TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on what seems like my 100th listen to the 911 call:

B - Yes I’m in the middle of a field, a siper just perched some guys over. We’re out here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There’s one car here. The guy’s taken to the woods. Please hurry.

D - Okay. Now run that by me one more

B – There’s one not talking to ‘em. I accidentally ran into ‘em.

D – Ahhhh you ran into ‘em, okay

(another voice saying something unintelligible, sounds like 2 words maybe?)

B - We got the first guy.

D – Do you need an ambulance? (I hear voices under the dispatcher’s voice, can’t tell if one or two voices, I can make out the words “I got”)

(another voice says yeah)

B - No I need the cops

The noise in between “Is anybody hurt?” and the “hellos” doesn’t sound like cars to me, it sounds like heavy breathing. Like he's running.

The word that sounds like “perched” - does a Texas accent make “pushed” sound like “purshed”? As if an r is added in? Or instead of "perched (pushed) some guys over" perhaps "perchin' (pushin') guys over".

If he was N of Bronte on 277 (walking?) that would put him on the Sheriff's own property which is a little over one square mile to his farmland. How ironic would it be if he made it that far (which is right by the Snipes Gas station.) Sorry I don't know how to post maps but I just Googled it. I wish we knew where the new cell phone ping was located and what I don't understand is how it is "new" and different from what the police obtained in their search? Does anyone know?

If he got a ride which put him 10 minutes up the road he would be N of Bronte.
All we know is he said 10 minutes up the road. We're assuming the 10 minutes is walking time.

New cell phone ping is 3 miles from the truck. We don't know which direction. I'm no expert on pings and such but it's talked about in a lot of MP cases here. A ping is a signal that bounces off a cell phone tower. If there are lots of towers around then a semi accurate area can be given based on triangulation of these multiple towers. If only one tower is nearby it will only give a large radius of where the phone may have been. (like a 10 or 20 mile radius-what have you) GPS is totally different. GPS gives an exact location to within a few feet to my understanding. Which is why I'm assuming the new ping data is actually GPS since they are saying accurate to within 2 yards. It's different. Ping gives a general location based on the tower the phone signal bounces off of. GPS is satellite I believe and gives an exact (within feet) location.

Don't quote me on any of this. It's just to the best of my knowledge.

And I agree, and it's what I keep asking. If LL and her PI could get GPS data from Verizon why didn't LE/The Ranger do this?

As of now, the investigation has been put on hold until the Coke County Sheriff's department believes there is probable cause.

Probably cause for what? A search?

I am not one to usually toss off a reporter who writes for a public office but after reading all the inconsistencies that the Sheriff's wife has written, I don't think I can put much faith in what she is writing. Have you read the comments on the www.missingbrandonlawson.com page regarding her media reports? They added screenshots of conflicting reports. I think this case should be investigated by some authority outside of Coke County, maybe then some case facts will be known that is consistent with date/times/locations. It's a crying shame he could be out there in the fields/woods somewhere while media and police scratch their heads trying to figure out where he could be and then throw their hands up in the air as if he'll show up on his own? Maybe at best we have to hope a wild animal shows up with a femur bone and then maybe he will get the attention? SSG

My understanding is the new ping/gps data is precise to within 2 yards. It has to be gps which gives a very specific location where pings are just general areas. They have an exact location to search based on his last communication. This is crucial! This is huge!! And it's outside the previous search areas. It means Brandon and/or his phone was definitely at that location that night. I believe it's on private property so unfortunately they can't just go there without owner permission.

I want to know why LE isn't doing it? Why didn't LE get this info from Verizon?

I ask the same! Why not knock the door and ask the homeowner? It's a small tight town and I'm sure they would allow the Sheriff on the property?

More confusion! It did say that the search done was not in the right area. Now that I remember reading as I found it very interesting that they would search somewhere that was not from a ping? In one of the comments on FaceBook the mod said they searched only one side of the road and I found that strange too. I tried to find that comment but have not been able to find it. :tantrum:

Ping data gives a general location. GPS gives exact. I don't know for a fact that the new "ping" data is actually GPS but I'm pretty sure since LL said it's accurate to within 2 yards.

It's different. LE got ping/LL and her PI just got GPS. This is new info and IMO LE should be at this location searching like asap.

Yes there are scattered houses. And yes he may have gone onto someone's property and something happened there. I keep think about when he says "on both sides". Are we sure that's what he's saying and how does that make any sense? They need to check this new ping location before anything IMO.

I tried to look up street names that sound like "on-both-sides." My gut was telling me after I heard the call, for the 20-th time, that maybe it was a street name? Kinda like saying "My truck ran out of gas, going towards Abiline on Merriweather St." But I couldn't find any street names around where he ran out of gas that was close enough or sounded like "on both sides?"

My take on what seems like my 100th listen to the 911 call:

B - Yes I’m in the middle of a field, a siper just perched some guys over. We’re out here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There’s one car here. The guy’s taken to the woods. Please hurry.

D - Okay. Now run that by me one more

B – There’s one not talking to ‘em. I accidentally ran into ‘em.

D – Ahhhh you ran into ‘em, okay

(another voice saying something unintelligible, sounds like 2 words maybe?)

B - We got the first guy.

D – Do you need an ambulance? (I hear voices under the dispatcher’s voice, can’t tell if one or two voices, I can make out the words “I got”)

(another voice says yeah)

B - No I need the cops

The noise in between “Is anybody hurt?” and the “hellos” doesn’t sound like cars to me, it sounds like heavy breathing. Like he's running.

The word that sounds like “perched” - does a Texas accent make “pushed” sound like “purshed”? As if an r is added in? Or instead of "perched (pushed) some guys over" perhaps "perchin' (pushin') guys over".

This is pretty much what I hear.

I am not one to usually toss off a reporter who writes for a public office but after reading all the inconsistencies that the Sheriff's wife has written, I don't think I can put much faith in what she is writing. Have you read the comments on the www.missingbrandonlawson.com page regarding her media reports? They added screenshots of conflicting reports. I think this case should be investigated by some authority outside of Coke County, maybe then some case facts will be known that is consistent with date/times/locations. It's a crying shame he could be out there in the fields/woods somewhere while media and police scratch their heads trying to figure out where he could be and then throw their hands up in the air as if he'll show up on his own? Maybe at best we have to hope a wild animal shows up with a femur bone and then maybe he will get the attention? SSG

LOL well said.

I ask the same! Why not knock the door and ask the homeowner? It's a small tight town and I'm sure they would allow the Sheriff on the property?

And if not, they could easily get a search warrant given the new ping/gps data.

I know there's been lots of talk about the home/land owners not cooperating out there and I think that's mostly BS. I'm sure they would cooperate with LE. LE and/or a SAR group needs to be the ones to search NOT LL or the public. But if it were me and LE wouldn't do it, then you bet ya I would find a way to find my loved one.

LE/The Ranger needs to hop on this new info like yesterday IMO.

Above part BBM.

Nannymo, I hope I didn't offend you by the theory that someone could have harmed him while he was on their property. I'm from the south, so I know most people here would help someone, too. I'm just trying to think through every possibility, ya know?

Honestly, my opinion is that Brandon would have tried to walk to the gas station to at least meet Kyle there, and then hitch a ride back with him to his truck. I'm assuming he didn't just go to the gas station without calling Kyle because he didn't have a gas can. IMO, it's seeming more and more apparent that, unless he WAS on something that night, he came upon someone/people (or someone/people came upon him) and harmed him for some reason.

A thought just crossed my mind after reading your comment. What if someone else was already with Brandon before he ran out of gas? Maybe someone else is the second voice? Someone said there is a 15 min lapse of time? Maybe he picked up a friend and the two of them encountered someone on the road? Maybe he decided against going all the way to his dad's house with having to drive all the way back from work? That also would explain his comment of "we're not talking to 'em?" And what if out of fear of whatever the friend has not come forward? And what if "the friend" is who hurt him? I wonder if they could map his whereabouts from the cell pings to see if it was a straight drive to where he ran out of gas?

Reposting this older timeline from a private investigator (bringing it forward from first page of thread)...

https://m.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson/posts/148087428733673

Is this where the PG made the comment? I just saw something interesting. It says "08/10/2013 Ladessa was told by Misty, sheriff’s dispatcher, that there were two 911 calls made the night before by Brandon. She indicated that the call was in-and-out due to bad reception."
Two calls by Brandon? When I hear his tape I heard him say "I told you" and my first thought was something cut out of the call but this adds more confusion? If there was a second, or first, ,911 call from Brandon what time was it made? Where is that tape? Why would her private investigator say this if not true?

Does this mean that KL told the Deputy that Brandon was 10 minutes up the road? (Which would mean North and about 3 miles in 10 minutes if he was running?)

08/09/2013 1:18 AM Kyle and Audrey (Kyle’s girlfriend) went to Brandon’s truck and called Brandon on the way to find his exact location. Kyle spoke with Brandon and states it sounded like Brandon was running through brush, and “scuffling around out in the brush.” He told Kyle to “just hurry up and get here” then he hung up. Audrey called Brandon and he stated, “Audg (her nickname) I’m fu***** bleeding.” Kyle and Audrey found Brandon’s truck on the road and saw that law enforecement was arriving at the truck at the same time, Coke Co Sheriff’s Officer. They had bad signal but called Brandon again and Kyle asked Brandon where he was and Brandon told Kyle he was “10 minutes up the road”. Kyle and Audrey were at the truck south of 277 with Coke County Chief Deputy Brandon Neal as Deputy Chris Fox was checking north on 277. Kyle and Audrey had a bad connection with Brandon and tried to text him. Kyle and Audrey went up the road, parked, and waited. After no response, they had text him and said, “The police are at your truck.” https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=148087428733673&id=137648549777561&p=10

I tried to look up street names that sound like "on-both-sides." My gut was telling me after I heard the call, for the 20-th time, that maybe it was a street name? Kinda like saying "My truck ran out of gas, going towards Abiline on Merriweather St." But I couldn't find any street names around where he ran out of gas that was close enough or sounded like "on both sides?"

Haha! I did the same and like you came up empty.

Does this mean that KL told the Deputy that Brandon was 10 minutes up the road? (Which would mean North and about 3 miles in 10 minutes if he was running?)

08/09/2013 1:18 AM Kyle and Audrey (Kyle’s girlfriend) went to Brandon’s truck and called Brandon on the way to find his exact location. Kyle spoke with Brandon and states it sounded like Brandon was running through brush, and “scuffling around out in the brush.” He told Kyle to “just hurry up and get here” then he hung up. Audrey called Brandon and he stated, “Audg (her nickname) I’m fu***** bleeding.” Kyle and Audrey found Brandon’s truck on the road and saw that law enforecement was arriving at the truck at the same time, Coke Co Sheriff’s Officer. They had bad signal but called Brandon again and Kyle asked Brandon where he was and Brandon told Kyle he was “10 minutes up the road”. Kyle and Audrey were at the truck south of 277 with Coke County Chief Deputy Brandon Neal as Deputy Chris Fox was checking north on 277. Kyle and Audrey had a bad connection with Brandon and tried to text him. Kyle and Audrey went up the road, parked, and waited. After no response, they had text him and said, “The police are at your truck.” https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=148087428733673&id=137648549777561&p=10

No. It's my understanding that he did not say anything to the Deputy about being in communication with Brandon while at the truck. After the Deputy left they started looking for him.

Is this where the PG made the comment? I just saw something interesting. It says "08/10/2013 Ladessa was told by Misty, sheriff’s dispatcher, that there were two 911 calls made the night before by Brandon. She indicated that the call was in-and-out due to bad reception."
Two calls by Brandon? When I hear his tape I heard him say "I told you" and my first thought was something cut out of the call but this adds more confusion? If there was a second, or first, ,911 call from Brandon what time was it made? Where is that tape? Why would her private investigator say this if not true?

Good question. That's why I feel both sides are not being totally honest. :banghead:

I think it's odd that the Sheriff's wife runs their local paper. Seems it would be a conflict of interest IMO.

There is no wonder so much confusion. Add to the media reporting as inconsistent and even her PI is putting information out that is inconsistent, yet the PI is the one that wrote it on the timeline? He wrote that the truck was 4.5 miles NORTH of Bronte when it was SOUTH. He wrote that LL found out about 911 direct from the dispatcher, yet in all media (and mbl site) it says that LL learned of 911 calls herself while itemizing a phone record on Tuesday after he went missing?

08/09/2013 Approx 5:00 AM Ladessa called police station to report the truck had been found in Bronte, TX 4 ½ miles N of Bronte, ¼ of a block from the rest stop (not a truck stop, no fuel stations, no restrooms, just picnic tables.) Ladessa told dispatch that a family member ran out of gas and gave location. She was calling to see if there was an update.

08/10/2013 Ladessa was told by Misty, sheriff’s dispatcher, that there were two 911 calls made the night before by Brandon. She indicated that the call was in-and-out due to bad reception.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=148087428733673&id=137648549777561&p=330&refid=52

There is no wonder so much confusion. Add to the media reporting as inconsistent and even her PI is putting information out that is inconsistent, yet the PI is the one that wrote it on the timeline? He wrote that the truck was 4.5 miles NORTH of Bronte when it was SOUTH. He wrote that LL found out about 911 direct from the dispatcher, yet in all media (and mbl site) it says that LL learned of 911 calls herself while itemizing a phone record on Tuesday after he went missing?

08/09/2013 Approx 5:00 AM Ladessa called police station to report the truck had been found in Bronte, TX 4 ½ miles N of Bronte, ¼ of a block from the rest stop (not a truck stop, no fuel stations, no restrooms, just picnic tables.) Ladessa told dispatch that a family member ran out of gas and gave location. She was calling to see if there was an update.

08/10/2013 Ladessa was told by Misty, sheriff’s dispatcher, that there were two 911 calls made the night before by Brandon. She indicated that the call was in-and-out due to bad reception.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=148087428733673&id=137648549777561&p=330&refid=52

Crazy isn't it? BTW I think LL's PI is a she :)

But yes, it seems nobody can get the facts straight! And we wonder why Brandon hasn't been found? What a fumbled up mess!!

Where was it that I read about the Sheriff having property near where BL was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee