TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HFBL just posted a pic of the tower B's phone pinged off of. If his phone only pinged a single tower than I am leery about trusting it. From what I read, a single tower ping is not very accurate. She (assuming LL made the post) also talks about gps but in the context she used on the post I have no idea what she's saying. GPS is different than a cell phone ping. GPS comes from satellites and is very accurate. Tower pings are not so accurate and a single tower ping can only give a general location within a so many mile radius. I posted this info a few pages back. I don't even know if LL knows what she has from Verizon.

HFBL just posted a pic of the tower B's phone pinged off of. If his phone only pinged a single tower than I am leery about trusting it. From what I read, a single tower ping is not very accurate. She (assuming LL made the post) also talks about gps but in the context she used on the post I have no idea what she's saying. GPS is different than a cell phone ping. GPS comes from satellites and is very accurate. Tower pings are not so accurate and a single tower ping can only give a general location within a so many mile radius. I posted this info a few pages back. I don't even know if LL knows what she has from Verizon.

We both must have been there reading that at the same time :floorlaugh:

I think LL was the one that posted it, she has a pretty distinct writing style. I am concerned about the comments where people want to go down there and protest in front of the landowners who as they say are not letting people search there land. That is stupid for one thing and another, I am guessing Texas is just like other places where we defend the right to shoot crazy trespasers on our lands! :scared: ( snarkiness in case anyone thinks I randomly shoot people ) :floorlaugh:

Here in CA you can't even shoot someone if they're breaking in your house UNLESS you can prove that you thought your life was in danger. I'm moving to Texas! :D

That area is very remote with long driveways to the scattered homes and most have locked gates at the entrance. Where they gonna protest? Stupid, just stupid IMO. LL and CC are the ones leading people to believe landowners are not cooperating. They might be shooting themselves in the foot in doing so IMO.

Here in CA you can't even shoot someone if they're breaking in your house UNLESS you can prove that you thought your life was in danger. I'm moving to Texas! :D

That area is very remote with long driveways to the scattered homes and most have locked gates at the entrance. Where they gonna protest? Stupid, just stupid IMO. LL and CC are the ones leading people to believe landowners are not cooperating. They might be shooting themselves in the foot in doing so IMO.

In Texas, our running joke is to make sure that they are inside the threshold of your door, and no bullets to the back. :D

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

Lmao! I am so glad I moved back here when I did and we have pretty good gun laws. I got arrested in CA wen I lived there for assualting the person who broke in my own house WTH?? The judge said even though I used excessive force, they broke in and it was my right. First time in my life I was ever arrested and had to go through booking and all that! I was mortified..lol

On that point you are 100% correct. Which is so wrong and does nothing to help find the missing. MOO

In Texas, our running joke is to make sure that they are inside the threshold of your door, and no bullets to the back. :D

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: My grandmother used to tell us kids that! I love it!

O/T The shooting yesterday at FT Hood brought back so many memories of when my daughter & son in law were stationed there during the last shooting. My daughter was two buildings down and was terrified . My heart goes out to the victims of yesterday's shooting. :praying:

:floorlaugh:

Ya California....the only state where criminals have more rights than victims. And so do illegal aliens! Close to where I live there is a new Immigration office going in and all the illegals have been protesting it and threatening to move out of the area! LOL!!! Only in California.... Oh and California's answer to so many illegal aliens driving without car insurance? Give them drivers licenses of course, so they can get car insurance!!! Yep a new DMV building going in just for the illegals to get their drivers licenses. I could go on and on.... Heck I can't even kill a raccoon if it's attacking my dog!

O/T The shooting yesterday at FT Hood brought back so many memories of when my daughter & son in law were stationed there during the last shooting. My daughter was two buildings down and was terrified . My heart goes out to the victims of yesterday's shooting. :praying:

Yes. So sad. :(

Raccoon's have more rights than my dog. True story. My little pug got attacked by 2 large mean raccoons and they almost killed her. I told animal control that if the raccoons came back I was gonna kill em and was informed that I would be fined if I did so. What??? I said, then get them outta here and they told me to HIRE a paid trapper.

What a joke!

:floorlaugh:

Ya California....the only state where criminals have more rights than victims. And so do illegal aliens! Close to where I live there is a new Immigration office going in and all the illegals have been protesting it and threatening to move out of the area! LOL!!! Only in California.... Oh and California's answer to so many illegal aliens driving without car insurance? Give them drivers licenses of course, so they can get car insurance!!! Yep a new DMV building going in just for the illegals to get their drivers licenses. I could go on and on.... Heck I can't even kill a raccoon if it's attacking my dog!

Don't get me started..lol I do miss Cali, but there are just somethings I really, really do not miss.

Wow, SMH That so blows my mind about the drivers license thing. OMG :facepalm:

Raccoon's have more rights than my dog. True story. My little pug got attacked by 2 large mean raccoons and they almost killed her. I told animal control that if the raccoons came back I was gonna kill em and was informed that I would be fined if I did so. What??? I said, then get them outta here and they told me to HIRE a paid trapper.

What a joke!

OMG Seriously??? Raccoons aren't endangered! :facepalm:

I could go on and on...everything has rights around here. They close a whole section of beach down during the Snower Plover (a bird) nesting season. We had a large peat bog fire that burned forever...I think it was over a year, and they couldn't put the fire out due to an endangered red tree fog that lived in there.

I love California. I'm born and raised here, but all these damn laws and taking away everyone's rights drives me insane! Only the critters, criminals and illegals have rights. LOL

I believe that pic of the cell tower LL posted is the one on Hwy 277 not far from the truck location. I don't see how they could get an accurate ping from just that one tower. Not from what I understand of cell phone pings that is. Can anyone comprehend what she's saying about GPS?

Maybe RW can confirm it's that tower on Hwy 277?

The whole ping/gps thing is crucial IMO but I don't know what they have for data or what it's accuracy might be. If it was just a one tower ping there is no way it will pinpoint a specific location from what I understand. It will give a radius within so many miles out from the tower of possible locations. They can judge the distance based on how long it takes for the message to ping the tower then the phone or something like that but it's not pinpoint accurate. More accurate with 2 towers and it gets even more accurate with 3 or more towers (triangulation).

Yes, we (myself and ex) were stationed there as well until 2000. After spending a few years there, it holds a place close to me. I have 3 grown sons, early 20s, who are all Army. Thankful none of them are at Hood....but they could have been. And it could have happened anywhere else, which puts it all into a different perspective. :/

I believe that pic of the cell tower LL posted is the one on Hwy 277 not far from the truck location. I don't see how they could get an accurate ping from just that one tower. Not from what I understand of cell phone pings that is. Can anyone comprehend what she's saying about GPS?

The whole ping/gps thing is crucial IMO but I don't know what they have for data or what it's accuracy might be. If it was just a one tower ping there is no way it will pinpoint a specific location from what I understand. It will give a radius within so many miles out from the tower of possible locations. They can judge the distance based on how long it takes for the message to ping the tower then the phone or something like that but it's not pinpoint accurate. More accurate with 2 towers and it gets even more accurate with 3 or more towers (triangulation).

This is the same picture that was posted months ago and in the comments section, LL says it's by the nursing home.

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbr...0.1396553432./174899122719170/?type=3&theater

Ping and GPS, two totally different animals, which makes what she's saying horribly confusing.

INVOLUNTARY MISSING is the only choice on the DPS missing person report that LL and LE could have selected. Unless he was endangered etc. You cannot report a missing adult person to DPS who is VOLUNTARY MISSING because they are not technically MISSING.

I've seen a lot of talk on this subject. It's clear to me from looking at the forms that A LOVED ONE of the missing is the one who completes the forms, turns them into LE who completes their sections and turns it in to the DPS.

According to the Observer LL did not complete the MP paperwork until the next week after B went missing. It's an official MP report that must be completed by a loved one from what I can tell.

Perhaps this is another thing RW can clear up if I'm wrong?

I could go on and on...everything has rights around here. They close a whole section of beach down during the Snower Plover (a bird) nesting season. We had a large peat bog fire that burned forever...I think it was over a year, and they couldn't put the fire out due to an endangered red tree fog that lived in there.

I love California. I'm born and raised here, but all these damn laws and taking away everyone's rights drives me insane! Only the critters, criminals and illegals have rights. LOL

That sounds like near where I was born and raised! I always tell people I was born and raised where they filmed lost boys. hehehe :floorlaugh:

Ping and GPS, two totally different animals, which makes what she's saying horribly confusing.

Thus the reason I don't think even SHE knows what she has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member