TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I read somewhere that the tape had not been edited. Maybe it was techpuppy? I need to go find it, but I do think BL's words are in consecutive order. I think this is a copy of the real tape in almost all of it's entirety.
No, It wasn't me. I feel that we have not heard the original recording and I also suspect it has been altered. At the very least I am suspicious that various phrases have been moved around and perhaps some removed. And my feeing is that's why some people are upset that the recording was released. It's not the content that concerns them, perhaps, but the possible evidence of tampering with the recording.

Add in the strangeness of LE remaining quiet about the integrity of the recording, their lack of explanation about why they thought Brandon was no longer in Coke county, and what seem to be "secret" search areas. None of the comparatively recent searches have been defined.

I do wonder if the tape was edited and a little snippet was removed in the saper word and if maybe he did indeed say State Trooper. The only reason I keep leaning this way is the Ranger said he checked and there were no State Trooper calls in the area.

And that takes my mind to the OK fake? State Trooper 911 call we've heard about lately.

IMO it's possible the tape was edited to protect the investigation. Or to cover up something. It could be something LL is privvy to or maybe not. If he does say State Trooper and they suspect it might have been someone impersonating a State Trooper and LL is aware of this, that might be why she was so insistent that that is not what it says. Perhaps that is critical information that was not supposed to be let out and she blew it by releasing the tape. She seemed pretty insistent that he was not saying State Trooper.

I could also see this as the reason LL is now clamming up and doesn't want to answer questions. Did she blow the investigation by releasing the 911 call?

From the Blogtalk interview 1/27/14 (when did LL release the 911 call?)

LL: Yeah, the Ranger, he told me that he checked every, you know, to see if there was any calls out there or state troopers or anything, and there was no one out there. I don't know if anybody was broken down, but Brandon was really nice. I think what worries me the most is, if Brandon ran out of gas and he asked someone for help, because Brandon was real nice. Brandon didn't know a stranger. He was just an outgoing person, and he would also help anybody. He would give the shirt off his back to anybody but, I mean, he could've asked for help and something could've happened to Brandon. I don't know. Or Brandon could've been scared running and he could've got bit by a snake or he could've hit his head or fell in the brush or something bad like that. I really don't know.

Why did the Ranger check to see if there were any calls out there or State Troopers or anything?

Why is LL not interested in deciphering what he's saying in the 911 call, specifically the SAPER part?

IMO the most logical answer is she already knows what B said (and so does the Ranger) and this is part of the investigation that was not supposed to get out there.

Did someone edit the tape? I certainly think it's possible that LL or LE did so as to not jeopardize the investigation.

It's interesting that LL shared on the fb page the article about the missing man in OK who was being chased by State Troopers.

People impersonating cops does happen and there are also dirty cops. Is this what happened to Brandon?

Google "police impersonators" and you will be amazed how often this happens.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Reti...ives-investigate-impersonators-243613651.html

Boyd police recently retired that vehicle, the chief said, and it was supposed to be stripped of decals and equipment by the McKinney dealership that bought it.
But someone advertised the car for sale on Craigslist "as-is" for $5,700. The Crown Victoria that Boyd retired still had its exterior markings, police radios, a radar, red-and-blue light bar, and prisoner cage in the back seat.
"It's concerning, because they could fall in the wrong hands," Grelle said.
That's not the only example, though.
News 8 found another marked patrol car with a red-and-blue light bar and prisoner cage at a used car lot in Lewisville. The eight-year-old Crown Victoria is listed for less than $8,000.
Craigslist alone lists dozens of retired police cars in North Texas. Most are unmarked. Security guards buy some, smaller police departments do, too, but the problem is that the public can purchase one as well.

Here is where LL says B called K at 12:38. It's from the Blogtalk interview on page #2 of thread #1 (I realize the links didn't copy properly to the updated timeline above but it's easy to find)

LL: Yeah. Brandon went missing August 9, 2013. We got in an argument, he left our house, and he ran out of gas. And he called his brother and said he ran out of gas and, when he went there, Brandon wasn't at the truck and the cop, Deputy N, pulled up at the same time. We didn't know at the time that Brandon called 911, but Brandon did call 911 at 12:53, then he called his brother at 12:38, and then they arrived at 1:10, the cop and his brother did, and Brandon wasn't there. It's been, on Friday it'll be six months. We still don't have one clue of where Brandon is or what happened, but we do have his 911 call saying that someone was after him, chasing him. And that's about it. That's all of the clues we have, and that Brandon was in the middle of a field. But, besides that, we don't have any clue or any suspicions where Brandon's at. That's all I have.

It's possible that LL is talking about another call to K from B after the initial call saying he was out of gas. It was stated that they were communicating (or trying to) as K was driving to B's location.

From the PI timeline on HFBL fb page

08/09/2013 Approx 12:30 AM Kyle called Ladessa and said that Brandon ran out of gas and Ladessa asked Kyle to take the gas can, get it filled, and bring it to Brandon. Kyle took the gas can and left.

The time given here is approximate.

I sure wish we had some clarification as to what time B called K saying he was out of gas and K called LL telling her he needed the gas cans.

I do wonder if the tape was edited and a little snippet was removed in the saper word and if maybe he did indeed say State Trooper. The only reason I keep leaning this way is the Ranger said he checked and there were no State Trooper calls in the area.

And that takes my mind to the OK fake? State Trooper 911 call we've heard about lately.

IMO it's possible the tape was edited to protect the investigation. Or to cover up something. It could be something LL is privvy to or maybe not. If he does say State Trooper and they suspect it might have been someone impersonating a State Trooper and LL is aware of this, that might be why she was so insistent that that is not what it says. Perhaps that is critical information that was not supposed to be let out and she blew it by releasing the tape. She seemed pretty insistent that he was not saying State Trooper.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I agree with LL on this. I don't hear State Trooper at all. I really think it has to do with our wonderful Southern drawl that is difficult for some people to decipher, but plain as day for us Texans.

I am open to the possibility, but really don't think that is what he says myself. JMO.

Thanks techpuppy about the editing of the tape. Maybe I read this was a copy of the original tape, but no mention of editing. I am awful at finding things I read unless I save everything to my computer.

Here is where LL says B called K at 12:38. It's from the Blogtalk interview on page #2 of thread #1 (I realize the links didn't copy properly to the updated timeline above but it's easy to find)

LL: Yeah. Brandon went missing August 9, 2013. We got in an argument, he left our house, and he ran out of gas. And he called his brother and said he ran out of gas and, when he went there, Brandon wasn't at the truck and the cop, Deputy N, pulled up at the same time. We didn't know at the time that Brandon called 911, but Brandon did call 911 at 12:53, then he called his brother at 12:38, and then they arrived at 1:10, the cop and his brother did, and Brandon wasn't there. It's been, on Friday it'll be six months. We still don't have one clue of where Brandon is or what happened, but we do have his 911 call saying that someone was after him, chasing him. And that's about it. That's all of the clues we have, and that Brandon was in the middle of a field. But, besides that, we don't have any clue or any suspicions where Brandon's at. That's all I have.

It's possible that LL is talking about another call to K from B after the initial call saying he was out of gas. It was stated that they were communicating (or trying to) as K was driving to B's location.

08/09/2013 Approx 12:30 AM Kyle called Ladessa and said that Brandon ran out of gas and Ladessa asked Kyle to take the gas can, get it filled, and bring it to Brandon. Kyle took the gas can and left.

I sure wish we had some clarification as to what time B called K saying he was out of gas and K called LL telling her he needed the gas cans.

The timeline fits if B called K at 12:38. It took K 30 minutes to go pick up the gas can and drive to the truck and arrive at 1:10. That is approximately 30 minutes and that is how long it should take to accomplish those tasks. I think the PI's timeline is just not as accurate.

If the PI is not accurate with her spelling, I can see her not being accurate with her timing too. No snark intended, just an observation.

Well, LL does say someone was chasing him, was after him. I would like to know if in the days or weeks prior to that night, did BL have any problems with anyone, fights, anything that could possibly stand out as someone may have a grudge. I think that could be important.

I am still very troubled by what K has said and done that night. Something happened to BL and if the wall of drama continues, he may never be found.:banghead:

Even the smallest detail could have a huge impact.

The timeline fits if B called K at 12:38. It took K 30 minutes to go pick up the gas can and drive to the truck and arrive at 1:10. That is approximately 30 minutes and that is how long it should take to accomplish those tasks. I think the PI's timeline is just not as accurate.

If the PI is not accurate with her spelling, I can see her not being accurate with her timing too. No snark intended, just an observation.

I like snark :) But I also hold people who are supposed to be professionals to a higher standard and I feel she has failed on that. It is a life, and it is someone who is missing and they deserve better than that.

OT, I want to say all of you working on this are awesome. I know I jumped in only recently, but you guys are wonderful. If I ever go missing I hope you all would be on my case :)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I agree with LL on this. I don't hear State Trooper at all. I really think it has to do with our wonderful Southern drawl that is difficult for some people to decipher, but plain as day for us Texans.

I am open to the possibility, but really don't think that is what he says myself. JMO.

Thanks techpuppy about the editing of the tape. Maybe I read this was a copy of the original tape, but no mention of editing. I am awful at finding things I read unless I save everything to my computer.

I believe she said she thought he said "taper". She did not hear "in fact were" so that part is definitely not just a Texan thing. She really appeared uninterested in deciphering it from what I can tell.

Well in all fairness to the PI some of the times are listed as approximate. But I think it's very odd to release an official timeline with approximate times.

I believe she said she thought he said "taper". She did not hear "in fact were" so that part is definitely not just a Texan thing. She really appeared uninterested in deciphering it from what I can tell.

In all honesty, do you think she knows more than what she is saying. And that is why the huge drama when asked questions ?

Because to be honest, her whole attitude seems odd.

Why is the State Trooper chase/missing person case out of OK on the HFBL page?

In all honesty, do you think she knows more than what she is saying. And that is why the huge drama when asked questions ?

Because to be honest, her whole attitude seems odd.

Yes I think that's possible. I think releasing of the 911 tape may have backfired on her a bit. I don't think it was well thought out. I would bet there is info about the investigation that LE has shared with LL that she was not supposed to disclose. If she is being honest, she certainly wouldn't want to jeopardize the investigation and I don't think that was her intentions by releasing the 911 tape. I think it was because LE stopped searching and she wanted to put pressure on them to do more to find Brandon and she thought if the public heard his cries for help on the 911 call it would work. I don't think she thought there would be such an interest in figuring out what he was saying. I also think it's possible that LL is being misguided by others.

This is all just something I could see as possible. I remain convinced of nothing!

Why? I'm not buying that. I think LL knows darn well what B said in that tape.

I'm not sure why, its just something that popped in my head. So many things make no sense or are odd.

I wish LE would make a statement of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman