TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noise complaints made by someone who lived downstairs from Mr. Jean:

“Merritt did reveal that the same day as the shooting, someone in the apartment immediately below Jean’s — which happens to be Guyger’s place of residence — made a noise complaint about Jean’s apartment; furthermore, he said, it was not the first noise complaint.”
Everything We Know About the Off-Duty Cop Who Shot and Killed Her Black Neighbor

Now THIS is interesting.

Savage, though. Geez. Terrible, terrible motive.

Both stories clearly can’t be true. IMO, the door ajar story was put forth to make it seem like she didn’t force illegal entry into someone else’s home before opening fire. If the door was ajar she didn’t have a giant flashing neon sign telling her she was not at her own door and her “confusion” story seems more plausible.

People in the apartment complex say that you can't leave the doors ajar. They automatically close. Has the media covered that yet? I know I've seen it somewhere but I don't remember if I've seen someone deliberately TRY to leave it ajar.

Like hotel room doors close on their own too. However, if you hold onto it until it almost closes you can sometimes keep it from shutting. Or use the bar lock at the top to keep it ajar. Do these doors have that?

Noise complaints made by someone who lived downstairs from Mr. Jean:

“Merritt did reveal that the same day as the shooting, someone in the apartment immediately below Jean’s — which happens to be Guyger’s place of residence — made a noise complaint about Jean’s apartment; furthermore, he said, it was not the first noise complaint.”
Everything We Know About the Off-Duty Cop Who Shot and Killed Her Black Neighbor
Interesting...
In an interview on CNN, Merritt argued that Jean’s door could not have been ajar, as doors in the apartment complex building close automatically.

Snip:
The neighborhood street in East Arlington is lined with houses built in the 1950’s.

Most of them, according to a resident of five years, are rentals now.

For the past week, the residents along Kelly Terrace have noticed police cars patrolling the area. What some of them never knew until Tuesday brought surprise.

The family home where a criminally accused Dallas Police officer lived as a teenager sits in the middle of their section of Kelly Terrace.

The story about Guyger’s arrest came as a shock to Noel Anderson. Anderson lives next door to Guyger’s mother.

The Arlington resident said Tuesday he has lived in his home for 20 years.

“It’s the saddest thing, because I think that family has known hardship, and they kind of keep to themselves,” Anderson said.

The neighbor said the family was known as animal lovers. Guyger graduated from Sam Houston High School in 2008, according to an Arlington ISD spokesman.

Other neighbors said they didn’t see Guyger in the area as much as they saw a young man, presumably, the officer’s brother.

“He was in the Navy. He’s here a lot,” Anderson explained.

But when it came to describing the Dallas police officer’s years in the neighborhood, Anderson said the police presence of the past week now made sense.

“In the past couple of days, I’ve more police cars on this street. One parked in front of my house, and one last night had a search light going in all directions. And for this to happen, it’s a tragedy at every side. Everybody gets hurt,” he said. End Snip:

Neighbors From Amber Guyger's Childhood React To Deadly Shooting Of Innocent Man

I read that two witnesses heard her say "let me in" twice. The second time she said it in an elevated voice. They heard the shots, then a male voice say "why did you do that?" Then silence.

My god. How chilling. RIP dear man. : (

She said the door was ajar - why was she asking to be let in?
She had some beef with him. What was it, why?
Was she high? What on earth...

*Amateur opinion and speculation*

As the parent of a 20-something professional singer who still lives with us, I will tell you that singing that is audible through walls, doors, the garage, the closed car, from the driveway, day in and day out can DRIVE YOU CRAZY no matter how much you love the person and how wonderful the voice. If there were noise complaints I can almost guarantee you it was the singing. That sure makes it look a lot more like premeditation though.

Now, she is getting special treatment, police protection.

Your tax dollars at work. Protecting a crazed killer, gun toting "elite", psycho chick who yells at a man, and shoots him in the dark. In his own home!

This is a race issue, if he had been a white, old man, this would have never made the news....buried, and "carry on".

Snip:
There are two mystery witnesses coming forward who are contracting the Dallas police officer’s account of the night she walked into the wrong apartment and fatally shot a man.

Moments before 26-year-old Botham Jean was shot and killed Thursday night by off-duty DPD Officer Amber Guyger, two women say they heard banging and shouts of "Let me in."

The two witnesses are sisters. They told their contradictory story to the civil attorneys representing Jean's family. They will now tell their stories to investigators trying to gather all the information they can to present a full picture of what happened to a grand jury.

The Dallas County DA’s Office and the Texas Rangers will interview the two women who we are told have a different account of what happened before Jean was shot in his apartment by Guyger, who says she thought she was at her apartment encountering a burglar.

The Dallas County DA’s Office and the Texas Rangers will interview the two women who we are told have a different account of what happened before Jean was shot in his apartment by Guyger, who says she thought she was at her apartment encountering a burglar. End Snip:
New witnesses contradict Dallas officer's story in Botham Jean shooting

As the parent of a 20-something professional singer who still lives with us, I will tell you that singing that is audible through walls, doors, the garage, the closed car, from the driveway, day in and day out can DRIVE YOU CRAZY no matter how much you love the person and how wonderful the voice. If there were noise complaints I can almost guarantee you it was the singing. That sure makes it look a lot more like premeditation though.

I am leaning towards premeditation. Her story is, on the surface, a relatively good one, and could have easily been planned.

Long shift, 15 hours—exhausted out of her mind, “disoriented”, even. Only lived there a month, so still “new”. Accidentally went to the wrong floor, but since she lives right below him (evidently?) she is able to go to the same location as where her apartment would have been on the floor below and claim she thought it was hers.

Makes up a reason why she was able to get in with the wrong key. (Door ajar). Makes up the story about the apartment being dark. Immediately calls 911 after the shooting to admit her “mistake”.

She was probably hoping that as a cop she could get off easy. However, she was pretty stupid if the neighbors heard her yelling through the door, and also pretty stupid if it was on record she was complaining about noise. And, well, she killed the guy, which is the ultimate stupidity.

Now, she is getting special treatment, police protection.

Your tax dollars at work. Protecting a crazed killer, gun toting "elite", psycho chick who yells at a man, and shoots him in the dark. In his own home!

This is a race issue, if he had been a white, old man, this would have never made the news....buried, and "carry on".

Why does everything have to be about race? We don’t know this was race. And it doesn’t matter. A crazy idiot cop killed an innocent man. It doesn’t make it any worse or any better as far as the color of the skin of either of them. Murder is ALWAYS horrible.

Hello! I've finally been able to reset my password and I'm glad rejoin you, friends. I'm sorry it's under these circumstances. I've read every post and have been following the case closely. I'm heartbroken for Botham and his family.

I had a feeling there might be a history of noise complaints. I honestly think that might be what does Amber in at the end of this. I sure hope I'm right! What a sick person she is.

Another thing is, how reckless of her to shoot into the darkness like she claims to have done! Either she saw Botham and shot him, or she really thought she was in the dark in her own apartment, and was potentially shooting a maintenance worker or family member. That's just irresponsible and reckless behavior, and she certainly should not have access to firearms. But now that we're hearing about noise complaints, my mind is going to darker places. I never wanted to murder my past neighbors, but I really lost my temper a few times because of noise at night. It can do a number on you. I'm not sympathetic of her AT ALL, but I can see how a reckless, sick person could do what she did because of ongoing noise issues in an apartment.

No matter why she did this, I hope she's in prison for a very long time.

OT: Mariel, my son was a 20 something musician almost 15 years ago. I though the music was going to drive me nuts, he practiced day in and day out. There is no longer the sound of music, it died with him on 10/09/03 in an auto accident. Revel in the sounds of your child singing!!! Enjoy every second!!! Bless you.

I would agree in an apartment.
In a house with a doggie door to go to the back yard, or a garage to enter it's different. An apartment? That's not okay. I have 2 dogs, one of whom is old and not very active. I wouldn't even leave her home alone that long.

Really if she has a dog that raises even MORE questions. No mention of worrying, not hearing, not smelling, not seeing, thinking the dog had been contained, finding the dog, thinking the dog had been killed.... how is the dog not mentioned.

I realize not everybody treats their dogs like royalty like I do. But there is no mention of the dog in her statement. Seriously? How?

Difficult to imagine, but maybe she crated her dog while she was gone. I hate that!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article218154635.html

Merritt said that two witnesses, who are sisters and residents of the apartment complex, gave statements that contradict the affidavit.
“One happened to be in a quiet room reading a book so she was in the best position to hear things,” Merritt said. “She heard pounding at the door. The other one (witness) was in the living room (of her own apartment) watching TV. She also heard the same pounding at the door.”
He said the key witness, who was reading the book, heard shouting.
“She heard, ‘Let me in!’ followed by ‘Let me in!’ in an elevated tone and then she heard more pounding at the door,” Merritt said. “Then shortly thereafter she heard gunshots.”
The witness went to her sister’s apartment to see what was going on and found her sister outside investigating the gunshots, Merritt said. The witness grabbed her sister and urged her not to continue investigating.
“The sister says, ‘No. It’s OK, I see a law enforcement officer,’ thinking this was probably a controlled situation,” Merritt said.
He said one of the witnesses said she heard what were likely Jean’s final words after the gunshots. “Which was, ‘Oh my God, why did you do that?’ and there was nothing heard after,” Merritt said.

Still no excuse

If you kill someone because of their noise, then it becomes MURDER, not manslaughter

And add falsifying a police report

Dallas LE. You have a lot riding on getting the truth out there and charging her appropriately for the crime she committed

I don’t think we have heard the truth yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads