TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12:37 p.m.

The San Antonio Police Department clarified chief William McManus misspoke when he said there was a second package discovered at the FedEx facility in Schertz. Authorities did not find a secondary device at the facility.

12:45 p.m.

FedEx released a statement confirming the individual responsible for the Schertz package bomb also shipped a second package that was secured and turned over to law enforcement.

The statement also says the delivery service has turned over extensive evidence related to the packages and the individual who shipped them "collected from [their] advanced technology systems."

https://www.ksat.com/news/1-injured...edex-ground-facility-in-schertz-officials-say

So, that's clear as mud.

I personally feel at this point that he doesn't have specific "targets." After the tripwire went off, and after this latest deal at the FedEx facility where it could have exploded on ANYONE, he doesn't have specific targets in mind.

It's probably just about taking an easy avenue, and making sure he doesn't get caught.

FedEx Responds to Incidents in Texas
March 20, 2018
Updated 12:00 PM CT

FedEx has confirmed that a package detonated at a San Antonio FedEx Ground facility early this morning. We have also confirmed that the individual responsible also shipped a second package that has now been secured and turned over to law enforcement. We are thankful that there were no serious injuries from this criminal activity. We have provided law enforcement responsible for this investigation extensive evidence related to these packages and the individual that shipped them collected from our advanced technology security systems. The safety and security measures in place across the FedEx networks are designed to protect the safety of our people, customers and communities, and to assist law enforcement as appropriate.

https://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom/fedex-response-to-incident-in-san-antonio-tx/

I find it odd that after pulling off 4 bombs in a row executed to plan (I assume) and undetected that the same person would start feeling risky or relaxed to the point to use Fed Ex as a delivery agent and walk into their store thinking they will continue to go undetected. They also are losing control of the device itself by handing it over to a delivery agent not knowing what route and how much time it will take rendering it unpredictable and potentially ineffective. I don't get it.

I used to ride it from highland mall (where I worked) to UT campus and back... Sheesh 20 years ago.

Students ride buses. I still think it could be a UT student.

I don't feel like they are taking public transportation. Too much of a risk. What if they can't get away in time and they get caught? What if the bomb explodes and then police realize it was him who did it? I feel like it's too risky to be on public transportation. He wants his own vehicle so he can get in and out quickly, and blend in with other cars on the road. Not be "stuck" in a bus.

I have a feeling we will here of an arrest before that. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that today.

I like to think that the bomber screwed up big time taking bomb packages to FedEx.

maybe the increased risks excite him ... maybe the unknown is also part of the thrill ... maybe he's thinking 'look at these idiots - I do it right under their noses and they still can't catch me'

I find it odd that after pulling off 4 bombs in a row executed to plan (I assume) and undetected that the same person would start feeling risky or relaxed to the point to use Fed Ex as a delivery agent and walk into their store thinking they will continue to go undetected. They also are losing control of the device itself by handing it over to a delivery agent not knowing what route and how much time it will take rendering it unpredictable and potentially ineffective. I don't get it.

CBS Austin
‏
Verified account

@cbsaustin
51s51 seconds ago
More CBS Austin Retweeted CBS Austin
UPDATE: Austin Police have cleared the scene, no danger found

CBS Austin
‏Verified account@cbsaustin
2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Whole Foods at Arbor Trails evacuated after reports of suspicious suitcase http://bit.ly/2HO9QiJ video courtesy @sauctin_flexas

CBS Austin
‏
Verified account

@cbsaustin
51s51 seconds ago
More CBS Austin Retweeted CBS Austin
UPDATE: Austin Police have cleared the scene, no danger found

CBS Austin
‏Verified account@cbsaustin
2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Whole Foods at Arbor Trails evacuated after reports of suspicious suitcase http://bit.ly/2HO9QiJ video courtesy @sauctin_flexas

What!? I was just there a few hours ago!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the January 20th bombs were being blown off only 9 miles from the location of the trip wire bomb too. Someone could have even ridden a bike that distance and set the bomb up.

Okay so do not take this as fact as it’s simply what I’ve been told. I’m very local to the recent trip wire explosion, and shop often near the Brodie FedEx facility. This morning I was speaking with a fireman who was called to the scene of the trip wire. Some of this may be new, and some not but I figured I would share:
He said there was a “For Sale” sign, and a backpack further away from it. The backpack is what exploded but the For Sale sign helped trigger it. He confirmed there were nails used. Regarding motive, something he said is floating around among first responders is that the bomber is testing out various response times, so that he can time a second explosion to successfully injure first responders. This is just a theory they’ve been discussing amongst themselves.
I also spoke to a friend whose best friend lives on the street four houses down from the explosion. She said they thought it was thunder when the explosion went off. She also confirmed the injured guys were walking their bikes, and that the bike blew into one of them, and that his leg is quite mangled. Didn’t have info on other injuries. She and the fireman both mentioned that that particular area is very busy with people walking, riding bikes etc and that there are always people out, and that the bomber must have known this. They expressed surprise that it wasn’t set off even earlier. That’s the most I got from them. Hope this helps to clear a few things up maybe! Getting anxious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account@Austin_Police
12m12 minutes ago
APD has cleared the suspicious package call @WholeFoods located on William Cannon. Please continue to call in suspicious packages/bags or anything that appears suspicious.

This person is operating in his/her awareness space and possibly the outskirts of.
Hwy #1 seems to be the commonality
The person has to be mobile and blending in, possibly a real estate agent, or landscaping etc that wouldn’t make their outdoor presence seem out of the ordinary.
JMO

** this one has photo of a UPS truck
Matt Dougherty
‏Verified account @MattKHOU
38m38 minutes ago
More
Workers return to Houston Permitting Center building after report of suspicious package; false alarm police say. It's one of multiple reports made today. #AustinBombs #htx #KHOU11 #package #Austin #texas #houston

KVUE News
‏Verified account @KVUE
1h1 hour ago
CLARIFICATION from @SATXPolice: Chief McManus misspoke earlier this morning. There was no secondary package found at the Schertz FedEx facility:

Thoughts so far on the bomber(s): (I'm going to frame it more as a single bomber, since I think that is most likely)

-Probably just one guy, but could be two. I don't think it's any more than that, although they may have some broader "affiliation".

-Probably white, late 20s to mid 30s. I would be surprised if he was younger than that, not so much if he was older.

-I don't think he lives in Austin, but rather somewhere in the suburban/rural areas south or southwest of the city, somewhere in at least relatively close proximity to I-35

-Might live on or have access to a large-ish rural property where he could detonate "practice" bombs without inviting scrutiny

-Not some kind of genius, but above-average intelligence and likely military background

-Has (or until recently had) a job in or very near Austin that required extensive local travel. Probably a trade of some kind--electrician, plumber, something like that. I kind of feel like he may be unemployed as of recently, but don't feel especially strongly about that

-I'm not sure about criminal history, but I'm thinking he has a short record that involves at least one domestic violence/dispute charge.

-I do think he has "anger issues", but also has the ability to bottle them up under most (but not all) circumstances--in other words, many people who know him would not think that he has a strong propensity for anger or violence

I’m going to jump off of your post in agreement and add that after reading comments on some of the articles posted by MSM, there seems to be a few who are angered at illegal aliens outbidding their line of work and causing legitimate businesses to go under.
These are just my thoughts and opinions!

A home:

FOX 7 Austin
‏Verified account@fox7austin
6m6 minutes ago
APD responds to 849 suspicious package calls http://dlvr.it/QLmRq6
https://twitter.com/fox7austin/status/976175736267534336

CBS Austin Retweeted

UT Austin Police
‏Verified account
@UTAustinPolice
6m6 minutes ago
More
Jester Academic is evacuating for a fire alarm. No sign of smoke at this time. AFD, FPS, and UTPD investigating.

UT Austin Police
‏Verified account @UTAustinPolice
10m10 minutes ago
More
Right now it is so important that you put your phone down while walking. Watch where you step. Take your earbuds out. Listen to what is happening around you. Remind your friends to do it, too. #BeAware, Longhorns, and #BeSafe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3