TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watergirl: Does that mean something's happened on top of the 2 tripwire bombs just now???
Is there a total of 5 or 4 bombings? (I think I've read '5' in places....)
That pic' of yours says 'confirm' on the bottom - does that mean the police want you to click on it so they know you 'got the message'?

How awful for the police and their dogs!!

Just got another alert. I am about 6 miles from incident 4.

Austin ISD goes back today. SB was last week.
8cef3c4ecae08a28a4e4a16619e846e0.jpg

Watergirl, are there any local news updates on what prompted the alert you just got? Everything I’m finding online is about the incident last night.

Cameras have become extremely popular in my East Dallas neighborhood as crime has been on the rise. The most common crimes are porch package thefts and car break-ins but there are the occasional violent crime spates like the driveway hold-ups we had a few years ago. You can buy a very simple Ring doorbell camera for $150 which senses and records motion on your porch and beyond.

Cameras immediately came to mind when first hearing of these bombings. I assumed the bomber picked targets that did not appear to have cameras in or around. After looking at the address reported by the news in this latest attack it looks like one of four large houses in a culdesac. I am hoping one of these houses has cameras and I am very eager to learn where exactly in proximity to these houses the bomb was placed.

Watergirl, are there any local news updates on what prompted the alert you just got? Everything I’m finding online is about the incident last night.
This is still incident 4 and that's how Amber Alerts show up on my phone also. Local news was checking on the confusion created by these alerts this morning. I am waiting to be sure the AISD bus shows up this morning before I leave. Only 2 private schools have delayed starts that I know of and AISD buses aren't picking up in the immediate neighborhood. I think only the immediate neighborhood is being kept inside? Not sure. Confusing.

I sure hope this person isn't winding their way towards the university. I did my undergraduate studies at Univ of Texas ('92-'96) and there were a few times where various depts or professors were being actively threatened by all manner of crazies from religious zealots angry about fetal or evolution research (that was my dept, Anthropology, fun times being 20yo and having to watch your back because of some nut) to anti-gov't/militia types convinced the university was indoctrinating students with communist ideas to just your run of the mill crazies who thought the univ was involved in persecuting them or planning some nefarious plot.

I just got the same alert as watergirl62 right now. I live 5 miles from the 4th incident, for reference. No other info on my end, yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
530827a288c15d559fb0eaa2cf1d3bf6.jpg

I should have checked this thread this morning before leaving my house to drop kiddo off at school. This is all way too close to comfort.
I wonder if the bomber is angry about the massive growth Austin has been experiencing. It’s quickly becoming another tech hub, prices on housing are definitely going up etc and I wonder if any of that pushed this guy to the edge.

I wonder if ONE of the package recipients was targeted and the others are to cover that?

I wonder if ONE of the package recipients was targeted and the others are to cover that?

That thought crossed my mind also, particularly because one of the early victims was the president of his HOA. I know HOA stuff can get crazy when you have the wrong kind of people running it.

Cameras have become extremely popular in my East Dallas neighborhood as crime has been on the rise. The most common crimes are porch package thefts and car break-ins but there are the occasional violent crime spates like the driveway hold-ups we had a few years ago. You can buy a very simple Ring doorbell camera for $150 which senses and records motion on your porch and beyond.

Cameras immediately came to mind when first hearing of these bombings. I assumed the bomber picked targets that did not appear to have cameras in or around. After looking at the address reported by the news in this latest attack it looks like one of four large houses in a culdesac. I am hoping one of these houses has cameras and I am very eager to learn where exactly in proximity to these houses the bomb was placed.

one of my favorite channels is ID, and one of my fav. programs is See No Evil: it is amazing that there are cameras everywhere and I would expect that some of this criminal activity would be caught on camera. At least I hope so.

I should have checked this thread this morning before leaving my house to drop kiddo off at school. This is all way too close to comfort.
I wonder if the bomber is angry about the massive growth Austin has been experiencing. It’s quickly becoming another tech hub, prices on housing are definitely going up etc and I wonder if any of that pushed this guy to the edge.

I wondered the exact same thing, with real estate prices pushing so many low-income families out of their homes, particularly on the east side.

I wonder if these are all the same perpetrator.

I wonder if this is in any way a backlash from Parkland FL, specifically in terms of gun control and gun rights.

Those alerts were confusing but we do all need to be in high alert so definitely effective. Hope they get some good tips!

I have read that the first 3 incidents were connected through the victims being related or attending the same church. I will try and find news articles. Do others remember it reading this?

I have read that the first 3 incidents were connected through the victims being related or attending the same church. I will try and find news articles. Do others remember it reading this?

Well that is interesting! I'm just catching up, been out of town for a week, so if you find any info, please post.

yes, this is indeed correct. Both promient families involved in the Africian-American community attended same Methodist church.

"The local National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) president Nelson Linder told NBC news that the two murdered victims had links to local prominent African-American families and were connected by the same Methodist church."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43453237

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tims-connected-family-ties-skin-color-n856621

"The two Texans killed by package bombs in Austin, Texas, this month were members of prominent African-American families and knew each other, the local NAACP president said Wednesday.

“They have a long history and go to the same church,” Nelson Linder said of the two victims, Stephen House and Draylen Mason, in an interview with NBC News.

Draylen Mason, center, died in one of the Austin bombing incidents. via Facebook
Linder identified their church as Wesley United Methodist Church, which was founded 152 years ago by newly freed slaves.
House was killed on March 2, and Mason on Monday. In another bombing on Monday, investigators believe that a Hispanic woman, Esperanza Herrera, 75, picked up an explosive package that was intended for somebody else. She remained hospitalized in critical condition on Wednesday.

“The intended target was another person who might be connected to the House and Mason families,” said Linder, who declined to identify the targeted person or discuss a possible motive."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member