TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police in the Southwest Austin suburb of Sunset Valley think that a package that exploded early Tuesday at a FedEx sorting facility in Schertz may have been shipped from their local FedEx Office store.

https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...ility-authorities-say/CVO2PqvqF9qN8tAQgdw4GK/

The FedEx store in Sunset Valley – an independent municipality surrounded by the city of Austin – is just two miles from where a bomb exploded in a residential subdivision Sunday night, injuring two men.

Sunset Valley Police Chief Lenn Carter said the store has no drop-off point, so whoever "delivered (the package) had to have come inside the store."

Have you ridden capmetro? I haven't in the last 5 years or so but it used to take me 2 and a half hours to get anywhere decent - it was a pain in the *advertiser censored* and involved long transfers.
I used to ride it from highland mall (where I worked) to UT campus and back... Sheesh 20 years ago.

Students ride buses. I still think it could be a UT student.

what i want to know were they both dropped off at the same time??

and remain hung up on if so they had to be going to different places there is no reason from same point of origin to same destination for one to end up at ground facility and another to be at aviation distribution

then I happily think your busted dude or madam the drop off was in a mall apparently a busy one there are CCTV everywhere

and that takes me to not thinking clearly someone thinking clearly would not risk going to fed ex drop off in a mall without being concerned about CCTV

Just to clarify:
[FONT=&amp]"ATF spokesperson says a sign was involved in the tripwire, but it was NOT a "for sale" sign like neighbors have said"
[/FONT]
http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/two-men-injured-in-explosion-in-southwest-austin/1056692545?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KXAN_News

Police in the Southwest Austin suburb of Sunset Valley think that a package that exploded early Tuesday at a FedEx sorting facility in Schertz may have been shipped from their local FedEx Office store.

https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...ility-authorities-say/CVO2PqvqF9qN8tAQgdw4GK/

The FedEx store in Sunset Valley – an independent municipality surrounded by the city of Austin – is just two miles from where a bomb exploded in a residential subdivision Sunday night, injuring two men.

Sunset Valley Police Chief Lenn Carter said the store has no drop-off point, so whoever "delivered (the package) had to have come inside the store."

Guessing that LE has some video now. Wondering if they will show the public.

I agree with you that Texas seems like a strange place to make a statement about guns but think about Austin, the most liberal city in the state. Back when Abbott signed that campus carry law students at UT fought back by openly carrying around sex toys since those are illegal to openly display but guns are ok. If I were gonna make a statement about gun restrictions and I lived in the area Austin would be my first pick simply because of how liberal it is.

Yes. Austin is the most liberal city in the entire state, and because of this, if this IS in fact a gun thing, I can see why he would target Austin. But good golly.

Obvious first question...maybe a FedEx employee, past or present?

These events remind me of our NOCO serial shooter (o/t, which there has finally been arrest btw, and the guy is a scaaaaaary nutjob)

starting to go there he is getting risky

local reporter said heard a boom not confirming

I am encouraged by the Fedex facility bombs. If he actually dropped this off at Fedex office, and per the congressman quote, I think they have a decent look at him, so a big plus. And if the unexploded bomb is disabled and analyzed, that could tell them a lot about the bomber, exact type of materials, nails etc and possibly find surveillance at retail of similar purchases etc (hopefully with electronic records etc.). I think things are looking up here.

Actually, my county usually votes more liberally than Travis County where Austin is. But I also live in a bigger city. No one here thinks of Austin as a sanctuary city. I don't even hear that term being used here. I think people on TV are the ones saying that.

Gotta agree with you. Austin is definitely not a sanctuary city. In fact, I think MOST are against Austin being a sanctuary city.

ABIA is name of new location they are going to now

local

Guessing that LE has some video now. Wondering if they will show the public.

I have a feeling we will here of an arrest before that. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that today.

I can tell you for a fact that even though of us in the hill country outside San Antonio and in San Antonio itself are frightened by what is occurring. Hopefully they've found this person on video by now and are just trying to locate them. Gosh, this madness needs to S T O P

My mom was staying at my aunt's house when the bomb in Southwest austin went off. I didn't realize she was so close but they were about a mile and a half away from that explosion. She said she got one of those alerts on her phone like an amber alert saying to stay in her home till 10 am. I was like Mom how could you not telllll me? She has no fear.

From an earlier article w/ video, the LE rep. said he's predicting the next bomb will be N or NW of last location, based
on the pattern he's used on other locations.
He also mentioned the ease which perp was able to travel to these locations initially.
Makes me wonder if it's a local service delivery person. Postal worker, Fed Ex, UPS ??

Thoughts so far on the bomber(s): (I'm going to frame it more as a single bomber, since I think that is most likely)

-Probably just one guy, but could be two. I don't think it's any more than that, although they may have some broader "affiliation".

-Probably white, late 20s to mid 30s. I would be surprised if he was younger than that, not so much if he was older.

-I don't think he lives in Austin, but rather somewhere in the suburban/rural areas south or southwest of the city, somewhere in at least relatively close proximity to I-35

-Might live on or have access to a large-ish rural property where he could detonate "practice" bombs without inviting scrutiny

-Not some kind of genius, but above-average intelligence and likely military background

-Has (or until recently had) a job in or very near Austin that required extensive local travel. Probably a trade of some kind--electrician, plumber, something like that. I kind of feel like he may be unemployed as of recently, but don't feel especially strongly about that

-I'm not sure about criminal history, but I'm thinking he has a short record that involves at least one domestic violence/dispute charge.

-I do think he has "anger issues", but also has the ability to bottle them up under most (but not all) circumstances--in other words, many people who know him would not think that he has a strong propensity for anger or violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw