TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if there was a motive for Guyger moving into this particular apartment building...

Hmmm

You don't have to come up with the whole $300,000 do you? Would the deed to a house cover it?
No---I think it's 10% or $30,000. I'm not sure how it works but the banks are closed today so and so are courts so I'm not sure how she got bond so fast and got the money right away. Almost seems like she had a heads up.

You don't have to come up with the whole $300,000 do you? Would the deed to a house cover it?

She could have used a bail bondsman which usually costs 10%. Not sure how using a house works, but have seen that in other cases. moo

I would imagine that she and her attorney had a heads up that this was coming. She probably turned herself in rather than them coming to the door of where she was staying. She had to have known this was coming and her lawyer probably contacted bond people --using family monies/property or secured union monies.

Relieved that the person who committed the crime is arrested.
No one is wishing a crime was committed. People are hoping for justice for the crime that was committed. I'm relieved she was charged and arrested, because it should have happened days ago.

I
I did not say that I wished a crime was committed. In fact, I would be happy to have never known this man's name under these circumstances. I am relieved that the wheels of justice are turning and holding this woman to account. I would always want someone who has committed a crime to be held accountable.

I would appreciate it if you did not use my post to accuse me of wishing a crime had been committed. Nothing is further from the truth. If you are confused about my writing, I invite you to ask me why or what my intent was.

I got the sense that posters had made up their minds a crime was committed & were happy when it was confirmed.

I

I got the sense that posters had made up their minds a crime was committed & were happy when it was confirmed.
No, posters are relieved that the person who killed a man in his own apartment has been charged with that crime. Not that the crime was committed. Whether she was charged or not, the man is still dead.

I

I do certainly have an opinion like most on this site when it comes to cases. But, you were inappropriate to extend my relief into happiness. I want justice for all victims of crimes. You and I may be on opposite sides of certain crimes but I don't think you have the right to put words in my mouth because you do or do not agree with my line of thinking.

Again (and this is the last I will say on this topic with you) if you have a question about my thoughts or feelings, you may ask or take my verbs at face value rather than assume I mean something else.

I would imagine that she and her attorney had a heads up that this was coming. She probably turned herself in rather than them coming to the door of where she was staying. She had to have known this was coming and her lawyer probably contacted bond people --using family monies/property or secured union monies.
I wonder how they got a judge to set bail on a Sunday.

I wonder how they got a judge to set bail on a Sunday.

Some courts in cities have weekend and night courts to set bail or no bail people. I don't no about this city though. She is a police officer and would need to be held in segregation for her safety if she were to be held over until tomorrow or later.

They put their feet to the fire with the news conference. I have no doubt that the planned "event" on Monday afternoon, with the black church community was also part of the decision to not wait any longer.

It was going to happen, it should have been done by Friday morning. But it gave the murderer time to get her team organized, find the bail money. She is probably getting special treatment, not processed the same, which is annoying. The killer is probably negotiating a plea deal. I can't see any jury being sympathetic, and this has nothing to do with race. A jury of 12 white people would more than likely convict, given the current information.

A pretty, former police officer killer in Texas state prison. Even the luxury suites are not that great, unless she gets sent to a private facility. She has to do prison time, no plea deal will get away from this.

My bad, I thought she lived below him.

That is what we've heard reported the entire time. She lived on the third floor and he lived on the fourth.

I just can't think of anything else that would prove that she didn't just stumble to the wrong apartment.

Well if she was yelling his name or something that would show that.

I wonder who she was on the phone with? Was she with 911 the entire time? Wouldn't they tell her how to administer first aid or to wait for paramedics?

This was after EMTs had taken him out I believe. I hope. I don't believe she gave him first aid but I don't want to believe she was already on the phone.

If we knew what time this shooting took place, we might have a better idea as to how much time she had from the time she got off work until the time it happened and if she had time to have a few drinks. Why isn't anyone giving out a timeline?

9:55 I believe. We just don't know what time she got off work though so that doesn't help us. Especially since she worked late.

It seems so cold to me. I can't imagine shooting anyone period but I like to think I'd either be totally frozen in shock or trying to make sure I'd not killed him.

Me neither. I would absolutely be applying pressure, yelling for neighbors to help and doing CPR.

Guyger was booked into the Kaufman County Jail about 7:20 p.m. Sunday, according to online records. Her bond had not yet been set.

The Texas Rangers had taken over the investigation and obtained the manslaughter warrant from the 7th District Court in Dallas County, said Lt. Lonny Haschel, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman.
Dallas officer Amber Guyger arrested on manslaughter charge in Botham Jean shooting

7:30pm. So she was arrested like immediately after the press conference. So it was likely already in the works when they met with the D.A.

Via WFAA on Twitter

"UPDATE: DPD officer Amber Guyger has made $300,000 bond and will be released from custody shortly, according to Kaufman Co. sheriff's office."

I was expecting that, but it still pisses me off. I guess she isn't worried about her safety from the public.

She sure came up with the money fast. I can't imagine she had that much money in her cookie jar.

I'm sure she's spent the last 72 hours preparing for this. They knew charges were coming so they likely prepared to have bond money ready when they did.

You can use a house, yes. That has to cover the full $300k. If you pay the 10% you don't get it back. Which really sucks. That's $30k they just lost when they will also have to hire an attorney which will likely be at least double that. Man she must have some wealthy family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18