TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More about STOP

http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/local/x488993490/STOP-raids-are-paying-dividends/print

Johnson County used its share of money and assets from the old task force, which also included Erath, Hood and Somervell counties, to form STOP on Oct. 1, 2005. The unit concentrates largely on drug-related crimes but handles other crimes as well.

“We deal with a lot of things other than narcotics,” STOP Cmdr. Adam King said. “Our mission is to assist law enforcement agencies in the county in situations where undercover investigations and covert surveillance would work best. That could be drugs, a burglary ring, a number of things.”

You are good! I bet you are correct! Thank you!!!!

This is the state of Texas. I believe the bondsman has 2 years. If correct the clock is ticking.

Art. 22.17. [440] [504] [492] SPECIAL BILL OF REVIEW. (a)
Not later than two years after the date a final judgment is entered
in a bond forfeiture proceeding, the surety on the bond may file
with the court a special bill of review. A special bill of review
may include a request, on equitable grounds, that the final
judgment be reformed and that all or part of the bond amount be
remitted to the surety, after deducting the costs of court, any
reasonable costs to the county for the return of the principal, and
the interest accrued on the bond amount from the date of forfeiture.
The court in its discretion may grant or deny the bill in whole or in
part.

The time frame just is just to small for what all is being to have happened. IMO

That is what I have thought too. Just seems much to short of a time period. And didn't LE I believe say BL had been with friends earlier? Maybe he was with his friends prior to running out of gas.

Just :twocents::moo:

I have not yet read all the threads on this case in their entirety but I have sampled through them.

At this point my thoughts drift back to a guy I knew many years ago when working in a factory. He was a great guy with a heart of gold, always there to help out. When a task seemed impossible he would offer to help. But he was working long hours and trying to also keep his girlfriend happy at home and so there was never enough hours for him to sleep. He began taking meth to stay alert at work (I only found this out later.) He started thinking he could see links between various events that allowed him to know what was 'really' happening in the world around him. Then he began to get paranoid and thinking people were betraying him or were out to get him. Finally one day he gave out with some very hard-to-understand fast talking tirade about everyone being afraid and stormed off the job.
The last I heard was that he had driven to another state over (speeding all the way) and had pulled a gun on a state trooper and was in a psych ward somewhere.

It is sad because this guy was not a bad person at all to begin with.
This case reminds me of that guy. The speech on the tape sounded pretty much the same in its manner (not the same person but a similar manner of speech.)

Thank you Stella & Psychic Sleuth, I hate to say but I am completely dumb on the whole bail thing and you guys really helped me to understand it. Thanks so much :loveyou::loveyou:

I'm just as clueless. PsychicSleuth is as I have said before a genius! She and Techpuppy amaze me with their knowledge. I know if I ask a question that makes no sense or need a map, those two are on it!!! Of course I appreciate everyone else's input as well.

Thanks everyone!

I have not yet read all the threads on this case in their entirety but I have sampled through them.

At this point my thoughts drift back to a guy I knew many years ago when working in a factory. He was a great guy with a heart of gold, always there to help out. When a task seemed impossible he would offer to help. But he was working long hours and trying to also keep his girlfriend happy at home and so there was never enough hours for him to sleep. He began taking meth to stay alert at work (I only found this out later.) He started thinking he could see links between various events that allowed him to know what was 'really' happening in the world around him. Then he began to get paranoid and thinking people were betraying him or were out to get him. Finally one day he gave out with some very hard-to-understand fast talking tirade about everyone being afraid and stormed off the job.
The last I heard was that he had driven to another state over (speeding all the way) and had pulled a gun on a state trooper and was in a psych ward somewhere.

This case reminds me of that guy. The speech on the tape sounded pretty much the same in its manner (not the same person but a similar manner of speech.)

Thank you for sharing. I have no personal experience with someone on meth but I've heard the stories. And there are lots of people with drug and alcohol problems that are good people or that started out as good people. It really is so sad.

I wish B could have gotten some help. If he's alive I hope he gets help. His kids don't deserve that kind of life.

I am so sorry about your friend Docwho3, Meth is such a terrible thing. I hope your friend can make it back to who he was before.

I have wondered about the relapse , it is hard to get the monkey off your back, and by all accounts BL did try. But I think things just started spiraling. Stress and pressure on someone with addiction problem can be so devastating. I hope BL is alive.

I'm just as clueless. PsychicSleuth is as I have said before a genius! She and Techpuppy amaze me with their knowledge. I know if I ask a question that makes no sense or need a map, those two are on it!!! Of course I appreciate everyone else's input as well.

Thanks everyone!

Oh stop it! :loveyou:

Trust me I am nowhere near genuis! :floorlaugh:

I just know how to use google. LOL I always tell everyone that google is my best friend. I'd be lost without it!!

Or if my friends or family try to argue a point with me I always say "google it...google is your friend too!". :floorlaugh:

Thanks everyone!

They are so awesome!!

I need Psychic to do my dissertation for me..lol I know she would rock it!!

Techpuppy, if you ever have some free time I need someone to do a map for me on another case :)

I am so sorry about your friend Docwho3, Meth is such a terrible thing. I hope your friend can make it back to who he was before.

I have wondered about the relapse , it is hard to get the monkey off your back, and by all accounts BL did try. But I think things just started spiraling. Stress and pressure on someone with addiction problem can be so devastating. I hope BL is alive.

Yes it is! Stress could definitely cause one to relapse. It sounds like he was doing good for over a year. I wonder if the bondsman was closing in on him. Or his bank account was froze by someone or he knew it was a matter of time before they came to his job. If he's alive he needs to do the right thing for his kids and be an example for them and turn himself in.

Yes it is! Stress could definitely cause one to relapse. It sounds like he was doing good for over a year. I wonder if the bondsman was closing in on him. Or his bank account was froze by someone or he knew it was a matter of time before they came to his job. If he's alive he needs to do the right thing for his kids and be an example for them and turn himself in.

I wonder too what the last week was like for him before he went missing. I do know some people, guys mostly who even though they love their children, they will leave and stay away while being addicted. They feel their kids deserve better ect...

I don't fault them for that. It isn't the best way to handle things, but they are probably trying their best. JMO. I have no doubt BL loves his kids.

Is there a new & corrected timeline yet? We are operating on such chaotic information.

I was thinking today the differences in the cases I'm following. This one by far is probably the most frustrating. I am not judging BL, in fact, I feel for him because life became so overwhelming. Life is never easy even in the best of times. And , as I have always told my kids, we make mistakes and that is how we learn. If BL is alive, he needs to let someone know, the very least so that people know he is alive. If he is not alive, then the misinformation needs to be corrected so that he can be found and his loved ones and kids can have some closure. Everything is about finding BL. That is what matters, that is the goal.

Where is Brandon?

Well we cannot share anything posted by LnM and she is the one who was going to do the updated timeline. So I don't see that happening.

I don't know where things stand. I have a real hard time seeing that B made it 3 miles away in the dark, in his condition, in rough terrain in that timeframe. Unless it was by vehicle or the times are off. Does anyone feel he could have made it that far on foot?

Well we cannot share anything posted by LnM and she is the one who was going to do the updated timeline. So I don't see that happening.

I don't know where things stand. I have a real hard time seeing that B made it 3 miles away in the dark, in his condition, in rough terrain in that timeframe. Unless it was by vehicle or the times are off. Does anyone feel he could have made it that far on foot?

I don't think he could. If he did make it that far on foot I will eat beets!

I guess we have to make do with the timeline you made for us. Which you did great considering the info we have is incorrect or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9