TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She should invest in some of those soft foam earplugs. They block out most noise but you can still hear your phone or alarm clock. They're inexpensive and you can find them in most drug stores.
If she doesn't like noise, she'll definitely need them at her new residence. I'm sure clanging cell doors and 'neighbors' yelling "I didn't do it!!" can be very disruptive to one's rest.

Does anyone have the Yelp app? I do not and I want very few apps on my phone.
There are some reviews on the link below and a tenant in the building complained that it took 4 days for the blood to be cleaned from outside the apartment. There is more to the review but I cannot view the entire reviews only the first couple of sentences for each review.
Thank you in advance for the help.
Southside Flats - South Dallas - Dallas, TX
Staff is wonderful! Only complaint is that the walls are pretty thin and you can hear your neighbors literally do everything, especially if you have people living above you.

The new Managment property took over and the property has gone south just like the south Dallas neighborhood it's in. The Managment property wouldn't give me copies to any of the doors the gate, mailbox or my apt after my car was stolen on property till I payed my rent in full (which is against the law late, eviction writ of possession whatever they have to give you a copy delivered to you within two hours) I went weeks not being able to lock my door and waiting the the stair well like a bum waiting for someone to come in since I couldn't get a clicker Even even though once allowed per them I had to pay a $50, fee for each one totaling an extra $150.

Parking is free without reserved spaces in a garage, which is a luxury here in Dallas!
Edited: for privacy respect.

Last edited:
The remaining text in the review basically just said that if you call in a security complaint at 2am it’s hours before they respond and that the lift breaks down several times a month.

There are some reviews on the link below and a tenant in the building complained that it took 4 days for the blood to be cleaned from outside the apartment. There is more to the review but I cannot view the entire reviews only the first couple of sentences for each review.
at

I guess it’s possible that she used the man whom she had just murdered’s sink, but from the description of the his injuries I would imagine rigourous CPR would result in lots of blood transfer. In the video where she’s whining or so-called crying at the scene she looks pretty clean. The lighting would have lended itself to blood being pretty visible in that clip IMO. You can clearly make out her features and top knot.. Also, I’m behind and this may have been brought up but I saw the interior apt photos on DM and her story would mean that his family was 100% wrong about him being a tidy, meticulous man or he was eating soup in the dark in his tighty whities? That sounds like a bad idea in so many ways.. a whole bowl of soup just left out? Y’all, something stinks to high heaven in the Big D. I hope she’s suffering and haunted by all of the public opinion all over the web. She’s basically the new female George Zimmerman. He’s a lunatic and she at the very least has incredibly poor judgement and is a terrible representation of police and the oath to serve and protect. Why do we know so little about her? I feel like she’s got naked pics of a higher up within LE or something because this shroud of protection is weird AF, imo. She’s a ghost now.. and no public statement. Not even a half-*advertiser censored* attempt to make it seem like she even cares. Wild.
I understand what you mean.
IMO, in terms of Botham’s nature of being neat and the pics of things in his living room which make it appear unkempt, we really don’t know if the light was out. That is her story. According to the affidavit of evidentiary search warrant, he “confronted” her at the door. He may have been eating while folding his laundry on the couch or he just may have crashed without fulfilling his normal daily chores around the house because he was exhausted when AG arrived at his door. We don’t know either way. IMO, it doesn’t sway the outcome. He died at the hands of an aggressor who valued possessions over someone’s life. I would be languishing in eternal guilt if I were AG, regardless of whether or not we follow her narrative. No man’s life is expendable.

Well, Tina, I believe them both, because they are not inconsistent. Both of them were surprised, obviously. I'm trying to get the larger audience to view this from the perspective of Amber, who thought there was an intruder in her apartment. The reality is not so important as the PERCEPTION of reality.

So the truth doesnt matter, only what you believe the truth to be? Wow.

Well, Tina, I believe them both, because they are not inconsistent. Both of them were surprised, obviously. I'm trying to get the larger audience to view this from the perspective of Amber, who thought there was an intruder in her apartment. The reality is not so important as the PERCEPTION of reality.

From what is known now- do you believe she should do prison time or walk? I am not clear on your opinion.

Screenshots of two reviews.

Attachments

• 115D2CF4-5641-4F3D-A941-0380ADA28C32.jpeg
    115D2CF4-5641-4F3D-A941-0380ADA28C32.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 40
  • EDEBFF88-C0FA-439B-BE3B-0A4B3EEFCD86.jpeg
    EDEBFF88-C0FA-439B-BE3B-0A4B3EEFCD86.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 42
Ok, Let me rephrase my question. So you believe that the door was closed and locked and he opened it, or do you believe the door was open? Because if it was open or ajar what would be the point of using the key?? Any normal person could see an open or ajar door and she is trained to be hyper observant. She would have surely had to have been impaired to not observe that, and if was headed to get impaired after her shift, she should have left her weapon in her locker. I get the 'your perception is your reality' thing. Persuade me to see it from your perspective!

Last edited:
I am casual in my own home and eat cereal and things on my comfy couch. When guests come over, they would NEVER imagine me doing that. I make my house as perfect as I can for them. The whole scene looks like a man being comfortable in his own home and relaxing.

JMO.
I really like your post Blue!
I do not know one person that has never been casual in there own home and picked up when expecting guests.
I have left blankets on the couch before when I wanted to curl up in read a book or watch tv and just fall asleep, get up and take care of it later. I have also munched out while I was doing that and in the morning a slice of pizza or a half eaten chicken wing and gnawed chicken bones would be there in the morning but trashed as soon as I got up.
I have also washed all of my blankets, dumped them on the couch and waited until the next morning to fold them.
Anyone is a hypocrite if they say that they have never done that or anything similar to what Botham did with his cereal bowl. That apartment was Botham’s own personal space. If he wanted to eat cereal at night and wait until morning to pick it up, that was his choice.

But because someone claims to have lost their way, not only is he dead, the photos of Botham’s apartment, his home are all over the net.

If it is a fact that she was doing security:
A Security Officer in an apartment that claims they went to the wrong apartment after a month of living there and moonlighting get reduced or free rent.........

I am waiting for the confirmation on that.

My opinion only

From what is known now- do you believe she should do prison time or walk? I am not clear on your opinion.
It should be treated no differently than an egregious hunting accident. Manslaughter at worst. The punishment - that's for the courts to decide. Lex talionis? No. The Handsome Sailor Hath Spoken.

Oh my, Jim G. Can you imagine: Hey officer, it is my PERCEPTION I was not drunk while driving my car, so how in the world can you give me a ticket?

(Jim G, Jim G, I see the emperor has no clothes!)

I'm sorry, sometimes the facts really are black and white. And I don't mean that in a racial way. I mean how a normal person understands a situation, and the end result of that situation.

Yes, Mr. Botham Shem Jean was obviously surprised when he answered the door of his own apartment, his own home, and found himself at the business end of a gun.

Amber's perspective? She shouldn't have been surprised at all--different floor from her apartment, different door decor, key not working in the locked door, etc. The fact that she continued trying to get in--well, the fact is, she acted irrationally, unprovoked, unwarranted, and killed an innocent man who was standing in his own apartment.

In what universe would her real actions be discounted because her perception is somehow thought to be more important? I hope it isn't mine.

I have lived in apartments most of my life, and if folks get noisy, just put on headphones. I met a great guy, he came over when my friends and I were doing karaoke, he joined in...and 30 years later, we are still singing! (Babe, I got you...).

Seriously, I read an article about the chief of police in Dallas, she seems like a pretty stand up gal, but she is also walking a fine line here. While we can't get into a race discussion, it is ALL about race now in LEO, which is sad.
Police Chief Reneé Hall Thinks Dallas Might Not Be Ready For Her

Ex-Detroit cop praised, criticized for handling of Dallas police shooting

This entire situation is a mess, she was savvy to transfer (dump), this case,(disaster) to Texas Rangers.

After a review of the Killer's Pinterest, I think that this case needs to go federal. The Dallas PD is a mess. And it looks to me like the killer had quite a few issues that raise red flags to me.

It should be treated no differently than an egregious hunting accident. Manslaughter at worst. The punishment - that's for the courts to decide. Lex talionis? No. The Handsome Sailor Hath Spoken.

I see. Thanks for your answer.

As for me- I will wait to see all evidence. I think upper degree of manslaughter- IF she actually got the door open and saw a figure- felt she was confronted- as she walked in. If he actually opened the door- and was in his underwear- as one early version went- and she instantly shot him- that goes into 2nd degree murder range imo.

I have lived in apartments most of my life, and if folks get noisy, just put on headphones. I met a great guy, he came over when my friends and I were doing karaoke, he joined in...and 30 years later, we are still singing! (Babe, I got you...).

Seriously, I read an article about the chief of police in Dallas, she seems like a pretty stand up gal, but she is also walking a fine line here. While we can't get into a race discussion, it is ALL about race now in LEO, which is sad.
Police Chief Reneé Hall Thinks Dallas Might Not Be Ready For Her

Ex-Detroit cop praised, criticized for handling of Dallas police shooting

This entire situation is a mess, she was savvy to transfer (dump), this case,(disaster) to Texas Rangers.

After a review of the Killer's Pinterest, I think that this case needs to go federal. The Dallas PD is a mess. And it looks to me like the killer had quite a few issues that raise red flags to me.

Oh man, is it against TOS to link that or tell how you found it? I live vicariously through you guys. I’m a terrible sleuther and can’t find it.. TIA!

Reply to medstudies: RE OJ.

I lived in LA that summer, that entire situation was a powder keg. The tension was palatable, and people were in fear if OJ was declared "Guilty". The jury made a decision based on issues aside from the evidence.

This is a different situation, and I can see, that the opposite will happen, the Killer would be best served to plead and let this go away. If she stays with her story for a trial, Dallas would explode if she is "Not Guilty".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3