TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also know that scraps of clothing is not always going to be left behind as an indicator of some kind of proof that someone was “running in the brush.”

Something would have been discovered by now. Wild animals cannot digest everything, if that is what happened...IMO

I agree not everyone is on FB but there ARE enough people on FB that if someone had helped search, it would be somewhere, a wife, a friend of a friend etc...just moo

Yes, like "involved in the search". If you post daily or at least once weekly, I consider that pretty active on FB. If you have time to post comments, quotes or pictures, then certainly a missing flyer about a "loved one" wouldn't be that hard to post. You could at least post it once a week and just maybe, someone new might see it or remember something.

What better place to get a story around the world. Actually, BL has quite a bit of information on Google. I even found FB postings out of the country regarding BL being missing.

IMO.

Speaking of spelling...

Isn't ABILENE spelled like this? I have seen an Admin over on HFBL that keeps spelling it Abiline and it's driving me nuts! Shouldn't they know how it's spelled?

Sheriff = 1 r

Abilene = ene not ine

I noticed that too!

:gthanks:

They still run the reruns on discovery ID, but they have stopped making them. I thought at one time on another case/thread that someone had posted a news link that they would not be making anymore. No idea why, I do think the show brought a lot of MP's into the media so much more.

Well, that is a shame because they DID bring attention to some cases. I didn't watch it regularly, but I did tune in frequently. Wonder why they stopped filming new shows? Seems like every time a show comes along that I like, it gets cancelled, then the ones I don't give a flip about stay around forever.

Here in CA you can't even shoot someone if they're breaking in your house UNLESS you can prove that you thought your life was in danger. I'm moving to Texas! :D

That area is very remote with long driveways to the scattered homes and most have locked gates at the entrance. Where they gonna protest? Stupid, just stupid IMO. LL and CC are the ones leading people to believe landowners are not cooperating. They might be shooting themselves in the foot in doing so IMO.

I don't think there are that many people who randomly shoot people who wander on to their property here. LOL! Most of us are pretty civilized. I guess there are a few who might be kind of dangerous, but for the most part, I think people who threaten trespassers with guns must have something to hide.

There might have been one or two landowners who were reluctant to have them searching their land, but from what I've read, most of them were cooperative and some even helped in the search. However, if they own cattle, there could be a mean bull or two and if the thing charged at and hurt somebody, wouldn't that make the landowner responsible? Maybe that's the reason they didn't want a bunch of people on their property.

I don't think there are that many people who randomly shoot people who wander on to their property here. LOL! Most of us are pretty civilized. I guess there are a few who might be kind of dangerous, but for the most part, I think people who threaten trespassers with guns must have something to hide.

There might have been one or two landowners who were reluctant to have them searching their land, but from what I've read, most of them were cooperative and some even helped in the search. However, if they own cattle, there could be a mean bull or two and if the thing charged at and hurt somebody, wouldn't that make the landowner responsible? Maybe that's the reason they didn't want a bunch of people on their property.

I don't think the landowners are hiding anything, these people have allowed searches multiple times. Nothing was found! Why keep beating a dead horse in the mouth??? And from all the disrespectful comments I've seen regarding the landowners, if I was one of them, you better bet any trespassers would be met by the barrel of a gun...MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:facepalm:

I agree. They're just shooting themselves in the foot with all the nasty landowner comments.

From your own reporting only one professional search was done with K9-s and a SAR team? “Each of the numerous LE searches” could basically mean walking up and down the street or driving around. Can you define this? There is rough terrain all over the country and organized searches are done with ATV’s, horseback, and specialized highly trained SAR teams with experience in wilderness and far more rough terrain than Highway 277 in Bronte? While this was done on the first search, was this done on the numerous LE searches as well? I also know that scraps of clothing is not always going to be left behind as an indicator of some kind of proof that someone was “running in the brush.”

The LE search done in August included numerous officers - deputies (used to rural areas), Rangers, DPS-CID, DPS officers, San Angelo SAR, San Angelo FD, etc. Nobody walked down a street or 277 to search. Some were on foot in the heaviest brush and others were on ATVs provided by those "hateful" landowners. The TexSAR team said this was the roughest country they'd ever had to search - even worse than the Big Bend area.

In the posts regarding predators, one of the largest signs of death in our area in August are the buzzards. These birds flock in large numbers to decomposing bodies of anything. A dead coon will draw double digits - something larger will draw many more. These animals take turns eating and when it's not their turn, they circle overhead. In the last week, I used this tactic. Fortunately, they were taking turns at the last water hole in that area before it was completely dry. Rural people are used to using buzzards to help locate missing stock. During the first week of this case, that entire part of the county was observed for buzzards. Locals and LE knew that was the best way of locating BL if he was in the brush, etc. deceased.

A PR would be sent to all media outlets, not just one. SanAngeloLive did not quote the source properly and there is no record of the PR on the TxDPS site. Did you receive the same PR? If so, will you be reporting it with the appropriate quotes? Just trying to decipher what is accurate reporting and what is not? We, the public, read to many differences in the reporting of this case and it only confuses us and makes everyone suspect of having something to hide. I don't mean to sound disrespectful and do appreciate you taking the time here, and since you are here we are all going to weigh heavily on wanting accurate information because I, for one, do not know which site or news article is correct?

At the time, I did not know who in DPS did that release. I now know it came from the lead investigator in this case.

I haven't contacted San Angelo Live, but they had done a previous article on this case. Sometimes LE will send a release to the outlet that has requested one. This is my best guess on why they got one.

My best guess on why I didn't get one from this investigator? He probably thought I'd give him a call or send him an email if I had a question.

The LE search done in August included numerous officers - deputies (used to rural areas), Rangers, DPS-CID, DPS officers, San Angelo SAR, San Angelo FD, etc. Nobody walked down a street or 277 to search. Some were on foot in the heaviest brush and others were on ATVs provided by those "hateful" landowners. The TexSAR team said this was the roughest country they'd ever had to search - even worse than the Big Bend area.

In the posts regarding predators, one of the largest signs of death in our area in August are the buzzards. These birds flock in large numbers to decomposing bodies of anything. A dead coon will draw double digits - something larger will draw many more. These animals take turns eating and when it's not their turn, they circle overhead. In the last week, I used this tactic. Fortunately, they were taking turns at the last water hole in that area before it was completely dry. Rural people are used to using buzzards to help locate missing stock. During the first week of this case, that entire part of the county was observed for buzzards. Locals and LE knew that was the best way of locating BL if he was in the brush, etc. deceased.

And I'm assuming no buzzards (or buzzers lol) were seen? I agree, that somebody would have seen some if there were a body out there. Even around here where I grew up in CA we knew a flock of buzzards circling meant something was dead.

Thanks for clearing up the other searches. I knew I had read that several times. It was no quick walk down the highway. That's ridiculous! And I'll say this again...I've followed MANY MP cases and there were many more thorough searches for B than I've seen in other cases. And many with easier terrain and more "upstanding missing citizens". I know there are those claiming thorough searches have not been done but again I call BS on that. They obviously don't follow many MP cases. And I have heard nothing but raving reviews about TexSAR. They really are right up there with the best of the best in SAR groups.

At the time, I did not know who in DPS did that release. I now know it came from the lead investigator in this case.

I haven't contacted San Angelo Live, but they had done a previous article on this case. Sometimes LE will send a release to the outlet that has requested one. This is my best guess on why they got one.

My best guess on why I didn't get one from this investigator? He probably thought I'd give him a call or send him an email if I had a question.

It makes sense that they likely signed up for email updates. Please let us know if you get verification of that so we can lay this one to rest too.

On the HFBL page I did see where a property owner had apparently gave them some flack about searching due to it being opening day of hunting season, but from what I can understand (she didn't mind them searching the land, but the date of the search wasn't a good time and she wanted LE or a search and rescue present). She didn't want just random people on her land. All of the comments from the landowner were of course deleted. A very one sided conversation to say the least.

I'd be the same way though, I would want a trained SAR, before I would ever consider just anyone searching my property.

JMO

I've been reading back through old fb posts back when B first went missing and now I'm seeing how this whole story has grown legs over time. There are those who desperately want to point fingers at landowners, LE, the 911 dispatcher, lack of searches, RW, the fact that the DPS missing person report lists him as INVOLUNTARY MISSING meaning he is not on the run etc etc. Really really poor way to try to get help to find a MP IMO.

LE almost always says NO FOUL PLAY SUSPECTED unless they have proof otherwise and they almost never name a POI or SUSPECT until they are ready to make an arrest and they almost always list MP as INVOLUNTARY MISSING or ENDANGERED MISSING. He would not be on the DPS MP list if LL or a family member did not fill out the paperwork stating he was involuntary missing and submitting it to LE. I don't even know if LE has a choice of whether or not to submit that to DPS or if it's mandatory reporting? Regardless, that DOES NOT mean that LE or the RANGER or DPS is 100% convinced that he is not missing of his own free will.

On the HFBL page I did see where a property owner had apparently gave them some flack about searching due to it being opening day of hunting season, but from what I can understand (she didn't mind them searching the land, but the date of the search wasn't a good time and she wanted LE or a search and rescue present). She didn't want just random people on her land. All of the comments from the landowner were of course deleted. A very one sided conversation to say the least.

I'd be the same way though, I would want a trained SAR, before I would ever consider just anyone searching my property.

JMO

Thought I would link it up. Here in the comments.
https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbr...396568170./150413768501039/?type=3&permPage=1

HFBL just posted a pic of the tower B's phone pinged off of. If his phone only pinged a single tower than I am leery about trusting it. From what I read, a single tower ping is not very accurate. She (assuming LL made the post) also talks about gps but in the context she used on the post I have no idea what she's saying. GPS is different than a cell phone ping. GPS comes from satellites and is very accurate. Tower pings are not so accurate and a single tower ping can only give a general location within a so many mile radius. I posted this info a few pages back. I don't even know if LL knows what she has from Verizon.

Look at the date of the post- its original date was 12/27

And I'm assuming no buzzards (or buzzers lol) were seen? I agree, that somebody would have seen some if there were a body out there. Even around here where I grew up in CA we knew a flock of buzzards circling meant something was dead.

Thanks for clearing up the other searches. I knew I had read that several times. It was no quick walk down the highway. That's ridiculous! And I'll say this again...I've followed MANY MP cases and there were many more thorough searches for B than I've seen in other cases. And many with easier terrain and more "upstanding missing citizens". I know there are those claiming thorough searches have not been done but again I call BS on that. They obviously don't follow many MP cases. And I have heard nothing but raving reviews about TexSAR. They really are right up there with the best of the best in SAR groups.

O:floorlaugh:buzzers:floorlaugh::drumroll:

Well, that is a shame because they DID bring attention to some cases. I didn't watch it regularly, but I did tune in frequently. Wonder why they stopped filming new shows? Seems like every time a show comes along that I like, it gets cancelled, then the ones I don't give a flip about stay around forever.

I know right...I get so tired of that. I liked that show, I am hoping public pressure will get them to do more episodes. There are so many missing that could get media coverage this way!

I figured if the buzzards were going nuts there would be something there. I was mainly trying to draw out lurkers and see what people thought about that line of thinking. My grandmother used to have a saying to us kids, "You don't cut off your nose to spite your face". I think that seems to fit on how the information on SM has gone. (shaking my head )

I totally appreciate RW coming and explaining information for us. Many, many thanks! :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3