TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a wider view which shows the original search area, etc. I've added blue circles indicated 1, 2, and 3 miles from Brandon's truck. The bridge over the Colorado river starts just less than half a mile north of his truck. I can't imagine Brandon walking across that bridge in the dark, but I suppose it could happen.

Maybe he was using his phone for light?

Maybe he was using his phone for light?
That's a possibility. I was just thinking if he were trying to hide from someone the bridge would be a bad option. It seems rather long according to what I can see and the entire time he would be crossing it there would be nowhere for him to hide from anyone.

Haha. Small town I guess. 911 calls go to a nursing home and then get redirected to Sheriff, ambulance, fire etc if I'm understanding correctly. I wonder why a Sheriff would respond rather than a State Trooper. Maybe there aren't any out in that area.

I still find it odd that the Texas Ranger assigned to the case checked to see if there were any State Troopers in that area at that time.

I don't find that odd. I would think they would want the closest LEO to respond in case someone was hurt or needed help for some reason. If there were no state troopers close enough, and these deputies were a lot closer, it isn't out of the ordinary for them to respond. Sometimes when there has been a major accident on the highway, you will see sheriff's deputies as well as state troopers and even city cops there, if it is a multi-vehicle accident. All LE agencies work together... or should, anyway.

Interesting about the Geo youth prison. It's almost exactly 3 miles from the truck heading into Bronte. There has been lots of scandal around the prison and it was shut down in 2007. I'm unsure if it ever reopened but it is on the current list of Texas prisons.

I found this:
The Coke County Juvenile Justice Center in Bronte, Texas has faced a series of lawsuits for rape and molestation charges. When escapes take place (and they take place often), guards are usually found to have aided them. Privatized prison guards aren’t sworn police officers either, so when riots do take place it’s no surprise they don’t risk their lives interfering.

I could totally see Brandon saying

Escapers pushed some guards over

I don't know how Brandon could have made it that far on foot given the timeline unless he left his house earlier than reported. We have assumed that Brandon called Kyle right when he ran out of gas but he could have called him later when he got into trouble. If Brandon's call to Kyle was similar to what he said to the 911 dispatcher imagine Kyle's confusion.

Is the Geo Youth Correction Center currently open? That is a very good question. And given it's very scandalous past, an incident there would probably be hush hush.

ETA: Its called Wackenhut (old name) aka Coke County Correctional Center or Juvenile Justice

Awesome thanks! 3 miles is so far.

The map really puts it into perspective, doesn't it? I imagine it's completely pitch black out there, a phone light probably wouldn't be that helpful and the battery would probably die before the 3 mile point.

I'm actually having dreams about this case now :facepalm:

The map really puts it into perspective, doesn't it? I imagine it's completely pitch black out there, a phone light probably wouldn't be that helpful and the battery would probably die before the 3 mile point.

I'm actually having dreams about this case now :facepalm:

Yes it does! Great map, thanks techpuppy!!

I dreamt about it last night too! Maybe it's Brandon coming to us in our dreams trying to help us solve the mystery? :please:

I still can't find anything saying whether the correctional facility ever re-opened. There is big $$ and lots of scandal around that facility. I did find this statement by Geo regarding the closure in 2007. Does anyone know? Locals?

"We are disappointed in the Texas Youth Commission's decision to discontinue our contract at the Coke County Juvenile Justice Center," GEO Chief Executive Officer George Zoley said in a release. "We have provided quality detention services at the center for thirteen years. We will be marketing the available beds at the center to state and federal detention agencies around the country."

escapers? I am not sure I have ever even heard that word used by anyone. It gave me a chuckle but as someone who is following but not commenting much, I think new theories, ideas and insight are all great! But... "escapers"? I hear "staters" without a doubt.

Saw this case today on FB. A post last night from a private investigator hired by ??? family? explains a lot of details. A lot more info is clarified by the investigator in the 500+ comments to this one post. I think someone came after him while he was waiting for gas & the "I hit someone" statement is in reference to hitting someone who was physically attacking him? Very intriguing case.
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson/posts/148087428733673

Just curious
Why did Kyle go ck on LL? After BL left?
Where exactly was his truck? I've seen south north here and there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious
Why did Kyle go ck on LL? After BL left?
Where exactly was his truck? I've seen south north here and there

techpuppy just posted a wonderful map showing the exact location of the truck. SOUTH of Bronte.

escapers? I am not sure I have ever even heard that word used by anyone. It gave me a chuckle but as someone who is following but not commenting much, I think new theories, ideas and insight are all great! But... "escapers"? I hear "staters" without a doubt.

I don't think I've ever heard the word "staters" used. To me it sounds most like a skyper perched/pushed some guys/guards/gods over.

And I have listened more times than you can imagine. Yesterday I slowed the file way way down and played around with pitch, tempo and speed.

My nephew lives in East Texas and I asked him if he'd ever heard anyone call State Troopers "Staters" and FWIW he said no.

Some details of the searches can be found at this link. I know I've read that sometimes HR (cadaver) dogs are trained with pigs/pig blood. Was this "slight interest" Brandon? Brandon's blood? This must be where the comment about the hogs blood in the Observer originated. According to this article it seems to be unknown whether it could have been Brandon vs a hog.

The TexSAR canines are highly trained. These HR dogs will not “hit” on varmint carcasses. However, dead hogs sometimes prove a distraction to HR animals. Each handler wears a gps device which provided an extremely detailed analysis of all area covered.
The search was extended to the northeast following one HR dog showing slight interest. However even with the extension, the search revealed no sign of Brandon Lawson – no remains, no clothing, no wallet, no cell phone, and no keys.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1069759?ref=feeds/latest

Updated timeline to add LL report on facebook of 911 call by passing motorist. Here she gives the call time of 12:40am. Sanangelolive reports it as 12:58am. Were there 2 calls?

Brandon Lawson Timeline
Aug 8 11:53pm Brandon left his house (PI timeline 11:54/Blogtalk 11:53)
Aug 9 12:10am Kyle went to Brandon/LL’s house to check on Ladessa (PI timeline)
Aug 9 12:30am Kyle called Ladessa and said Brandon was out of gas and said he needed gas cans (PI timeline)
Aug 9 12:34am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline)
Aug 9 12:36am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline)
Aug 9 12:38am Brandon called Kyle saying he ran out of gas (Blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 12:40am Ladessa reports 911 call about truck in the road at 12:40 (facebook)
Aug 9 12:48am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline)
Aug 9 12:53am Brandon 911 call (PI timeline 12:53am/blogtalk transcripts 12:54am)
Aug 9 12:58am 911 call about truck parked haphazard on road (sanangelolive.com)
Aug 9 1:10am Kyle/Gf and Deputy Neal arrive at the truck (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 1:19am last communication from Brandon to Kyle’s gf saying he was bleeding (blogtalk transcripts 1:19/PI Timeline says called on the way to truck at 1:18)
Aug 9 4:30am Kyle calls Ladessa to tell her he can’t find Brandon/she realizes she has missed calls (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 5:00am Ladessa called police station to see if there was an update (PI Timeline/blog talk says 4:30am)
Aug 9 7:00am Kyle puts gas in the truck and leaves the gas can in the back (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 8:30am Sheriff’s dept has truck towed (blogtalk transcripts)

Sources:
PI timeline link
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbra...48087428733673

Blogtalk transcripts are on page 2 of this thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=222105&page=2

sanangelolive.com about 911 call for truck on side of road
http://sanangelolive.com/news/2013-09-24/missing-dead-or-run-where-brandon-lawson

Of this discussion. If you will notice when u post it numbers it. Sorry

So BL went missing between San Angelo and bronte? Or the other side? Of bronte.

Txnana64, that would be referred to here as the post #. (Just in case you want to reference other post #'s in the future) I brought that post forward. It is part 2 of the Blogtalk radio interview with LL.

I don't think I've ever heard the word "staters" used. To me it sounds most like a skyper perched/pushed some guys/guards/gods over.

And I have listened more times than you can imagine. Yesterday I slowed the file way way down and played around with pitch, tempo and speed.

My nephew lives in East Texas and I asked him if he'd ever heard anyone call State Troopers "Staters" and FWIW he said no.

I think I definitely hear the word starting with a s or c the 'sssss' sound and also hear a 'p' sound in there with a 'er' sound at the end.

It sounds just like "Sy-per" The second word sounds like "percherd".

But that makes no sense. So I keep wondering.

I wish I could play around with the recording some, but I'm not sure how to.

Coke County Juvenile Justice Center
On October 2, 2007, we received a notice of termination of our contract with the Texas Youth Commission for the housing of juvenile inmates at our 200-bed Coke County Juvenile Justice Center located in Bronte, Texas. We formerly leased the facility under the terms of an agreement with Coke County. On March 17, 2008, we purchased the land and the existing facility from Coke County at a cost of $3.2 million, terminating any further obligations of the Company under the lease. We intend to retain the facility and the related land for future business purposes and has renamed the facility Oak Creek Confinement Center.

I think I definitely hear the word starting with a s or c the 'sssss' sound and also hear a 'p' sound in there with a 'er' sound at the end.

It sounds just like "Sy-per" The second word sounds like "percherd".

But that makes no sense. So I keep wondering.

I wish I could play around with the recording some, but I'm not sure how to.

You have to have an audio editing program. There are several free ones. I use audacity.

Like another poster, I've heard "stater" used before in the south to describe State Trooper, but not very frequently.

The pregnant lady's posts have been since deleted, by whom, I do not know, but I looked on the HFBL page & couldn't find them,. But the lady FB profile is public & her statement about being pregnant & why she didn't stop seems to be contradicted by things she has posted on her FB page. Js

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen