TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! This is my first post although I have been a longtime lurker and have read every page of this Brandon Lawson mystery. Like all of you I am completely dumbfounded.

One thing that really bugs me is most stories claim that he said he 'hit somebody' when in the 911 call he says 'ran into' which can have a totally different meaning. I ran into an old friend is much different from I hit an old friend

I have several questions I have not seen, or do not recall ever being answered.

In Brandon's 911 call he says he is in a field. He never gives any sort of indication where in a field and that would be impossible for them to even to figure out since the whole area is open land. So many people on the page keep saying the police ignored his call but they had no idea where to go. Supposedly a trucker called to report his truck and that is the call that was responded to.

1.Is it possible to get a recording of that 911 call?

2.Is there any indication that law enforcement tracked down the trucker and interviewed him to see if he noticed anything else that night?

3.Why have no dogs been used to search?

4.Why is Brandon's family not actively out in the media, searching for him, or doing anything that shows they are trying to find answers? (something very strange about that)

5.Brandon and Ladessa got into an argument, this article (http://thepolicenews.net/default.as...Group/home/NewsLetterID/40271/startrow/53.htm) from a few days ago has a comment from someone who says he was bleeding because he hit something in the home before he left. Has this been confirmed by anyone? Maybe he was trying to get to a hospital for stitches if it was bad enough. Was he traveling towards the nearest hospital?

6.In Brandon's 911 call it sounds like he could have said scraper which is a common piece of equipment on oil fields or it could be Stapert which is a last name. I searched for Staperts in Texas and there are a few but nothing stood out. It could also be a rushed State Trooper.

7.On the HFBL page it says supposedly Sheriff’s deputy says they saw the light from Brandon’s cell phone in the bushes, so did he get out his flashlight and shine it out there to see him better? If Brandon was close enough that he saw his light from his phone, surely a shine of a powerful police flashlight would reach him.

Welcome and thanks for joining us! I'll answer your questions from what I know (which may not be fact, as there are little in this case).

I am really bothered by all the articles claiming that B said he "hit" someone also. That is not what he said. Agreed, that the 911 dispatcher is not totally at fault. We can't make out what he's saying clearly and we've listened over and over and over. She got one shot at it.

1. She should be able to get a copy of the trucker 911 call through the Freedom of Information Act. I have no idea if this has been attempted. I believe LL said somewhere (I think blogtalk) that LE had talked to the trucker but she had not.

2. It is unknown what the trucker told LE from my understanding.

3. TEXSAR has used their highly trained dogs to search. One picked up a scent and the search was extended to the NE off this scent. Nothing was found.

4. Unsure why B's family isn't involved at this point.

5. No confirmation about Brandon hitting something that night before leaving the house, but I did see this comment. I'd like to know what he hit if true! Without more info I'm kind of brushing that off as rumor for now.

6. It really is hard to say exactly what he's saying on that part of the call.

7. I saw that about the Deputy seeing a light from B's phone then I read that was not true. Honestly if it were true I'm sure the Deputy would have at least grabbed the phone. Did he realize the stranded trucks owner had a warrant at that point? I also read (rumor) that the truck was not in B's name. Was he unable to register it due to the warrant?

Hi everyone! This is my first post although I have been a longtime lurker and have read every page of this Brandon Lawson mystery. Like all of you I am completely dumbfounded.

One thing that really bugs me is most stories claim that he said he 'hit somebody' when in the 911 call he says 'ran into' which can have a totally different meaning. I ran into an old friend is much different from I hit an old friend

I have several questions I have not seen, or do not recall ever being answered.

In Brandon's 911 call he says he is in a field. He never gives any sort of indication where in a field and that would be impossible for them to even to figure out since the whole area is open land. So many people on the page keep saying the police ignored his call but they had no idea where to go. Supposedly a trucker called to report his truck and that is the call that was responded to.

1.Is it possible to get a recording of that 911 call?

2.Is there any indication that law enforcement tracked down the trucker and interviewed him to see if he noticed anything else that night?

3.Why have no dogs been used to search?

4.Why is Brandon's family not actively out in the media, searching for him, or doing anything that shows they are trying to find answers? (something very strange about that)

5.Brandon and Ladessa got into an argument, this article (http://thepolicenews.net/default.as...Group/home/NewsLetterID/40271/startrow/53.htm) from a few days ago has a comment from someone who says he was bleeding because he hit something in the home before he left. Has this been confirmed by anyone? Maybe he was trying to get to a hospital for stitches if it was bad enough. Was he traveling towards the nearest hospital?

6.In Brandon's 911 call it sounds like he could have said scraper which is a common piece of equipment on oil fields or it could be Stapert which is a last name. I searched for Staperts in Texas and there are a few but nothing stood out. It could also be a rushed State Trooper.

7.On the HFBL page it says supposedly Sheriff’s deputy says they saw the light from Brandon’s cell phone in the bushes, so did he get out his flashlight and shine it out there to see him better? If Brandon was close enough that he saw his light from his phone, surely a shine of a powerful police flashlight would reach him.

Referring to your comment about the last name Stapert. On BL's FB page there is a friend by the last name Cypert.

I'm trying to think of reasons LE would not approve the SAR team coming in to search in this new ping area.

They know B is alive?
They don't approve of the SAR group?
The person that owns the property doesn't want them searching?
They are pissed at Ladessa for releasing the 911 tape?
They have not seen the proof of/or don't trust the new ping data?
They are some how involved?

What other reasons could there be?

I wonder....

a. I wonder where he was going, and I'm assuming he knows the area well enough to know that there was a 24 hour gas station 3 miles up the road. I would have just walked there and got gas. Seems odd.

b. I wonder if he was going to get rid of some drugs, many drug dealers have a separate prepaid phone that can't be traced.

He might have had a bunch of meth to get rid of because Ladessa threatened to turn him in during the argument or he was going to turn himself in soon. From many accounts it says he was a known drug dealer.

I remember reading that during a search his Aunt found a t-shirt and a smashed cell phone. If that was his drug dealing phone there are obvious reasons why he would smash it and leave it, and why the Aunt would not turn it over to police as evidence. Perhaps it was a drug deal gone wrong and he was kidnapped, shot, stabbed, etc.

c. He could have not planned on the route he took but maybe he tried to rob someone during a drug deal, and drove off, they chased him, and then he ran out of gas and quickly exited the car and ran into the woods, where he was eventually found and something bad happened.

d. He is a repeat offender and Texas is known for harsh sentences. He could have very well left on purpose but that is one thing I highly doubt.

huh!!!!?????

On post #922 the 6th question about last names Stapert. I just went over and looked in BL's friends and saw a similar name of a friends last name Cypert. I was just noting the name was similar.

BTW, Brandon's FB is active and accepts friend requests currently. I've seen many friends requests accepted, but then again, Ladessa has posted from BL's page and commented from it.

On post #922 the 6th question about last names Stapert. I just went over and looked in BL's friends and saw a similar name of a friends last name Cypert. I was just noting the name was similar.

I'm really starting to think he was not alone that night....

Brenda Paradise
Private Investigator
Issue Date:4/20/2011
Expire Date:4/20/2015

This is her license information. I am shocked but then again anyone can go online a apply to be a private investigator and obtain a license. The problem is you have to have a licensed agency to represent you, such as a law firm or LE office. Not sure I worded this correctly. BP does state in a comment that she is retired and is just helping with the case.

That is true, if someone can go online and become a minister, then becoming a PI should be just as easy. I think it is great if someone wants to help, but I'm not sure how helpful she is being. I do not get a very good vibe from the whole thing.

Four hours ago this post https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise on Observer/Enterprise (local paper from sheriff's wife) posted this statement:

"News from
Special Meeting
A Special Meeting of the Coke County Commissioners Court was held at 9 am Monday, March 3, 2014. The main items on the agenda revolved around the lease agreement on the prison facility at Bronte and the changes mandated for Coke County’s 911 system.
On the first item, the attorney had still not gotten contracts to Judge Blair for approval. This matter was postponed.
Regarding the second item, several members of the county’s EMS organizations were in attendance to question the details surrounding Runnels County being contracted to handle Coke County’s 911 calls.
One of the main questions concerned who would be responsible for paging out county EMS and fire departments. Would Runnels County page these organizations out directly or would they receive the call and then call the Coke County Sheriff’s Office dispatch who would then page out the organizations required.
For many years, the 911 system has been located at Robert Lee Care Center. However, due to a law which went into effect January 1, 2014, all 911 operators must be trained and certified. Currently, Coke County is in non-compliance with this mandate and the court is researching a cost effective solution to bring the county into compliance.
A motion was made and seconded to vote on the contract with Runnels County. At the request of Judge Blair, the measure was unanimously defeated in order that further information can be obtained.

In the Monday, March 10, 2014, regular meeting of Commissioners Court, no action was taken on the prison facility due to the attorney not yet providing the documents for approval."

It seems like they have taken some heat for their terrible handling of 911 calls.

Also on that page there is a picture of a mountain lion taken from a game camera....kind of ominous.

It looks like someone just closed up B's fb page tight. That makes me suspicious. If you have nothing to hide why hide things? Does anyone know if the other Brandon Lawson in Fort Worth on facebook is him too? I didn't think so at first, but a lot of friends went to Joshua High School and friends in common with B. None of B's family or LL are on there. It looks like maybe it's an older fb page.

It looks like someone just closed up B's fb page tight. That makes me suspicious. If you have nothing to hide why hide things? Does anyone know if the other Brandon Lawson in Fort Worth on facebook is him too? I didn't think so at first, but a lot of friends went to Joshua High School and friends in common with B. None of B's family or LL are on there. It looks like maybe it's an older fb page.

Hmmm I was on LL's page and went way back in her posts and found a comment she made on 8-22-13 telling someone she had all of BL's passwords for everything.

Hmmm I was on LL's page and went way back in her posts and found a comment she made on 8-22-13 telling someone she had all of BL's passwords for everything.

Yes it was probably her. She appeared to be posting on his fb. I don't know why. But why hide things? If there was nothing there of IMPORTANCE TO HIDE then why hide it ya know?

Maybe the reason that LE won't approve a new search is that they know B is alive and are just trying to track him down to apprehend him? I didn't think so after hearing the 911 call, but now I'm left wondering.

The Observer article saying MISSING MAN NO LONGER IN COKE COUNTY I thought was horrible reporting without proof. Do they know something we don't? Supposedly there were tips saying he is alive and was spotted somewhere. I think in Fort Worth.

This is all so strange. LL posts the 911 tape and gets all this public interest but now she doesn't want it? What was the point? Did it somehow backfire on her plans?

snipped for space.

:welcome5:

So glad you joined here. This is a very interesting case. You have great questions. So happy you came out of Lurk Mode!

Yes it was probably her. She appeared to be posting on his fb. I don't know why. But why hide things? If there was nothing there of IMPORTANCE TO HIDE then why hide it ya know?

Maybe the reason that LE won't approve a new search is that they know B is alive and are just trying to track him down to apprehend him? I didn't think so after hearing the 911 call, but now I'm left wondering.

The Observer article saying MISSING MAN NO LONGER IN COKE COUNTY I thought was horrible reporting without proof. Do they know something we don't? Supposedly there were tips saying he is alive and was spotted somewhere. I think in Fort Worth.

This is all so strange. LL posts the 911 tape and gets all this public interest but now she doesn't want it? What was the point? Did it somehow backfire on her plans?

There is so much that is unanswered, and when asked, people get deleted, banned or accused of being awful mean people! People want to know the truth, whatever it maybe so that BL can be found. I don't understand why the 911 tape was mailed to her. Doesn't make sense. The Observer I agree is very bad reporting.

The frustration level is just increasing each day because nothing is being answered. :banghead:

Yep, you are right!! Just checked myself. This is all I needed to confirm my suspicions. God Bless everyone who has put their time and effort into helping find Brandon. I do hope and pray that justice is served when the truth comes out. So sketchy.

Yep, you are right!! Just checked myself. This is all I needed to confirm my suspicions. God Bless everyone who has put their time and effort into helping find Brandon. I do hope and pray that justice is served when the truth comes out. So sketchy.

Is that other one him too? But not friends with LL or anyone in his family?

I found this page to be interesting. http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/03/missing-texas-forty.html There is a link at the bottom that is a CBS special about the 'killing fields of Texas'. Apparently it's a hot spot for serial killers. Most of the missing are men.

This one in particular is eerily similar with the running out of gas http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/03/mark-rhineburger-missing-from-texas.html.

He even looks a little like Brandon...crazy!

Well now this is weird. I thought maybe the other fb page was just an old one but he's friends with AK on that one but not the other one? And none of his family or LL are on that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3