TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, the noise complaints are key -- if in fact she had complained of his noise that very morning. Now after working a long shift she is tired and exhausted. Perhaps she decided to confront him and warn him (threaten) to be quiet so she could get some rest. When she pounded on his door and he did not immediately open, her anger raged! I'm not buying her story. None of it adds up or makes any sense in my opinion.

Noise complaints made by someone who lived downstairs from Mr. Jean:

“Merritt did reveal that the same day as the shooting, someone in the apartment immediately below Jean’s — which happens to be Guyger’s place of residence — made a noise complaint about Jean’s apartment; furthermore, he said, it was not the first noise complaint.”
Everything We Know About the Off-Duty Cop Who Shot and Killed Her Black Neighbor
BINGO. Hot head with a gun goes upstairs to confront noisy neighbor. We know the end result.
Now *this* makes sense.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

Snip:
University of Texas-Dallas criminologist and professor John Worrall said Dallas police officials have taken steps to keep their work and data open to the public.

"As big departments go throughout the country, I've been really surprised at how open they've been with their data," Worrall said Tuesday.

The shooting of Jean happened about 10 p.m. Thursday night. Within seven hours, police released a statement that the officer erred by entering Jean's apartment. Hall then held a press conference early Friday afternoon during which she acknowledged that "there are more questions than we have answers," but also said authorities were seeking to arrest Guyger for manslaughter. She said that the officer was being tested for drugs and alcohol and that the Texas Rangers would conduct an independent investigation. She added that she had spoken to Jean's sister to express condolences to the family.

Police released Guyger's name Saturday after local media began reporting it, and she was charged with manslaughter Sunday. By Monday, four days after the shooting, Dallas County District Attorney Faith Johnson gathered at a news conference with members of Jean's family.

Not everyone is pleased with the response in Dallas. Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Jean family, said Guyger should have been arrested the night of the shooting and she should have left the apartment complex in handcuffs. Guyger was free until her arrest Sunday and has since posted bond and been released.

Alex Piquero, professor of criminology at the University of Texas at Dallas, said investigations can be a lengthy, laborious process that may not bring an immediate arrest.

"Whether they charge the person five minutes after it happened, five hours or five days, the outcome is still the same, the charge happened," Piquero told The Associated Press. End Snip.
Proactive response by Dallas leaders helps stymie large-scale protests over man's shooting death
Did Amber Guyger get special treatment as a Dallas officer after she shot Botham Jean? | Dallas Police | Dallas News

Snip:
A Dallas Police officer was arrested by Rowlett Police for driving while intoxicated on Tuesday, September 11.

Dallas Police said Officer Ashely Parmely is on administrative leave pending and internal affairs investigation.

Officer Parmely has been with the department since June 2015 and is assigned to the North Central Patrol Division.

CBS 11 is working to gather additional information.
Dallas Police Officer Arrested For DWI
Dallas Police Dept (@DallasPD) on Twitter
DPD is obviously not the Pd of the year. How long ago was it Brown asked all and everybody to come apply to his dept to help him before he retired?

Jmo

In my opinion, the noise complaints are key -- if in fact she had complained of his noise that very morning. Now after working a long shift she is tired and exhausted. Perhaps she decided to confront him and warn him (threaten) to be quiet so she could get some rest. When she pounded on his door and he did not immediately open, her anger raged! I'm not buying her story. None of it adds up or makes any sense in my opinion.

Yes, this also makes “sense” whereas nothing she seems to have said has. This is a motive and negates the entire “wrong apartment” theory.

Good grief...I have lived in a pretty “lively” complex these four years...no one has been murdered over loud music, heavy walking, or whatever. I was nearly driven crazy by the man next door having left his motorized bed (??) running for five days straight last week, right against my wall. Instead of killing him, I lost a lot of sleep.

I am not sure that she can be denied her freedom of speech. Unless a court tells her to shut up, when if she keeps on she can be charged with contempt of court, why try to silence her. I thought that Americans were big on freedom of speech.

I more meant for her safety. She’s openly sharing her apt # and the one thing Americans love more than free speech and guns are cops. She’s 100% brave and bold and on the side of reightiousness IMO but that just so happens to be against the blue and that’s a dangerous predicament for a young woman in Texas.

It has gone from a 12 hour shift to a 15 hour shift.

I don't care. It could be 24 hours. I have zero sympathy for the justifications and "Pity Party/Hero Worship" spin story for the killer.

The most outrageous part of this situation is the search warrant of the victim's residence. Trying to really find something...

Dallas PD obviously is standing behind the killer. She hasn't been fired yet.

Hello! I've finally been able to reset my password and I'm glad rejoin you, friends. I'm sorry it's under these circumstances. I've read every post and have been following the case closely. I'm heartbroken for Botham and his family.

I had a feeling there might be a history of noise complaints. I honestly think that might be what does Amber in at the end of this. I sure hope I'm right! What a sick person she is.

Another thing is, how reckless of her to shoot into the darkness like she claims to have done! Either she saw Botham and shot him, or she really thought she was in the dark in her own apartment, and was potentially shooting a maintenance worker or family member. That's just irresponsible and reckless behavior, and she certainly should not have access to firearms. But now that we're hearing about noise complaints, my mind is going to darker places. I never wanted to murder my past neighbors, but I really lost my temper a few times because of noise at night. It can do a number on you. I'm not sympathetic of her AT ALL, but I can see how a reckless, sick person could do what she did because of ongoing noise issues in an apartment.

No matter why she did this, I hope she's in prison for a very long time.
Hi! I'm happy to see you!

I don't care. It could be 24 hours. I have zero sympathy for the justifications and "Pity Party/Hero Worship" spin story for the killer.

The most outrageous part of this situation is the search warrant of the victim's residence. Trying to really find something...

Dallas PD obviously is standing behind the killer. She hasn't been fired yet.
It really angered Australians when Justine Damond was shot dead and the police searched her home looking for dirt on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member