TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many unanswered questions that one can only wonder. Where is the 401k check that was reportedly in the mail to Brandon when he disappeared? If Brandon wanted to run, wouldn't he take the 401k check with him? Did it come in the mail that day and was on him or did it arrive later? LL says his bank account is frozen. I would guess that means it's frozen to her and family. LE is not going to let them touch it until they know the outcome or much time has passed and rightfully so. I think they are probably watching it to see if B were to make any transactions. Perfectly normal in a MP case. Are the landowners truly not letting LL and company search? I don't know. I've seen several people on the fb page mention getting a lawyer and suing LE (which would never happen IMO) but if I were a landowner and some sue happy person wanted to search my property you can betcha it's not happening. NOT saying LL is sue happy, but just the mention of it by others would raise my concerns. It sounds like landowners were very willing and helpful to LE searching.
It sounds like Dep Neal was responding to someone else's call at 12:58 and not Brandon's. I'm still confused as to why they would have sent Dep Fox north of Bronte on hwy 277 if that's the case. Surely this (trucker?) motorist calling 911 would have given a good description of the location of Brandon's truck.
The 911 call. What is the reason LL released this?
Who is at fault? IMO if the story all happened as we know it, the only people LL could sue is K and A. Had they told the truth to Dep Neal at the truck Brandon probably would have been found IMO. The 911 dispatcher had some fault if she did not report the call to anyone IMO but WE can hardly make out what he's saying and we have the ability in hindsight to listen to it over and over and over. Imagine if we all just got one shot at hearing it.
I don't know if they have the ability to trace cell phone gps or anything of that nature in this small county where 911 calls are taken at a nursing home.
I have so many questions and most would be directed at LL K and A surrounding the events of that night. I don't think these questions are ever going to be answered as LL seems to take great offense to those asking questions about the details in the case. The Sheriff's wife seems to be overly defensive also. Perhaps there is good reason for this, I don't know?
I just hope some more time is spent searching BY LE. If he's found everyone will want answers to what could have happened and the best way to protect any evidence is to have the search done by those who are trained.

You read my mind! :goodpost::rockon:

Why does LL get so disturbed is my question? Even is there are a$$hats saying negative things, ignore those and lets get all the questions answered and Brandon found.

Something bad happened. I do not think he would leave and not take his 401k check either.

Where is Brandon!

Somewhere in one of the many comments I read, Audrey commented about there being a call from a stranded motorist or there actually being two 911 calls but in two different counties, and her reply was something like, "oh that explains the other cars that Kyle and I saw when they arrived at Brandon's truck. I have been searching for days for that comment!!!! I know I read it on one of the many missing pages. I also think that the comment the pregnant lady makes about that she would have stopped since she knew CPR, but since she was pregnant she did not. Who was she going to give CPR to? An abandoned truck??? She saw someone in distress. She would not have asked her mother to call 911 for a truck on the side of the road. She saw a fight, altercation or someone in distress or people trying to help someone in distress. I am beginning to wonder if that is why when people ask questions on the missing page, they get blocked or deleted. I privately messaged the missing page and got a very odd reply.

I just pray there are some answers soon. I want to find Brandon Lawson and I don't even know him.

This has bothered me also. I am retired EMS and she would have had to been up close and personal to determine if someone needed cpr. So why would she think someone may need that and see is just supposedly driving by? Makes no sense. I am getting obsessed with this case because we are getting nothing but confusing, misleading or a brick wall as far as information is concerned. I can understand to a point if LE is holding something back, but family? Come on!! Brandon needs to be found.

Why does LL get so disturbed is my question? Even is there are a$$hats saying negative things, ignore those and lets get all the questions answered and Brandon found.

Something bad happened. I do not think he would leave and not take his 401k check either.

Where is Brandon!

Excuse my spelling errors. I have been working for hours on a law ethics paper and I have gone blind and a major migraine :blushing:

Where is Brandon!

Why release the 911 call for the public to hear? What was her intentions in doing so? She does not appear to want help passing out flyers, searching or contacting landowners etc either. What is she wanting? I can only think of a few things and this is total speculation on my part.

Force LE through the public outcry to continue searching
Try to get more donations
Try to make LE look bad (possible lawsuit)

What all has she done so far in attempting to find B? I know there were a couple of family/small searches early on. What else?

IMO if she wants help she needs to lay the facts out there. Way too many discrepancies for me.

Why release the 911 call for the public to hear? What was her intentions in doing so? She does not appear to want help passing out flyers, searching or contacting landowners etc either. What is she wanting? I can only think of a few things and this is total speculation on my part.

Force LE through the public outcry to continue searching
Try to get more donations
Try to make LE look bad (possible lawsuit)

What all has she done so far in attempting to find B? I know there were a couple of family/small searches early on. What else?

IMO if she wants help she needs to lay the facts out there. Way too many discrepancies for me.

I have searched, and All I could find were things that were said by LL and the pi about the charted plane search's. That is all I could find. I did find more donation sites for this than any other case I have seen. That does concern me a bit. I know things can get expensive, but there are free resources and avenues to take. It just leaves me shaking my head going WTH.

:banghead::banghead:

One thing I noticed about LL and the latest search she said was going to take place....

From the HFBL FB page LL says:
There is not a search Saturday I was going to fly over it but due to the weather we couldn't still no permission from the land owners I wish we had permission.

First off-the weather was BEAUTIFUL on Saturday. This was posted March 3, 2014 so Saturday would have been March 1, 2014.

From weather.com for Bronte on March 1:
Actual Temp
87° Lo 45°

Sunday turned very cold as did Monday. But Saturday was gorgeous!

Second she says she could not get permission from land owners. Since when do you need permission to fly over someone's property?? And if she is renting an airplane, they could not see much. Could see more with helicopter, but I don't think you need permission to fly over someone's property. I really would like to help, but it is statements like this that make me wary.

The HFBL FB page has a lot of references to landowners not allowing searches, but I am wondering if that is really true...unless the area they want to search belongs to the sheriff and his wife. I just cannot believe landowners will not let them search.

I truly think there is not anyone to organize an official search and maybe LL doesn't have the know how or intelligence to get it done. I am not bashing her at all....just think she doesn't have enough organizational skills to accomplish it.

Also, on the PI involved. Has anyone read her posts on FB page? I am questioning her skills since she talks about the sheriff stating no FOWL play was involved. If she were a real PI, I think she would know how to spell FOUL play. Just some subtle observations that make me question "who's on first?" KWIM?

BBM

One thing I noticed about LL and the latest search she said was going to take place....

There is not a search Saturday I was going to fly over it but due to the weather we couldn't still no permission from the land owners I wish we had permission.

First off-the weather was BEAUTIFUL on Saturday. This was posted March 3, 2014 so Saturday would have been March 1, 2014.

Actual Temp
87° Lo 45°

Second she says she could not get permission from land owners. Since when do you need permission to fly over someone's property?? And if she is renting an airplane, they could not see much. Could see more with helicopter, but I don't think you need permission to fly over someone's property. I really would like to help, but it is statements like this that make me wary.

The HFBL FB page has a lot of references to landowners not allowing searches, but I am wondering if that is really true...unless the area they want to search belongs to the sheriff and his wife. I just cannot believe landowners will not let them search.

I truly think there is not anyone to organize an official search and maybe LL doesn't have the know how or intelligence to get it done. I am not bashing her at all....just think she doesn't have enough organizational skills to accomplish it.

Also, on the PI involved. Has anyone read her posts on FB page? I am questioning her skills since she talks about the sheriff stating no FOWL play was involved. If she were a real PI, I think she would know how to spell FOUL play. Just some subtle observations that make me question "who's on first?" KWIM?

BBM

That and she posts an official timeline with approximate times?

The spelling of many on the HFBL page is atrocious! But you would expect a PI to be a little more educated wouldn't you?

It seems to me like LL is just spinning her wheels and I agree that it could just be lack of organizational skills or knowledge. The cancelled flight is interesting and I agree that a ground search is much more likely to get results. Has she even attempted to get landowner permission to search the latest ping area?

The spelling of many on the HFBL page is atrocious! But you would expect a PI to be a little more educated wouldn't you?

It seems to me like LL is just spinning her wheels and I agree that it could just be lack of organizational skills or knowledge. The cancelled flight is interesting and I agree that a ground search is much more likely to get results. Has she even attempted to get landowner permission to search the latest ping area?

That is a good question.

I could be totally wrong, but I think LL meant that they couldn't do a fly over because of the weather and that they don't have permission from the landowners to do a foot search. But that's JMO. I kind of felt like it was a run-on sentence and should have been split up for better understanding.

I agree with y'all that I'm kind of at a standstill with my thoughts because of the general handling of this case. On our way home from the zoo this afternoon, I was thinking about this case and it occurred to me that it's such a shame that nothing was probably documented THAT night. Do we know if pictures were taken of the truck how it was found? Or the surrounding areas? I just have a feeling that even if they do find Brandon, there will never be any answers... UNLESS, there was no foul play.

The pregnant lady and her comment about CPR gives me pause now, too. I had never really thought about it until one of you mentioned it above, but now I wonder what she did see. I would never automatically assume someone needed CPR just by seeing a stranded car on the side of the road, unless I saw someone lying on the ground or looked to be in serious distress.

Last thing... I wonder how the truck driver really called in Brandon's truck. I was thinking about this too and if I called in something like that, I might say... "I just wanted to let y'all know there's a truck out here on Hwy 277 going towards Bronte (?) and the front end is sticking out in the road. I'm scared someone might hit it." I wouldn't assume it was a stranded motorist unless I saw someone standing around the vehicle.

Just some thoughts. Praying you come home soon, Brandon.

:goodpost:
I could be totally wrong, but I think LL meant that they couldn't do a fly over because of the weather and that they don't have permission from the landowners to do a foot search. But that's JMO. I kind of felt like it was a run-on sentence and should have been split up for better understanding.

I agree with y'all that I'm kind of at a standstill with my thoughts because of the general handling of this case. On our way home from the zoo this afternoon, I was thinking about this case and it occurred to me that it's such a shame that nothing was probably documented THAT night. Do we know if pictures were taken of the truck how it was found? Or the surrounding areas? I just have a feeling that even if they do find Brandon, there will never be any answers... UNLESS, there was no foul play.

The pregnant lady and her comment about CPR gives me pause now, too. I had never really thought about it until one of you mentioned it above, but now I wonder what she did see. I would never automatically assume someone needed CPR just by seeing a stranded car on the side of the road, unless I saw someone lying on the ground or looked to be in serious distress.

Last thing... I wonder how the truck driver really called in Brandon's truck. I was thinking about this too and if I called in something like that, I might say... "I just wanted to let y'all know there's a truck out here on Hwy 277 going towards Bronte (?) and the front end is sticking out in the road. I'm scared someone might hit it." I wouldn't assume it was a stranded motorist unless I saw someone standing around the vehicle.

:goodpost:

This is a great post. I think everyone here feels the same. Thank you.

Actual Temp
87° Lo 45°

BBM

Seems she had very poor guidance from the start with the PI who cannot spell and posted a timeline that is confusing and full of holes. I have nothing against LL , fact is my heart goes out to her, as I'm pretty sure by her typing that she is not educated beyond high school and that is why her posts seem confusing. I think she has had bad guidance from the start.

I'm inclined to agree. Hinky meter off on the cpr statement. I wonder what the wind conditions were that the flight was cancelled? It may have had beautiful weather but wind conditions for small private planes could be the reason?

I think it is a case of too many obstacles. A PI that cannot spell foul play, LE that has different reports through the sheriff's wife, LE that will not allow searches and stuck on Brandon hiding, media that cannot report the same timeline twice, a brother-in-law that does not seem to be helping much, and a mom of four kids trying to solve this on her own! I've read where she works two jobs to make ends meet, not one to sit and collect off the system and partying until odd hours like some of those posting over there. Just glad to see she has Lost n Missing helping her as I know they are a good group.

This very well could have been Brandon that the HR dog was hitting on. HR dogs are often trained on pig carcasses, thus the reason differentiating between human vs pig/hog can be an issue. LL stated that the Sheriffs wife said the dog hit on some strong hog blood (paraphrasing). From the article it sounds like they could not determine if the dog was hitting on hog or human thus the reason for extending the search. Nothing was found of Brandon's so it was probably assumed to be hog. There is really no way to know for sure.

If Brandon was near his truck at some point bleeding the dogs could have picked up the scent from his blood. TEXSAR was not brought in until Oct 24th well over 2 months after he went missing.

The TexSAR canines are highly trained. These HR dogs will not “hit” on varmint carcasses. However, dead hogs sometimes prove a distraction to HR animals. Each handler wears a gps device which provided an extremely detailed analysis of all area covered.
The search was extended to the northeast following one HR dog showing slight interest. However even with the extension, the search revealed no sign of Brandon Lawson – no remains, no clothing, no wallet, no cell phone, and no keys.

I have a feeling once he started walking away from his truck he never went back.

I had another thought today as I cannot get this case off my mind! I wish we knew the lost "15 minutes?" Also, we determined 15 minutes "off" from the time reported he left his home so how doe we know that time was not off 7 or 8 minutes? I would also think as the truck started sputtering he would have called and said he was running out of gas and that could account for 7 or 8 minutes before he literally ran out?

I think it is a case of too many obstacles. A PI that cannot spell foul play, LE that has different reports through the sheriff's wife, LE that will not allow searches and stuck on Brandon hiding, media that cannot report the same timeline twice, a brother-in-law that does not seem to be helping much, and a mom of four kids trying to solve this on her own! I've read where she works two jobs to make ends meet, not one to sit and collect off the system and partying until odd hours like some of those posting over there. Just glad to see she has Lost n Missing helping her as I know they are a good group.

I'm reserving judgement on LL at the moment. :) And I do have a different opinion of the group helping her. But that's just MOO.

I'm inclined to agree. Hinky meter off on the cpr statement. I wonder what the wind conditions were that the flight was cancelled? It may have had beautiful weather but wind conditions for small private planes could be the reason?

Winds that day were calm until about 11 a.m. By noon they were up to 20 mph and they dropped gradually down to 15 by 5 p.m. That doesn't seem all that high to me. The winds were from the south so a pilot could easily fly a north/south pattern without too much effort. Since the temperature almost doubled during the morning hours there's a chance there were some thermals that could have made a flight bumpy. When that happens looking out the side of a plane can make you airsick rather quickly. Still, if it were me, I would use a couple of video cameras while doing the flights. HD video cameras are cheap and have very good resolution. That would let others help in the search and make notes of areas of interest.

While we're on the subject of cameras: Does anyone else think it odd that virtually no current photos of the area have been posted anywhere? If it were me I would have taken lots of pictures of the area and posted them.

In addition it seems like there should be a dash camera on the deputy's car which could show us a bit more about how Brandon's truck was parked, other cars at the scene, etc. Everything seems hearsay by word of mouth in this case.

Yep, not much at all in the way of facts. It's really hard to make any sense of any of it. I read that LL stayed in a hotel over that weekend in Bronte to search for B. That seems a little odd. She wasn't aware of the 911 call at that time and it's not that far from home.

Actual Temp
87° Lo 45°

BBM

I am starting to doubt if the PI is even a PI. I would love to see her credentials. I have never seen a PI be that active and in that way on FB. Plus the misspelling of simple words. Not professional at all. I want to know where the last ping was at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee