TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon now TJ! We all are waiting for you to change to no less than 20 versions of this story. Just tell us where the bodies are buried! ;-)

Many times throughout my career was forced to do mandatory 16 hour shifts with a 45 minute drive, a longer drive in the winter when the roads were bad. Many of my co-workers traveled farther.
I did that and so did my co-workers. We never went to the wrong damn house and we never killed anyone.

Curious, do you have any thoughts on that message?
In my experience with Administrative Law regarding medical licensure supervision and disciplinary actions - The Board as the complainant issues mandatory show of respondent to attend such Board meeting. The respondent was allowed an attorney and witnesses to alleged violations, if so requested. Board Members were advised of circumstances and viewing of written allegations of complaint and investigative reports. Each Board member had opportunities to ask questions of respondent. Board Members would then go into private discussion with our attorney. Each member would then publicly vote as to yes/no if violations were egregious enough to warrant disciplinary actions, probation or suspension. All Board Meetings were open to the Public.

In criminal cases, investigative information was shared with the State Bureau of Investigations, DEA, and the State Bureau of Narcotics for further criminal action. It was a collaborative effort. The Board was never involved in criminal proceedings once the investigative reports were passed on.

This whole conundrum a a whole different animal.

Many times throughout my career was forced to do mandatory 16 hour shifts with a 45 minute drive, a longer drive in the winter when the roads were bad. Many of my co-workers traveled farther.
I did that and so did my co-workers. We never went to the wrong damn house and we never killed anyone.

My son works 4 or 5 days of 12-hour shifts, nights, then gets 2 or 3 days off; repeats the same schedule. He's 47 now and has done this for 10 years. He never went home to the wrong house. A lot of people work 12 hours. No excuse.

How far did she actually enter into his apartment before shooting, and did she turn on a light? If she stepped into it without being invited then she was illegally in his home. If she turned on a light, she should see that her things were not there, and likely she could tell without a lamp since the TV and laptop appear to have been powered on. A man in his underwear? WTH. I just flat out do not understand this one.

Meantime, his grieving mother, Allison Jean, is back in front of media demanding answers and accountability. "Justice for me looks like 1. that Amber receives a murder charge, because she murdered my son," Jean said.

The victim’s mother believes suspect Guyger has been receiving preferential treatment since investigators stepped in. Jean explained, "The question I keep asking is, what if she wasn’t a police officer? I just want us to put that aside. And just say that one of the other neighbors made all these mistakes that lead to a murder, I want her to be treated just like that person.”

"I have to accuse the police department of smearing my son’s name,” Jean explained, “It appears that Amber Guyger was out of her mind, for her to make so many mistakes.”

"I’m really appreciative of their efforts,” Allison Jean said. “I’m really grateful to the nine in Dallas who had to stay in jail. Imagine they stayed in jail longer than Amber. I’m sorry they had to go through it, but I’m really looking forward to heightened protest action to really cause the sensitivity that is required of the officials in Dallas to do what is necessary to see that justice is served for my son.”
Botham Jean's family prepares for final funeral service in St. Lucia

Did MSM ever mention the results of Guyger's toxicology report?

She still needs to be charged with breaking and entering Jean's apartment, charged with shooting him, her badge turned in, make it impossible for her to enter LE in TX or any other state ever again.

“Nearly two weeks after their son was shot and killed by a Dallas police officer, the parents of Botham Jean sat down with PIX11 News Thursday to talk about the son they lost and their lingering questions regarding the investigation.

“I’ve been devastated. I am devastated,” said Jean’s father Bertrum Jean.” Video
Parents mourning son killed in his own Dallas apartment by police officer

Did MSM ever mention the results of Guyger's toxicology report?

She still needs to be charged with breaking and entering Jean's apartment, charged with shooting him, her badge turned in, make it impossible for her to enter LE in TX or any other state ever again.

She needs to be locked up. Felony murder. No more gun ownership.

Heck, I would be okay with just put her in the Nut House, indefinitely.

And what felony crime to go with it? I don't believe a felony murder charge will stand on its own without being accompanied by a separate felony crime. Now if she gave feloniously false statements to LEO, that was after the fact.

When I read Chief Hall's statement today, it just doesn't make much sense to me," Dallas criminal defense attorney Peter Schulte told WFAA after reading the release. "I don't know if it's ignorance or being naive, but it doesn't make any sense legally."

Here's why Hall’s statement is baffling.

Statements given to internal affairs cannot be used in the criminal investigation. Officers are given what's called a Garrity warning. That means anything they say is only used for the purpose of disciplining an officer or firing them.

The Texas Rangers are conducting a separate investigation from the Dallas Police Department and have already taken Guyger’s statement.

DPD can fire Guyger for being arrested and charged with manslaughter even without Guyger giving a statement to the department.

There have been numerous occasions where officers were either under criminal investigation or have been arrested and an internal affairs investigation was conducted and they were fired. Both Amy Wilburn, who shot a man in his car, and Cardan Spencer, who shot a mentally ill man standing in street, were fired by the Dallas Police Department before the grand jury heard their case.

Prosecutors can’t even ask DPD for the internal affairs documents to use in the criminal case. They are completely separate.

"Every citizen is innocent until if proven guilty in court, and I understand that," Schulte, a Dallas criminal defense, said. "But there's been a lot of backlash in the community. There's been a lot of protest. There's no issue with Chief Hall saying, 'You know what? You're going to be terminated. You have your rights under civil service state law to appeal your termination and go through the government code to get your job back, but for right now, for the best of the department, it's time to part ways ... It should have probably already happened already."
Chief says firing officer in Botham Jean shooting could 'compromise' probe; is that true?

And what felony crime to go with it? I don't believe a felony murder charge will stand on its own without being accompanied by a separate felony crime. Now if she gave feloniously false statements to LEO, that was after the fact.

I believe that the entire story is a fairy tale. That is why I think it is felony murder. There is a lot of information that we don't know. We have been given a carefully crafted narrative. And done very skillfully. A "simple" story to stick with. Even though, facts in evidence, do not support the premise.

Once you discard the story, and look at objective evidence, it adds up to felony murder charges.

1. Red rug in front of door.
2. No dog at door.
3. Killer shoots at a man, in the dark. She didn't even see a weapon.
4. Killer calls 911, and mislead responders, and the shooting is considered "Officer Involved", with assumption that she was working at time of incident.
5. Killer is on phone, making calls in hallway, after shooting, not even giving aid to victim. There is a video in evidence.

I inderstand the union's position and influence over this thing whereas they insist that her being fired telegraphs to the jury she is guilty. Well, besides the fact she is guilty of AT LEAST MANSLAUGHTER, Chief Hall can terminate her and expressly on the basis of mental instability and/or incompetence..... or she could dig up her social media or not and fire her for the trash we saw on Pinterest. All with clear language stating her termination has nothing to do with her taking the life of another WHILE OFF DUTY!

I believe that the entire story is a fairy tale. That is why I think it is felony murder. There is a lot of information that we don't know. We have been given a carefully crafted narrative. And done very skillfully. A "simple" story to stick with. Even though, facts in evidence, do not support the premise.

Once you discard the story, and look at objective evidence, it adds up to felony murder charges.

2. No dog at door.
4. Killer calls 911, and mislead responders, and the shooting is considered "Officer Involved", with assumption that she was working at time of incident.
5. Killer is on phone, making calls in hallway, after shooting, not even giving aid to victim. There is a video in evidence.

And it was never mentioned if she stopped anywhere after her shift?

Say, a bar, and had a few too many?

Felony Murder is a charge for when you are in the commission of a felony crime, alone or with another, and a person gets killed, and can be without any intent and can be completely accidental. Your accomplice could be the one who had the gun and fired a shot up in the air that struck an unintended bystander, but you're then charged with felony murder.

Unless it can be proven she gained access inside his apartment via illegal means, there can be no felony murder. And if it can be proven she did gain illegal access, that's 1st degree.

I respectfully disagree with a felony murder charge.

2. No dog at door.

Last edited:

After the first shooting incident fifteen months ago did she get a psych evaluation? If not, too bad. Really too bad, with tragic consequences. Come to think of it, what was the outcome of her original psych evaluation to enter the force?
I'll say it again. In my amateur opinion and speculation, AG should be tested specifically for anabolic steroid use. The outcome of those tests might help explain a lot.
One more point to reinforce - "Red rug". Had to *step* on the BRIGHT red rug.

Amateur speculation and opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member