TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the press conference. It must have been some powerful conversation to get her under arrest so fast.

I am knocking my head about the new witness.

Did she see something?
Has she heard from the officer something about previous issues with him in his apartment?
Was she with the officer after the shift?
Did she hear the officer on her phone as she was pacing the hall?
Had she witnessed the officer draw her gun before?
Did the officer confide something to her?

Wow. I am relieved she was arrested. I wonder if the charges will increase or change over time.

Texas law doesn’t formally distinguish between voluntary or involuntary manslaughter.

A criminal homicide is charged as manslaughter when a person “recklessly causes the death of an individual,” according to the Texas Penal Code.

A prosecutor doesn’t have to prove intent or premeditation in order to earn a conviction.

Manslaughter is a second-degree felony in Texas, punishable by two to 20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.

Dallas officer Amber Guyger arrested on manslaughter charge in Botham Jean shooting

Guyger was booked into the Kaufman County Jail about 7:20 p.m. Sunday, according to online records. Her bond had not yet been set.

The Texas Rangers had taken over the investigation and obtained the manslaughter warrant from the 7th District Court in Dallas County, said Lt. Lonny Haschel, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman.
Dallas officer Amber Guyger arrested on manslaughter charge in Botham Jean shooting

I missed the press conference. It must have been some powerful conversation to get her under arrest so fast.

I am knocking my head about the new witness.

Did she see something?
Has she heard from the officer something about previous issues with him in his apartment?
Was she with the officer after the shift?
Did she hear the officer on her phone as she was pacing the hall?
Had she witnessed the officer draw her gun before?
Did the officer confide something to her?

Wow. I am relieved she was arrested. I wonder if the charges will increase or change over time.

I am not relieved. Why would anyone wish a crime was committed?

I am not relieved. Why would anyone wish a crime was committed?

I did not say that I wished a crime was committed. In fact, I would be happy to have never known this man's name under these circumstances. I am relieved that the wheels of justice are turning and holding this woman to account. I would always want someone who has committed a crime to be held accountable.

I would appreciate it if you did not use my post to accuse me of wishing a crime had been committed. Nothing is further from the truth. If you are confused about my writing, I invite you to ask me why or what my intent was.

If she lives directly below him could it be a noise dispute? I know his next door neighbour said he was quiet, but noi going through her ceiling possibly wouldn't bother his neighbour.

I thought about that too.

At least more information is starting to slowly trickle out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18