TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Amber

can I ask why you are so quick to believe her ? is it the fact she is a cop or her looks or what ? I'm not being snarky, but we are armchair detectives here and all the evidence does not add up to end up with a"I believe Amber " what is it that makes you believe someone who's story details keep changing , the fact that she has deleted her Social media says she has something to hide ! Seriously why ?

I still find it insane that people can possibly defend her at all.

Fact.
She shot a man dead after breaking into his own home.

What more is needed? Where else anywhere in the world or in any situation can someone come into your home and shoot you and you're to blame?

I was actually pretty shocked at my coworker's reaction to quickly defend that she must have been exhausted and how law enforcement officers work so hard. This is someone who used to pull crazy shifts in the neo-natal unit--and I know she wouldn't ever accept "exhausted" as an excuse for herself or her current or past employees, so it was just so weird. I have to wonder what she's read and where, but again, didn't want to argue at work.

I was actually pretty shocked at my coworker's reaction to quickly defend that she must have been exhausted and how law enforcement officers work so hard. This is someone who used to pull crazy shifts in the neo-natal unit--and I know she wouldn't ever accept "exhausted" as an excuse for herself or her current or past employees, so it was just so weird. I have to wonder what she's read and where, but again, didn't want to argue at work.
Maybe some people just believe in LE period. And they don't always work that hard, I don't know about DPD they probably get more calls than some smaller departments, but often enough they are just driving around talking on the phone to their significant other or playing on the Internet in their cruiser.

Apartments do have thin walls, if I don't have tv on I can hear my neighbors washing machine or hair dryer and I'm sure they can hear mine too as well as tv or music, but it is usually muffled noise and not really disturbing at all. The real noise makers are dogs, but I love dogs so I don't mind! I don't think he had a dog.

Regarding sound, it could have been as simple as everyday movements. If the walls/ceiling were thin it could be very loud. Chairs scraping on floors,etc.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6161483/amp/Video-contradicts-story-white-Dallas-cop-killed-black-
neighbor.html

Pertains to the noise complaint:
“DailyMail.com can also reveal that Guyger had made noise complaints about Jean, 26, to the building management in the days before his death.

Her neighbor, a Hispanic man in his mid-20s, said she had been cross about him making noise early in the mornings.

He said: ‘She filed a noise complaint earlier on in the day which said that he had been making noise before she leaves for her shift.’”
‘And there were noise complaints from the immediate downstairs neighbors about whoever was upstairs, and that would have been Botham.

‘In fact, there were noise complaints that very day about upstairs activity in Botham’s apartment. Botham received a phone call about noise coming from his apartment from the downstairs neighbor.’

Soundproof walls but not ceilings:

According to Guyger’s neighbor, the building’s walls are soundproofed while the ceilings are not – a potential cause for conflict.

‘We can hear when somebody opens the door. You can’t really hear anything through the walls but you can definitely hear when somebody knocks or opens the door.

‘Sometimes I can hear the people above me every once in a while, that’s all I ever hear. The only thing I can think of is I can just hear people running but this guy [Jean], he didn’t seem like the kind of guy who’d be running around up there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6161483/amp/Video-contradicts-story-white-Dallas-cop-killed-black-
neighbor.html

Pertains to the noise complaint:
“DailyMail.com can also reveal that Guyger had made noise complaints about Jean, 26, to the building management in the days before his death.

Her neighbor, a Hispanic man in his mid-20s, said she had been cross about him making noise early in the mornings.

He said: ‘She filed a noise complaint earlier on in the day which said that he had been making noise before she leaves for her shift.’”
‘And there were noise complaints from the immediate downstairs neighbors about whoever was upstairs, and that would have been Botham.

‘In fact, there were noise complaints that very day about upstairs activity in Botham’s apartment. Botham received a phone call about noise coming from his apartment from the downstairs neighbor.’

Soundproof walls but not ceilings:

According to Guyger’s neighbor, the building’s walls are soundproofed while the ceilings are not – a potential cause for conflict.

‘We can hear when somebody opens the door. You can’t really hear anything through the walls but you can definitely hear when somebody knocks or opens the door.

‘Sometimes I can hear the people above me every once in a while, that’s all I ever hear. The only thing I can think of is I can just hear people running but this guy [Jean], he didn’t seem like the kind of guy who’d be running around up there.

She should invest in some of those soft foam earplugs. They block out most noise but you can still hear your phone or alarm clock. They're inexpensive and you can find them in most drug stores.

Ok Handsome Sailor, which one of her stories do you believe about how she entered the apartment?
Well, Tina, I believe them both, because they are not inconsistent. Both of them were surprised, obviously. I'm trying to get the larger audience to view this from the perspective of Amber, who thought there was an intruder in her apartment. The reality is not so important as the PERCEPTION of reality.

There is an official LEO document which states she administered CPR, then called 911 and then turned the lights on....yep, doesn't say she immediately called 911. I forgot which official document stated that but I know I saw it.

I guess it’s possible that she used the man whom she had just murdered’s sink, but from the description of the his injuries I would imagine rigourous CPR would result in lots of blood transfer. In the video where she’s whining or so-called crying at the scene she looks pretty clean. The lighting would have lended itself to blood being pretty visible in that clip IMO. You can clearly make out her features and top knot.. Also, I’m behind and this may have been brought up but I saw the interior apt photos on DM and her story would mean that his family was 100% wrong about him being a tidy, meticulous man or he was eating soup in the dark in his tighty whities? That sounds like a bad idea in so many ways.. a whole bowl of soup just left out? Y’all, something stinks to high heaven in the Big D. I hope she’s suffering and haunted by all of the public opinion all over the web. She’s basically the new female George Zimmerman. He’s a lunatic and she at the very least has incredibly poor judgement and is a terrible representation of police and the oath to serve and protect. Why do we know so little about her? I feel like she’s got naked pics of a higher up within LE or something because this shroud of protection is weird AF, imo. She’s a ghost now.. and no public statement. Not even a half-*advertiser censored* attempt to make it seem like she even cares. Wild.

Last edited:
So she had made noise complaints about Botham, and at least one other tennant.

This makes this more.... interesting and it makes her story, again, less credible
Yep. This is what I was trying to point out upthread. She went there to tell him to be quiet, imo. She lot it. Anger problem. Hot head.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

I guess it’s possible that she used the man whom she had just murdered’s sink, but from the description of the his injuries I would imagine rigourous CPR would result in lots of blood transfer. In the video where she’s whining or so-called crying at the scene she looks pretty clean. The lighting would have lended itself to blood being pretty visible in that clip IMO. You can clearly make out her features and top knot.. Also, I’m behind and this may have been brought up but I saw the interior apt photos on DM and her story would mean that his family was 100% wrong about him being a tidy, meticulous man or he was eating soup in the dark in his tighty whities? That sounds like a bad idea I’m so many ways.. a whole bowl of soup just left out? Y’all, something stinks to high heaven in the Big D. I hope she’s suffering and haunted by all of the public opinion all over the web. She’s basically the new female George Zimmerman. He’s a lunatic and she at the very least has incredibly poor judgement and is a terrible representation of police and the oath to serve and protect. Why do we know so little about her? I feel like she’s got naked pics of a higher up within LE or something because this shroud of protection is weird AF, imo. She’s a ghost now.. and no public statement. Not even a half-*advertiser censored* attempt to make it seem like she even cares. Wild.

She never gave CPR. I don't believe the light was off. I don't believe she cares. She took care of a problem and is moving on. She believes she is protected. (I want to know what kind of connections put her on an "elite" team within the DPD.)

I am casual in my own home and eat cereal and things on my comfy couch. When guests come over, they would NEVER imagine me doing that. I make my house as perfect as I can for them. The whole scene looks like a man being comfortable in his own home and relaxing.

JMO.

Does anyone have the Yelp app? I do not and I want very few apps on my phone.
There are some reviews on the link below and a tenant in the building complained that it took 4 days for the blood to be cleaned from outside the apartment. There is more to the review but I cannot view the entire reviews only the first couple of sentences for each review.
Thank you in advance for the help.
Southside Flats - South Dallas - Dallas, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members