TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those were my thoughts also. What could be so terrible that Police Chief is sympathetic but does not discuss?

Chilling and diabolical. What a horrible person. I'm still waiting for an apology from his family. A real apology--not the one that asked for us to pray for their monster of a son. It sounds like LE has at least issued some apologies to one of the deceased victim's families. That's a start, but they didn't raise the bomber in their home.

Five more signs for trip-wire bombs, more names on his list. I don't think he was planning to stop anytime soon. LE caught him in time.
No proof that he didn't hide more pkgs, bombs around Austin and in the parks. People are still on edge in Austin.

I have no doubt that was the type of "discipline" that would have been used in the Conditt house. Some of these extremist families proudly talk about using actual metal pipes to "discipline" their children. They will deny that it's child abuse because they claim it's biblically instructed. I would like to see which homeschooling "curriculum" was used by the Conditt family. I have a feeling it was not anything mainstream or accredited by an actual educational organization.

From your link:

The serial Austin bomber had been part of a Christian survivalist group that would discuss weapons and dangerous chemicals - as authorities reveal he had a target list of future locations to continue his reign of terror.

Mark Anthony Conditt, 23, took part in the conservative club called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT) as a teenager, which involved home-schooled youth studying the bible and being taught gun skills.

The bomber's grandmother Mary Conditt, who lives in Colorado, told CNN that she had never seen any sign of violence in him.

'If anything he's low-key and peaceful,' she said. 'He's from a family that is so tight, that works so hard to raise their children correctly. It's just horrible.'

[...]

'Our family is a normal family in every way. We love, we pray, and we try to inspire and serve others. Right now our prayers are for those families that have lost loved ones, for those impacted in any way, and for the soul of our Mark. We are grieving and we are in shock.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hristian-survivalist-group.html#ixzz5AWlGa8yV

(BBM above)

Red flags everywhere. "tight knit family trying to raise their children correctly" and "our family is normal in every way". Really? Because your "normal" son just terrorized an entire region with bombs, killed two people, and maimed several others.

This just screams religious fundamentalism and isolationist behavior. These are the "raising an army for God" so-called Christians who believe in the Old Testament laws even though they say they follow Jesus. Scary stuff.

Austin Police say if you still have surveillance video that shows anything that might be connected to the Austin bomber, they're still accepting it as they work to close the case on the six bombings that rocked the city.

It was home surveillance video that captured the sound of the fourth explosion Sunday in Southwest Austin.
http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/pol...surveillance-video-related-to-austin-bombings

I am always drawn to this simple verse: "My kingdom is not of this world, otherwise my disciples would fight." There is no violence in that.

A bomb found at a FedEx facility in Southeast Austin on Tuesday morning was addressed to an employee at Austin Med Spa, according to spa workers and the employee’s mother.

Anita Ward, a nurse at Austin Med Spa, said FBI agents and Austin police told her Tuesday morning that her daughter, who also works at the spa in downtown Austin, was to be the recipient of the unexploded bomb at a FedEx sorting facility at 4117 McKinney Falls Parkway near Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

Ward, who did not want to give her daughter’s name, said her daughter does not know Mark Conditt, who police say terrorized Austin with a series of bomb attacks that left two people dead and five injured.

The spa’s owner, Suzette Smith, said Conditt did not look familiar to anyone who works at the spa and was not a customer. https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...loyee-worker-mom-says/Ow90lvM3xRhFdJkbF2ScOI/

ETA: Ward’s daughter attends Austin Community College, but did not attend the school from 2010 to 2012, when Conditt was pursuing a business administration degree but did not graduate.

When I hear stories about how others live like this it makes me so thankful. Do you think they feel thankful when they hear how ‘normal’ live?

Bomb at FedEx facility targeted Austin Med Spa employee, worker’s mom says
https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...loyee-worker-mom-says/Ow90lvM3xRhFdJkbF2ScOI/

I wonder why Mark Conditt addressed one of the bomb to Anita Ward. Another strange turn of events.

I wonder about the other bomb in FedEx who that was addressed to.

If I understand correctly it was addressed to an unnamed* woman, the daughter of AW.

ETA *not publicly identified

He knew what he was and he says even as a child there was something wrong with him.

I don't know how to link to my post in the previous thread, so I copy and paste it here:

"Ok, it took me days now to find my username using Google and looking through threads that I remembered posting in.

What I wanted to post about now - to all the people who are trying to understand why he did this and why this happened, I totally unterstand your need to find an answer to that, especially if it happened really close to you.

The answer though is very simple, he was a psychopath. You can't understand them. They have a brain that is wired in a completely different way than the brain of people who are not psychopaths. They are also born this way. And whatever motive he thought he had, if you are not a psychopath, you won't deal with it the way he did.

If you really want to try and understand what is going on in the mind of a psychopath (not much, they don't have any deep feelings, they feel bored a lot because of this and always start and cause drama, they have no empathy, no conscience and not for one second are able to feel love or compassion for anyone), I recommend the book "Without Conscience" by Robert D. Hare. And I also recommend this documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60vK6Uw9sSE&t=1705s

I dealt with a psychopath for a couple of years and not only is it hell on earth, it is also impossible to change them (even treatment makes them worse, meaning, there is no treatment), it is almost impossible to understand what is going on in their heads - until you start to read about them in books, on the internet and watch documentaries."

-------------------------------

Somebody posted this link here:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/scientists-established-link-brain-damage-religious-fundamentalism/

"Scientists have established a link between brain damage and religious fundamentalism"

I think it is interesting that the prefrontal cortex is involved in this, the prefrontal cortex is abnormal in psychopaths as well.

So a resentment of the culturally liberal- all too commonly preached in some circles these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Credit to HMSHood for contributing this article-

The Psychology of Terrorism- even though we believe he acted alone, his mindset and actions were a form of domestic terrorism, IMO.
For those of you wanting to better understand someone like MAC, THIS IS A MUST READ!!!!!

Some important comments from the article-

Histories of Childhood Abuse and Trauma and themes of perceived Injustice and Humiliation often are prominent in
terrorist biographies.

Freud wrote- The 2 themes consistently at the center of terrorism/violence
1. arise from hostility toward's one's parents

2. Terrorism is a product of early abuse and maltreatment.

Feuer wrote- "Conflict of Generations" Theory-
A psychological
reaction of sons against fathers, terrorism is rooted in Childhood Abuse.

extremely abusive families create damaged sense of self

on Injustice, Maltreatment and Humiliation

Common sense and experience tells us people who are badly treated and/or unjustly punished WILL SEEK REVENGE

Most terrorists studied suffered Chronic Physical Abuse and Humiliation (in childhood or adolescence)

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208552.PDF

I agree. I had to deal with one in particular in my life and he had zero remorse for the things he did. They can be sadistic.

I believe package was addressed to spa worker's daughter who also works at spa.
I found someone w/ same name who was a contestant in beauty pageant in Austin-
wonder if she was a romantic 'fantasy' of MAC or if he tried to meet her and was rejected. Must be a connection.

It's possible MAC knew of her and developed a crush/stalked her.
There is a method to the madness we just cannot see the connections yet. Not enough yet.

Oh, they are very sadistic. To them other people are things, not human beings. They use them to get whatever they want, manipulate them, also, one huge red flag is that from the beginning they complain about their life just to get your sympathy (and empathy) and then manipulate you with that and try to get whatever they want and need, mostly material things like money. Parasitic lifestyle. They are pathological liars as well.

Which, in this case with the "confession" that was full of complaining about his life, fits perfectly as well.

In general and especially in this case, just don't waste your time with feeling sorry for him, like "he was so young, what went wrong with this poor soul?" - they don't have a soul. Just focus on yourself, he doesn't deserve your empathy. If you ever meet a psychopath, they will just use your empathy against you.

I know I said yesterday that I feel bad for him, and I can't imagine how sad, dark, and depressed he must have been.

But dammit. If I have to read one more thing about his family talking about what a good guy he was...

NO! Your son/grandson/nephew KILLED PEOPLE. He may have been a good person 1, 2, 5 years ago but he KILLED PEOPLE. He's NOT a good person!

I get that it's hard for them to process. It HONESTLY may have come as a shock to them, but good grief, show some remorse for the people he KILLED and their families!

Ugh. Rant over.

Exactly. So sick. It's still about him. Poor nice christian boy.
No. He's terrorist. A Religious zealot. Just like with Muslim Terrorist. Doing exactly what Terrorist do best. Bombings. (Yet Muslim terrorist would never get the sympathy this devil gets). Not that they should.
What about the people he bombed. What about their family and loved ones. What about all the good they did?What about how good,and decent,and upstanding they were?

Exactly. So sick. It's still about him. Poor nice christian boy.
No. He's terrorist. A Religious zealot. Just like with Muslim Terrorist. Doing exactly what Terrorist do best. Bombings. (Yet Muslim terrorist would never get the sympathy this devil gets). Not that they should.
What about the people he bombed. What about their family and loved ones. What about all the good they did?What about how good,and decent,and upstanding they were?

The media is going to latch on the bomber that's what they do, but I think the media should also focus on the victims. Otherwise, people forget them and only remember the bomber.

I find it interesting that the Grandmother quoted previously about 'what a great, tight, normal family this is, happens
to be the father's mother. remember in these religious, Patriarchal families, the father rules the roost.
She sounds just like the patriarchal grandmother in the Turpin family- that tortured and abused their 13 children in
texas and California.
My point is- look to the fathers in Patriarchal Families. Meaness, cruelty, abuse to children is generational.

In the eyes of the father's family, they're all normal, innocent, nothing wrong in this family. Move on.

PS- Both of these fathers were Engineers. Things oriented, not people oriented. IMO.

Anyone hear any statements from the MAC?Austin Bomber's church? Offers of condolences to the victims?
Anything? radio silence is deafening.

ok, I finally found his church:

"Two of the bombs were set in lower-income neighborhoods while the most recent explosion occurred in a middle-class neighborhood in Southwest Austin. There has been speculation as to whether they are coordinated and targeted – a hate crime or something else – but that is still unclear."

First bomb was set off in a nice neighborhood. Why do they even mention "lower-income".

https://www.austinstonecounseling.org/responding-biblically-to-the-bombings-in-austin-tx/

and in no way do they mention MAC attending their own church or offer links to help the victims' families.

The 2nd bomb was in a lower income area.

The 2nd bomb was in a lower income area.

But why the need to mention it on a church website? It seems an odd choice of words. Callous and uncaring. I'd expect a church to link to funds to help victim's families. There was no need to mention income. Three bombs on the Eastside and one on South West would sufice.

I find it interesting that the Grandmother quoted previously about 'what a great, tight, normal family this is, happens
to be the father's mother. remember in these religious, Patriarchal families, the father rules the roost.
She sounds just like the patriarchal grandmother in the Turpin family- that tortured and abused their 13 children in
texas and California.
My point is- look to the fathers in Patriarchal Families. Meaness, cruelty, abuse to children is generational.

In the eyes of the father's family, they're all normal, innocent, nothing wrong in this family. Move on.

PS- Both of these fathers were Engineers. Things oriented, not people oriented. IMO.

Obviously what's "normal" for their family may not be normal to us. R.I.O.T survivalist Bible Camps teaching warfare seems extreme to me.

But why the need to mention it on a church website? It seems an odd choice of words. Callous and uncaring. I'd expect a church to link to funds to help victim's families. There was no need to mention income. Three bombs on the Eastside and one on South West would sufice.

Yeah, I can agree with you on that, I don't see the purpose of mentioning it on that website specifically.

I think it IS important to mention for the motive, but I don't think the church should have taken that opportunity to point it out.

Somewhere earlier I read a reporter contacted the church, and they denied knowing him or any details of his attending
any of their church campuses. Total denial.

This is OT but KXAN's new anchor Sydney Benter has a voice that is - um - different. Is it just me? Is this what they mean by "vocal fry"?

OT: If you hadn’t told me I’d think it was several different people, lol.

Yeah, I can agree with you on that, I don't see the purpose of mentioning it on that website specifically.

I think it IS important to mention for the motive, but I don't think the church should have taken that opportunity to point it out.

yes, it may be a hard fact but I would not have written a compassionate post using those particular words. It seems classist and judgemental (whether that was the intention).

Somewhere earlier I read a reporter contacted the church, and they denied knowing him or any details of his attending
any of their church campuses. Total denial.

Interesting when other articles say they were devout churchgoers attending every Sunday, Bible Camps etc...including family friends.

Reading the latest posts here - just a general comment, psychopathy is not only something you are born with, it is also hereditary. Doesn't mean one or both of the parents have to have it, in a lot of cases they don't and - like I said before - in a lot of cases the parents are desperate and don't know how to deal with their child, but there might still be other family members with it. Maybe a few generations back.

yes, it may be a hard fact but I would not have written a compassionate post using those particular words. It seems classist and judgemental (whether that was the intention).

"classist and judgemental"......if you read some of the YELP reviews of this church from people who attended there once or twice, they mentioned it was very 'er, money oriented. To be a member and continue attending their services, you
must sign a contract, promising to tithe 10% of your income, etc. The reviews said they were 'all about money'.
they also said, check out the elders and directors, they ALL live in mult-million dollar mansions.

Morning all.

I finally feel like things are calming down here locally. While police are still around his house (I expect that for a few more days), they aren't as heavy, media isn't there at the house lining the streets, and I feel like we can finally get back to a little normalcy. It was pretty scary, but now I just want them to wrap up in the investigation, release the manifesto and other information to the public so we can form our OWN opinions, and then forget about it just like every other "story" in history (sad truth).

Bbm: If the majority of the manifesto details the making, materials, sources, planning and execution of all the bombs in explicit detail, maybe that is why they are not releasing it to the public. --Don't want to hand over anything to a copy cat? Maybe there are other specifics like names mentioned that authorities are investigating, too. jmo

I am so glad things are feeling a little calmer for you, and for Austin, TX. Your posts here have given those of us from afar the reality of those close to this tragedy, to your community, leyash. It going to take time and what separates this kind of terror is how this terrorist went cloaked, for almost three weeks, and the all out hunt to find him. So many agencies involved.

I am sure more details will come out in due time.

Reading the latest posts here - just a general comment, psychopathy is not only something you are born with, it is also hereditary. Doesn't mean one or both of the parents have to have it, in a lot of cases they don't and - like I said before - in a lot of cases the parents are desperate and don't know how to deal with their child, but there might still be other family members with it. Maybe a few generations back.

With due respect, this is controversial regarding nurture or nature of brain dysfunction. The article I posted previously
about "Psychology of Terrorism/Violence was quite clear that psychopaths are not born, they are made through
family abuse and dysfunction. No such thing as just 'evil'.

"classist and judgemental"......if you read some of the YELP reviews of this church from people who attended there once or twice, they mentioned it was very 'er, money oriented. To be a member and continue attending their services, you
must sign a contract, promising to tithe 10% of your income, etc. The reviews said they were 'all about money'.
they also said, check out the elders and directors, they ALL live in mult-million dollar mansions.

oh wow...I had no idea. I just started researching the church today. I thought the website post showed lacked of empathy and focused on the wealth of the neighborhoods, no mention of helping the victims at all. I was raised Christian and this just does not seem very Christ like and loving to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back