TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katerz, interested in your POV on the bright red carpet in front of Mr. Jean's apartment.
How on earth could she miss that? She had to *step* on it to get in his place. It's bright red!
Thoughts?

It would depend on how disoriented she was. Like I stated in my original post, one night I got home at almost 11 pm after working 12 hours.. went to the wrong apartment. Even put my key in and turned it but the door didn’t unlock. I was so exhausted that I didn’t even notice the potted plants that were beside the door. I don’t have plants. I had tunnel vision because I was drained. So I can understand how she may not have noticed it. There are so many conflicting reports of what happened.

Katerz, interested in your POV on the bright red carpet in front of Mr. Jean's apartment.
How on earth could she miss that? She had to *step* on it to get in his place. It's bright red!
Thoughts?

Maybe she can't see the color red. Hence, why she didn't see the Big RED door matt or the RED light when she kept trying to put her keys in the door to say this is not your crib lol :)

Oh I have the answer !!!!! AG said that she walked outside to get the number of her** apartment outside in the hallway (Why the hell, she doesn't know it, is beyond me) and it was at that very moment, she notice she was in the wrong apartment.
Yes, well I don't think that makes sense at all.
Red carpet anyone? Bright red carpet.

It would depend on how disoriented she was. Like I stated in my original post, one night I got home at almost 11 pm after working 12 hours.. went to the wrong apartment. Even put my key in and turned it but the door didn’t unlock. I was so exhausted that I didn’t even notice the potted plants that were beside the door. I don’t have plants. I had tunnel vision because I was drained. So I can understand how she may not have noticed it. There are so many conflicting reports of what happened.
I'm going to disagree with you on this point, but I do suppose this varies from individual to individual. I routinely work 15-16 hour days at least a couple times a week. Not fun, but goes with the territory. And no, there aren't any down hours. I never lose my sense of reality or direction, even when in different towns. When I first read this thread, my immediate response was skepticism, but because she is an Officer, I *really* tried to believe it. (I am a staunch supporter of The Blue). But the red carpet. Simply can't get past that - it's SO bright. I simply can't believe her version of events.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

I'm going to disagree with you on this point, but I do suppose this varies from individual to individual. I routinely work 15-16 hour days at least a couple times a week. Not fun, but goes with the territory. And no, there aren't any down hours. I never lose my sense of reality or direction, even when in different towns. When I first read this thread, my immediate response was skepticism, but because she is an Officer, I *really* tried to believe it. (I am a staunch supporter of The Blue). But the red carpet. Simply can't get past that - it's SO bright. I simply can't believe her version of events.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

And that’s absolutely your opinion and I respect that. I don’t have an issue what you post.. it’s others that seem to have the “if you don’t agree with my posts, and opinion and version of what happened, you are to be banished.” Everyone can look at the same facts of a case (which we don’t have yet), and everyone will see something different. And that’s okay. But it’s when people make you feel that your opinion is wrong and there’s no other way around it, that’s when I get upset. I just don’t think it’s fair that she’s been called some vicious names when the case hasn’t absolutely without a doubt been proven.

Meritt and/or part of his entourage were certain enough about the noise complaints to go on TV and state it as fact while standing at the apartment complex, pretty sure that is where they were being interviewed. 'Just this (or that) morning she had called in a noise complaint against him,' were the crux of the words I heard them say

Besides the fact that multiple witnesses heard her knocking on the door. But i'd say, I follow a source on twitter, that has his thoughts on what happened. Why should we listen to what his theory is? Well, because he's close to one of his (jeans) lawyers on the case and when I say close, I mean Frat Brother close. So I can't post what exactly he said because I'm sure we aren't allow to post twitter sources but I'd say the idea of the noise complaint could very well be true, IMO.

Remind Me Again Why Dallas Has Separate Police Unions Divided by Race

Working for this group I'd think they'd all be very wise of those public servants to never be near any hints of racism or gestapo 'fear me' memes, publicly. Nothing lightly scented or colored with it.

A fair point. But, advocating that an officer be fired based on what he or she might have posted is not good policy.

If other social media exists where the officer repeatedly presents herself pre-disposed to shoot people, or takes extremist left wing or right political positions that call into question inherent fairness, I think it should be used to support enhanced charges.

The fact that the officer say, does not support President Obama, does not like Trump, supports other officers killed in the line of duty, or criticizes / supports a social movement should not enter into the equation. Trying to put it into the equation may even backfire with a jury.

Meritt and/or part of his entourage were certain enough about the noise complaints to go on TV and state it as fact while standing at the apartment complex, pretty sure that is where they were being interviewed. 'Just this (or that) morning she had called in a noise complaint against him,' were the crux of the words I heard them say

I wonder if she called it in while at work. As in, heard him in the morning but called the office a couple of hours later?

I'm going to scream if this shooting turns out to be because she was angry about noise.

She may have reasonably believed her stoner dog may have just smoked a big fatty?

Wouldn't her DOG come running to the door, too? I'm not a dog owner but it seems like a dog left alone for twelve or fifteen hours (take your pick from another changing detail) would be eager to see its master.

Just one more detail that makes Amber's story far less plausible.

DPD would have executed him and it's unlikely he would have ever been cuffed.

I have a question for the people who are defending her based on the statement that she thought it was her apartment and that it somehow affords her the same rights as if it was her apartment (Castle Doctrine).

What if it were the other way around, what if she were in her own apartment minding her own business and Mr Jean had came home from a long shift at work, went into the wrong apartment (her apartment) and shot her? Would you be saying that it was his castle because he thought it was and he had the right to defend it?
Be honest with yourself.

She totally could've called in a noise complaint from work - in between "serving warrants". Or is it a rule no cell phones (or use of station phones for personal calls) while on duty? She would've had to wait for the leasing office to be open and staffed so it wouldn't have been before she left for her shift.

A "serious" noise complaint wouldn't just be a voicemail - I've always talked to a human face to face in the leasing office when there was someone stomping directly above our apartment (and their toddler was playing nonstop with the doorstop spring right above our heads) at all hours of the day and night.

As much as I wanted to pound on the ceiling with a broom to give them a taste of what we were feeling, I never did. And I can't imagine going to their door to confront them about it, armed or not.

I read a web article today that said the door locks from both apartments are being examined for activity - that will / should show whether Amber Guyger went to her own apartment before going to Botham Jean's apartment. And I too would LOVE to hear the 911 call.

delete

The point is, she is FREE to chime in and and discuss this if she hasn't already several times. Mr. Jean (RIP), whose story I bet would be very different from hers, certainly cannot give his accounting, EVER.

And that’s absolutely your opinion and I respect that. I don’t have an issue what you post.. it’s others that seem to have the “if you don’t agree with my posts, and opinion and version of what happened, you are to be banished.” Everyone can look at the same facts of a case (which we don’t have yet), and everyone will see something different. And that’s okay. But it’s when people make you feel that your opinion is wrong and there’s no other way around it, that’s when I get upset. I just don’t think it’s fair that she’s been called some vicious names when the case hasn’t absolutely without a doubt been proven.

Last edited:
This is such a great post because it illustrates how much we care about this case for one reason or another. It also points out that it hurts to have others respond to our posts harshly, when we are just stating what we truly feel or believe. Thank you Katerz, great post.

Maybe she can't see the color red. Hence, why she didn't see the Big RED door matt or the RED light when she kept trying to put her keys in the door to say this is not your crib lol :)
She could be color blind, but it's still a rug and she didn't have one and who tries to put a key in an open or ajar door?

Was the carpet laid outside the door the night of the incident? The only photos of it have been long after when it became a memorial. If it was important, shouldn't it have been taken into evidence?
Yes SandyQLS, great point. I do not know the answer to this.

There red rug was there when he was shot and killed.

The family says Botham placed a red carpet in front of his door to distinguish his apartment from others.

"He made sure to let everyone know this is mine – it's my red carpet," Allisa said.

Botham Jean's family says he did not know or have a relationship with Officer Amber Guyger

ETA: It should have been taken into evidence and wasn't for at least some time. Maybe it has been now; it is not visible in the more recent photos. moo

ETA:
Next-door neighbor Alyssa Kinsey said Jean's unit looked the same as everyone else's from the outside but did have a red half-moon-shaped rug outside the front door.

Dallas officer faces manslaughter charge for shooting man in apartment she thought was hers, police chief says | Crime | Dallas News

Last edited:
Highly unlikely for a woman to be colorblind. But hey, every detail about this killing is so very highly unlikely so let's brace ourselves for possibility of her being that one in several million.

Which still doesn't excuse not seeing the rug, or the bright illuminated room numbers all indicating NOT THE 3rd FLOOR OR HER APARTMENT NUMBER OF 1378, or calling for back up, and so on and so on and so on...

She could be colored blind, but it's still a rug and she didn't have one and who tries to put a key in an open or ajar door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt