TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO- they say that land owners gave them slack about it being the first day of hunting season, wouldn't you think a hunter would have seen something in the field? I'm not sure they realize that with the harsh comments they are making people are less likely to help. If you continue to bash me, I for one would not be so willing to help you the next time. MOO

I've been reading back through old fb posts back when B first went missing and now I'm seeing how this whole story has grown legs over time. There are those who desperately want to point fingers at landowners, LE, the 911 dispatcher, lack of searches, RW, the fact that the DPS missing person report lists him as INVOLUNTARY MISSING meaning he is not on the run etc etc. Really really poor way to try to get help to find a MP IMO.

LE almost always says NO FOUL PLAY SUSPECTED unless they have proof otherwise and they almost never name a POI or SUSPECT until they are ready to make an arrest and they almost always list MP as INVOLUNTARY MISSING or ENDANGERED MISSING. He would not be on the DPS MP list if LL or a family member did not fill out the paperwork stating he was involuntary missing and submitting it to LE. I don't even know if LE has a choice of whether or not to submit that to DPS or if it's mandatory reporting? Regardless, that DOES NOT mean that LE or the RANGER or DPS is 100% convinced that he is not missing of his own free will.

One thing I did learn is that family does not dictate to LE as to how a missing is classified. LE makes that determination. This is why so many with teens missing get upset because LE will tag as a "runaway." I also do not see forms given to family to fill out. LE gathers the info and enters into the system, a print out is generated and even that does not require family to sign. My sister is a police officer and I asked her prior to logging on. She also said family usually has to request a copy of reports. I agree that LE nor the Rangers (which I believe IS the DPS) are 100% convinced either way.

You see the HFLB and it says where are you Braqndon?
And then it shows HFLB it shows original date of 12/27

I'm not seeing it but I could be blind. This is what I see

Help Find Brandon Lawson shared Help Find Brandon Lawson's photo.
11 hours ago

I think it's an older photo that was just reposted. The comments under it are current.

IMO- they say that land owners gave them slack about it being the first day of hunting season, wouldn't you think a hunter would have seen something in the field? I'm not sure they realize that with the harsh comments they are making people are less likely to help. If you continue to bash me, I for one would not be so willing to help you the next time. MOO

Often times bodies are found by hunters or more often people walking their dogs. I walk my dog on trails a lot and I have this great fear of coming across a body. :floorlaugh:

Due to following too many MP cases I think about this way too much on my walks!

One thing I did learn is that family does not dictate to LE as to how a missing is classified. LE makes that determination. This is why so many with teens missing get upset because LE will tag as a "runaway." I also do not see forms given to family to fill out. LE gathers the info and enters into the system, a print out is generated and even that does not require family to sign. My sister is a police officer and I asked her prior to logging on. She also said family usually has to request a copy of reports. I agree that LE nor the Rangers (which I believe IS the DPS) are 100% convinced either way.

I posted a link to the MP forms that have to be filled out by family members a few pages back. Not to argue but I think you may be mistaken or maybe it's different in TX. I don't believe there was a check box for RUNAWAY but I didn't look that closely. There definitely wasn't a box for VOLUNTARY MISSING because as I pointed out the person would not technically be missing if that were the case. LE has to find out from someone that a person is missing. They didn't come up with this idea on their own. And RW stated on the Observer page (I believe) that LL did not complete the MP-3 paperwork until the next week, so again maybe things are different in TX.

I'm not seeing it but I could be blind. This is what I see

Help Find Brandon Lawson shared Help Find Brandon Lawson's photo.
11 hours ago

I think it's an older photo that was just reposted. The comments under it are current.

Yes it says that Brandon has been gone for 19 weeks on the post. The post above it says he has been gone for 34 weeks.

I posted a link to the MP forms that have to be filled out by family members a few pages back. Not to argue but I think you may be mistaken or maybe it's different in TX. I don't believe there was a check box for RUNAWAY but I didn't look that closely. There definitely wasn't a box for VOLUNTARY MISSING because as I pointed out the person would not technically be missing if that were the case. LE has to find out from someone that a person is missing. They didn't come up with this idea on their own. And RW stated on the Observer page (I believe) that LL did not complete the MP-3 paperwork until the next week, so again maybe things are different in TX.

I compared the one you posted from DPS to the one that was posted for BL and they were the same form from what you could see of the BL photo.

I compared the one you posted from DPS to the one that was posted for BL and they were the same form from what you could see of the BL photo.

Oh they posted a photo of the form? How on earth did they get that if only LE fills it out and submits it? :facepalm:

At the time, I did not know who in DPS did that release. I now know it came from the lead investigator in this case.

I haven't contacted San Angelo Live, but they had done a previous article on this case. Sometimes LE will send a release to the outlet that has requested one. This is my best guess on why they got one.

My best guess on why I didn't get one from this investigator? He probably thought I'd give him a call or send him an email if I had a question.

That would become an email inquiry or perhaps one could even call it an "interview" from a reporter and yet neither of those situations would be considered a press release? SanAngeloLive is speaking for the entire Department by labeling such as a "Press Release" and I am going to guess if it is not issued by their Media Department it still would not be classified as a "press Release." Certainly if this was a one on one communication from the lead investigator, as you replied, it should have been quoted as such and not presented to the public as an official Press Release, especially when they did report case information incorrectly in the past. JMHO. From their site:http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/publicInformation/
Media and Communications Office

The Media and Communications Office promotes the Texas Department of Public Safety’s (DPS) goals, activities and accomplishments by working with reporters in traditional media organizations and by utilizing social media outlets. The office also coordinates and organizes media events hosted by or involving DPS.

If you are a member of the media seeking information from DPS, please call (512) 424-2080 or email Media and Communications Office.

I will have to agree ! I'm starting to think Texas has a whole different set up from the rest of the country! Of course I can only go by what my sister explained as to how her force does things, but she did say that is how it is done here in NH and CT, where she worked a few years too!

Yep back on Aug 19 on the HFBL page LL posted a copy of the top left corner of the MP form she completed to prove he was really missing.

I will have to agree ! I'm starting to think Texas has a whole different set up from the rest of the country! Of course I can only go by what my sister explained as to how her force does things, but she did say that is how it is done here in NH and CT, where she worked a few years too!

Yea Texas is it's own country! :)

Ok there seems to be some question about GPS and a PING- they are 2 different things. GPS is on the newer phones like when your location services are on, for example you post something on FB and it says "near Boulder, CO" it can not give exact location, close but no where close to what they are claiming was. Next a ping is the tower the phone connected to, to make the call. And alot of cell companies share towers. Also not all texts can be tracked via a phone bill or detailed records. Example iphone to iphone are same operating systems are are sent via Imessage which all goes thru apple and does NOT show up on the phone bill. Anroid to iphone will show cause they are not the same operating systems. And as for data- times shown on phone bill are NOT the same time data was sent, there is a delay. How do I know this? I work in that field

Ok there seems to be some question about GPS and a PING- they are 2 different things. GPS is on the newer phones like when your location services are on, for example you post something on FB and it says "near Boulder, CO" it can not give exact location, close but no where close to what they are claiming was. Next a ping is the tower the phone connected to, to make the call. And alot of cell companies share towers. Also not all texts can be tracked via a phone bill or detailed records. Example iphone to iphone are same operating systems are are sent via Imessage which all goes thru apple and does NOT show up on the phone bill. Anroid to iphone will show cause they are not the same operating systems. And as for data- times shown on phone bill are NOT the same time data was sent, there is a delay. How do I know this? I work in that field

So if one has an iphone and messages another iphone, can't LE subpoena the record of text messages?

On the HFBL page LL said she has a copy of all of BL's text from that night. I can only assume it was acquired via subpoena through LE.

:moo:

So if one has an iphone and messages another iphone, can't LE subpoena the record of text messages?

On the HFBL page LL said she has a copy of all of BL's text from that night. I can only assume it was acquired via subpoena through LE.

:moo:

She might be able to see them online?

I believe I read the text was sent from A to B at 1:18 am and it pinged the tower at 1:19 am. Would that make sense? I'm so glad there's someone here who understands this stuff! I only know from other MP cases and what I've learned from reading about it. So what are the chances of getting an exact location of the phone from a single ping off one tower?

She might be able to see them online?

I'm sorry, I should have said "see the context of the text."

I wonder if once LE obtained a copy of the text/phone calls, everything made more sense? If they had the actual context of the text, which I would think they would be interested in what the context was, it would explain the events of that night in a nutshell.

I'm sorry, I should have said "see the context of the text."

I wonder if once LE obtained a copy of the text/phone calls, everything made more sense? If they had the actual context of the text, which I would think they would be interested in what the context was, it would explain the events of that night in a nutshell.

I think that's how they found out that K had sent that 1:18 am text warning B that the cops were at his truck. Perhaps RW can confirm this if true? I know we're asking an awful lot from her but I finally feel like we are getting some truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3