TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With due respect, this is controversial regarding nurture or nature of brain dysfunction. The article I posted previously
about "Psychology of Terrorism/Violence was quite clear that psychopaths are not born, they are made through
family abuse and dysfunction. No such thing as just 'evil'.

There are theories that it is passed through DNA/heredity generics and through nurture (or the lack of). One can be born psychopath but have a great childhood and they pursue law or become a surgeon instead.
They are directed into a productive life rather than fall into criminality.

So earlier it was said on this forum that his sister turned him in. People were asked to provide sources for that and I don't think anyone ever did, at least that I saw. I don't think we have any proof the sister turned him in. I'd like to lay that rumor to rest once and for all if we can.

Bbm: If the majority of the manifesto details the making, materials, sources, planning and execution of all the bombs in explicit detail, maybe that is why they are not releasing it to the public. --Don't want to hand over anything to a copy cat? Maybe there are other specifics like names mentioned that authorities are investigating, too. jmo

I am so glad things are feeling a little calmer for you, and for Austin, TX. Your posts here have given those of us from afar the reality of those close to this tragedy, to your community, leyash. It going to take time and what separates this kind of terror is how this terrorist went cloaked, for almost three weeks, and the all out hunt to find him. So many agencies involved.

I am sure more details will come out in due time.

They could edit that part of the manifesto out. Of course, PLEASE don't teach other people how to do this... goodness.

I want to hear it out of his mouth. WHY. What in the world was SO wrong with his life that he felt the need to do this? I just want to hear it myself.

And yeah, we've seen ATF, FBI, military vehicles, SWAT, etc. up and down the street, all around the surrounding neighborhoods, police standing out in the streets, etc. It's like a dang war zone. So glad it seems to be calming down. I won't lie, I've been extremely on edge the last few days. Rough.

I just hope the victims' families can find some sort of peace now that it's over. I hope they can find SOME sort of positive out of all of this, though I don't know what or how. I just wish them peace and comfort. I can't imagine how hard it is.

So earlier it was said on this forum that his sister turned him in. People were asked to provide sources for that and I don't think anyone ever did, at least that I saw. I don't think we have any proof the sister turned him in. I'd like to lay that rumor to rest once and for all if we can.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-left-audio-recording-saying-psychopath.html

In the audio, Conditt is heard blaming himself for tipping off investigators as to his whereabouts.

I'm searching, but not seeing anything MSM or news about sister tipping them off. I do see where the local paramedics may have tipped him off, however.

They could edit that part of the manifesto out. Of course, PLEASE don't teach other people how to do this... goodness.

I want to hear it out of his mouth. WHY. What in the world was SO wrong with his life that he felt the need to do this? I just want to hear it myself.

And yeah, we've seen ATF, FBI, military vehicles, SWAT, etc. up and down the street, all around the surrounding neighborhoods, police standing out in the streets, etc. It's like a dang war zone. So glad it seems to be calming down. I won't lie, I've been extremely on edge the last few days. Rough.

I just hope the victims' families can find some sort of peace now that it's over. I hope they can find SOME sort of positive out of all of this, though I don't know what or how. I just wish them peace and comfort. I can't imagine how hard it is.

According to Chief Manley he only confesses to creating the bombs offers no real motive or answers. Maybe nothing was wrong but he was afliated with psyop[athy/anti-social personlaity disoders hated people wanted to terorize them? It's something I'm coming to terms with what if he won't provide any real motives or answers for us? frustrating.

According to Chief Manley he only confesses to creating the bombs offers no real motive or answers. Maybe nothing was wrong but he was afliated with psyop[athy/anti-social personlaity disoders hated people wanted to terorize them? It's something I'm coming to terms with what if he won't provide any real motives or answers for us? frustrating.

That's always possible. But he talks about being a psychopath since childhood, he wishes he was sorry but he's not, etc. I'd imagine he expands on that a little bit. I don't know... I just want to hear what HE has to say, and not what others (Manley's) opinions are about what they heard him say, if that makes sense.

With due respect, this is controversial regarding nurture or nature of brain dysfunction. The article I posted previously
about "Psychology of Terrorism/Violence was quite clear that psychopaths are not born, they are made through
family abuse and dysfunction. No such thing as just 'evil'.

No, they are born that way, one of the things is the prefrontal cortex that is ... different. I admit that I don't have the time right now to go into this in more detail, but you can google it. There are also twin studies showing that it definitely is more nature than nurture.

If they are made through abuse in the family, then why are there so many people who went through a lot of trauma in their childhood but don't become psychopaths? I would also be very careful with prisoners who are psychopaths and complain about all the abuse they went through - they are pathological liars and want to get your sympathy.

The nurture thing that is true though is that, lets say a highly educated psychopath behaves in a totally different way than an uneducated one. Or a very intelligent one acts in a totally different way than an unintelligent one.

Also, why, if it is all nurture, is it not possible to treat them with therapy and why does therapy only make them worse? Psychopathic prisoners who got therapy in prison are more likely to end up in prison again than the ones who didn't receive any treatment. And why are they "different" even as children? Which is actually part of the psychopathy checklist (early behavior problems):

glib and superficial charm
grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
need for stimulation
pathological lying
cunning and manipulativeness
lack of remorse or guilt
shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
callousness and lack of empathy
parasitic lifestyle
poor behavioral controls
sexual promiscuity
early behavior problems
lack of realistic long-term goals
impulsivity
irresponsibility
failure to accept responsibility for own actions
many short-term marital relationships
juvenile delinquency
revocation of conditional release
criminal versatility

Also, just a footnote, if you ever had to deal with a psychopath, you could never say that they are not evil.

There are theories that it is passed through DNA/heredity generics and through nurture (or the lack of). One can be born psychopath but have a great childhood and they pursue law or become a surgeon instead.
They are directed into a productive life rather than fall into criminality.

Right, and they are usually hell to work with. And if they have a spouse and children they will still give them hell. Not all psychopaths become criminals, in fact most of them don't.

P.S. Or they commit crimes, domestic violence, etc., but are never reported to police or know how far they can go and not get caught.

I find it interesting that the Grandmother quoted previously about 'what a great, tight, normal family this is, happens
to be the father's mother. remember in these religious, Patriarchal families, the father rules the roost.
She sounds just like the patriarchal grandmother in the Turpin family- that tortured and abused their 13 children in
texas and California.
My point is- look to the fathers in Patriarchal Families. Meaness, cruelty, abuse to children is generational.

In the eyes of the father's family, they're all normal, innocent, nothing wrong in this family. Move on.

PS- Both of these fathers were Engineers. Things oriented, not people oriented. IMO.

I think that is a bit unfair to classify 'engineers' as not people oriented etc. My stepdad was the most loving, caring and generous man I ever knew. And he was a proud mechanical engineer.

Nor can we say with any certainty that the bombers father was mean, cruel, abusive. I have not seen any evidence of this so far.

If you have then maybe link it for us?

This is what I saw about his relationship with his son:

"Roessler met suspected Austin bomber mark Conditt and his father when they bought the house across the street a couple of years ago. "Over the course of that first year I would see them working evenings and weekends as they had money and time and they were fixing it up," Roessler said.

Roessler said he would stop by when he saw Conditt and his dad working on the house. "We would just visit and say 'hello and how's it going? I'm interested in what you guys are doing here' and we would visit and they would invite me in and show me around," Roessler said."

Roessler said he is as surprised as anyone that the person responsible for terrorizing the city of Austin for three weeks was living right next door the entire time. "I just know what I observed while he was here and I saw nothing but a loving father and a respectful young son, so that's the family that I knew," Roessler said.

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/sen...e-neighborhood-austin-bomber-once-called-home

People have said that MAC and his father worked together for over a year on rebuilding the run down home. The father told a neighbor that he was working on his relationship with his son during this time.

They bought the old home together and worked on it every day for about a year. That sounds to me like the father was putting a lot of effort into their relationship. He does not sound like a cruel or mean, neglectful father. I think it is unfair to judge the man as an abusive, cruel father without any evidence to back it up.

MAC was an evil, messed up, psychopath for sure. He terrorized the city. But I don't think it is fair to label the father as abusive and cruel if we do not know that to be true.

That's always possible. But he talks about being a psychopath since childhood, he wishes he was sorry but he's not, etc. I'd imagine he expands on that a little bit. I don't know... I just want to hear what HE has to say, and not what others (Manley's) opinions are about what they heard him say, if that makes sense.

I agree I want to know also.

I still don't know where that started. I thought I read it in an online news site. Maybe it was scrubbed after it was found to be false?

Bbm: --Perfectly reasonable and understandable. Hoping they release what they can in audio, not just an edited written transcription. --But in the terrorist's choice of communication.

Thinking back to Elliot Roger's video manifesto. How the tone of his voice revealed so much about the depth of his psychosis.

I think that is a bit unfair to classify 'engineers' as not people oriented etc. My stepdad was the most loving, caring and generous man I ever knew. And he was a proud mechanical engineer.

Nor can we say with any certainty that the bombers father was mean, cruel, abusive. I have not seen any evidence of this so far.

If you have then maybe link it for us?

This is what I saw about his relationship with his son:

"Roessler met suspected Austin bomber mark Conditt and his father when they bought the house across the street a couple of years ago. "Over the course of that first year I would see them working evenings and weekends as they had money and time and they were fixing it up," Roessler said.

Roessler said he would stop by when he saw Conditt and his dad working on the house. "We would just visit and say 'hello and how's it going? I'm interested in what you guys are doing here' and we would visit and they would invite me in and show me around," Roessler said."

Roessler said he is as surprised as anyone that the person responsible for terrorizing the city of Austin for three weeks was living right next door the entire time. "I just know what I observed while he was here and I saw nothing but a loving father and a respectful young son, so that's the family that I knew," Roessler said.

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/sen...e-neighborhood-austin-bomber-once-called-home

People have said that MAC and his father worked together for over a year on rebuilding the run down home. The father told a neighbor that he was working on his relationship with his son during this time.

They bought the old home together and worked on it every day for about a year. That sounds to me like the father was putting a lot of effort into their relationship. He does not sound like a cruel or mean, neglectful father. I think it is unfair to judge the man as an abusive, cruel father without any evidence to back it up.

MAC was an evil, messed up, psychopath for sure. He terrorized the city. But I don't think it is fair to label the father as abusive and cruel if we do not know that to be true.

I agree with you. The family didn't commit this crime, he did. And I am sure they are in shock, not only did they lose their son but they have to live with what he did.

And about the sister reporting him - I remember reading this here and only here, the first time someone mentioned it, the poster said that CNN reported this. I took it as "on TV", not in an article. Maybe they just got it wrong and it was only mentioned this one time on CNN?

I still don't know where that started. I thought I read it in an online news site. Maybe it was scrubbed after it was found to be false?

The only place I saw it was here.

Same here. I never saw a mainstream media report about his sister. I agree, it got legs here and kept being repeated and repeated and repeated without verification.

So..can we put that one to rest now?

OT: http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/isd-emile-elementary-school-under-lock-out

Local school under lock-out.

What is this world coming to? I don't know if it's just me being hyper-aware or what it is, but I am SO. SO. tired of all of this... already. It's hourly there's SOMETHING on the news about something. I'm over it. Gah. I hope these kids are safe.

The lock-out was lifted. Only lasted about 15-20 minutes.

It was on CNN the morning he blew himself up. Then it disappeared. The article I saw sounded like maybe she
tipped LE off earlier and then confirmed it when she saw the FEDEX video of him mailing the pkgs.

there have been numerous things mentioned by MSM that have now been changed or dropped. Originally the
chase and explosion were described totally differently.

Are we allowed to post sites here? If it's from a news source?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back