TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where is the article from the coworker who said that the parents homeschooled to keep the kids away from.... I forget what. And that they gave parenting advice.

I cannot remember. I'll try to hunt it down.

The house was purchased as a "fixer upper" project several years ago. At that time MC was still employed. He had that job for four years, so not sure why at the time of house purchase, parents would have any idea that he had trouble at work.

Family is already on record claiming they were completely unaware.

Maybe if they'd known what to look for they wouldn't have been so unaware of what was happening in their loved one's life.

Maybe if they'd known what to look for they wouldn't have been so unaware of what was happening in their loved one's life.

What would you look for in this particular case? He wasn't constantly (or even ever) getting in trouble like some others, where at least there was an idea that something is going to happen. Most people just describe him as quiet.

The house was purchased as a "fixer upper" project several years ago. At that time MC was still employed. He had that job for four years, so not sure why at the time of house purchase, parents would have any idea that he had trouble at work.

Didn't realize that was the time they purchased the home, and missed the time frame on the job. Loosely following after he detonated himself. My apologies.

BBM

I was thinking about the Amish, when you posted about "othering" on your last post. I've only known of one really horrific murder, by an Amish man, at least where I'm at, and there are lots of them here, in parts of Ky. Mostly in the foothills. That man turned himself in to LE a few years after he committed the murder.

However, the Amish are the poster children for "othering". One cannot be LGBTQ and be Amish, they use corporal punishment, have insulated themselves from the outside world-liness, divorce is highly frowned upon and can be grounds for excommunication, and females must wear head coverings to denote their marital status (I think beards, or lack of, denote males status). Although pleasant, and cordial, to us English, we are the "others" to the Amish. They do have their own internal issues, as life in their community is not just some bucolic dream world, but they solve most among themselves.

The Amish, may not have issues with violence, in the same way as the "English", because they also have no electricity to constantly power hours of television, computers, and video game entertainment, either. They don't spend significant amounts of time, in front of these devices. Instead, because of their "othering", they must rely on a strong sense of community. Neighbors will give freely of their time to help one another, and kids work in the family business, doing apprenticeships, to learn a trade.

I don't know how many times, in interviews, after some horrific act, that I've heard the neighbors say, "Seemed like a nice guy, but, we didn't really know him . I spoke to him/her occasionally at the mailbox.". I don't think that it's about any views about firearms that the Amish own. If an Amish kid wanted to commit suicide, with their family's firearm, they could attempt to, just as easily as an English kid could. I think it's about the Amish's strong sense of community, and caring for one another. They have to, if their community is to survive. They know one another in their community, they eat together, worship together, and work together.

Lots of issues in the Amish community.

They can be googled.

The silence speaks volumes

Maybe they don't feel like it's their place to ask for prayers for the victims, considering. It's not normally done, not sure why it would be expected from them but not from anybody else.

A coworker said that the parents gave parenting advice, The grandmother said what excellent parents they are. I think they think they do a great job,

They said they are a normal family

Lots of issues in the Amish community.

They can be googled.

I agree. It is not, as I said, the bucolic dream world that folks think. Looks can be deceiving. They do not, however, usually go on bombing escapades.

I agree. It is not, as I said, the bucolic dream world that folks think. Looks can be deceiving. They do not, however, usually go on bombing escapades.

Neither do vast majority of non-Amish. Bombing cases are unusual.

Maybe they don't feel like it's their place to ask for prayers for the victims, considering. It's not normally done, not sure why it would be expected from them but not from anybody else.

They present themselves as an involved religious family. I think we have heard from other families re victims. I think the Tampa killer family for one.

I wish I could post the video that is included in this article. It is of Draylen Mason (and his participation at Interlochen Arts Academy in Michigan) performing with his bass — he is outstandingly talented.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2018/03/texas_bomb_victim_was_michigan.html
attachment.php

Since nobody is talking about this, I will. This fine young man, Draylen Mason, died yesterday when he opened a package delivered to his home that contained a bomb. He was 17, a student at Intelochen Academy of the Arts (which is one of the most prestigious arts camps in the US), he played with the Austin Youth Symphony and even got to play with members of the LA Philharmonic (which is considered one of the best orchestras in the country.) He was an honors student and was expected to study music at a college conservatory. He was a boy, an artist and a good citizen. May his memory be a blessing!
#DraylenMason

thank you!!

I think it's quite normal to at least send prayers and link to the victim's funds.

Neither do vast majority of non-Amish. Bombing cases are unusual.

My original response, was to "othering". For the most part, the Amish are pacifists and don't kill folks. For the most part. They are a religious group, with strict tenants, and in speaking to "othering", they are for the most part, very good at "othering".

"Relatives of bombing victim Esperanza “Hope” Herrera say they’re praying for the soul of the bomber, Mark Conditt."

yet, nothing from Mark's family or his Church regarding the victims, nor asking anyone to help them. If so, it's not in the local news.
https://www.statesman.com/news/fami...rays-for-mark-conditt/PEACWnvFWc8F26lkNuwSTM/

Elliot Rodger's parents:
“We are crying in pain for the victims and their families. It breaks our hearts on a level that we didn’t think possible,” Astaire read on the Today show Thursday. “The feeling of knowing that it was our son’s actions that caused the tragedy can only be described as hell on earth.”
http://time.com/136764/elliot-rodger-parents/

Virginia Tech shooter's family:
“Our family is so very sorry for my brother’s unspeakable actions. It is a terrible tragedy for all of us,” the family said in a statement issued by Cho’s sister, Sun-Kyung Cho.

Seung-Hui Cho, 23, an English major, killed 32 people and committed suicide Monday at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history.

“He has made the world weep,” the statement by Cho’s family said. “We are living a nightmare.”
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18201501/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/he-made-world-weep-chos-family-says

Orlando shooting: At Fort Pierce Islamic Center, Mateen’s imam weeps
There were still tears in Imam Syed Shafeeq Rahman’s eyes minutes after he emerged from the 2:30 p.m. Sunday prayer at the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce, the mosque Omar Mateen attended several times a week until just days before he opened fire at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub.

“I just cried when we prayed, in front of everyone,” Rahman, 50, explained. “I cried for all the people who died. Of course, it is a big shock for us.”

They present themselves as an involved religious family. I think we have heard from other families re victims. I think the Tampa killer family for one.

Well, I guess offering prayers don't mean much to me. And while family of alleged Tampa serial killer are praying, they are refusing to testify against their son (assuming we are talking about the same case?)

We usually do. I wonder why they are so silent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503
Back