TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote carried over from the first thread page 1:

Saw this case today on FB. A post last night from a private investigator hired by ??? family? explains a lot of details. A lot more info is clarified by the investigator in the 500+ comments to this one post..
[modsnip]
(snipped by me )

This is the original timeline by BP PI that LL hired.

Can some one please verify some info for me? I thought in the beginning they named the 911 operator, is that correct? If so, why are they asking who it is now? In the beginning the name came from the family, but why are they asking who it is now? Did something change? It seems like when something has been talked about and facts are given, a few months later things change.

I haven't seen the 911 operator identified. Was it in MSM? If the name came from the family, it is not discussable or sleuthable under WS TOS.

You may want to visit the media thread and take a look at what is available there. There is a transcript of the radio show that may give a few clues or discussable points: TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 TIMELINE/MEDIA ONLY NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Salem

Quote from Blog talk interview

Caller: And were they able to actually locate his cell phone, or just got a ping?

LL: Just a ping. No, they wasn't able to get his cell phone.

Caller: Okay, is some of the problems associated with possibly finding his phone the fact that it may not be on or the battery is dead?

LL: Yeah, it went dead that night. The last ping that Brandon had was at 1:19 in the morning, but my brother-in-law, K, he said that Brandon's phone was on until 3:30 in the morning because he was calling it and it kept on ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing. Brandon's phone, because I knew, because when he was on location in the oilfield, I couldn't get ahold of him sometimes because he didn't have no service. So it goes to 41 seconds and then it will go to voicemail, and so he didn't have no service but his phone was on until 3:30 in the morning. That's why I feel like Brandon's out there because, if not, if Brandon would've got service anywhere on that highway or got a ride or somebody picked him up, there would have been some kind of service. You know what I mean?

Caller: Well, yeah, and he was able to have some service to be able to call his brother and 911 to begin with.

* So did LE ever have BL's phone? On the HFBL page LL has said that she has BL's phone, if so, has she ever turned it over to SO so they can subpoena the records? If the phone was found and LL has it, that means BL was at the truck after LE and K left.*

If you have moderator questions, you need to pm a moderator.

Salem

How can HFBL be gossip or rumors one minute, then the next be the official MP Brandon Lawson's page to get our info. to discuss?

Next question according to media reports Brandon was a fugitive. How long had he been hiding from LE, before August 8th?

How can HFBL be gossip or rumors one minute, then the next be the official MP Brandon Lawson's page to get our info. to discuss?

Next question according to media reports Brandon was a fugitive. How long had he been hiding from LE, before August 8th?

WS does not allow getting your info to discuss from social media. Please re-read the rule. WS limits the social media that can be linked for various reasons. So in the case of social media, for WS purposes, "official" means "allowed." It doesn't mean that the info found there has been verified by anyone. WS considers all the info found there to be rumor.

Salem

WS does not allow getting your info to discuss from social media. Please re-read the rule. WS limits the social media that can be linked for various reasons. So in the case of social media, for WS purposes, "official" means "allowed." It doesn't mean that the info found there has been verified by anyone. WS considers all the info found there to be rumor.

Salem

It is listed on your other page. That has all the media links and such on it that you posted a few comments up.
I would post the link to it, but I do not know how.
I'm just trying to figure this all out.

Okay - I'm hoping this explanation will make it just a bit more clear.

The purpose of social media, for Websleuths, is that it provides a place where our members can go and read. Basically that's it. Making a quick post about "see the comment at 10:00 p.m." to alert your fellow members to go take a look is fine, or a quick paraphrase for those that can't view social media is fine also. But it is not open for discussion. It is just info to keep in the back of your head until MSM or LE confirm it. Once it comes out in the media - then it can be discussed.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Quote from Blog talk interview

Caller: And were they able to actually locate his cell phone, or just got a ping?

LL: Just a ping. No, they wasn't able to get his cell phone.

Caller: Okay, is some of the problems associated with possibly finding his phone the fact that it may not be on or the battery is dead?

LL: Yeah, it went dead that night. The last ping that Brandon had was at 1:19 in the morning, but my brother-in-law, K, he said that Brandon's phone was on until 3:30 in the morning because he was calling it and it kept on ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing. Brandon's phone, because I knew, because when he was on location in the oilfield, I couldn't get ahold of him sometimes because he didn't have no service. So it goes to 41 seconds and then it will go to voicemail, and so he didn't have no service but his phone was on until 3:30 in the morning. That's why I feel like Brandon's out there because, if not, if Brandon would've got service anywhere on that highway or got a ride or somebody picked him up, there would have been some kind of service. You know what I mean?

Caller: Well, yeah, and he was able to have some service to be able to call his brother and 911 to begin with.

* So did LE ever have BL's phone? On the HFBL page LL has said that she has BL's phone, if so, has she ever turned it over to SO so they can subpoena the records? If the phone was found and LL has it, that means BL was at the truck after LE and K left.*

This last quote is super interesting and a good point to questions because even the PI has said the phone isn't found, so why on a personal page it says it is. By answering this question it will clear a lot up. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This last quote is super interesting and a good point to questions because even the PI has said the phone isn't found, so why on a personal page it says it is. By answering this question it will clear a lot up. IMO

That is what caught my eye too. If these things could be cleared up, it would help greatly for a clearer timeline and could do away with all the confusion and misconceptions.

A man is missing, no one here is judging him one bit. But questions have to be asked to help solve the puzzle. What do people think LE dept's do? Eat dunkin doughnuts all day? They brainstorm in every way possible to put together facts, timelines and figure out what happens.

With all questions asked has there been an updated timeline?

That is what caught my eye too. If these things could be cleared up, it would help greatly for a clearer timeline and could do away with all the confusion and misconceptions.

A man is missing, no one here is judging him one bit. But questions have to be asked to help solve the puzzle. What do people think LE dept's do? Eat dunkin doughnuts all day? They brainstorm in every way possible to put together facts, timelines and figure out what happens.

Yum a donut sounds good right about now. How far was BLs truck found from Coke Cty line?

Ok clarify please, I'm watching Dateline and the 911 call the dispatcher asks their home location, I was under the impression when a call comes in it automatically gives location. Or does it depend on funding for counties? Cause I honestly have been under the impression they didn't ask his location because it automatically came across now I'm second guessing

Ok clarify please, I'm watching Dateline and the 911 call the dispatcher asks their home location, I was under the impression when a call comes in it automatically gives location. Or does it depend on funding for counties? Cause I honestly have been under the impression they didn't ask his location because it automatically came across now I'm second guessing

The address of the person who the phone is registered to comes up in 911 calls, but AFAIK, not the location they are at presently, IF I understand it right. If a person calls from home, though, most dispatchers will ask them to confirm their address. If they are not at home when they call 911, then I don't believe their location is displayed. I could be wrong.

When I have called 911, they have never failed to ask me for my address, and if that is where I am right then.

I believe an updated 911 system would work that way. But in this case, the system seems outdated. It isn't answered by trained people that do nothing but answer 911 calls. Dispatch plays a huge role in response time, as well as gathering those pertinent details as the event is unfolding.

I wonder if any changes have been made to the 911 system in the area all this happened? Would be a wonderful platform to demand changes!

:moo:

In my area, I called 911 a month ago. Rescue was in the driveway before I finished with dispatch. As soon as they heard unresponsive female, they must have dispatched EMS immediately! I hadn't even given my address at the time, only my name! Dispatch kept me on the line, got the rest of the information while EMS was here! That's what I call service. :D :loveyou:

Oh, I don't believe the entire 911 call was released either. Just parts of it, maybe to identify his voice? His sense of desperation? Not sure the reasoning, but it doesn't appear to be the entire call.

In most 911 calls, they answer stating "911 emergency, how may I help you?" Or "911, do you need police, fire or rescue?" Something of that nature. Then they ask what's going on, who's calling, if the number you're calling from is a number you can be later reached if needed, then ask if the person is breathing, has a heart rate, etc., and will direct you to start CPR if needed, apply pressure to bleeding, etc. you're location, etc.

It's been awhile since I listened to the portion of the call released, but I don't remember hearing dispatch asking who was calling, or the number. They did ask if he needed an ambulance. But if dispatch thought someone had been hit, then ambulance and cops would have responded. I'm a nurse, not a dispatcher. I wouldn't make a good dispatcher because my patients would be main concern, and frankly I never had time for answering 911 calls when I was working in a nursing home. Typically short staffed, so had to help the CNAs get their job done as well.

:moo:

Now if the dispatch had an area within the nursing home, and only trained dispatch was answering the calls, that would change my thoughts. I wasn't ever really clear on just who dispatches the calls, and what protocol they go by. There would be some type of protocol in most situations. Like if a person is suicidal, there's a procedure manual that would direct the dispatcher to how to handle that call, versus how to handle a homocide, or vehicle wreck!

I know when I had to call they did ask my address and when I said idk (because I wasn't at my house) I searched for mail and she told me, we don't have that address around here. I got routed to the wrong county. But she was nice enough to explain what was going on. If it went to the right county it wouldn't have made a difference, but yes they said something like 911 what's your emergency, told them and they asked my address. And I'm not from a small town.

I know when I had to call they did ask my address and when I said idk (because I wasn't at my house) I searched for mail and she told me, we don't have that address around here. I got routed to the wrong county. But she was nice enough to explain what was going on. If it went to the right county it wouldn't have made a difference, but yes they said something like 911 what's your emergency, told them and they asked my address. And I'm not from a small town.

I know from past experience, that when I have used my cell phone to call 911, it went to the state police post . It didn't matter what county I was standing in. They then routed you to the proper county once you told them. Now mind you, this was in late 90's early 2000'.. So I would hope things have improved since then.

I no longer roam in Walmart. Which always ticked me off. No matter what, I always roamed in Walmart.

Where is Brandon?

When I had to call 911 about 3 years ago, because a guy had hit the neighbors car & ran, they asked for my #, I said I have no idea, we had a home phone but never use it, she then gave me the # that it showed up on her display & asked if I could verify it. But I was calling from a landline, so Idk how it works calling from a cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman