TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee Merritt, Jean’s family attorney, said the multiple warrants police issued “highlights just sort of the nefarious nature of their investigation.”

“They went in with the intent to look for some sort of criminal justification for the victim,” Merritt told USA Today. “It's a pattern that we've seen before ... We have a cop who clearly did something wrong. And instead of investigating the homicide — instead of going into her apartment and seeing what they can find, instead of collecting evidence relevant for the homicide investigation — they went out specifically looking for ways to tarnish the image of this young man."
Botham Jean's Family Attorney Calls Discovery of Marijuana in Victim’s Apartment a 'Smear

I mean, not to be to personal but the idea of being asleep and my partner waking me up or vice versa was a mutually hot. They were not guys I wanted a key or had a key for their place, more casual encounters I guess. It takes all kinds.. just bc he went to church and worked in finance doesn’t mean he didn’t have a friend with benefits.

The problem with that theory is there's no evidence he had a guest, either in his apartment or arriving anywhere in the building or parking garage. Witness testimony from neighbors says they heard the murderer pounding on his door and yelling, so it seems the door really was closed and locked.

The killer awakened him and when he opened the door, she shot him.

Lee Merritt, Jean’s family attorney, said the multiple warrants police issued “highlights just sort of the nefarious nature of their investigation.”

“They went in with the intent to look for some sort of criminal justification for the victim,” Merritt told USA Today. “It's a pattern that we've seen before ... We have a cop who clearly did something wrong. And instead of investigating the homicide — instead of going into her apartment and seeing what they can find, instead of collecting evidence relevant for the homicide investigation — they went out specifically looking for ways to tarnish the image of this young man."

The mayor framed his speech—his last for Downtown Dallas Inc. while he’s in office—to describe Jean as the person he was and the asset he was to the city. Successful, empathetic, driven, kind. The mayor was pushing against a narrative that tumbled out after police leaked a search warrant on the day of Jean’s funeral. It showed that officers found just over 10 grams of marijuana in his apartment after officer Amber Guyger shot him dead. His family’s lawyer immediately denounced the detail as an attempt at character assassination; Fox 4 immortalized it in a tweet and the headline to their story about it.

Rawlings condemned framing the detail in a way that would denigrate Jean
At DDI Luncheon, Mayor Rawlings Condemns Character Assaults of Botham Jean - D Magazine

Apartments do have thin walls, if I don't have tv on I can hear my neighbors washing machine or hair dryer and I'm sure they can hear mine too as well as tv or music, but it is usually muffled noise and not really disturbing at all. The real noise makers are dogs, but I love dogs so I don't mind! I don't think he had a dog.

I have a piano, I would be in big trouble!!!

Absolutely!! If his door had been ajar, she wouldn't have needed to put her key in it---she would have just pushed it open. Duh
And it was reported that they found her key still in his door after she killed him.

If I got home and my door was slightly ajar, I would be very quickly backing away as I called 911.

I still find it insane that people can possibly defend her at all.

Fact.
She shot a man dead after breaking into his own home.

What more is needed? Where else anywhere in the world or in any situation can someone come into your home and shoot you and you're to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams