TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Though, that footage is about the time he was transported so there were other officers there as well. What's been reported is that no first aid was given until others arrived. So she doesn't appear to have given any first aid herself.

I wonder who she was on the phone with? Was she with 911 the entire time? Wouldn't they tell her how to administer first aid or to wait for paramedics?

I wonder who she was on the phone with? Was she with 911 the entire time? Wouldn't they tell her how to administer first aid or to wait for paramedics?

Right, she is seen in the video walking back and forth. Now the video wasn't on the whole time. It's actually 2 videos. The first she is on the phone walking away and then back on the phone. Then you see emt people and police wheeling the gurney away and someone doing cpr. No idea what happened inbetween

Just a possible idea imo based on statement at beginning of press conference regarding new evidence from new witness. Prehaps officer confided something in a friend after shooting and that friend has gone to attorneys?
I thought that it may have been someone who witnessed her drinking, but if she was drunk, it would make it more likely that she would stumble to the wrong apartment.

I agree with the premise, either she is charged as a citizen, who committed a homicide, or she is considered a law officer whose actions are being investigated as an official action.

A citizen would have been charged by this time, not being at home.

If she is being considered a law officer, then, the City is responsible for her actions.

Interesting. I completely agree. And this may have ramifications for future.

I thought that it may have been someone who witnessed her drinking, but if she was drunk, it would make it more likely that she would stumble to the wrong apartment.

Yes- "change the course of the case" makes it sounds like something more ominous- something that could cause more serious legal charges. Being drunk or on drugs might bring more separate charges - public intoxication, illegal drugs in system, but I don't think it would take the manslaughter charges into a higher charge.

If we knew what time this shooting took place, we might have a better idea as to how much time she had from the time she got off work until the time it happened and if she had time to have a few drinks. Why isn't anyone giving out a timeline?

Did they indicate they were surprised the DA didn't have the info already? Not sure if I misunderstood.

Yes. Though, that footage is about the time he was transported so there were other officers there as well. What's been reported is that no first aid was given until others arrived. So she doesn't appear to have given any first aid herself.

It seems so cold to me. I can't imagine shooting anyone period but I like to think I'd either be totally frozen in shock or trying to make sure I'd not killed him.

If we knew what time this shooting took place, we might have a better idea as to how much time she had from the time she got off work until the time it happened and if she had time to have a few drinks. Why isn't anyone giving out a timeline?

I believe I read it was at 10 p.m. in a link a few pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaake