TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soliciting Financial Assistance:

Soliciting financial assistance in the forums, chat or via PM is strictly prohibited. This means both overt ("Send me money") and subtle ("Poor me, I could really use some money") forms. As much as we would like to assist in helping those who are in grave need of it, there is no way to easily and effectively determine the accuracy of someone’s financial situation. Countless people have been scammed on the Internet and message boards, perpetrated by people who come into a community with nefarious motives and preying upon others who are kind and want to help people in need.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Even for search dogs?

Even for search dogs?

Even for search dogs.

But... what you can do is make a post that a search is being organized, include the link to the organization's homepage that is conducting the search and any other SEARCH info.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Even for search dogs.

But... what you can do is make a post that a search is being organized, include the link to the organization's homepage that is conducting the search and any other SEARCH info.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Re-posted with your suggestions. Thanks

Even for search dogs.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Thank you! :loveyou:

Bumping for Brandon!!!

I feel like something is in the air, maybe B will be found soon!

Where are you Brandon?? Your wee ones need you!!

And what makes you think that? I'm just curious. There's no proof one way or the other, but I'm just wondering what brings you to your opinion.

And I don't think anyone took offense.

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. *

The 911 call itself is straight to the point.
I understand some of the call may appear to be inaudible but I don't think that is unusual or points to drugs/hallucinating. Its only the first few words of the 911 call that are hard to understand and then he speaks clearly throughout the rest. I just don't find that unusual or suspicious at all. I would almost think its quite common for a 911 operator to ask a caller to repeat themselves and/or slow down at the beginning of a 911 call.

I too do not think he was hallucinating because I definitely heard another voice on the 911 call. I think there is a strong possibility he was or had been using again, but am not taking that into account as far as the 911 call goes.

I will take it into account as to what could have possibly happened. I feel there is a strong probability he could have been headed to the area to score some drugs, ran out of gas, came upon some "bad dudes" who chased him and did him harm. Just my opinion. No facts except the 911 call which clearly says Brandon was there with another individual, scared, in trouble and needed help. My BIGGEST question here is why he did not tell his brother what was going on AFTER he called 911. Just does not make sense to me. MOO

I also clearly hear another person say "yeah" and then Brandon says "no I need a cop."

Regarding your question now, here is the info from the Missing Brandon Lawson sight about the call to his brother/Audrey

When Kyle arrived, at 1:10 am, August 9, 2013, there was no sign of Brandon. A Sheriff's Deputy arrived at the truck at the same time as Kyle and Audrey. There was no visible damage to Brandon's truck and his keys and his cell phone were gone. It is understood that the Deputy, nor Kyle, were aware that Brandon phoned 9-1-1 asking for "a cop" as well as stating, "please hurry!" While talking with the deputy, Kyle received a call from Brandon, in which Brandon's cell was going in and out and he was hard to understand. What Kyle understood was "I'm in the field." Kyle, felt maybe Brandon was hiding in the field due to an outstanding warrant from 2 years ago (that Brandon himself just learned and was going to address it the following week) so Kyle made no mention to the deputy of Brandon being the phone call he was listening to. Had Kyle known Brandon phoned 9-1-1 he would never have assumed his brother was "hiding."

At 1:18 Audrey texted Brandon saying "A cop is at your truck" it is assumed she did such as she wanted to warn him due to his warrant. At this time they were not aware that he himself phoned 911 asking for a cop and to please hurry. In statements given to police, as explained by the family, they did admit Brandon's earlier call to them in which he told his brother, and Audrey, that "he was ten minutes up the road, and was bleeding." This was also not reported to Deputy Neal at the scene. It is also understood that Deputy Neal did not report to Kyle that Brandon phoned 911. (It's still unclear if Deputy Neal even know if Brandon called 911)

http://www.missingbrandonlawson.com/2014/02/home.html

It doesn't appear there was a whole lot of communication between Brandon and his brother/Audrey as Brandon phone was cutting in a out.
To answer your question, I simply don't think Brandon had the chance to relay all the details to his brother and Audrey. I believe Brandon's brother when he heard that Brandon was "in a field" and with the cops showing up he assumed Brandon was laying low until the cops left. That all makes sense to me and so does Audrey texting Brandon warning him the cops were at his truck. They had no idea Brandon had called 911 and said he "needed a cop." I don't even think the cop at the truck was aware of Brandon's call for help. The deputy was responding to a completely different call about a truck being in the road.
I have way too many questions about this case.

I have said it before and I'll say it again... I think he had been holding the phone up to his mouth and then was maybe looking off into the distance or something and said yeah while the phone was away from his mouth and then brought the phone back to his mouth and said no. JMO.

Listen to the voices again.
Its a completely different voice and the man who says "yeah" appears to in some type of distress.

It has to be taken into account also that the recording that was released is not the entire call, and only parts of it. Somewhere within the parts missing, lies some of the answers to the puzzle. But I doubt very much the entire , unedited, untouched call will be released to the public. That could also jeopardize the ongoing investigation.

Just as in playing poker, your never show your hand, unless , without a doubt you have the winning/upper hand ;) ;)

LE has the ability to enhance and fine tune the beginning of the call and get a clear read. Didn't the Sheriff's wife state that LE had looked into state troopers records for that area and time frame and this was believed to be because of Brandon's 911 call? I thought I read that a while back.

I wonder how well search dogs would be this late in the case? I'm not feeling hopefully. If 10 minutes up the road, in that field and near those trees were searched, that might be a better idea. I don't think helicopter fly overs are going to help either. Feet on the ground searches, YES. And LE needs to get a SAR group in to help them search. Call in some that don't charge, and work with LE. No reason not to. And release the entire 911 call, instead of that snippet. I do NOT believe Brandon is out hiding somewhere. If LE wanted him, he was working a public job, they could have picked him up easily. He wasn't in hiding then, so what makes them think he's in hiding now?

Im still not clear at all on what Brandon mentioning he ran out of gas that night had to do with his 911 call needing a cop.

He didn't call 911 cause he ran out of gas.

It was nothing more then a detail he mentioned likely because in his mind the fact he ran out of gas was what got him in the situation he was now in and it was that situation that he was calling 911 about not about running out of gas.

So someone please help me understand why there was no attempt made to reconnect with Brandon's phone by the dispatcher and find out where he was so they could send a deputy?

I may be losing it and just gone crazy but its the basic common sense details that are not connecting for me in this case. Combined with the consistent thought that LE seemed to acted based on assumptions and not facts in this case.

I really want to give the Sheriff dept the benefit of the doubt here.
I really don't want to believe they wasted their manpower and resources as well as others searching for Brandon without first pinging and locating the last known area his cell was used. I really do not want to think the Sheriff dept just assumed that Brandon's truck was a good place to start the search perimeters around. The fact that "new" information had come out all these months later possibly placing the last location of Brandon's cell phone miles outside of previous search perimeters is just shocking to me and I'm hoping its just rumor because certainty the Coke County TX Sheriff dept is not that irresponsible in their investigative procedures of missing persons!

The 911 call itself is straight to the point.
I understand some of the call may appear to be inaudible but I don't think that is unusual or points to drugs/hallucinating. Its only the first few words of the 911 call that are hard to understand and then he speaks clearly throughout the rest. I just don't find that unusual or suspicious at all. I would almost think its quite common for a 911 operator to ask a caller to repeat themselves and/or slow down at the beginning of a 911 call.

But what has inadvertently been made public is not the entire call, so it's hard for one to make those assumptions in my opinion.

I wonder how well search dogs would be this late in the case? I'm not feeling hopefully. If 10 minutes up the road, in that field and near those trees were searched, that might be a better idea. I don't think helicopter fly overs are going to help either. Feet on the ground searches, YES. And LE needs to get a SAR group in to help them search. Call in some that don't charge, and work with LE. No reason not to. And release the entire 911 call, instead of that snippet. I do NOT believe Brandon is out hiding somewhere. If LE wanted him, he was working a public job, they could have picked him up easily. He wasn't in hiding then, so what makes them think he's in hiding now?

The search team that just left Bronte yesterday didn't charge the family a dime. They operate off of public donations. And while they coordinated their search with LE, they performed the search on the own accord.

Listen to the voices again.
Its a completely different voice and the man who says "yeah" appears to in some type of distress.

I listened again and I don't know… It sounds like he could have said "yeah" like a sigh… out of breath… then no. Or it could be someone else. I do not think it's clear enough to say either way.

Where are you Brandon?!

But what has inadvertently been made public is not the entire call, so it's hard for one to make those assumptions in my opinion.

The call begins with the dispatcher answering the call and ends when Brandon suddenly stops responding to the dispatchers questions. I'm not disputing the idea that the recording is not the complete call. I'm just wondering what makes you believe the recording isn't the entire call and what do you speculate was suppressed? And why?

The call begins with the dispatcher answering the call and ends when Brandon suddenly stops responding to the dispatchers questions. I'm not disputing the idea that the recording is not the complete call. I'm just wondering what makes you believe the recording isn't the entire call and what do you speculate was suppressed? And why?

Because the call is part of an ongoing investigation, and considered evidence, just like a number of other things.

If you research laws and guidelines specific to the investigating agency in this case, you will see that they don't release emergency calls to the public for any reason, ever. How this call reached public ears is not something to be gotten into on this forum since that isn't the purpose of this forum.

Why do people speculate that LE has shown all of their cards and made known to the public everything about what they have found in this case? I'm just asking figuratively.

Just stopping in: I'm reading "The Yearling" by Margorie Rawlings to my kids right now. Setting is in the Deep South, farm country.

One chapter has dad and Jody hunting a bear that decimated some stock. And low and behold--describing the hunting dogs, she used the word "scaper"!!

The dialect is extremely hard for me, much less my nine and almost-eight year old, to decipher, so I still can't really get a meaning for the word. But just bought I'd drop by and put a bug in an ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman