TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my search for the post AK made about two other cars being at the truck, which I still haven't found, I found friends and family members comments that keep throwing me off! I ran across a post on KB's page where he talks about missing BL and in the comments BL says something like, I miss you too on March 15, 2013 if I remember correctly, then immediately thereafter, another comment from BL says, sorry, this is Ladessa, I forgot what page I was on. I have to admit, I found that odd. I remember seeing a post that BL had not logged onto his FB and there has been no activity. How could you know that if you are constantly logging in. Also, all of his posts seem to have been either hidden or deleted.

I also ran across a photo of BL and his cousins and found a statement where BL's sister comments how much she misses them all, but says she is going to see her brothers the upcoming weekend. She only has two brothers both living in San Angelo. This comment is dated March 3, 2013, the weekend prior to him going missing. So BL's sister was in San Angelo the weekend he went missing? Was there a reason she came to see him?

Has anyone else seen the posts regarding LL renting a hotel August 8 and August 9, 2013, the day BL went missing? Really? But he wasn't reported to LE as missing until the following Tuesday. LL even commented in the original HFBL posts that family came in to watch the kids and she stayed at a hotel in Bronte to help assist in the search. Did I misunderstand the dates or something. Please tell me I read this wrong.

I can guarantee you if one of my loved ones goes missing I will not wait to contact LE regardless of a warrant, etc.

From some of the family members postings prior to BL going missing, I get the feeling something is amiss. Of course this is my opinion only.

I read she called 911 to report him missing at 4:30 a/m when KL called her and said he couldn't find him? I didn't know he had a sister? I thought just a brother. I wonder how involved they are in helping to look for him? I still can't get past seeing she is the only one working to find him. I'm not going to say the call was staged as I cannot believe someone would stage going missing and make a 911 call but maybe the rest of the family might believe he is in hiding?

Wow. Is this the "official" search area and up to date? By official I mean where LE searched. This is incredible if true. They didn't, as you noted, go up to the ten minute parameter, but went beyond it in other areas. This whole thing is making less and less sense. Sorry if this has been answered in other posts. I gave up following this case after I read that LL said she wanted people to stop asking questions, or something close to that. This case stinks in every direction. imo

What is a ten minute parameter? Do you mean from his conversation with KL? Wouldn't the search go 10 minutes in both directions? Was it?

I read she called 911 to report him missing at 4:30 a/m when KL called her and said he couldn't find him? I didn't know he had a sister? I thought just a brother. I wonder how involved they are in helping to look for him? I still can't get past seeing she is the only one working to find him. I'm not going to say the call was staged as I cannot believe someone would stage going missing and make a 911 call but maybe the rest of the family might believe he is in hiding?

I read she called (2 times given-4:30am and 5am) to see if there were any updates and talk about when the truck was going to be towed. I don't think a MP report was done until later the next week.

There are way too many pages to read on here so I read a bunch then came to the end. IMO I know many people think there are too many inconsistencies and the possibility of meth, and warrants. But I really think that a family trying to protect a relative that is addicted to drugs/alcohol try to protect them because they always want to believe the person will get better. That might not be the right way to be but it is the family way. So I feel that Brandon may have had a meth problem but not this night. He ran out of gas. And the call to me he says
Brandon~"yes, I'm in the middle of a field. The state trooper just pulled some guys over , right here, going towards Abilene on both sides, my truck ran out of gas, there one (guy ?) here that got chased into the woods, please hurry!
Brandon~" I ain't talking to em, I told ya I didn't know em."
.. 911 op...
Brandon~" got the first guy"
... 911 ...
unknown person "yes"
Brandon~"No I need the cops."
IMO Brandon seen something go down involving LE. He sees the guys the trooper pulled over possibly run into the woods. He tries to help. he chases them and he calls 911. but gets hurt too. This case need to be looked at beyond local/state.
It makes no since for the LE to say he was hiding when he is the one that called them. The family fessed up after the fact of the 911 call. Regular people do not know how to act when a family member disappears. In the early hours, the family did not know he was "missing" and that he would possibly not ever come home.

Going to listen before the girls get home from school! I never thought of "I told ya I didn't know em."

What is a ten minute parameter? Do you mean from his conversation with KL? Wouldn't the search go 10 minutes in both directions? Was it?

techpuppy's map is on page 33. It shows the search area and a 10 minute parameter plus one mile, two mile and three mile parameter. This is only the search area provided by the Sheriff's wife in the Observer.

I read she called (2 times given-4:30am and 5am) to see if there were any updates and talk about when the truck was going to be towed. I don't think a MP report was done until later the next week.

I would think she would have said he was missing? Don't they have to wait 24-48 hours before they'll take a report on a missing adult? Maybe that explains the time delay.

Found this article today, if it has been posted before my apologies.

http://www.prlog.org/12287351-missing-mans-family-pleads-for-answers.html

"Recently the family has learned that Verizon cell towers pinged an area where they believe was the last location that Lawson's phone sent signals. The area is approximately 3 miles from where his truck was found abandoned and a mile from where previous searches stopped."

I was just gonna go take a look at the map techpuppy did to see what area the ping could have come from.

***Edited to add

Does that even make sense? I see the map now and it looks like the search wasn't done up to 2 miles from where the truck was found? So if it was 3 miles away from the truck, how could it be 1 mile away from where the search stopped? Maybe I'm just not thinking right?....lol Very well could be! lol

I'm confused? Wouldn't they search from the actual truck and span out?

B left his home at almost midnight on Thur Aug 8th and the calls to K and 911 were in the early morning hours of Fri Aug 9th. So I am confused. Did she rent the room on Thur-Fri, Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun?

Closer to the "search area"? At what point did they become concerned enough to start searching? She didn't find out about the 911 call until the following Tuesday and from what I read would not even go in and talk to the Sheriff until then. So there certainly wasn't any official search going on. Did they think B was still hiding in the bushes due to the warrant at that point? Did she/they think he would come out of hiding and show up in Bronte? Who all stayed in Bronte? Where were they searching that weekend? My understanding is that all of that is privately owned land. The only place they could really search without permission would be along the highway.

Exactly my thoughts, but I am wondering who is posting this on that page and where are they getting the information from? It this rumor or fact? Because LL has commented about the hotel and why she stayed on the HFBL page but the dates aren't there on the HFBL page.

Who is BL's dad referring to as Mason in the Bitstrips on his FB page and the cousin AJ commenting? Isn't BL's middle name Mason? It says Mason Looney is the CEO of AJ's online clothing line. Is Mason Looney a public figure? I can't find a Mason on any of the families pages. AJ lives with BL's parents. He moved from OK to their home.

Also BL wasn't indicted for his delivery of a controlled substance until September 27, 2012. So a warrant would have been issued after that date.

Grand jurors in the 413th District Court handed up 99 indictments on Sept. 27. Indicted were the following:

- See more at: http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/...dictments?mobRedir=false#sthash.tczM96Bc.dpuf

Here are the penalties in Texas for delivery of a controlled substance.
Manufacture or delivery of controlled substances (drugs)

Minimum: Fine not to exceed $10,000 and confinement in jail for a term of not more than two years or less than 180 days
Maximum: A fine not to exceed $250,000 and imprisonment for life or for a term of not more than 99 years nor less than fifteen years

BL only found out about the warrant because he purchased his truck and was doing a title change when he was informed of the felony warrant.

I would prefer to think he is in hiding rather than the thought that someone or LE could have harmed him.

This is my opinion only, but I have many. I'm 50/50 on both scenarios. I do find it very odd that BL's family is not active on the HFBL page. Ladessa commented that she doesn't have them linked to the page due to too many questions/rumors on the page.

She posted a picture on her page of the Missing Persons report she filed on August 12,2013. She comments I am not going to post the entire page. It basically shows the left top of the page in the picture.

From Feb 26th article

Recently the family has learned that Verizon cell towers pinged an area where they believe was the last location that Lawson's phone sent signals. The area is approximately 3 miles from where his truck was found abandoned and a mile from where previous searches stopped. The family is asking that law enforcement enable them to have organized searches by a professional search and rescue team, however, at this time law enforcement has not given their approval. "It's not fair that Brandon could be laying out there in a field and if he is, we want him with us for a proper burial. No human should be allowed to just wither away in the elements of the weather and not be looked for." exclaimed Lofton."

So she does not believe he is alive. Unfortunately, so do I.

From Feb 26th article

Recently the family has learned that Verizon cell towers pinged an area where they believe was the last location that Lawson's phone sent signals. The area is approximately 3 miles from where his truck was found abandoned and a mile from where previous searches stopped. The family is asking that law enforcement enable them to have organized searches by a professional search and rescue team, however, at this time law enforcement has not given their approval. "It's not fair that Brandon could be laying out there in a field and if he is, we want him with us for a proper burial. No human should be allowed to just wither away in the elements of the weather and not be looked for." exclaimed Lofton."

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a "new ping area" be also known to LE? So what prevents them from searching? I know I read somewhere it was said they did 7 searches for Brandon. Maybe it is possible they already searched this area and didn't tell anyone? Maybe they do their searches without broadcasting to not have interference from the public? Would they tell the family if they did?

I'm confused? Wouldn't they search from the actual truck and span out?

So is it my understanding that the Ping you are referring to is the ping at or near the nursing home in Bronte? There is a picture of a tower that Ladessa posted which states this is the location of BL's last phone ping and the image shows the actual phone tower? Has there been a more recent phone ping discussed?

B left his home at almost midnight on Thur Aug 8th and the calls to K and 911 were in the early morning hours of Fri Aug 9th. So I am confused. Did she rent the room on Thur-Fri, Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun?

Closer to the "search area"? At what point did they become concerned enough to start searching? She didn't find out about the 911 call until the following Tuesday and from what I read would not even go in and talk to the Sheriff until then. So there certainly wasn't any official search going on. Did they think B was still hiding in the bushes due to the warrant at that point? Did she/they think he would come out of hiding and show up in Bronte? Who all stayed in Bronte? Where were they searching that weekend? My understanding is that all of that is privately owned land. The only place they could really search without permission would be along the highway.

If it were my husband whose truck was left on a highway and my BIL said he was bleeding, I would have started my search at 4:30 am right after I got that call. I think LL would know that this was not something he would do and immediately became worried. I know I would have!

So is it my understanding that the Ping you are referring to is the ping at or near the nursing home in Bronte? There is a picture of a tower that Ladessa posted which states this is the location of BL's last phone ping and the image shows the actual phone tower? Has there been a more recent phone ping discussed?

I don't know? I haven't read the HFBL page yet today but will look later tonight. I would think that any searches done that the starting point would be the actual truck to wherever they had a ping on his phone and move beyond that point a mile or so in a circle? Just in case he dropped something while running? I haven't had time to look at the search area map and it seemed confusing with all the colored sections and nothing on that map really showed what the colored areas are for?

There are way too many pages to read on here so I read a bunch then came to the end. IMO I know many people think there are too many inconsistencies and the possibility of meth, and warrants. But I really think that a family trying to protect a relative that is addicted to drugs/alcohol try to protect them because they always want to believe the person will get better. That might not be the right way to be but it is the family way. So I feel that Brandon may have had a meth problem but not this night. He ran out of gas. And the call to me he says
Brandon~"yes, I'm in the middle of a field. The state trooper just pulled some guys over , right here, going towards Abilene on both sides, my truck ran out of gas, there one (guy ?) here that got chased into the woods, please hurry!
Brandon~" I ain't talking to em, I told ya I didn't know em."
.. 911 op...
Brandon~" got the first guy"
... 911 ...
unknown person "yes"
Brandon~"No I need the cops."
IMO Brandon seen something go down involving LE. He sees the guys the trooper pulled over possibly run into the woods. He tries to help. he chases them and he calls 911. but gets hurt too. This case need to be looked at beyond local/state.
It makes no since for the LE to say he was hiding when he is the one that called them. The family fessed up after the fact of the 911 call. Regular people do not know how to act when a family member disappears. In the early hours, the family did not know he was "missing" and that he would possibly not ever come home.

Another clip was posted and now I am changing my thoughts on what was said, again! It sounds like "I surely ran into em" I don't hear "totally."http://youtu.be/8cGjftP4DiY

I've listened to these tapes so much now that any person that says "hello" sounds like the dispatcher!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a "new ping area" be also known to LE? So what prevents them from searching? I know I read somewhere it was said they did 7 searches for Brandon. Maybe it is possible they already searched this area and didn't tell anyone? Maybe they do their searches without broadcasting to not have interference from the public? Would they tell the family if they did?

My understanding is the PI was able to get this new ping data.

The Sheriff's wife is the one who posted the search area on her Observer fb page.

Would they withhold info about places they searched? Honestly I'm not sure and since the search area was shared by the Sheriff's wife I would assume it's correct. BUT what searches are included in that map are unclear. LL has done searches and the Sheriff brought in TEXSAR and I don't know if TEXSAR's search is included or the extended search by TEXSAR to the NE.

Basically nobody is answering any questions. It's a crap shoot.

I don't know? I haven't read the HFBL page yet today but will look later tonight. I would think that any searches done that the starting point would be the actual truck to wherever they had a ping on his phone and move beyond that point a mile or so in a circle? Just in case he dropped something while running? I haven't had time to look at the search area map and it seemed confusing with all the colored sections and nothing on that map really showed what the colored areas are for?

techpuppy explained the map and it's a very good one. Yellow circle is 10 minute walk parameter of the truck, dark blue circles show 1 mile 2 mile and 3 mile parameters of the truck. If you go to the Observer FB page you can see the search area posted there. That is included in techpuppy's map.

This new ping info is NEW and way after the searches were done.

I have no idea how they determined the area's to search.

Another clip was posted and now I am changing my thoughts on what was said, again! It sounds like "I surely ran into em" I don't hear "totally."http://youtu.be/8cGjftP4DiY

I was just on the phone with my husband who works in the oilfield. His connection was so bad that I had a hard time understanding him. I told him my knee was cramping for some reason and he responded trying to say cramps but I kept getting the distorted in and out version of it and first it was cramp and then
in was dancing. I kept asking him what are you talking about. Then I realized he was repeating back to me you have cramps.

Whether or not the is a real or staged disappearance it is my opinion that the words on the 911 call are extremely distorted. If BL wanted to disappear and go into hiding, he wouldn't just go into hiding. That would clearly make him a fugitive, is that what LE believes because of the tips of sittings? If BL stages a scene where it appears he's met with foul play he can live his life out as he pleases. Out of site out of mind. Therefore LL eventually qualifies for SS for three kids as well as social services such as food stamps, housing, etc.

Maybe this was a better solution to the problem of the indictment. Just an opinion. I'm not sold on this idea yet, but that would explain the lack of interest in searching high and low.

Hi everyone! This is my first post although I have been a longtime lurker and have read every page of this Brandon Lawson mystery. Like all of you I am completely dumbfounded.

One thing that really bugs me is most stories claim that he said he 'hit somebody' when in the 911 call he says 'ran into' which can have a totally different meaning. I ran into an old friend is much different from I hit an old friend

I have several questions I have not seen, or do not recall ever being answered.

In Brandon's 911 call he says he is in a field. He never gives any sort of indication where in a field and that would be impossible for them to even to figure out since the whole area is open land. So many people on the page keep saying the police ignored his call but they had no idea where to go. Supposedly a trucker called to report his truck and that is the call that was responded to.

1.Is it possible to get a recording of that 911 call?

2.Is there any indication that law enforcement tracked down the trucker and interviewed him to see if he noticed anything else that night?

3.Why have no dogs been used to search?

4.Why is Brandon's family not actively out in the media, searching for him, or doing anything that shows they are trying to find answers? (something very strange about that)

5.Brandon and Ladessa got into an argument, this article (http://thepolicenews.net/default.as...Group/home/NewsLetterID/40271/startrow/53.htm) from a few days ago has a comment from someone who says he was bleeding because he hit something in the home before he left. Has this been confirmed by anyone? Maybe he was trying to get to a hospital for stitches if it was bad enough. Was he traveling towards the nearest hospital?

6.In Brandon's 911 call it sounds like he could have said scraper which is a common piece of equipment on oil fields or it could be Stapert which is a last name. I searched for Staperts in Texas and there are a few but nothing stood out. It could also be a rushed State Trooper.

7.On the HFBL page it says supposedly Sheriff’s deputy says they saw the light from Brandon’s cell phone in the bushes, so did he get out his flashlight and shine it out there to see him better? If Brandon was close enough that he saw his light from his phone, surely a shine of a powerful police flashlight would reach him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective