TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will look for links in morning to crushed cell. Good Night all!

At this point in time I don't put any worth into that "paper."

Having read through that paper's online articles/editorials I would not put journalism at the top of the list for qualities of that publication. There was about a half page rant about the need for more money and pay for the sheriff's department last fall. Especially the pay. There are also many statements made in "news" stories that are simply comments without any sources...such as the recanting of the story by Brandon's family members.

I was wondering why the newspaper's graphic of the truck location was so far off. Now I'm suspicious. I think something else happened at that location and it was later misidentified as the spot where the truck was abandoned. Looking around the street view at that point you'll see a driveway which has lights on the gateposts. It's on the west side of 277. It would have been an ideal place for Brandon to wait for someone since there was some light there. He could be seen if he wanted to be. He could also see anyone who stopped there. It's just about the right walking distance for his "10 minutes" if he were walking a little slower or perhaps through a field rather than along the highway.

Back in Aug 2013 she talks about him never home and a truck driver and always not around and when he comes back he takes off to see friends. The post she said was preg when she saw truck that night and that is why she didn't stop but called her mom and had her mom call it in. That made me wonder if she was with her hubby/truck driver and he is the 911 call? No mention she is preg to friends until Dec with baby pregnant with now. Only thought I had is if she was only weeks preg in Aug and had miscarriage but the way she "tells all" I would think that would have been on her wall too. Just something not right and add to that she removed that comment too? Says she may be reading here? If so maybe she can sign on and explain?

Did she ever say why she was out that way late that night? Perhaps you are right and she was with her trucker/bf/hubby and wasn't supposed to be and was on the phone with her Mom and had her call it in so they wouldn't get in trouble? Fishy for sure.

Back in Aug 2013 she talks about him never home and a truck driver and always not around and when he comes back he takes off to see friends. The post she said was preg when she saw truck that night and that is why she didn't stop but called her mom and had her mom call it in. That made me wonder if she was with her hubby/truck driver and he is the 911 call? No mention she is preg to friends until Dec with baby pregnant with now. Only thought I had is if she was only weeks preg in Aug and had miscarriage but the way she "tells all" I would think that would have been on her wall too. Just something not right and add to that she removed that comment too? Says she may be reading here? If so maybe she can sign on and explain?

I apologize. I read on his that he currently works in the oilfield. I will see if I can find for which company and when. She doesn't say it on hers but I noticed he is gone a lot from her comments.

See...this is exactly why family should not be searching! I guess if LE won't they don't have much choice. Did she wear gloves and put it in a plastic ziploc baggie? I doubt it. Grrr......

I should hope she has already turned it in! I understand a bit as I do have friends who do not put much trust in the LE. But this kid has been gone for such a long time, if I was out there and find another cell phone???
Double freakin' grrrr....

Having read through that paper's online articles/editorials I would not put journalism at the top of the list for qualities of that publication. There was about a half page rant about the need for more money and pay for the sheriff's department last fall. Especially the pay. There are also many statements made in "news" stories that are simply comments without any sources...such as the recanting of the story by Brandon's family members.

I was wondering why the newspaper's graphic of the truck location was so far off. Now I'm suspicious. I think something else happened at that location and it was later misidentified as the spot where the truck was abandoned. Looking around the street view at that point you'll see a driveway which has lights on the gateposts. It's on the west side of 277. It would have been an ideal place for Brandon to wait for someone since there was some light there. He could be seen if he wanted to be. He could also see anyone who stopped there. It's just about the right walking distance for his "10 minutes" if he were walking a little slower or perhaps through a field rather than along the highway.

I also saw it mentioned that during the search they found (or think they found) the spot he was at 10 minutes up the road or the field. Maybe that is what she marked on the map as LKP (last known place) but mistakenly put - vehicle after that? So much is guessing in this case!

I should hope she has already turned it in! I understand a bit as I do have friends who do not put much trust in the LE. But this kid has been gone for such a long time, if I was out there and find another cell phone???
Double freakin' grrrr....

It doesn't really matter at this point. If she picked it up it wouldn't be admissible in court for fingerprints or anything like that. Best to not touch it and call LE if you find something and let them collect it properly.

I also saw it mentioned that during the search they found (or think they found) the spot he was at 10 minutes up the road or the field. Maybe that is what she marked on the map as LKP (last known place) but mistakenly put - vehicle after that? So much is guessing in this case!
Thank you! That does make sense.

:seeya: I know I'm surely way off, but I'll add my take (without the dispatch parts) after listening to the slow version on youtube:

Yes I'm in the middle of a field. A ? (sounds like Skyper?) just pushed some guys over

Right here going towards Abilene on both sides

My truck ran out of gas

There's one car here it got taken through the woods

Please hurry

No we're not talking to 'em

I totally ran into 'em

Just the first guy (or Shot(!) the first guy)

Yea...No I need the cops

Ugh. So sad and feel so bad for him. When I listened to his call I wondered if the thickness in his voice was fear. It sounded like being in a nightmare, and you can't scream.

Ok, I have a thought about part of the conversation that is most important and hardest to make out...the _______ blanked some guys part.

What if he messed up his words and said a "sniper poached some guys" when what he meant was a "poacher sniped some guys." Meaning somebody was hunting illegally and accidentally or purposefully was shooting at people on both sides of the road. And Brandon just ran into them while this was happening and got chased into the woods or saw somebody get chased into the woods.

I don't think there is a second person who says "yeah," I think it is Brandon chuckling nervously, like "Heh-heh, no, I need the cops."

Ok, I have a thought about part of the conversation that is most important and hardest to make out...the _______ blanked some guys part.

What if he messed up his words and said a "sniper poached some guys" when what he meant was a "poacher sniped some guys." Meaning somebody was hunting illegally and accidentally or purposefully was shooting at people on both sides of the road. And Brandon just ran into them while this was happening and got chased into the woods or saw somebody get chased into the woods.

I don't think there is a second person who says "yeah," I think it is Brandon chuckling nervously, like "Heh-heh, no, I need the cops."

Okay new version. Just had my 17 and 18 year olds listen to 911 call. Neither one has a clue about the case. One of them said he is talking about the location. He's in the middle of a field at the state park two drives over".

I do not hear that at all, but isn't there a rest stop nearby? Aren't there long driveways? They both said he sounds under the influence and is slurring.

Just throwing it out there.

Okay new version. Just had my 17 and 18 year olds listen to 911 call. Neither one has a clue about the case. One of them said he is talking about the location. He's in the middle of a field at the state park two drives over".

I do not hear that at all, but isn't there a rest stop nearby? Aren't there long driveways? They both said he sounds under the influence and is slurring.

What I meant to say "at the state park just two drives over"

Is the part where he says "pushed two guys over" actually "just two drives over"?

There is only a picnic area. It is nothing more than a small shelter over a single picnic table and it's barely off of the roadway. It is also further south of where his pickup was found.

While we're throwing ideas out for consideration, how about this? I'm thinking that the 911 call has been edited. It seems to be a series of phrases out of context as if they have been scrambled from their original order. I've been playing around with the recording in an editing program. I don't have any answers yet, but I don't think I have the order correct yet either. I thought of this after someone posted here that the recording was not supposed to be released to the public which doesn't make a lot of sense. Could it be that this recording was given to LL only to make it appear that the recording had no clues? Possibly it would never have been released to her if she had not found the record of the 911 call from Brandon's phone? And now there is concern by someone because it seems obvious that the recording has had a lot of distribution and may reveal alterations to the original call? This is slightly reinforced by the fact that the released recording is not a direct dub of the original nor a copy of a digital file. That could cover obvious signs of alterations. Following is just a first attempt at re-ordering the phrases.

Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. My truck ran out of gas.

A staper just pushed some guys over on both sides.

Detectives got the first guy right here going toward Abilene. He got chased into the woods.

Kyle totally ran into them. And we're not talking to 'em.

And I can't talk.

Yeah, No I need the cops. Please Hurry.

While we're throwing ideas out for consideration, how about this? I'm thinking that the 911 call has been edited. It seems to be a series of phrases out of context as if they have been scrambled from their original order. I've been playing around with the recording in an editing program. I don't have any answers yet, but I don't think I have the order correct yet either. I thought of this after someone posted here that the recording was not supposed to be released to the public which doesn't make a lot of sense. Could it be that this recording was given to LL only to make it appear that the recording had no clues? Possibly it would never have been released to her if she had not found the record of the 911 call from Brandon's phone? And now there is concern by someone because it seems obvious that the recording has had a lot of distribution and may reveal alterations to the original call? This is slightly reinforced by the fact that the released recording is not a direct dub of the original nor a copy of a digital file. That could cover obvious signs of alterations. Following is just a first attempt at re-ordering the phrases.

Detectives got the first guy right here going toward Abilene. He got chased into the woods.

And I can't talk.

I thought I heard "Kyle" or "Ky" just ran ran in to them....like maybe he saw the 2 cops & when he says "they got a guy" he's meaning he saw the cops talking to Kyle & he thinks they got him. Idk it all seems so crazy it's almost unbelievable. Could Kyle have really found B & drove him somewhere in the time he was supposedly searching & now K is just covering his butt now? I mean he had from 120-130am til around 7-8am from when he is actually seen by anyone. Just a thought. Not saying K did anything to him per say but things don't add up with his version or any bodies really

And I can't talk.

Interesting thoughts. I really feel like we're not getting the whole story from both sides.

I keep thinking about the wording of a call or text being sent to B warning him that the cops were at his truck by a phone owned by A.

Why say it that way? Do they not know who actually sent it? One would naturally assume if it's her phone she sent it. Did K have a phone? Maybe not and all of this communication was via her phone?

K going to check on LL has always bothered me. Why? Why did he go check on her? Was she physically hurt? Is there more to the story?

I'm not sure why Brandon's parents would have Kyle check on Ladessa unless they were worried he had harmed her in some way, but then, I know I'm really close to my in-laws, so if my husband had called and told them we had gotten into a bad argument and he was leaving, one of them might call to check on me.

I tend to agree that we're not getting the whole story from either side. It sickens me to know that Brandon was out there somewhere, in need of help and bleeding, and Kyle just didn't say anything because he assumed that Brandon was hiding from LE. That's one part of the story I just don't get. Even if he thought Brandon might be hiding from LE, he had already told them to "get here now" and that he was bleeding, correct? Why not mention that to the officer? Did Kyle think once the officer left that he would be able to find Brandon and help him? Has it been said whether Kyle and Audrey looked for Brandon during those few hours until he talked to Ladessa or did they just go home?

I'm not sure why Brandon's parents would have Kyle check on Ladessa unless they were worried he had harmed her in some way, but then, I know I'm really close to my in-laws, so if my husband had called and told them we had gotten into a bad argument and he was leaving, one of them might call to check on me.

I tend to agree that we're not getting the whole story from either side. It sickens me to know that Brandon was out there somewhere, in need of help and bleeding, and Kyle just didn't say anything because he assumed that Brandon was hiding from LE. That's one part of the story I just don't get. Even if he thought Brandon might be hiding from LE, he had already told them to "get here now" and that he was bleeding, correct? Why not mention that to the officer? Did Kyle think once the officer left that he would be able to find Brandon and help him? Has it been said whether Kyle and Audrey looked for Brandon during those few hours until he talked to Ladessa or did they just go home?

Supposedly K and some of his coworkers looked for B until 4:30 am. Then at 7am he went and got gas and put it in the truck. What he did from 4:30-7am I have no idea.

Yes, absolutely K and A have some responsibility in this. Had they told the Deputy, B might have been found. He was alive when K and A and the Deputy were at the truck. IF the story is true. I'm just not so sure any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member