TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your reply. The problem with your theory about the door is that the door doesn't function that way. I do not live in that building but I have the same kind of door. Hopefully more info will be forthcoming now that they have taken the doors and data.
Jim G I have another question, would you consider the same exhaustion excuse for a male officer? Lol, serving warrants to keep our city safe! She sure did not keep our city safe that night! Was she a warrant officer, is that what she was?

Last edited:
She never gave CPR. I don't believe the light was off. I don't believe she cares. She took care of a problem and is moving on. She believes she is protected. (I want to know what kind of connections put her on an "elite" team within the DPD.)

I am casual in my own home and eat cereal and things on my comfy couch. When guests come over, they would NEVER imagine me doing that. I make my house as perfect as I can for them. The whole scene looks like a man being comfortable in his own home and relaxing.

JMO.

Not giving CPR in these cases is pretty common now. Its the norm. The killers continue to be pumped up with anger at the victim and blame them for their situation. They mentally distance themselves from the victim's suffering and don't give CPR. JMO, they don't think the victim deserves help.

ETA: In retrospect, it's a bit psychopathic.

Last edited:
Not giving CPR in these cases is pretty common now. Its the norm. The killers continue to be pumped up with anger at the victim and blame them for their situation. They mentally distance themselves from the victim's suffering and don't give CPR. JMO, they don't think the victim deserves help.

Another good reason to have called for back up before entering the apartment

It's exactly as how I imagined it would be. Her attitude is seriously disturbing, especially for a cop.

I agree. When people post things that are controversial publicly, it makes me think that they are 100x worse in private. I have a Pinterest account, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and really have nothing to hide. Although, I do have a bias for black and white cats.

What does a bowl of soup have to do with him being a murder victim?
Either he was in the middle of eating soup in the dark or the lights weren’t off as she had stated. His being a neat person who likes routines as his family had described leads me to believe he probs doesn’t make a random bowl of soup, not eat it and leave it out on the furniture. That was my point, his apartment was disheveled bc of the search I assumed. I just think the dark + soup + underwear + “damaged” laptop tell a different story than she’d like us all to believe. IMO

I'm still trying to figure out why Botham did not verbally engage the person he thought was the intruder...I'm not blaming him, I'm just trying to figure it out. Even if you are in your own home, if someone is pointing a gun at you and giving you commands (and you are unarmed), the natural inclination is to comply

you don't know what he did or if he had time to engage her any more than opening the door, or not

All you know and are foisting off as her PR ambassador, probably AG herself hard to say without seeing some of her hand written reports, is the various accountings of what supposedly happened are all crafted to see to it she gets a sentence that won't inconvenience her (you) more than 5 years or maybe even walks.

IF it was dark like she said in one account, how could she (you) tell if he was compliant?

The real question is, if you actually thought that was your place and came discovered the door ajar, why didn't Ms. Hero call for backup? To proceed lone ranger with DPD having your back for your prudent asking, is beyond reckless and foolhardy idiocy of the highest magnitude.

They'd have showed up and said stupid beeeeaoootch, are you stoned, this ain't even your house! No go check yourself into nervous hospital or rehab, NOW and I'll take that service arm and badge, thank you! Thanks for the gun, now you'll be coming with me and I'll make sure you get the help you need.

Had somebody actually dangerous actually been inside, they probably would have taken her unrepentant and dishonest life which is why proper procedure would have been to call for backup.

Additionally, come in my home and start ordering me around or threaten me with or without a gun, my objective, and that of most people, will be to see that you comply with what me and my ordinance wants.

You won't get in without me or my dogs knowing. My place is generally dimly illuminated and quite dark at night, I know the floor plan and good luck icing me as an intruder in my own home, day or night.

To suggest that just because some pop tart bangs or busts in your door and comes in shouting orders would have most people complying in their own homes is not even laughable. It's plain hoss manure.

Last edited:
I did not think it possible for me to dislike this woman any more, and yet, after viewing that, I feel a substantial increase in my ire. She needs to rot in prison forever. What a terrible person.

What's with the Minions thing? I don't get the entertainment value of that, much less stupid memes. Some of my in-laws love those movies. They made me watch one and, needless to say, I was underwhelmed. Dumb, slow and childish. Now they put violent memes with them? Weird.

Either he was in the middle of eating soup in the dark or the lights weren’t off as she had stated. His being a neat person who likes routines as his family had described leads me to believe he probs doesn’t make a random bowl of soup, not eat it and leave it out on the furniture. That was my point, his apartment was disheveled bc of the search I assumed. I just think the dark + soup + underwear + “damaged” laptop tell a different story than she’d like us all to believe. IMO

Right. The police had "tossed" his apartment, that's why the clothes, possessions, etc. were lying around and everything was a mess.

I still think that he heard her fumbling with the lock, looked out and saw a cop, and opened the door.

She may have thought that the door just opened (wasn't closed all the way).

However , even if she thought he was an intruder in her own apartment, from there on she acted recklessly and carelessly. Even if he came toward her or failed to obey commands, he was in this own apartment and probably really confused about what was going on. Maybe he was even trying to calm her down.

Still all that being said I don't believe she intentionally went to this mans apartment and killed him.

Lee Merritt, one of the Jean family attorneys, said Friday that investigators wasted no time in digging for dirt they could use to smear Jean's name. Within hours of Jean being shot, they asked a judge for a warrant to search his home for drugs, among other things.

"On the night that he was killed, the Dallas Police Department investigators were interested specifically in finding information that could help assassinate his character," Merritt said.

"To have my son smeared in such a way, I think shows that there (are people) who are really nasty, who are really dirty and are going to cover up for the devil Amber Guyger," she said.

She also called on police to release toxicology results from a blood sample taken from Guyger on the night of the shooting.

In Texas, being caught with that amount of marijuana is a class B misdemeanor punishable for up to 180 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $2,000
Dallas police face ire over portrayal of man shot by officer

Right. The police had "tossed" his apartment, that's why the clothes, possessions, etc. were lying around and everything was a mess.

I would like to know if they ever searched the Killer's apartment.
Did they confiscate every single weapon she owns?
Did they look for narcotics or other drug paraphernalia in the Killer's apartment?

And still, what caliber of weapon did she use? Why hasn't that information been made public?

(snip) I saw the interior apt photos on DM and her story would mean that his family was 100% wrong about him being a tidy, meticulous man or he was eating soup in the dark in his tighty whities? That sounds like a bad idea in so many ways.. a whole bowl of soup just left out? (snip)
Where did this quote come from? That is pathetic and disgusting for someone to post.

I have no evidence to back up my opinion and it would not affect the issue of the bowl of food, but I thought the video of the apartment was done after the search. I was under the impression that a searches are not done neatly.
Thank you for your post, they did take photos after the search.

Last edited:
so they say but no inventory list of items seized of her's seems to have been released

5 search warrants and need at least one more....

GET THE SMART ELECTRICAL METER CONSUMPTION GRAPH TO VERIFY IF THE LIGHTS WERE ON OR OFF AND IF THEY WERE TURNED ON WHEN SHE CLAIMED!!!!

I would like to know if they ever searched the Killer's apartment.
Did they confiscate every single weapon she owns?
Did they look for narcotics or other drug paraphernalia in the Killer's apartment?

And still, what caliber of weapon did she use? Why hasn't that information been made public?

Last edited:
If it happened as stated in the arrest warrant (I doubt it), he probably didn’t verbally engage because he was shell-shocked, and she was the ”shoot first, ask questions later” type. It‘s still murder. She aimed at him with the intent to kill, not like the FBI guy whose gun discharged while he was showing off his moves on the dancefloor - that’s what I’d call reckless and accidental. She wanted to kill him. Murder.
Wow!to the FBI link. I wanted to slap that smile right off his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710