TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this very bizarre and sad story about this couple high on meth who kept calling 911 saying they were lost. They died out there in a field. NOT saying this is what happened to B but it's something to consider.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Primetime/story?id=549455

OMGosh, that is terrible. Really opened my eyes to something I have no experience with.

I've spent the last week reading (and rereading) from the beginning, I'm finally caught up. It's hard to comprehend how the inconsistencies with this disappearance. I'm grateful for RW for her help clearing up some of the confusion.

Now to look again at the maps and facts, I'm not giving up!
Where are you Brandon?

Who said LE gave it to her? No one in LE has ever said they gave her the call to release.

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

How else could she have gotten it? I doubt the 911 Center gave it to her.

Who said LE gave it to her? No one in LE has ever said they gave her the call to release.

I wonder if the 911 call was obtained through the Freedom of Information Act? This was on the web which explains how to obtain it:
"In many states, 911 recordings are public records. They're calls made to taxpayer-paid government employees using equipment paid for by taxpayers concerning events or circumstances that are of public concern and interest, primarily public safety. To get access to a 911 recording or written transcript, usually all you have to do is file a written request (usually a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request) with local authorities.

In some states, however, certain information may be removed from the recording before it's released. This includes the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the person who made the call, as well as such information about witnesses or victims. In some states there's no requirement to remove this information.

Once you have the recording, you're free to post it on the internet or play it on the nightly news." http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/should-911-calls-be-made-public.html

Posting the timeline for our newcomers.

Brandon Lawson Timeline
Aug 8 11:53pm Brandon left his house (PI timeline 11:54/Blogtalk 11:53)
Aug 9 12:10am Kyle went to Brandon/LL’s house to check on Ladessa (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:30am Kyle called Ladessa and said Brandon was out of gas and said he needed gas cans (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:34am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:36am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:38am Brandon called Kyle saying he ran out of gas (Blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 12:48am Ladessa had missed call from Brandon/phone charging in van and she did not know (PI timeline-time given is approximate)
Aug 9 12:53am Brandon 911 call (PI timeline 12:53am/blogtalk transcripts 12:54am)
Aug 9 1:10am Kyle/Gf and Deputy Neal arrive at the truck (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 1:19am last communication from Brandon to Kyle’s gf saying he was bleeding (blogtalk transcripts 1:19/PI Timeline says called on the way to truck at 1:18)
Aug 9 4:30am Kyle calls Ladessa to tell her he can’t find Brandon/she realizes she has missed calls (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 5:00am Ladessa called police station to see if there was an update (PI Timeline)
Aug 9 7:00am Kyle puts gas in the truck and leaves the gas can in the back (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9 8:30am Sheriff’s dept has truck towed (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 9, 10, 11 Ladessa and family search for Brandon (blogtalk transcripts)
Aug 13 Ladessa learns about Brandon’s 911 call (blogtalk transcripts)

[modsnip]

Yes the laws in Texas are a lot different than most states such as Florida, Ohio, Illinois, or even New Hampshire that's for sure. And with this case being a state case and not a federal case ( FBI not involved as of yet) the rules of obtaining the 911 tape goes through the state channels. Am I correct on my thinking Savthequeen? Which you find on the above Texas web sites or only released for voice recognization?
Jmo
Bottom line is to find Brandon!!!!

Yes the laws in Texas are a lot different than most states such as Florida, Ohio, Illinois, or even New Hampshire that's for sure. And with this case being a state case and not a federal case ( FBI not involved as of yet) the rules of obtaining the 911 tape goes through the state channels. Am I correct on my thinking Savthequeen? Which you find on the above Texas web sites or only released for voice recognization?
Jmo
Bottom line is to find Brandon!!!!

Correct.

[modsnipped]

It's not that easy at all. And being from Texas, I can't recall a case (although there probably have been a few) where LE has ever released a call to family/friends for them to relay to the public for information purposes. That's what the TDPS is for. They have special investigators to run analysis on calls. They don't need the public's help. They're the state police, one of the top notch in the country. They have outsourcing available from all federal agencies if they need help with an investigation. And if they do need help from the public with figuring out what someone says in a call then you can bet your boots that there will be a press conference with a LE spokesperson asking for that help. It's not going to come third party through Facebook. Commonsense here.

And if I understand this correctly from talking to my LE friends, there is no reason for this call to be released to the family. The public was not at harm, Brandon maybe. This act is not as easy as it sounds to get a tape. And yes Save the Queen is right, its not just local, but state agencies working on this. He is listed as voluntarily missing and they have not suspected foul play. From what you are saying is anyone can walk into a police dept fill paperwork out and get any 911 call, I just don't think that is true.

These are my own opinions.

When was it changed from involuntary to voluntary missing? I must have missed that.

It's not that easy at all. And being from Texas, I can't recall a case (although there probably have been a few) where LE has ever released a call to family/friends for them to relay to the public for information purposes. That's what the TDPS is for. They have special investigators to run analysis on calls. They don't need the public's help. They're the state police, one of the top notch in the country. They have outsourcing available from all federal agencies if they need help with an investigation. And if they do need help from the public with figuring out what someone says in a call then you can bet your boots that there will be a press conference with a LE spokesperson asking for that help. It's not going to come third party through Facebook. Commonsense here.

I like Texas's way of doing things. Here they get all territorial and nothing ever gets done:banghead:

BL was bleeding, would the wild hogs/boars have been attracted to the scent and found him?

We follow hundreds of cases here and 911 calls are released all the time. And LE would not release something to the family and tell them not to tell others. LE knows very well that if they release something, there is potential (even if they hope not) that the info will go public.

Thanks,

Salem

And if I understand this correctly from talking to my LE friends, there is no reason for this call to be released to the family. The public was not at harm, Brandon maybe. This act is not as easy as it sounds to get a tape. And yes Save the Queen is right, its not just local, but state agencies working on this. He is listed as voluntarily missing and they have not suspected foul play. From what you are saying is anyone can walk into a police dept fill paperwork out and get any 911 call, I just don't think that is true.

These are my own opinions.

LE releases 911 calls all the time. It happens. And once released, they can't take it back. If LE did not want the call to show up on facebook, they would have taken measures to keep it from being released.

Salem

Here's how to get a 911 call from the City of Houston:

911 Tapes and Dispatch Transcripts:

Dispatch transcripts are maintained for one year, 911 audio tapes are maintained for six (6) months. Requests for 911 tapes and dispatch information are handled by the Houston Emergency Center, and can be submitted via:

• Email - hecrecords@houstontx.gov
  • Phone:
    call_skype_logo.png
    713-884-3664
  • Fax - 713-884-3943
  • US mail - Houston Emergency Center, PO Box 1562, Houston, TX 77251-1562
http://www.houstontx.gov/police/public_information.htm

It's public information, even in Texas.

The family has done nothing wrong here.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.