TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has started a thread on this yet.

Officer fatally shoots man after entering wrong apartment 'believing that it was her own': Police

Admins please moved if needed

From above:

“This investigation is ongoing and we will release additional details as they become available and it is appropriate to do so," police said in the statement.

The Dallas County District Attorney's Office said they do not have any additional information to release at this time, and the Dallas Police Department did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.“

Please continue discussion here.

Remember, do not introduce race into the discussion unless it becomes known via MSM or LE that it was a factor in this tragedy.

Also, please be respectful towards one another. There is no need to show disrespect to anyone, even if their opinion or view may be different than yours. If you just can't handle another member's point of view, scroll and roll or use the Ignore feature so you won't see their posts.

I cannot stop thinking about this innocent man and the lives of his family, friends and all who did not know of him until the ignorant actions of a person sworn to protect and serve.

My heart hurts for all.

So how is it that she was in la la land prior to the shooting, yet in the blink of an eye manage to shoot “in the dark” a shot to the chest then to the abdomen.
I posted the actual photo of Botham’s apartment number that is fully lit right beside the door. So how in the hell did she miss that, the red rug and parking on a floor above her floor.

She allegedly was doing overtime and writing out a report prior to leaving. I believe that the person ( or persons) should contact their attorney and have it investigated due to the fact that she is flying under the cloak of fatigue.
The attorney that Botham’s family hired I hope will call for an investigative review of all of her reports. There is no way that she can with a clear mind write out a report prior to leaving work then turn around and use overtime fatigue as an excuse for murdering an innocent man in his own home.

She wrote out a legal document that is used in a court of law. A powerful document used to determine the fate of the accused (accusers) in that report.
How can that report, or any other reports that she completed be deemed truthful and factual on days that she did overtime be legal and lawful when she claims that she was fatigued from overtime and was clueless to where in the hell she lived?

My opinion only, sorry for the long post. This is a long thread and it is a lot to read, especially if someone is just coming on to this thread. I tried to make this quick, but it ended up longer than I expected.
Thank you for this post, it is a great read and excellent points! I triple like this!

Does anyone else feel that LE should have not been allowed to obtain a search warrant for Mr. Jean’s apartment, personal belongings? If it had to happen, it surely shouldn’t have happened with out a representative for Mr. Jean. I think the only search they should have been allowed was that of the immediate area where death occurred. It’s not like they didn’t know how it happened. I am very upset that a search of his home and personal belongings took place without representation for the victim.

Thank you for this post, it is a great read and excellent points! I triple like this!
Dear TinaG,
It means a lot to me TinaG that you took the time to read my own thoughts on the very long post and to reply to me. I truly appreciate that.
I hope that the attorney for the family looks into those facts.

Dear TinaG,
It means a lot to me TinaG that you took the time to read my own thoughts on the very long post and to reply to me. I truly appreciate that.
I hope that the attorney for the family looks into those facts.
Thank you for taking the time to make the post and I hope they do too! I highly recommend that your post be read by everybody!

I hope we can all remember that Mr. Jean is a victim-- one who has no voice, one whose last words were "Why did you do that?" Any attempt to look at his life to justify why he died not having harmed this woman but as some sort of criminal is repulsive. Even if he made noise till the cows came home or had a steady stream of late night accountants coming by (as is his right as a tenant), he did not deserve to have his last moments on this earth be terror at such a young age. Even if his door was ajar, he had every right to be confused or non-compliant as he walked toward his door in his underwear. The person-- the shooter--shot him in the darkened living room, not identifying herself as an officer, not retreating and getting back up for the intruder in "her apartment" or as some say her castle. She entered a darkened room, unaware that there could be two or three more intruders who could have shot her dead or killed her in some other way. Her actions make no sense. His actions make sense. All he did was to leave his bedroom and go into his living room toward his door-- an action that I bet many of us do multiple times a day and have never thought or said, "Hey, I could get killed doing this." Because it would not make sense to think that, especially in an apartment with gates on the garage and new fangled keys and security cameras and, and, and.

I read somewhere that Botham Jean's laptop was damaged. Does anyone know anything about that?

That was mentioned in the search warrant. It is posted in the last thread.

I am thinking that there are so many potentials...I wonder if placement of Botham was documented, because he was transported to the hospital. I wonder about the evidence in the apartment, can they tell where he was when he was shot? It almost seems like he answered the door...

I am not buying the story that the door swung open, or was partially open.

Does anyone else feel that LE should have not been allowed to obtain a search warrant for Mr. Jean’s apartment, personal belongings? If it had to happen, it surely shouldn’t have happened with out a representative for Mr. Jean. I think the only search they should have been allowed was that of the immediate area where death occurred. It’s not like they didn’t know how it happened. I am very upset that a search of his home and personal belongings took place without representation for the victim.

There could be evidence on the laptop that shows there was a relationship with the Officer, a dispute or even threats made by the Police Officer. This could show intent to kill and prove murder. Until we develop a Psychic Police force and to follow the rules of evidence it is necessary to obtain a warrant and do a physical search. Hope this helps

I said this last night, and I will say it again: I think she planned this. I think she was fed up with whatever noise he was making, and she thought she could use this dumb story and get away with it.

There could be evidence on the laptop that shows there was a relationship with the Officer, a dispute or even threats made by the Police Officer. This could show intent to kill and prove murder. Until we develop a Psychic Police force and to follow the rules of evidence it is necessary to obtain a warrant and do a physical search. Hope this helps

So a search of the victim's property shouldnt have proper representative on hand? He was a victim. She went into his home.

Do you know her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member