TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her skin, bags under eyes, granted, mug shots are not "glamorous", but she looks far older than 28.

I am gonna bet we hear something about alcohol at some point in time.
Yes, she does look far older than 28. I don't see signs of crying, her eye makeup is intact. I see dark circles under her eyes, not puffiness from crying. If I cry, my eyes almost close up, hers are wide open.

She reportedly was crying on the scene, she likely continued to cry thereafter, which is why she doesn't look good in her mugshot.
If you had been crying for days, why would you wear eye makeup?

Yes, she does look far older than 28. I don't see signs of crying, her eye makeup is intact. I see dark circles under her eyes, not puffiness from crying. If I cry, my eyes almost close up, hers are wide open.
Obviously she wasn't crying during the mug shot.

If you had been crying for days, why would you wear eye makeup?
At this point, she knows her mugshot would be plastered in every paper so I am sure she was trying to soften her devastated look. I have never been booked and charged but even if I had it together when I walked in the station, I would lose it when they fingerprinted and photographed me.

This sounds like new information. If that accurate he didn't open the door, she just saw him inside his own apartment and shot him because she believed he was in her apartment. It also says she parked on the wrong floor, so presumably that means there is access to the apartments through the garage.

"Guyger, who was still in uniform, put her key in the door, which was unlocked, and the door opened, the official said. The lights were out. She saw a figure in the darkness and thought her apartment was being burglarized, the official said. Guyger pulled her gun and fired twice."
Botham Jean's door was unlocked, lights were off when Officer Amber Guyger mistook his apartment for hers, official says | Dallas Police | Dallas News

Yes. I felt a twinge of sympathy for her when I saw the mugshot. It's an odd background for a mugshot. Is that typical of the county?

A lot of the counties around here use a white towel for the mug shots. No clue why.

This sounds like new information. If that accurate he didn't open the door, she just saw him inside his own apartment and shot him because she believed he was in her apartment. It also says she parked on the wrong floor, so presumably that means there is access to the apartments through the garage.

"Guyger, who was still in uniform, put her key in the door, which was unlocked, and the door opened, the official said. The lights were out. She saw a figure in the darkness and thought her apartment was being burglarized, the official said. Guyger pulled her gun and fired twice."
Botham Jean's door was unlocked, lights were off when Officer Amber Guyger mistook his apartment for hers, official says | Dallas Police | Dallas News

But why not try to do something different than shooting first? Doesn't she have a lot of training for all different kinds of situations? This whole thing is such a sad deal.

A lot of the counties around here use a white towel for the mug shots. No clue why.
When people are arrested and they are wearing name brand or local school shirts it can have an impact on how they are seen, the community, etc. The white towel or other cover means that there is no bias that happens when the mug shot is released.

But why not try to do something different than shooting first? Doesn't she have a lot of training for all different kinds of situations?
I guess she will have to explain it at trial. She should have been paying attention to where she was going to begin with, and not go into an apartment that wasn't hers. Especially being a police officer, they are supposed to be observant of their surroundings.

Last edited:

I think that that was one of the earlier just when it happened reports.

But why not try to do something different than shooting first? Doesn't she have a lot of training for all different kinds of situations? This whole thing is such a sad deal.

If she had not had a gun, she would have walked away, and called someone, like the police.

If it happened like that, she had time to decide what to do, and she decided to go in, guns blazing. There is something wrong with someone like that. That poor guy never had a chance.

Or, more likely, she has had time to develop a defense that somehow is justifiable. I don't buy it.

I think that that was one of the earlier just when it happened reports.
How could it possibly be from when it just happened reports when article starts with information that was revealed on Sunday. Today is Sunday. The shooting didn't happen on Sunday. This is a new article with new information.
It also has information about 911 call.

"The Dallas police officer who killed 26-year-old Botham Jean in his own apartment got inside because the door wasn’t locked, a law enforcement official said Sunday."

How could it possibly be from when it just happened reports when article starts with information that was revealed on Sunday. Today is Sunday. The shooting didn't happen on Sunday. This is a new article with new information.
It also has information about 911 call.

"The Dallas police officer who killed 26-year-old Botham Jean in his own apartment got inside because the door wasn’t locked, a law enforcement official said Sunday."
It’s dated and time stamped as posted an hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed