TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty scary. I live in Austin also. There was a report on statesman.com saying that there may have been a trip wire. If that is true, this person might be changing his technique because of all the local coverage. Does anyone here have any experience with geographic profiling?

This is pretty scary. I live in Austin also. There was a report on statesman.com saying that there may have been a trip wire. If that is true, this person might be changing his technique because of all the local coverage. Does anyone here have any experience with geographic profiling?

I noticed that the bombings moved South then West. Moving forward or toward something.

KXAN News Retweeted

Alyssa Goard
‏

@AlyssaMGoard
34m34 minutes ago
@chief_manley urging people who live near tonight’s explosion in Austin near Southwest Parkway to stay in their homes & to report any suspicious activity they saw here. The investigation will be ongoing overnight @KXAN_News

rs/bbm

UPDATE: Two injured in Southwest Austin explosion in good condition

https://www.statesman.com/news/upda...losion-good-condition/iKM0UCqA9MCucbvdlO7cfK/

11:15 p.m. update: The two males injured in an explosion in Southwest Austin on Sunday evening are in good condition, officials from St. David’s South Austin Medical Center reported.

In addition, nearby Regents High School is on a two hour delay Monday morning for a security sweep.

11 p.m. update: Interim Police Chief Brian Manley said police are checking a suspicious backpack near the scene of an explosion Sunday night in Southwest Austin and are advising neighborhood residents that the area will be closed off.

(snip)

Some had heard from friends who lived in the area that the explosion was the result of a trip wire, but police would not confirm any details in the blast on Sunday night.

[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/ArezowDoost/status/975587790573506560

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
KXAN News Retweeted
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Arezow Doost‏ @ArezowDoost 11m11 minutes agoMore

Buses staging near neighborhood explosion in southwest Austin. @KXAN_News

cache.php

I wonder why?

[/FONT]

Scary anytime, but it is 11:30 pm makes it even more scary. I am not sure if kids there are on spring break there this week but something else to be concerned.

Just in the neighborhood is being evacuated

Destiny Chance
‏@DestinyonFOX7
1h1 hour ago
UPDATE- We’ve just been told by APD the neighborhood of Travis Country is being evacuated right now. This - after 2 male victims have been taken to the hospital after an explosion in Austin. #austin #atx @fox7austin

Scary anytime, but it is 11:30 pm makes it even more scary. I am not sure if kids there are on spring break there this week but something else to be concerned.

Just in the neighborhood is being evacuated

Wow. Thought that was the deal after seeing the buses stage. Local news reported a two hour delay for one local school. But, that was before the evacuation.

moo
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
ETA: [FONT=&amp]Regents School of Austin, located less than 2 miles away from southwest Austin explosion site, will have a 2-hour delayed start Monday:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.c[/FONT][FONT=&amp]'Extreme alert' goes to large swath of Austin after 4th explosion[/FONT][FONT=&amp]http://bit.ly/2IAIz4G
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
cache.php

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

There's some movement in the basement. Posted links there.

Oh gosh this is far too close to my house. I hope the reward gets someone talking....it's all so terrifying.

To all the Texas/Austin peeps visiting this thread, thank you for checking in. Glad so many people are OK. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member