TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think he may have been referring to is how the cars were parked on the shoulder of the highway. If he was helping someone, (which I think he was at some point because he accidentally or almost or something ran into them) and pushed the car of the road, he would have pushed it to the right side of the road heading north. His truck ran out of gas (not sure when in this scenario) and he pulled ACROSS the road onto the shoulder on the left hand side of the road heading north at the road side park. The front of his truck was turned part way into the oncoming traffic which caused the trucker to call 911. BOTH of these vehicles would have been heading north on opposite sides of the highway. Hence, headed toward Abilene on both sides of the road.

Was his truck on the left side of the road or is this just a scenario?

Yes, his truck was found on the left side of the road headed north toward Abilene.

Really? I missed that. Got a link?

Why would he pull over on the left unless it was AT the rest area? I know he was near there but was the truck actually in the rest area?

A quick google search of 'Brandon Lawson left side' brought this up. It is from the fb page.

his truck was found 4 miles south of bronte just past a rest area on the right side of the road.

(the rest area is on the left/southbound side)

Just saw this link on FB page. Mods-I hope this link is ok-it appears to be MSM but if not please delete.

Concerning the reporting of the 911 call and asking why the dispatcher did not respond to Brandon's 911 call:

http://www.prlog.org/12287351-missing-mans-family-pleads-for-answers.html

"The family approached law enforcement after his disappearance when they discovered on a cell phone bill that he called 911 the morning of his disappearance. "We've yet to know why the 911 Dispatcher didn't send help for Brandon but instead reported a call from a passerby who saw Brandon's truck parked crooked on the roadway. Why didn't they alert the Sheriff's office that Brandon called and needed help?", stated Lofton."

I read the whole thread to see if this has been mentioned. A lot of you heard "pushed some gobs" and not "pushed some guys." I looked up gobs and apparently it can stand for good ol' boys. For what it's worth!

A quick google search of 'Brandon Lawson left side' brought this up. It is from the fb page.

his truck was found 4 miles south of bronte just past a rest area on the right side of the road.

I guess this is confusing since we are talking left and right. If Brandon is coming FROM San Angelo to Bronte, the road side park is on the left (west) side of the road. When I read that, I am assuming he is on the side of the road side park.

If you are coming FROM Bronte headed south, the road side park is on the right side of the road. I assumed his truck was found south of the road side park on the right (west) side of the road.

In the 911 call, he talks about being on both sides of the road going toward Abilene, I envision his truck headed toward Bronte and he tried to coast to the roadside park so he went across traffic and was facing the wrong direction.

That would mean "the other guys" are on the east side of the road headed toward Abilene (and Bronte). When I go to San Angelo Friday afternoon, I will measure the distance FROM Bronte to the Colorado River, to the road side park and also see where 4 miles from Bronte would be.

Nothing much new in that article but the new ping details.

Recently the family has learned that Verizon cell towers pinged an area where they believe was the last location that Lawson's phone sent signals. The area is approximately 3 miles from where his truck was found abandoned and a mile from where previous searches stopped.

Obviously someone needs to get out there and search this new area that was not previously searched. Hoping it's soon.

I guess this is confusing since we are talking left and right. If Brandon is coming FROM San Angelo to Bronte, the road side park is on the left (west) side of the road. When I read that, I am assuming he is on the side of the road side park.

If you are coming FROM Bronte headed south, the road side park is on the right side of the road. I assumed his truck was found south of the road side park on the right (west) side of the road.

In the 911 call, he talks about being on both sides of the road going toward Abilene, I envision his truck headed toward Bronte and he tried to coast to the roadside park so he went across traffic and was facing the wrong direction.

That would mean "the other guys" are on the east side of the road headed toward Abilene (and Bronte). When I go to San Angelo Friday afternoon, I will measure the distance FROM Bronte to the Colorado River, to the road side park and also see where 4 miles from Bronte would be.

Brandon was heading north (right side of the hwy). It wouldn't make sense for him to pull over on the left (southbound) side. According to fb he pulled over on the right. Yes, heading north the rest area would be on the left and heading south it would be on the right. I couldn't find anything with an exact location, just near the rest area but I always assumed the right side of the road since that's the lane he would be in.

I have no idea what he's talking about when he says "both sides" as that is part of the mystery.

I mapped it and from the rest area to the center of Bronte (where hwy 158 meets hwy 277) is 4.1 miles exactly. I think the truck was very close to the rest area on the right hand side of the hwy.

Thanks Techpuppy for the link. I listened to the 911 calls again. For what it's worth, the only thing I can hear very clearly now is, "I accidentally ran into 'em".

I believe Brandon begins his 911 call trying to give his whereabouts and what just happened (pushed some gobs over or whatever, goin towards Abilene on both sides etc), but then, IMO, he jumps back to the beginning of the whole altercation, which IMO is what this was: something about one ... Talkin to 'em, I accidentally ran into 'em"

I think this is key. Could be Brandon ran into someone with his truck somewhere in town, which caused some kind of altercation. They chased him on the road until he ran out of gas. Explains the truck parked willy-nilly--he pulled over as best he could and then ran like hell.

Doesn't explain no damage to his truck, but IMO he could have "tapped" the wrong person, kwim? Someone on a hair-trigger, minor fender tap in a parking lot sends them over the edge.

Just a theory that came to mind. Sure leaves a lot of questions unanswered. This case bothers me greatly.

Brandon was heading north (right side of the hwy). It wouldn't make sense for him to pull over on the left (southbound) side. According to fb he pulled over on the right. Yes, heading north the rest area would be on the left and heading south it would be on the right. I couldn't find anything with an exact location, just near the rest area but I always assumed the right side of the road since that's the lane he would be in.

I have no idea what he's talking about when he says "both sides" as that is part of the mystery.

I stand corrected. I always envisioned him on the side of the roadside park.

Thanks Techpuppy for the link. I listened to the 911 calls again. For what it's worth, the only thing I can hear very clearly now is, "I accidentally ran into 'em".

I believe Brandon begins his 911 call trying to give his whereabouts and what just happened (pushed some gobs over or whatever, goin towards Abilene on both sides etc), but then, IMO, he jumps back to the beginning of the whole altercation, which IMO is what this was: something about one ... Talkin to 'em, I accidentally ran into 'em"

I think this is key. Could be Brandon ran into someone with his truck somewhere in town, which caused some kind of altercation. They chased him on the road until he ran out of gas. Explains the truck parked willy-nilly--he pulled over as best he could and then ran like hell.

Doesn't explain no damage to his truck, but IMO he could have "tapped" the wrong person, kwim? Someone on a hair-trigger, minor fender tap in a parking lot sends them over the edge.

Just a theory that came to mind. Sure leaves a lot of questions unanswered. This case bothers me greatly.

This is a great theory. I've thought about it many times, but discount it because he doesn't seemed alarmed when he calls his brother to say he is out of gas. I thought he might have run out of gas while pushing someone and accidentally hit (bumped) them and a fight ensued....same scenario.

techpuppy, can you also send me the the enhanced version? Thanks

I realize he has an accent but I've listened to the "state trooper" part over and over with my good headphones on and it sounds like Siper or Sipher just pushed some guys over. Something with a hard I sound. Is there some type of vehicle or truck with a similar sounding name?

Siper
Sifer
Sipher
Sniper
Zipher
Zypher

I haven't had a chance to listen the 911 recording but could this be "except for"? All slurred together might sound like "cepFur" It doesn't really fit if the next words are "just pushed some guys over" I think some of the audio is missing either because it was edited or the cell reception.

Question for anyone who has ever called 911 - After they answer "911 Emergency" wouldn't you usually state right away what you need? Ex. I need ______ (Help, Police, Ambulance, Fire Truck, etc.) Would you tell the whole situation before you stated what you need help with? I know in the past when I've had to call 911 that is one of the 1st things I say.

If he was scared for his life (based on what I've read I think he was) and needed help right away why spell out the whole thing to an operator when you know you have bad cell reception and the operator can't hear half of what you are saying, especially while trying to run (as some people think he is doing). He doesn't ever state he needs (police) help until the operator asks "Do you need an ambulance". That is odd to me.

I wonder if Brandon was 10 minutes up the road because he had to walk that far to get good enough cell service to call Kyle for gas?

Could he be saying cypress instead of sipers? I did a quick google search to see if there are cypress trees in texas and I found a bald cypress native to Texas. I'm not sure if they are in that area. This is just a thought.

Could he be saying he's in a field of cypress (trees), perched in a tree and the trees are on both sides of the road out there going towards Abilene (as in describing his location)?

The trees out there are not thick like a forest but thin and more like a grove of trees. I could see someone calling it a field of trees. Just a thought...

"we're not talkin' to 'em" has me wondering if there was someone with him, not who he met up with. Also, pretty sure he's saying he was chased into the woods.
Really disturbing - I'd love to see the county authorities comment on the handling of the 911 call.

Actually there are a bunch of different Cypress trees in Texas. Could he have run into some hogs rather than guys and ran up a Cypress tree/perched. If you were out there and ran into wild hogs what would you do? Climb a tree would make sense.

Baldcypress - Texas Native Plants Database
https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/.../taxodiumdistichum.ht...‎
Bald Cypress, Baldcypress, Cypress, Southern Cypress, Swamp Cypress, Red Cypress, White Cypress, Yellow Cypress, Gulf Cypress, Tidewater Red Cypress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper