TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Remind Me Again Why Dallas Has Separate Police Unions Divided by Race

Working for this group I'd think they'd all be very wise of those public servants to never be near any hints of racism or gestapo 'fear me' memes, publicly. Nothing lightly scented or colored with it.

Fair enough. I get it. Listen, I'm not the biggest fan of 45 right now, so I get what you are saying. However, I'm not understand why she is allowed to keep her job when she admitted to shooting him because of her being in the wrong apartment. Listen, I understand if there is an investigation that needs to go on but they've already established that he did not have a gun and was not a threat to her. Yet, she used her service weapon to shoot him. I really do understand why most of the time, they are on leave pending investigation but after being after 2 shootings, I'd think its best to let her go. For the public safety and for hers. It just seems to unfair to me that someone who has already admitted to committing a crime is getting paid by taxpayers money to sit at home. I am just saying this in general and not towards you. My question is why? can someone answer that for me?

A search warrant obtained Sept. 11 granted the district attorney's office permission to pull any data stored inside the locks. Law enforcement also obtained reports about access to locks in both apartments and to the elevators. The contents have not been made public.

The report should show whether Guyger unlocked her own door before going to Jean's apartment. It would also show whether she placed her key in Jean's door.

It's unclear whether the data would show whether Jean unlocked the door from the inside around the time of the shooting.

If data stored inside the locks does show Jean's door was locked, it would support statements by Jean's family's attorneys who say witnesses heard someone banging on Jean's door shouting, "Let me in!"

Alternatively, the data could show the door was unlocked and ajar, as Guyger told police.

An electronic lock that resembles the ones at South Side Flats stores data on 200 entries, according to a description of the lock by the Swiss company Dormakaba. That lock, like the ones for Guyger's and Jean's apartment, is accessed with an RFID key —a key that uses radio-frequency identification.

Inserting the key into a hole above the handle unlocks or locks the deadbolt. The data stored inside, according to Dormakaba's website, includes the time and date the lock was accessed. It also stores the identification number or user name of the person whose key was used.

So, the locks could reveal when Guyger and Jean's doors were last locked and unlocked. The data could also show when Jean accessed his apartment last with the key.

The company did not respond to a request for comment about what additional information, if any, the locks could contain.
Could data from electronic door locks deliver a break in Dallas police shooting case?

Highly unlikely for a woman to be colorblind. But hey, every detail about this killing is so very highly unlikely so let's brace ourselves for possibility of her being that one in several million.

Which still doesn't excuse not seeing the rug, or the bright illuminated room numbers all indicating NOT THE 3rd FLOOR OR HER APARTMENT NUMBER OF 1378, or calling for back up, and so on and so on and so on...
I was totally kidding guys. lol

She could be color blind, but it's still a rug and she didn't have one and who tries to put a key in an open or ajar door?
Right? Any rug is a rug. Also. Number of women of Northern European descent who are red/green (most common)
colorblind: one half of one percent.

In some states it means you can’t be a cop.

Was the carpet laid outside the door the night of the incident? The only photos of it have been long after when it became a memorial. If it was important, shouldn't it have been taken into evidence?[/QUOT
Right? Any rug is a rug. Also. Number of women of Northern European descent who are red/green (most common)
colorblind: one half of one percent.

In some states it means you can’t be a cop.
i didn't know being colorblind was unique to males but now that I know this I do realize that the only people I've know that are colorblind are males. In Texas you can be a colorblind cop.

I have a question for the people who are defending her based on the statement that she thought it was her apartment and that it somehow affords her the same rights as if it was her apartment (Castle Doctrine).

What if it were the other way around, what if she were in her own apartment minding her own business and Mr Jean had came home from a long shift at work, went into the wrong apartment (her apartment) and shot her? Would you be saying that it was his castle because he thought it was and he had the right to defend it?
Be honest with yourself.

Working for this group I'd think they'd all be very wise of those public servants to never be near any hints of racism or gestapo 'fear me' memes, publicly. Nothing lightly scented or colored with it.

I agree, and I would also add "Red Guards" to the list (right after Gestapo).

That aside, not every police officer si going to suppress their political views and "extremism" can be very broadly defined. So can racism. In short, I think it is best to limit discipline for social media to only the most blatant and clear cut cases.

Not doing so can lead t a "witch hunt"mentality and tit for tat- gotcha's. For example:

One officer for vaguely defined "racist views". Another officer supports some gun control and also wants to end tax exemption for churches that won't let gays teach in private schools (suppress other's first and second amendment freedoms?).

Obviously, its, termination time.... .

I have a question for the people who are defending her based on the statement that she thought it was her apartment and that it somehow affords her the same rights as if it was her apartment (Castle Doctrine).

What if it were the other way around, what if she were in her own apartment minding her own business and Mr Jean had came home from a long shift at work, went into the wrong apartment (her apartment) and shot her? Would you be saying that it was his castle because he thought it was and he had the right to defend it?
Be honest with yourself.
JMO but very few people would believe someone unknowingly murdered a police officer no matter the weird circumstances. So I think people defending her (some, not all) would still have their feet firmly planted pro-LE.

I mean wouldn’t we all be asking ourselves how could he have not known she was a cop?

Has the 911 call been released and at this link? I got a HUGE 404 file not found error on 3 separate browsers.

Dangit! I wanna hear it! If anyone has can you type a summary of it?

I was able to access the article, now I'm getting the 404 error also.

I did not see anything to indicate the 911 call(s) have been released.

ETA: It is working now.

ETA: Sounds like it could have been written by her defense team...imho.

After seeing the Pintrest, I'm having a hard time forgetting the picture of her family together with her sleeved up brother in law flashing some hand signals most regular people simply don't go around doing. Her mother? wearing the "All Lives Matter" T-shirt, while I agree with those words because all lives do matter and equally, that is a swipe at another social movement.

Cops would do well to distance themselves publicly from such things that appear questionable and poor optically.

I want to see the rest of her public social media, too bad she was released and able to delete it.

I agree, and I would also add "Red Guards" to the list (right after Gestapo).

That aside, not every police officer si going to suppress their political views and "extremism" can be very broadly defined. So can racism. In short, I think it is best to limit discipline for social media to only the most blatant and clear cut cases.

Not doing so can lead t a "witch hunt"mentality and tit for tat- gotcha's. For example:

One officer for vaguely defined "racist views". Another officer supports some gun control and also wants to end tax exemption for churches that won't let gays teach in private schools (suppress other's first and second amendment freedoms?).

Obviously, its, termination time.... .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members