TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: guys,

We need to refer to members by their user names and not RL initials or names.

Thank you!

Are you referring to us calling Ranch Wife MM? If so we should change that to RW? Or maybe we could call her Wifey?

Dang that's much harder to type! :)

Yes, I would think RW is fine, maybe when she checks in you can ask her. We just can't use RL name variation.

$50,000 would be much more important to a bondsman then a dead B. They are in the business of issuing bonds and people do skip out so revenge and wanting someone dead for skipping out is far fetched IMO. A dead B will not get him his 50k back. If he found him he would turn him in.

Someone had to put up 10% to the bondsman ($5000) and most likely the bondsman would have asked for some type of collateral such as a home deed or something with a large value. IF he can't find B he can always go after the person that put up the 10% and collateral.

So if someone has a newer vehicle, could that be used for the collateral? Also, if someone jumps bail, would the bail bondsman repo the vehicle? I know nothing about bail & bail bondsman so TIA

He also had a failure to appear on the 2008 charges

07/24/2008 INDICTMENT 1
07/28/2008 PRECEPT / CAPIAS (SLV) 2
07/28/2008 *************TRANSFERRED TO 413TH***************** 2
07/30/2008 INDICTMENT CAPIAS SERVED FILED 8/1/08/CH

And the 2005 charges

06/28/2005 INDICTMENT 1
06/30/2005 PRECEPT / CAPIAS DLM 2
07/06/2005 APPOINTMENT OF ATTORNEY 3
07/07/2005 *************TRANSFERRED TO 413TH*************** 3
07/08/2005 **********CAPIAS************************ FILED 08/22/05

So if someone has a newer vehicle, could that be used for the collateral? Also, if someone jumps bail, would the bail bondsman repo the vehicle? I know nothing about bail & bail bondsman so TIA

Yes. If the title of the vehicle was put up as collateral. Same with a house deed or a boat title or any asset.

If it had a clear title, if it's financed I do not believe it could be used as collateral, but I could be wrong.

Doesn't a bondsman also have like a family member sign off as person to contact or a secondary person on the bond? Maybe this is why the disappeared theory works so well. Could the "soulmate of ten years" benefit from not knowing what happened to him?

JMO

Doesn't a bondsman also have like a family member sign off as person to contact or a secondary person on the bond? Maybe this is why the disappeared theory works so well. Could the "soulmate of ten years" benefit from not knowing what happened to him?

JMO

I'm not quite getting how she would benefit?? Somebody had to bail him out, put up 10% and most likely some collateral. I doubt LL had that kind of money or collateral. The bondsman will usually ask for close family names and numbers just in case the defendant skips bail. Basically they want the person or reimbursement for the bond.

I'm not quite getting how she would benefit?? Somebody had to bail him out, put up 10% and most likely some collateral. I doubt LL had that kind of money or collateral. The bondsman will usually ask for close family names and numbers just in case the defendant skips bail. Basically they want the person or reimbursement for the bond.

Benefit wasn't the right wording. Maybe it would be in her best interest to not know where he is. Wouldn't the bondsman be looking for BL?

IMO though, I really don't think she knows where he is, if he is in hiding.

Do we have anything validating the time B actually left his house that night or is it just LL's word? Any way he could have left earlier and made it further on foot? I just can't make the new ping fit within the time frame unless he was taken there by vehicle or he had much more of a head start then we think.

I'm assuming LE has confirmed the phone records of B talking to his Dad that night?

Didn't LL also say in Blog talk she spoke with BL after he left as well? If so do we know what time? I could have misunderstood.

It just seems to me a lot happened in a little over and hour or so, IMO.

Do we have anything validating the time B actually left his house that night or is it just LL's word? Any way he could have left earlier and made it further on foot? I just can't make the new ping fit within the time frame unless he was taken there by vehicle or he had much more of a head start then we think.

I'm assuming LE has confirmed the phone records of B talking to his Dad that night?

The time frame just is just to small for what all is being to have happened. IMO

When a defendant fails to show up for his trial or hearing, the bondsman will sooner or later have to pay out the face amount of the bail bond to the court. This varies from one month to two years depending upon the state in which the bail bondsman operates. If the bail bondsmen does not bring in the skip, it is more than just a financial mistake for him. He does not look very good before the court and in the eyes of the insurance underwriter. It is to be bondsmen's advantage to locate the skip, have him apprehended and returned back to the jurisdiction of the court.

At first, bondsmen hope that the bail skip will be picked up by the police. As the time limit for returning the defendant to the court comes closer, the bondsmen starts to feel that the police are not going to pick up the bond skip. At this point, the bondsman is likely to call a bounty hunter and bring back the defendant.

I wonder how long he has to bring B in before he has to pay up?

If it had a clear title, if it's financed I do not believe it could be used as collateral, but I could be wrong.

It would have to be something owned outright, free and clear with a verified value equal to the amount due.

Also, since there seemed to be a history of failure to appear, there is a strong possibility that it was a "cash bond". That means that either property or cash equivalent to the entire amount of the bond would be required. And in cases where there is a history of issues with reporting or appearing, many bondsmen only want money as collateral, not property. (Just food for thought. )

In addition, the county here in West Texas that I reside in now requires 15% of the bond amount be paid rather than the older 10% amount that used to be customary. Not sure if that's true everywhere in the state or not, or just for my area.

The court in Johnson County may tell you who the bondsman was, or they may not. Policy is dictated by the respective counties on if they divulge that info or not. And if you find out who the bondman is, they may or may not give you any information. Policy is each their own.

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

When a defendant fails to show up for his trial or hearing, the bondsman will sooner or later have to pay out the face amount of the bail bond to the court. This varies from one month to two years depending upon the state in which the bail bondsman operates. If the bail bondsmen does not bring in the skip, it is more than just a financial mistake for him. He does not look very good before the court and in the eyes of the insurance underwriter. It is to be bondsmen's advantage to locate the skip, have him apprehended and returned back to the jurisdiction of the court.

At first, bondsmen hope that the bail skip will be picked up by the police. As the time limit for returning the defendant to the court comes closer, the bondsmen starts to feel that the police are not going to pick up the bond skip. At this point, the bondsman is likely to call a bounty hunter and bring back the defendant.

I wonder how long he has to bring B in before he has to pay up?

Did you notice on the Johnson County website beside the Bond, it said STOP. At first I thought it was the bond company, but after researching other cases, I'm wondering if the bond was forfeited and that is what the STOP means? Any thoughts?

Did you notice on the Johnson County website beside the Bond, it said STOP. At first I thought it was the bond company, but after researching other cases, I'm wondering if the bond was forfeited and that is what the STOP means? Any thoughts?

IIRC STOP wasn't stated as the bondsman. A quick google came up with

Johnson County STOP Special crimes unit

I would bet that's what it means?

More about STOP

http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/local/x488993490/STOP-raids-are-paying-dividends/print

Johnson County used its share of money and assets from the old task force, which also included Erath, Hood and Somervell counties, to form STOP on Oct. 1, 2005. The unit concentrates largely on drug-related crimes but handles other crimes as well.

“We deal with a lot of things other than narcotics,” STOP Cmdr. Adam King said. “Our mission is to assist law enforcement agencies in the county in situations where undercover investigations and covert surveillance would work best. That could be drugs, a burglary ring, a number of things.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member