TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't lease our land to hunters, but we still stay pretty much inside on opening day and weekends during the season. There are some awesome hunters who come to our county to hunt and then there are others. Unfortunately, the bullets travel just as far for the "others" as they do the good hunters. A couple of years ago on a weekday, WM rode a colt down to our well. He got off and was checking to make sure everything was okay with the equipment when a bullet ricoqueted off the cement tank beside him. Here in a minute, some "good old boys" rode up on a 4-wheeler. They were quite surprised to find an angry cowboy explaining how they were fixing to meet one of his deputies. Not only were they unsafe hunters, they were poachers!

I know in other states there is a lot of public land that ranchers can lease and the public still has access to for hiking, etc. It's not like that in Texas. The vast majority of our land is privately owned and off limits to anyone to whom the owners don't grant access. There won't be joggers or people walking their dogs in the areas BL went missing.

I know our area and way of life must be difficult to comprehend for anyone living in large cities, especially those out of state.

RW, I would much rather have your all's land than some of the urban areas near us. I enjoyed the 6 weeks I spent in Texas. Granted the heat drove me nuts. But we had a great time. Friendly people!

If I am jogging you can bet your butt I am being chased by a knife wielding killer! :floorlaugh::scared:

I do not jog or run. I walk swiftly and that is if I am chasing my dog..:floorlaugh:

If I have to walk further than the barn, I saddle a horse! God was gracious by providing us with equine friends who walk for us!

If I have to walk further than the barn, I saddle a horse! God was gracious by providing us with equine friends who walk for us!

Now I am jealous!! :floorlaugh: I would love to be able to do that! All I have here are brown rabbits and my little taco bell dog...:floorlaugh:

RW can you tell us how the 911 call from BL was discovered? I'm sure you have posted this before, but I have completely forgotten. TIA

Now I am jealous!! :floorlaugh: I would love to be able to do that! All I have here are brown rabbits and my little taco bell dog...:floorlaugh:

I thought when we quit showing horses and expanded the ranching, I would be horseback more. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case. I get put in the feed wagon, running the siren to call the cows. WM and the others are the ones horseback!

My daughter got a great pic of our latest cow work. We don't use a chute. We do it the old fashioned way. One of the guys brought his son (maybe 10) who got to drag the calves to the fire (catch them by their hind feet so the men and women on the ground can get to it to vaccinate, brand, earmark, castrate, etc.). One "townie" came to watch and said it was like watching a moment from the past. He loved it!

I just don't know where he could be if he's deceased out there? I really don't think he could have gotten far in that time frame (def not 3 miles) and it seems they did several pretty thorough searches. Unless he was taken somewhere by vehicle and he meant 10 minutes up the road by car. That would be right about where Hwy 277 and Hwy 70 split past Bronte on the way to Abilene. I wonder how far Deputy Fox went north that night? Of course that would not match LL's ping at 1:19 am 3 miles away. There really aren't any other roads close to the truck location. He could have meant 10 miles south by vehicle but again that doesn't match LL's 3 mile ping at 1:19 am.

So what if we take the ping out of the equation? Since we honestly don't know if it is correct or not. I have a feeling he isn't out there. It is doubtful he made it to the river, so I am ruling that out. I do think someone out there knows what happened and may know exactly where he is. Hopefully they will come forward, call in a tip , something. This is all :moo::moo:

I love the animated cows:blushing:

RW can you tell us how the 911 call from BL was discovered? I'm sure you have posted this before, but I have completely forgotten. TIA

In all of the OE reports, I stated the deputies were responding to a 911 call about a stranded motorist who had run out of gas. The location info wasn't good - mainly road to Abilene. 277 is our main road to Abilene. The trucker's call a few minutes later confirmed 277. SO dispatch knew the stranded motorist had called it in. However, it took a few days to get a recording of the call. The lady who knew how to do that wasn't in town that weekend. The Sheriff's Office has nothing to do with the 911 system - operators, set-up, equipment.

I thought when we quit showing horses and expanded the ranching, I would be horseback more. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case. I get put in the feed wagon, running the siren to call the cows. WM and the others are the ones horseback!

My daughter got a great pic of our latest cow work. We don't use a chute. We do it the old fashioned way. One of the guys brought his son (maybe 10) who got to drag the calves to the fire (catch them by their hind feet so the men and women on the ground can get to it to vaccinate, brand, earmark, castrate, etc.). One "townie" came to watch and said it was like watching a moment from the past. He loved it!

OMG that would be such a blast!! I love it!! I will always remember the first time I got to see my ex in laws work the calves and castrate them. The bull they had kept crying the whole time..lol The kids loved the pigs & hogs they raised right up until one of the hogs tried to eat my daughter's overalls..lol That was it for her!

I miss rural & farm living. This was when I lived in Kentucky. They all laughed at me because I was a California girl. :floorlaugh:

I would kill to have a farm garden again :tantrum:

OMG that would be such a blast!! I love it!! I will always remember the first time I got to see my ex in laws work the calves and castrate them. The bull they had kept crying the whole time..lol The kids loved the pigs & hogs they raised right up until one of the hogs tried to eat my daughter's overalls..lol That was it for her!

I miss rural & farm living. This was when I lived in Kentucky. They all laughed at me because I was a California girl. :floorlaugh:

I would kill to have a farm garden again :tantrum:

I will also say, my ex in law, well they are like the people in Deliverance. Not kidding. But they also were the ones who explained to me about hogs and human remains etc... It wasn't tell much later did I realize what they said I was true. So glad I got away from that family!!:scared::scared:

In all of the OE reports, I stated the deputies were responding to a 911 call about a stranded motorist who had run out of gas. The location info wasn't good - mainly road to Abilene. 277 is our main road to Abilene. The trucker's call a few minutes later confirmed 277. SO dispatch knew the stranded motorist had called it in. However, it took a few days to get a recording of the call. The lady who knew how to do that wasn't in town that weekend. The Sheriff's Office has nothing to do with the 911 system - operators, set-up, equipment.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

O/T They executed Tommy Sells. I am shocked. I guess I figured they would postpone it so they could actually prove his stories. So many missing people stories they had not investigated . I'm not against executing him for his crimes, but some of his stories they couldn't prove he did them and the LE in some of those area's just said okay you did it end of story. So many missing people who will never be found , no peace, no justice.

Sorry for the rambling, I just got caught up on news and saw the headline that Texas had executed him. Any way, back on track now. :)

I wish we were as prolific with oil as our neighbors to the west. There is oil in Coke County, just not within several miles of BL's vehicle. You would have to go across the river and west to get to one little field. The next nearest field is west, southwest of that location about 7 miles.

I wasn't sure what the oil production was in that area. You're neighbors to us, just down the road a piece, by West Texas standards, but still 3 hours away. I'm over here, deep in Permian, on the New Mexico border, where the land is flat, the wind blows hard, you see derricks and pump jacks for miles. Either way, it's still a whole other world out here that most can't comprehend, and only the toughest survive living on this land and the ways of life that we have.

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

If I have to walk further than the mailbox, I get in the truck. LOL!

So if one has an iphone and messages another iphone, can't LE subpoena the record of text messages?

On the HFBL page LL said she has a copy of all of BL's text from that night. I can only assume it was acquired via subpoena through LE.

:moo:

Nope because it all goes thru the internet and apple, cell phone companies do not hit our towers because it is server to server.

So if one has an iphone and messages another iphone, can't LE subpoena the record of text messages?

On the HFBL page LL said she has a copy of all of BL's text from that night. I can only assume it was acquired via subpoena through LE.

:moo:

Sorry I don't think I answered the whole question, she can get times if they were not imessages but cell phone companies do NOT give out data associated with the message unless subpoena. I wonder if she knows just the times and not the details of the text. All they have to do is get LL, KL. A phone and read the conversations.

You had to bring up snakes !!! Ugggg :eek:hwow::panic::noooo::gasp::eek:verreaction:

Don't worry, Balor51. If stay East of the Pecos River, they are just your average diamond back rattlers. But once you cross the river, it's best to have snake guards on when you get out of your vehicle if you are in open country. If you happen to run into one of the deadliest rattlers in the United States, which are West of the river, and he's a bit bitey, they have a couple of vials of antivenin in a hospital in Odessa, and another couple in Lubbock. If they happen to be out at either of those places, then the next chance is in Albuquerque, and hopefully you're still with us by the time we get there. The MEDEVAC flies pretty fast, so...... *teasing*

A moment from my childhood. Making me smile. :)

I believe I read the text was sent from A to B at 1:18 am and it pinged the tower at 1:19 am. Would that make sense? I'm so glad there's someone here who understands this stuff! I only know from other MP cases and what I've learned from reading about it. So what are the chances of getting an exact location of the phone from a single ping off one tower?

Slim to none. Who's to say a tower was not down 3 miles away and we directed all cell phone usage for a tower up and working. He could have been 15 miles away and that is the tower we had cell traffic going thru

So what if we take the ping out of the equation? Since we honestly don't know if it is correct or not. I have a feeling he isn't out there. It is doubtful he made it to the river, so I am ruling that out. I do think someone out there knows what happened and may know exactly where he is. Hopefully they will come forward, call in a tip , something. This is all :moo::moo:

I love the animated cows:blushing:

Where did the information on the ping even originate from? Is it an actual, verified fact that came from LE? Or is it the result of someone watching one too many episodes of CSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member