TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if that’s the case, why is it okay for people to say with certainty that she complained about the noise earlier, so she went to kill him because he was too loud? There’s no evidence that’s been shown to us so far that she was the one who complained

Besides the fact that multiple witnesses heard her knocking on the door. But i'd say, I follow a source on twitter, that has his thoughts on what happened. Why should we listen to what his theory is? Well, because he's close to one of his (jeans) lawyers on the case and when I say close, I mean Frat Brother close. So I can't post what exactly he said because I'm sure we aren't allow to post twitter sources but I'd say the idea of the noise complaint could very well be true, IMO.

. If she intentionally went to Botham's apartment (as I believe) she is a murderer.

IIRC, not only did he have a bright red rug, she had no rug. Stepping on the rug would be another opportunity for her to turn around and go home. One of many. If she didn't know where she was...

moo
SBM
Not only did she step on the rug, she put things down to fiddle with her keys. When I put down my bags and flak jacket, I am looking downward.

So apparently if she didn’t make the complaint, the dog picked up the phone, used it’s paw to dial, and called the manager to bark complaints of noise. GOTCHA

GOTCHA?

If it was your conclusion that the dog used the phone, that's on you, not me.

You asked if she lived alone. I answered your question as to what's been reported.

Being rude when someone takes the time to answer your questions is a good way not to get answers to your questions.

Yep. So much of her story doesn't pass the common sense smell test.

imho

I wonder how the jury will take her not rendering aid. I'm sure she did some but we know for sure, there was few moments where she did not, due to the video. Why on earth would you leave to go in the hall way after you just shot someone? And not, stay with the victim?

I wonder how the jury will take her not rendering aid. I'm sure she did some but we know for sure, there was few moments where she did not, due to the video. Why on earth would you leave to go in the hall way after you just shot someone? And not, stay with the victim?
To makes some calls to find out the best way to get herself out of this.

So apparently if she didn’t make the complaint, the dog picked up the phone, used it’s paw to dial, and called the manager to bark complaints of noise. GOTCHA
I am unsure if you are meaning to be rude to the poster who answered your question. I feel like this thread is an important one. I get very frustrated when things devolve and the conversation gets shut off. If you are having an issue with posts, our mods encourage members to scroll and roll or put people on ignore.

Wouldn't her DOG come running to the door, too? I'm not a dog owner but it seems like a dog left alone for twelve or fifteen hours (take your pick from another changing detail) would be eager to see its master.

Just one more detail that makes Amber's story far less plausible.

BBM if you say it more than once , its a reoccurring theme + other SM was deleted so how do we know that
A fair point. But, advocating that an officer be fired based on what he or she might have posted is not good policy.

If other social media exists where the officer repeatedly presents herself pre-disposed to shoot people, or takes extremist left wing or right political positions that call into question inherent fairness, I think it should be used to support enhanced charges.

The fact that the officer say, does not support President Obama, does not like Trump, supports other officers killed in the line of duty, or criticizes / supports a social movement should not enter into the equation. Trying to put it into the equation may even backfire with a jury.

Last edited:

She should have rendered aid but I'm not at all sure she did.

Excellent question - why was she outside??? Surely her phone would have worked inside and she could have at least applied pressure.

moo

Last edited:
Wouldn't her DOG come running to the door, too? I'm not a dog owner but it seems like a dog left alone for twelve or fifteen hours (take your pick from another changing detail) would be eager to see its master.

I more concerned with the fact that she placed her bowl of cereal that morning in the same exact spot as her victim did and how convenient it was that they had the same exact furniture lol

I have a question for the people who are defending her based on the statement that she thought it was her apartment and that it somehow affords her the same rights as if it was her apartment (Castle Doctrine).

What if it were the other way around, what if she were in her own apartment minding her own business and Mr Jean had came home from a long shift at work, went into the wrong apartment (her apartment) and shot her? Would you be saying that it was his castle because he thought it was and he had the right to defend it?
Be honest with yourself.

We have a dog, and a cat. When I come home, especially late, they are right there, both of them. Although, how can her dog go that long? Unless she came home earlier, for lunch.

We just don't have enough information.

I would like to see a time line of her entire day, where she went, what time, what she did, who she spoke to, phone calls made. The fact that so much is speculation, makes me think that they want to keep this information sealed, because it probably looks really bad.

She should have rendered aid but I'm not at all sure she did. Excellent question - why was she outside??? Surely her phone would have worked inside and she could have at least applied pressure.

moo

Oh I have the answer !!!!! AG said that she walked outside to get the number of her** apartment outside in the hallway (Why the hell, she doesn't know it, is beyond me) and it was at that very moment, she notice she was in the wrong apartment.

We have a dog, and a cat. When I come home, especially late, they are right there, both of them. Although, how can her dog go that long? Unless she came home earlier, for lunch.

We just don't have enough information.

I would like to see a time line of her entire day, where she went, what time, what she did, who she spoke to, phone calls made. The fact that so much is speculation, makes me think that they want to keep this information sealed, because it probably looks really bad.

Yeah, we don't even know how long she worked that day, for all we know - she might have been home all day. I am not trusting DPD or her with that information because frankly, its been messy and she's not sure what story she's going with as many times as she's changed it up.

I have a question for the people who are defending her based on the statement that she thought it was her apartment and that it somehow affords her the same rights as if it was her apartment (Castle Doctrine).

What if it were the other way around, what if she were in her own apartment minding her own business and Mr Jean had came home from a long shift at work, went into the wrong apartment (her apartment) and shot her? Would you be saying that it was his castle because he thought it was and he had the right to defend it?
Be honest with yourself.

My answer would absolutely be the same. It wouldn’t change just because the roles are reversed.

My answer would absolutely be the same. It wouldn’t change just because the roles are reversed.
Katerz, interested in your POV on the bright red carpet in front of Mr. Jean's apartment.
How on earth could she miss that? She had to *step* on it to get in his place. It's bright red!
Thoughts?

GOTCHA?

If it was your conclusion that the dog used the phone, that's on you, not me.

You asked if she lived alone. I answered your question as to what's been reported.

Being rude when someone takes the time to answer your questions is a good way not to get answers to your questions.
I wasn’t being “rude”. I’m just trying to point out that people keep saying she made the complaint that morning, but she would have been at work between 6-6:30 am and 9-9:30 am, depending on the amount of hours someone believes she worked. If she worked a 15 hour day she would have been at work early that morning, so who would’ve made the complaint if she wasn’t there? You stated she had a dog. If she wasn’t there, that leaves one living creature in that apartment. The dog.

Exactly. The only facts we need is that he is dead, she shot him, and she was trespassing in his home. Period. Automatically guilty. It may have been an accident and if it was then that's unfortunate because if you were that tired, you should not of agreed to work overtime... .

Well said. Any analysis needs to be limited to those points. The victim's life is worth more than a "oops, sorry" not matter how heartfelt.

The only mitigating circumstances towards sentence, not a verdict that I could see would be a fact pattern of "somebody switched the numbers, door mat etc, the elevator was not working etc. So far, there has been nothing presented to think that any of this applies.

Likewise, aggravating factors in charges could be direct evidence that the officer held extremist views that call into question fairness or was looking for pretenses to shoot somebody. Simply not liking Obama or supporting fallen officers does not rise to that level.

Interesting point. I want to know if she opened her apartment prior to going to his. Then of course, her story wouldn't hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm