TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for joining us MM! There is so much mis-information out there that's it's nice to have some clarification. I'm assuming when you are referring to B's "condition" you are implying that he was not sober (I suspected he was slurring in the 911 tape).

Thanks for clearing up how the call came in and how the deputies responded.

I do understand your explanation of your article about Missing man no longer in Coke County but TEXSAR and others did not search every inch of the county. Is it not possible that he was taken somewhere else within the county by vehicle and dumped?

I have seen some of B's arrest records as they are public record. I realize he is no saint and had an outstanding warrant but in my opinion he still deserves to be found. Of course there is the slight possibility that he is on the run, but in my opinion from what I know at this point it seems unlikely.

I was not aware that there had been new searches based on the new ping. That is interesting.

The idea he was picked up and taken somewhere else is a solid theory. I've been accused of posting opinion as fact. Let me state, the following is entirely my own opinion. BL called 911 and was frantic at 12:53. He spoke with his brother at 1:10 when the deputy arrived at the vehicle. If he was that frantic with his brother, why in the world wouldn't the brother say something to the deputy - warrant or not?

I know approximately where the ping was. I was raised in Bronte and have been over most of it. Because of the high river banks between the vehicle and the ping and all the rough country in between, MMO it would have been impossible for a champion athlete to have made it in the timeline law enforcement has. If would have been hard to drive it in the time for someone really familiar with the back roads of our county in the time frame.

I was told there was another person with the brother and his girlfriend - a friend of KL. The deputy (from interview) saw no other parked or abandoned vehicles on the roadway between Bronte and the Coke County/Tom Green county line.

The Stripes cameras were checked. That's how they knew when Kyle put gas in the can.

Do you have any thoughts about how that phone ping could have happened then? Was that ping off the 1:18 text from B to A saying he was bleeding?

There was another person with K and A? Interesting. Does LE think it's possible that K and A and friend found a live B and took him somewhere and he's in hiding from the warrant? I find it very suspect that K didn't get gas until 7am.

So no other cars.

Do you know anything about the pregnant woman who claimed to see B's truck on one side of the road then going home it was on the opposite side?

And MM just to clarify what K told the deputy. You are saying that after LE found out that K had been on the phone with B while the deputy was there, he came forward and told LE that B said he was hiding due to the cops being there? K did not say that's what he thought was going on?

How does that make sense? Why would B hide from the cops after calling 911 and asking for the cops?

Is it possible in your OPINION that B was intoxicated and the whole 911 call was a hallucination of sorts? My daughter is a Paramedic who deals with this type of thing and I had her listen to the 911 call and that's what she thought. She's knows nothing more about the case. She said it sounded like he was on something and trippin. She said they get those kinds of calls all the time. I thought that was interesting.

And I would like to know about any other vehicles in the area that night. We've heard rumor but that's about it.

I double checked to make sure of what KL told LE about what BL told him. KL said that BL told him he was hiding.

Your daughter is very, very smart.

The deputy saw no other parked or abandoned vehicles along either side of Hwy 277 all the way from Bronte 13 miles south to the Coke/Tom Green county line.

Oh and one more thing. What kind of vehicle were K, A and friend in that night? If you know and can answer?

The idea he was picked up and taken somewhere else is a solid theory. I've been accused of posting opinion as fact. Let me state, the following is entirely my own opinion. BL called 911 and was frantic at 12:53. He spoke with his brother at 1:10 when the deputy arrived at the vehicle. If he was that frantic with his brother, why in the world wouldn't the brother say something to the deputy - warrant or not?

Oh I agree 100%.

I understand that you are here posting as a reporter with opinions and you are not representing LE.

Do you have any thoughts about how that phone ping could have happened then? Was that ping off the 1:18 text from B to A saying he was bleeding?

There was another person with K and A? Interesting. Does LE think it's possible that K and A and friend found a live B and took him somewhere and he's in hiding from the warrant? I find it very suspect that K didn't get gas until 7am.

So no other cars.

Do you know anything about the pregnant woman who claimed to see B's truck on one side of the road then going home it was on the opposite side?

We are a very rural area. LE was told by Verizon that because of the distance between towers, they were unable to be precise with the ping location.

The only place I've ever seen anything about the pregnant woman is on fb. I've never heard anything about her from law enforcement. When I checked with them about her, they said she nor her mother ever contacted them.

Based on your knowledge of the terrain, are there sink holes, caves, etc that Brandon could have fallen in and no one would ever see him, the hole or signs of disturbance?

Oh I agree 100%.

I understand that you are here posting as a reporter with opinions and you are not representing LE.

I won't allow my husband to dictate what is written in the OE and I do not dare tell him how to run his SO. I would never represent LE. This case, mainly due to the followers on HFBL, has been extremely difficult. When I see my husband, his staff, myself, our county, our town, the landowners, the Ranger etc. being maligned, I get angry.

Well this helps clear some things up in my mind.

I have given much thought to the fact that he's on the run and alive but I can't figure out what the heck LL is doing if that's the case. It makes no sense to me UNLESS she is not in on it.

Did LE freeze B's bank account? Do you know if that's a joint account? I saw where he's out on a $50,000 bond so we were wondering if Coke County froze it or perhaps the bondsman?

MM can you verify something for me please ma'am. Has Ladessa, Kyle and Audrey ever been officially questioned by LE or any agency about what all happened that night or has it just been just taking the missing person statement?

Based on your knowledge of the terrain, are there sink holes, caves, etc that Brandon could have fallen in and no one would ever see him, the hole or signs of disturbance?

Where the vehicle was parked, it is completely flat on both sides. In fact, it is flat all the way north to the Colorado River. There is actually water under that bridge, but it's only about a foot or less deep. I drove across a low water crossing on the Colorado River not to far from there last Friday. There was no water at all. We are in a bad drought.
Very quickly when you head south from the vehicle, it becomes very rough. That is why those rough areas were searched more times and extremely thoroughly, especially by TexSAR. They went back and forth across this area with the dogs multiple times.

Well this helps clear some things up in my mind.

I have given much thought to the fact that he's on the run and alive but I can't figure out what the heck LL is doing if that's the case. It makes no sense to me UNLESS she is not in on it.

Did LE freeze B's bank account? Do you know if that's a joint account? I saw where he's out on a $50,000 bond so we were wondering if Coke County froze it or perhaps the bondsman?

I'm not sure it's frozen or just that BL was the only one on the account. Coke County would have no reason to freeze the account. They only need to be contacted if someone tries to access it. BL's warrant is out of Johnson County. I have not talked to that SO.

Where the vehicle was parked, it is completely flat on both sides. In fact, it is flat all the way north to the Colorado River. There is actually water under that bridge, but it's only about a foot or less deep. I drove across a low water crossing on the Colorado River not to far from there last Friday. There was no water at all. We are in a bad drought.
Very quickly when you head south from the vehicle, it becomes very rough. That is why those rough areas were searched more times and extremely thoroughly, especially by TexSAR. They went back and forth across this area with the dogs multiple times.

Oh one more question lol :D

What about the hog blood scent that TEXSAR picked up on? I know there was an extended search to the NE and I assumed it was due to this. Is there any way to know for sure if it was hog vs human? I know many HRD dogs train on pig blood and carcasses don't they? It would be hard to distinguish between the two if that's the case. Could it have been B's blood?

So Brandon telling K, he was 10 minutes up/down the road, would have been which direction and he would have been seen except if he wandered off the the south?

MM can you verify something for me please ma'am. Has Ladessa, Kyle and Audrey ever been officially questioned by LE or any agency about what all happened that night or has it just been just taking the missing person statement?

I'm sorry, but I can't report on that.

I'm not sure it's frozen or just that BL was the only one on the account. Coke County would have no reason to freeze the account. They only need to be contacted if someone tries to access it. BL's warrant is out of Johnson County. I have not talked to that SO.

Yes I've seen his priors in Johnson County. It was not from when B was young as LL tried to lead people to believe. Not that it matters as far as finding him but it just shows the dishonesty. There were arrests in 2005 and 2008 and a more recent indictment in 2012 that he never appeared on from what I can see. The latest arrest was a $50k bond. There are some other charges elsewhere too.

Regardless he deserves to be found. I am just disturbed by the dishonesty.

Oh one more question lol :D

What about the hog blood scent that TEXSAR picked up on? I know there was an extended search to the NE and I assumed it was due to this. Is there any way to know for sure if it was hog vs human? I know many HRD dogs train on pig blood and carcasses don't they? It would be hard to distinguish between the two if that's the case. Could it have been B's blood?

The County Trapper and others fly the river killing hogs out of helicopters to try to keep the hog population from taking us over. The land on both sides of the river is littered with dead hogs.

Although they did extend the search to include where the dog showed interest, they did not believe they would find anything there other than the dead hogs because it was so far away from where they believe Brandon could have walked or run in his condition.

Thank you all for being so kind to me tonight. I also want to thank all of you for taking such an interest in helping find BL. Fresh eyes may see something those close to the case may have not.

I have to get a paper out in the morning so I'm going to turn in for the night.

Thank you all for being so kind to me tonight. I also want to thank all of you for taking such an interest in helping find BL. Fresh eyes may see something those close to the case may have not.

I have to get a paper out in the morning so I'm going to turn in for the night.

Thank you for your answers and insights...I look forward to much more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members