TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just drove by there. Took me exactly 4 minutes to get there, with traffic. Gah.

Anyway... VERY heavy police presence. They have the entire road (Railroad) closed down now. Media is completely lining the streets. If I had to guess, across the entire scene, there's about 60 police cars, several FBI vans, and a military style truck just drove in a minute ago (assuming bomb guys). They may be about to detonate something. Or have found something significant. The house is pretty tiny. They have police tape all the way down to the end of the street (Pecan) and several businesses in between closed down (from Pecan, all the way to Walnut, down Railroad).

Anyway... just wanted to let everyone know what my eyeballs saw. Scary, very surreal scene over there, made me ill driving by. I used to play at the park closeby as a kid. I drive by that street DAILY. DAILY!!!

I really feel for his family.

Seems likely that he was building the bombs at his home. There may be more bombs stored there and probably some explosive materials, etc. Police are probably being extra cautious in removing everything.

They're probably just being very cautious to protect the public, just in case. If he had roommates, how were they not aware of what he was doing? It appears to be a rather small house.

I was homeschooled along with my brother until I was 8 and he was 9. My mom did it that way because my brother was very hyperactive- ADHD I suppose, if he had been professionally diagnosed. Through diet and a good early start at home- plus being older when starting public school, my brother was able to handle the school routine in a way he wouldn't have been if he had been in pre-K-earlier elementary years. He was never on any medicine. I was kept with him because we were close and for companionship- and I suppose so that he would not feel weird or "different" from all other kids in the family.

On WS it’s not permitted to sleuth Family and friends social media pages. It’s unfair to throw stones at the family. There are too many unknowns at this point and a witch hunt is not productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems likely that he was building the bombs at his home. There may be more bombs stored there and probably some explosive materials, etc. Police are probably being extra cautious in removing everything.

They're probably just being very cautious to protect the public, just in case. If he had roommates, how were they not aware of what he was doing? It appears to be a rather small house.

That's a good question. It will be interesting to see what they say. Most of these creeps live alone - unibomber, the creep who shot up the theater in Colorado and had his apartment rigged with explosives, etc., with the exception of those who are part of a network and view bomb-making as activism.

Kristen Holmes
‏
Verified account

@KristenhCNN
Follow Follow @KristenhCNN
More
All bombs used in Austin explosions were pipe bombs w batteries& smokeless powder-constructed w materials found in the average hardware & sporting goods store, law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation tells CNN

1:37 PM - 21 Mar 2018

News has been coming out so fast I can’t keep up.
First thing I thought of when I heard the location was you.

It's scary. It's surreal. It's scary. It's unfathomable. Realizing that I could have crossed paths with him at ANY point, in the grocery store (right in the middle of our houses), at a gas station (there are two that we frequent right near his house)... it's just insane to me. Insane.

That's a good question. It will be interesting to see what they say. Most of these creeps live alone - unibomber, the creep who shot up the theater in Colorado and had his apartment rigged with explosives, etc., with the exception of those who are part of a network and view bomb-making as activism.

He had 2 roommates

For those wondering how a murderer can consider themselves or actually be religious, the concept of a cosmic war explains it:

A “cosmic war” is an imagined battle between metaphysical forces—good and evil, right and wrong, order and chaos—that lies behind many cases of religion-related violence in the contemporary world. These transcendent spiritual images have been implanted onto the social and political scene, magnifying ordinary worldly conflict into sacred encounter. There is nothing specific to Christianity, Islam, or any other religion about this idea of cosmic war. Every religious tradition contains images of grand battles that have a divine valence to them. Hence every religion has some kind of mythic or legendary scenario of warfare that can be transported into contemporary conflict and elevate a social or political confrontation into cosmic war.

Keywords: war, religious violence, martyrdom, terrorism, jihad, holy war

http://religion.oxfordre.com/view/1...99340378.001.0001/acrefore-9780199340378-e-65

(Much more at link).

I am wondering about this. He did get fired so that is a red flag. Four years and performance going down .

He had two rommmates, apparently a family that he visited for hours at a time, he belonged to a church that would seem to have lots of activities and ability to hook up with like minded people.

He spent time in a bar. Seems unusual for someone who could go to church activities instead.

His church has pictures of people of different ethnic backgrounds.

Unless I,listen to the sermons, which I will not, I see nothing where they indicate what they think of homosexuality, sex offenders, or abortion.

Killing random people seems against the idea of Jesus but maybe I am missing it

Kristen Holmes
‏
Verified account

@KristenhCNN
4m4 minutes ago
More Kristen Holmes Retweeted Kristen Holmes
Source adds that all bombs had batteries & distinctive shrapnel inside- some had “mousetrap” switches, others had “close pin” switches-each w distinctive springs making them identifiable even after a blast. #AustinBombings

So is it the blue house on 2nd street? The one with crime scene tape. Thanks be safe

Yes. Blue with white trim is what I saw. That seems to be where police were more heavily concentrated. However, there were a couple houses surrounding that they seemed to be at as well. But the one that appeared to have the flags in the front, heavy tape, was a little blue house.

It is a VERY tiny house. If I had to guess, no more than 1000 sq. ft. I don't see how they didn't know, but... I suppose they may have just thought he was "playing" or "experimenting" and didn't realize he'd do something like THIS. I don't know, though. We'll wait until the reports come out. Maybe I'm just nosier than most, but if someone is living with me, I know what they are doing. Just saying.

I am wondering about this. He did get fired so that is a red flag. Four years and performance going down .

He had two rommmates, apparently a family that he visited for hours at a time, he belonged to a church that would seem to have lots of activities and ability to hook up with like minded people.

He spent time in a bar. Seems unusual for someone who could go to church activities instead.

Unless I,listen to the sermons, which I will not, I see nothing where they indicate what they think of homosexuality, sex offenders, or abortion.

They outline their beliefs on homosexuality (and other things) on their website. They are against same sex marriage.

His roommates probably have jobs so he could do his work while they were gone,

Not confirmed, obviously, but there is a strip center of several bars about a block or so from his home. So he could have gone without anyone really knowing what he was doing. "Just taking a walk..." etc.

Doesn't it seem odd that they wouldn't know what he was up to?

I didn't say that it was not odd. Just that he had 2 roommates not living alone, that was per APD. At this point jmho it is all odd but a fluid situation.

[FONT=&quot]WATCH: Raw video: Austin police give update on investigation involving bombings suspect

@15 minutes long
http://abc13.com/austin-serial-bombing-suspect-idd-after-blowing-himself-up/3241234/

Pflugerville resident :
He described the home over which the drones were flying as "a weird house with a lot of people coming and going" and a bit rundown.

Federal authorities have blocked off the scene in Pflugerville where they are interviewing Conditt's former roommates.

Police say those former roommates are not suspects. However, someone was removed from the scene in handcuffs at some point.
[/FONT]

I agree but people have been fighting wars and committing murder in the name of religion for centuries. They justify it with the cosmic war delusion, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj