TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had to call 911 about 3 years ago, because a guy had hit the neighbors car & ran, they asked for my #, I said I have no idea, we had a home phone but never use it, she then gave me the # that it showed up on her display & asked if I could verify it. But I was calling from a landline, so Idk how it works calling from a cell.

When I worded at the FD ( back in the old days ) , It was a very rural county and 911 was run through LE, FD at the same time, so we screened our own calls along with LE dispatch. It was handy in that we knew what to expect on our runs. But a pain in the butt. Thank God for technology advances!

I believe an updated 911 system would work that way. But in this case, the system seems outdated. It isn't answered by trained people that do nothing but answer 911 calls. Dispatch plays a huge role in response time, as well as gathering those pertinent details as the event is unfolding.

I wonder if any changes have been made to the 911 system in the area all this happened? Would be a wonderful platform to demand changes!

:moo:

In my area, I called 911 a month ago. Rescue was in the driveway before I finished with dispatch. As soon as they heard unresponsive female, they must have dispatched EMS immediately! I hadn't even given my address at the time, only my name! Dispatch kept me on the line, got the rest of the information while EMS was here! That's what I call service. :D :loveyou:

If you're calling from a land line, in almost every municipality, it's going to show your address on the dispatch screen. They will ask you for verification purposes normally. If you call from a cell phone, the number you're calling from, and sometimes the name the phone account is registered to, but that's it. To dispatch, your location is going to be anyone's guess. The calls that went into the nursing home, who knows if it showed any type of info at all. Since we aren't hearing the entire call, just pieces of it, there's no way to know. Where are you, Brandon?.....

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

"At approximately 12:50 a.m. on August 9, 2013, the Coke County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from an individual believed to be Brandon Mason Lawson. The caller indicated he was on U.S. 277 between Bronte and Abilene. The Coke County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area north of Bronte and was unable to locate the caller. A short time later, Lawson’s abandoned vehicle was found parked partially in the roadway approximately four miles south of Bronte on U.S. 277, but Lawson was not located.

"Lawson is a fugitive with outstanding felony warrants from Johnson County. He has not been in touch with his common-law wife or family. The Coke County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Rangers are conducting an investigation into Lawson’s disappearance.

"In all, seven separate searches have been conducted by various law enforcement agencies between August 2013 and February 2014 as part of this investigation, including ground and aerial searches. These searches include the area of the abandoned vehicle, as well as all areas associated with cell phone activity, and one of the searches covered approximately 2,000 acres."

* In the above, its states "At approximately 12:50 a.m. on August 9, 2013, the Coke County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from an individual believed to be Brandon Mason Lawson." How has that been proven to be Brandon on that call, and did his parent's identify his voice?

http://sanangelolive.com/news/crime/2014-03-03/investigation-ongoing-brandon-lawson-case

And it seems that the ones who want to genuinely assist in the matter don't even know the guy. Where are you, Brandon?

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

I feel the public has backed away a bit, if you put together all of the media news reports side by side, the information is very conflicting and no corrections have been made. Some news sites have had some make comments, and you can see how confused they are.

Poor Brandon, Where are you?? Your children need you!

No doubt people want Brandon found! But we don't truly have enough facts to know where to begin, IMO. We 'think' we know where he was last, but don't know if he was picked up from there, wandered from there, was killed and moved from there, was taken somewhere else and living happily ever after, or just what the circumstances might be.

I don't see how not finding Brandon benefits anyone. Even if he has life insurance, which I don't know, but without a body, or proof of death, it would be years before anything is paid out. If he is a fugitive as the ONE report states, the bounty hunters would want him found. IIRC he was out on a huge bond, and failed to appear in court. Therefore, wouldn't the bonds company be out of money? Will have to ask my brother, he does that type work. I don't know the rules on the wife and kids receiving any type of govt or social security type money. If someone is disabled, or dead, the wife and kids can draw off their social security, but in this situation, I don't believe they could. Now I'm sure they would qualify for food stamps, and such, but again, would that truly be worth him not returning? I personally don't think so. A seperation or divorce would still have the same results.

So, just thinking, would there be a benefit to anyone for him to not be found?? Again, other than going to jail, paying back the bonds, etc., what would be the benefit of him being gone??

As for wanting him found, I can think of many reasons that would be important. Again, if he is deceased, his wife and family would receive some monetary help to make ends meet. If there is a life insurance, the family could receive that. If he is alive, his kids and family would love to see him. Yes he would need to face the legal problems, but those existed before he was gone, and yet he was working, and from all appearances providing for his family.

I just don't know. I'm at a complete loss with this case.

I think a lot of people are at a complete loss with this case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of people are at a complete loss with this case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until someone finds his body or where he is hiding, there really isn't much we can do. Which is very sad. I am honestly dumbfounded at how this case has been.

We need a updated timeline, anyone who can get one? Maybe someone could contact BL's parents and update and/or correct any errors in the public information. Maybe his parent's could verify that was BL on the 911 call? As garbled as he sounded on the call, it could have been someone else.

So many questions. So very few answers. And Brandon is still missing. At this point, there is nothing more anyone can do.

Brandon where are you?

Until someone finds his body or where he is hiding, there really isn't much we can do. Which is very sad. I am honestly dumbfounded at how this case has been.

We need a updated timeline, anyone who can get one? Maybe someone could contact BL's parents and update and/or correct any errors in the public information. Maybe his parent's could verify that was BL on the 911 call? As garbled as he sounded on the call, it could have been someone else.

So many questions. So very few answers. And Brandon is still missing. At this point, there is nothing more anyone can do.

Brandon where are you?

I think that is a great idea, but how would one go about getting ahold of them, they may have also been told not to discuss this case. I will contact a Houston News Station again this next week and present this case, they have been running more stories on MP not in this area. Maybe if we can all act like adults and not attack each other, maybe try another media blitz and include newspapers too. Just a thought. We need to find BRANDON

Bumping for Brandon!

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. *

http://sanangelolive.com/news/2014-05-17/skeleton-found-near-fort-stockton-worries-family-brandon-lawson

News 9 reported that a ranch worker found the skeleton located under an Interstate 10 bridge covered in brush. Reportedly, the remains are a human skull and some bones.

The bones found were sent to a crime lab in Fort Worth to determine the sex and age of the bones, the report said.

Empathizers of the family of Brandon Lawson, a transient oil field worker who went missing in August 9, 2013 near Bronte, are expressing hope and horror that this may be the answer to this nine-month mystery. However, reports pouring out of Fort Stockton are not speculating on the identity of the remains found.

I will be very surprised if this is Brandon. This place is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Bronte and over 200 miles away. This area of Texas is known for illegal immigrant crossings from Mexico also. This could be anyone. The article says the bones were found under a bridge on Interstate 10 in a bag. Hope LE can identify this person and return him/her to their loved ones. So Sad.

I will be very surprised if this is Brandon. This place is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Bronte and over 200 miles away. This area of Texas is known for illegal immigrant crossings from Mexico also. This could be anyone. The article says the bones were found under a bridge on Interstate 10 in a bag. Hope LE can identify this person and return him/her to their loved ones. So Sad.

which makes me wonder why the family thinks there's a chance it may be him...(or whoever the 'empathizers' are quote in the article).

Whether or not his family believes this could be Brandon, his name is out there in the media again, nine months after he disappeared.

If it were my loved one missing, I'd jump on any opportunity to bring attention to the case.

No harm, no foul, IMO.

Pecos County, TX, body was identified as female.

Where are you, Brandon?

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. *

Let's break this down..... There are basically 3 possibilities in this case.

1. BL became disoriented in the brush and is still there and has not been found.
Each of the numerous LE searches and the TexSAR search makes this a less likely possibility. Due to the rough terrain, something of BL's (scraps of clothes, etc.) should have been found if he was actually running through brush in the dark.

2. BL is voluntarily missing with the assistance of others.
Statements made by those there that night, if true, point to this as being the case - at least during the time LE was on the scene.

3. BL was abducted by persons unknown.
The 911 call leaves this impression if it wasn't known that BL called and spoke with family and friends following the 911 call.

Is there proof in Brandon's phone records that calls were made or received after the 911 call to his brothers gf?
The calls after he became disconnected with 911 to his brothers gf seem to show he wasn't abducted at that point yet anyways.

A question regarding these wild hogs. Would they attack a person walking in that area? I'm not familiar with wild hogs at all. Although I do believe Brandon had started walking towards town and away from his vehicle already when he then " ran into" whatever problems that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers