TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to jump off of your post in agreement and add that after reading comments on some of the articles posted by MSM, there seems to be a few who are angered at illegal aliens outbidding their line of work and causing legitimate businesses to go under.
These are just my thoughts and opinions!

This is a legitimate problem here.

My husband is a welder by trade. He has his own rig, his own business, etc. He charges around $75/hr. for most jobs, which is a pretty standard rate for using your own machines, etc. He can't find work because people are doing the same work for $15/hr. Sometimes less.

I also work for a moving company. I can't tell you how many times I've had customers call in wanting a quote. They then say that our rates are too high, and that they know someone who will do it for $25/hr.

Well, okay... but we're registered with the state, carry $1mill in insurance and have a 26 foot box truck. This guy doing it for $25 an hour has a 10 foot open trailer, no insurance, and is NOT registered with the state... so good luck.

We used to live nextdoor to a family of 12 (4 adults, 8 kids). They lived in a 3 bedroom house. One of the adults was a carpenter. Him and my husband would talk business often. My husband rebuilt a deck for around $600. He took the neighbor with him, offered to pay him $15 an hour to help. The guy went in, waited until my husband ran for materials, told the guy he'd do it for $250. My husband lost that job, was reimbursed for materials.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND, I have nothing against people trying to make a living, and I understand that not everyone is this way, but talk to ANY small business owner (myself included), and you will see that it is a REAL problem. If this is in fact race related, I might see how this reason alone could be a very good possibility as to why he's so angry.... but I guess we'll need to wait for that to come out.

attachment.php

Someone was blowing tannerite bombs off at this marked location on January 20th. It’s 6.8 miles away from the Sunset Valley fedex store, and 9 miles from the trip wire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...-south-austin/5oy7LdcFdMWuGdUDhFgzMP/amp.html

Attachments

• 25FC14C2-035D-45F7-BD55-526C407D36CB.jpg
    25FC14C2-035D-45F7-BD55-526C407D36CB.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 212
I hate that this has everyone on such high alert. I can't help but wonder if he's sitting somewhere watching all of this unfold and just so smitten with himself.

This is a legitimate problem here.

My husband is a welder by trade. He has his own rig, his own business, etc. He charges around $75/hr. for most jobs, which is a pretty standard rate for using your own machines, etc. He can't find work because people are doing the same work for $15/hr. Sometimes less.

I also work for a moving company. I can't tell you how many times I've had customers call in wanting a quote. They then say that our rates are too high, and that they know someone who will do it for $25/hr.

Well, okay... but we're registered with the state, carry $1mill in insurance and have a 26 foot box truck. This guy doing it for $25 an hour has a 10 foot open trailer, no insurance, and is NOT registered with the state... so good luck.

We used to live nextdoor to a family of 12 (4 adults, 8 kids). They lived in a 3 bedroom house. One of the adults was a carpenter. Him and my husband would talk business often. My husband rebuilt a deck for around $600. He took the neighbor with him, offered to pay him $15 an hour to help. The guy went in, waited until my husband ran for materials, told the guy he'd do it for $250. My husband lost that job, was reimbursed for materials.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND, I have nothing against people trying to make a living, and I understand that not everyone is this way, but talk to ANY small business owner (myself included), and you will see that it is a REAL problem. If this is in fact race related, I might see how this reason alone could be a very good possibility as to why he's so angry.... but I guess we'll need to wait for that to come out.

Small business owner here too!
Probably why the comments in MSM seemed to jump out at me.

attachment.php

Someone was blowing tannerite bombs off at this marked location on January 20th. It’s 6.8 miles away from the Sunset Valley fedex store, and 9 miles from the trip wire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...-south-austin/5oy7LdcFdMWuGdUDhFgzMP/amp.html

This is interesting to me because I saw Tannerite "targets" being sold at a major namebrand store that sold ammunition.

I read the instructions and wondered how loud a "boom" they would make. The package comes in bright orange packages and contains a plastic container of little white pellets.

The instructions said that in order to use the target it takes a projectile like a bullet to shoot into the stuff and then it goes BOOM.

But I wonder if someone could rig that stuff up to some other detenation device.

I could not believe this stuff was being sold as "targets" in regular stores. Someone could buy a bunch of them and make quite an explosion I would think.

On google maps, it appears that there is a Lowe’s very close to the fed ex store.

UT Austin Police
‏Verified account @UTAustinPolice
8m8 minutes ago
More
Jester Academic is clear for re-entry.

This is interesting to me because I saw Tannerite "targets" being sold at a major namebrand store that sold ammunition.

I read the instructions and wondered how loud a "boom" they would make. The package comes in bright orange packages and contains a plastic container of little white pellets.

The instructions said that in order to use the target it takes a projectile like a bullet to shoot into the stuff and then it goes BOOM.

But I wonder if someone could rig that stuff up to some other detonation device.

I could not believe this stuff was being sold as "targets" in regular stores. Someone could buy a bunch of them and make quite an explosion I would think.

I live in Beaumont, TX. A few months ago, there was a very loud explosion heard several cities away. It was a "gender reveal" party using tannerite targets. https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/...arty-explosions-shake-Mid-County-12622477.php

You can purchase them pretty easily.

I find it odd that after pulling off 4 bombs in a row executed to plan (I assume) and undetected that the same person would start feeling risky or relaxed to the point to use Fed Ex as a delivery agent and walk into their store thinking they will continue to go undetected. They also are losing control of the device itself by handing it over to a delivery agent not knowing what route and how much time it will take rendering it unpredictable and potentially ineffective. I don't get it.

I agree. It seems odd that he went this way now.

I send things by Fed Ex often. It seems to me that it would be a stupid place to send out a bomb. I think they have video cameras. They do require you to talk to the Fed Ex employee. And give a certain amount of information.

Obviously he could give false info. But even false info can lead to clues when the FBI has the chance to investigate.

I live in Beaumont, TX. A few months ago, there was a very loud explosion heard several cities away. It was a "gender reveal" party using tannerite targets. https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/...arty-explosions-shake-Mid-County-12622477.php

You can purchase them pretty easily.

Wow. This is so interesting.

I wonder if it is because it is relatively new that the laws have not caught up to prevent stores from selling tannerite targets such as these.

I have to admit I almost bought it myself to try it out because I have a shooting range nearby but got afraid to carry the stuff in my car.

My boyfriends sends things via FedEx pretty often. He pays/prints from home and then drops it off in a drop box. I have actually dropped packages off for him before in the FedEx office and I've never had to speak to the person. I just give them the box and walk out because it is already paid for.

If it is a group maybe claiming responsibility would put them at risk of being caught. Say if the Dallas Cowboys* claimed responsibility LE would know where to start looking and there would be a limited number of suspects.

*for an apolitical example

Historically, though, someone speaks up (anonymously or otherwise) because often the point is to make some sort of statement. Thinking of the 60s, 70s and 80s. Times change, though!

http://time.com/4501670/bombings-of-america-burrough/

BREAKING OVERNIGHT: A box reportedly filled with nails exploded at a FedEx distribution facility in Schertz, Texas, according to police. Police say they do not yet know if it is connected to the Austin bombings; FBI and ATF responding:*abcn.ws/2FV2j12*pic.twitter.com/oxyewXTaLj

6:05 AM - 20 Mar 2018

eta posted because it states nails which seems to be in each bomb so far

I would like to know who this package was addressed to? I agree, I think this guy is part of the patriot militia movement or an alt-right extremist.

Considering, this bomb was sent via Fed-Ex, I'm worried he is going to go extreme and try to blow up a Fed-Ex plane next. Yikes... I really hope the catch this evil person.

My kxan app just popped up a notification: "Heavy police presence at FedEx facility near Austin airport."

update: "There is a heavy police presence at the FedEx Ground facility in Austin. That facility is at 4117 McKinney Falls Parkway, near the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport."

What on Earth is going on???? I'm out of state at the moment and woke up to 3 more locations. The Brodie location is very close to my house as was the trip wire bomb....I shop there all the time. Don't be confused by the name Sunset Valley. It's a tiny town that with Austin's growth has really become just part of Austin. It's really just a shopping area these days with a small number of houses (not sure how many, but not many!). You'd for sure think you're just in Austin going there. That shopping center is on the way to the airport going south. The airport is about a 15 min drive from there. This is all so scary! My kids knew one of the guys who got hurt with the trip wire explosion. We've had to tell our youngest son (19) who loves to go on walks to stop for now! All I can think is I hope they catch this sicko before I return home. My mind wanders and I think oh great I'll be on an inbound flight to Austin. This world is sick these days. I don't understand the desire to hurt people :(

I found this article to be excellent:

Based on past bomber profiles, this suspect is likely a man, Burton said. The person also likely lives and works in Austin; has practiced making bombs or already had that skill; and spent time on reconnaissance before he set up the bombs. He also says it is possible the suspect has a military background.

"His targeting and his rationale is making perfect sense to him," Burton said. "It’s absolutely crazy for you and I and for your viewers, but there is a method to his madness as well as exactly why he’s chosen these specific venues."

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...ess-who-the-austin-bomber-could-be/1058820583

Just heard that there is a connection to that facility and “some” packages.

They are all going to ANOTHER Fed Ex place Now

http://www.kxan.com/live-stream

Just to clarify:
[FONT=&amp]"ATF spokesperson says a sign was involved in the tripwire, but it was NOT a "for sale" sign like neighbors have said"
[/FONT]
http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/two-men-injured-in-explosion-in-southwest-austin/1056692545?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KXAN_News

I am encouraged by the Fedex facility bombs. If he actually dropped this off at Fedex office, and per the congressman quote, I think they have a decent look at him, so a big plus. And if the unexploded bomb is disabled and analyzed, that could tell them a lot about the bomber, exact type of materials, nails etc and possibly find surveillance at retail of similar purchases etc (hopefully with electronic records etc.). I think things are looking up here.

I didn’t read through this whole thread, but does anyone know if the police have investigated the person that was detonating tannerite bombs January 20th? It was only 6.8 miles away from the fedex store in Sunset Valley that they’re saying a bomb was mailed from.

My mom was staying at my aunt's house when the bomb in Southwest austin went off. I didn't realize she was so close but they were about a mile and a half away from that explosion. She said she got one of those alerts on her phone like an amber alert saying to stay in her home till 10 am. I was like Mom how could you not telllll me? She has no fear.

Momies don't want their kiddos worrying about them. That's our job. To worry about our kiddos.

Wow. This is so interesting.

I wonder if it is because it is relatively new that the laws have not caught up to prevent stores from selling tannerite targets such as these.

I have to admit I almost bought it myself to try it out because I have a shooting range nearby but got afraid to carry the stuff in my car.

They are completely legal and will remain legal, at least for now. I didn't know what Tannerite was so I looked it up. ATF doesn't consider it an explosive because you have to mix two components together (both come in the package). ATF also doesn't consider it as an explosive because in order to detonate it you need to strike it with a high-velocity bullet, nothing else will make it go boom except for something striking it at high velocity, you can whack it with a hammer and it won't go off. Interestingly there was a bomb in NYC a couple of years ago that was made out of tannerite, the bomber rigged a primary charge that would concuss the tannerite which would cause it to blow.

My boyfriends sends things via FedEx pretty often. He pays/prints from home and then drops it off in a drop box. I have actually dropped packages off for him before in the FedEx office and I've never had to speak to the person. I just give them the box and walk out because it is already paid for.

Right. But I am pretty sure your bf had to give them certain private info in order to set up that account. he would have given them an email addie and a credit card, at the very least?

Right. But I am pretty sure your bf had to give them certain private info in order to set up that account. he would have given them an email addie and a credit card, at the very least?

You could probably easily use a prepaid credit card and I can make up whatever e-mail address I would like from gmail at any time.

Correct, if nothing else it is a lead that directly connects with the packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3