TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had another thought while reading the comment above. I'm wondering, since it was so late/early in the morning and BL's 911 call just stops and we have no explanation as to why? Maybe since he had been using his phone a lot that evening, could the battery simply have gone dead during the 911 call and that is why it just ended? If so the towers wouldn't be able to receive information from the phone right? BL could have simply put the phone in his pocket when it went dead. I'm not sure if once it goes dead if it could possibly have been turned back on briefly or not. Maybe he had turned it back on and was able to talk to K briefly then I went dead again when A tried texting him?

JMO

He was communicating with K and A up until 1:18. That's all I know. I know LL reported that K kept calling B until like 3:30 am or something when it finally just started going straight to voicemail which could indicate a dead battery. I believe most smart phones have a backup battery and still ping even though the battery is dead. He could have been in and out of a good signal area though.

(Cell phone data comes into play in a lot of missing person cases or I would never know anything about this stuff!)

Depending on the exact data received from Verizon, I think we have to consider that it is probably accurate to within some degree. 1 tower = not so accurate 2 towers = a little better than 1 tower and 3 or more towers (triangulation) = pretty accurate.

:moo: It's the sounds a cow makes

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Just kidding. It means MY OPINION ONLY.

Thank you so much :floorlaugh: I know its O/T but I needed that. Just lurking, have a good day guys. :blushing::blushing:

Ok, here it is, my first post! Please let me know if I break any forum rules. It looks like thread 2 is back if you look at the bottom of the page? I thought I remembered MM saying that LE had given authorization to a new team to search a month or so ago but had not heard anything from them since? I may be mistaken. I looked through the thread and couldn't find it but I may have overlooked it? This is MOO! Lol!

Correct, you can't copy and paste comments and they are considered rumor. You can point to a certain comment but discussing it can derail the thread.

We don't want rumors to grow legs kwim?

Hope that helps.

I read here everyday but this is my first time posting on Brandon's thread. I am still confused about the 911 calls. I am hoping MM can answer the questions for me. How many 911 calls were there? From my understanding, a truck driver called to report a stranded motorist whose truck was haphazardly parked in the road. I am still confused if Brandon called 1 or 2 times? I know it was said a pregnant lady called or had her mother called. MM, all 911 calls are recorded,correct? I know you stated you weren't going to interview the person that took the 911 call, may I ask why? I think the person who took the 911 call could actually help answer some of the questions that are being asked. Thank you.

Another thing that bothers me is why the deputy didn't move the truck from the road if it were truly haphazardly parked on the road. I know in the area where I live the abandoned vehicles are pushed out of the road if they don't get towed.

Ok, while I am trying to get answers to the things that really bother me....Why does the TXDPS missing persons have him listed as "involuntary missing" but some of these media reports are saying that he is fugitive implying he is on the run? Supposedly that article that is poorly done with quotes but not citing quotes is from TXDPS press release. I have been scratching my head on this, it doesn't make sense..I am one that questions and will look for proofs and facts. Based on what I have read and have found to be a reliable source,MOO, Brandon is involuntarily missing, and not a fugitive on the run as some are implying. I haven't found him on a wanted fugitive list. I am speculating, but I think if he were listed as a fugitive more LE would be looking for him. From my understanding Coke County only has a sheriff and a few deputies so they probably are limited. I find it very sad that all of this information is misleading because I have read comments on various sites where people have quickly changed their opinion because they now think he is a wanted fugitive who may be dangerous. I am just a person but I firmly believe that Brandon deserves the same as anyone else. No one is perfect, we all have made mistakes, and he has a family. The only way I would say differently about someone deserving the same respect as the next missing would be a murderer, rapist, or child molesters.

Another thing that bothers me is why the deputy didn't move the truck from the road if it were truly haphazardly parked on the road. I know in the area where I live the abandoned vehicles are pushed out of the road if they don't get towed.

I don't believe he would have been able to move it without the keys & that was the reason the deputy turned the flashers, hazard lights, on.
My questions are similar to yours as well, I've wondered how the truck driver's call was for a "stranded motorist"? The term stranded "motorist" makes me think the truck driver would have actually seen the motorist otherwise wouldn't it just be an abandoned vehicle? And in the "pregnant" woman's comment she stated something to the effect of "I wanted to stop because I am CPR certified but because I just recently found out I was pregnant I didn't feel comfortable stopping". What is it that she saw that made her think someone needed CPR? What was going on, pregnant or not, made her feel so uncomfortable about stopping? These are just random thoughts that have gone thru my head...

Just want to bring the timeline forward to this thread and techpuppy's map

Updated Timeline (removed PI TIMELINE info)
Aug 8 11:53pm Brandon left his house (Blogtalk)
Aug 9 12:38am Brandon called Kyle saying he ran out of gas (Blogtalk)
Aug 9 12:54am Brandon 911 call (Blogtalk)
Aug 9 12:58am Stranded motorist 911 call about truck parked haphazard on road (sanangelolive.com)
Aug 9 1:10am Kyle/Gf and Deputy Neal arrive at the truck (Blogtalk)
Aug 9 1:19am last communication from Brandon to Kyle’s gf saying he was bleeding (Blogtalk)
Aug 9 4:30am Kyle calls Ladessa to tell her he can’t find Brandon/she realizes she has missed calls (Blogtalk)
Aug 9 7:00am Kyle puts gas in the truck and leaves the gas can in the back (Blogtalk)
Aug 9 8:30am Sheriff’s dept has truck towed (Blogtalk)

Sources:
Blogtalk transcripts are on page 2 of thread #1.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=222105&page=2

sanangelolive.com about 911 call for truck on side of road
http://sanangelolive.com/news/2013-0...brandon-lawson

MAP
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41529&d=1393993812

I don't believe he would have been able to move it without the keys & that was the reason the deputy turned the flashers, hazard lights, on.
My questions are similar to yours as well, I've wondered how the truck driver's call was for a "stranded motorist"? The term stranded "motorist" makes me think the truck driver would have actually seen the motorist otherwise wouldn't it just be an abandoned vehicle? And in the "pregnant" woman's comment she stated something to the effect of "I wanted to stop because I am CPR certified but because I just recently found out I was pregnant I didn't feel comfortable stopping". What is it that she saw that made her think someone needed CPR? What was going on, pregnant or not, made her feel so uncomfortable about stopping? These are just random thoughts that have gone thru my head...

I have seen vehicles put in neutral and pushed. I guess it depends on the type of vehicle as to whether a key would be needed in order to accomplish this. As to the truck driver's call, has he been questioned about that night-what he saw, did he see the motorist or just the truck? Surely they have records of the 911 calls and should be able to find out info. of the trucker from the # he called from. I always thought 911 asked for name and number of the 911 call. I question the preggarsif she didn't actually call 911 if she thought someone might need CPR.

Ok, while I am trying to get answers to the things that really bother me....Why does the TXDPS missing persons have him listed as "involuntary missing" but some of these media reports are saying that he is fugitive implying he is on the run? Supposedly that article that is poorly done with quotes but not citing quotes is from TXDPS press release. I have been scratching my head on this, it doesn't make sense..I am one that questions and will look for proofs and facts. Based on what I have read and have found to be a reliable source,MOO, Brandon is involuntarily missing, and not a fugitive on the run as some are implying. I haven't found him on a wanted fugitive list. I am speculating, but I think if he were listed as a fugitive more LE would be looking for him. From my understanding Coke County only has a sheriff and a few deputies so they probably are limited. I find it very sad that all of this information is misleading because I have read comments on various sites where people have quickly changed their opinion because they now think he is a wanted fugitive who may be dangerous. I am just a person but I firmly believe that Brandon deserves the same as anyone else. No one is perfect, we all have made mistakes, and he has a family. The only way I would say differently about someone deserving the same respect as the next missing would be a murderer, rapist, or child molesters.

Here at WS we speculate as to what could have happened to a MP. There have been many cases where what everyone thinks to be the obvious does not turn out to be so. There is no proof that B is dead and there is not proof that B is on the run. So we speculate. I don't think it's far fetched at all that he COULD be on the run. Remember that much of this here is speculation and opinions and we are entitled to post those as long as we make it clear it's an opinion and not a fact. Nobody should be offended over an opinion IMO.

I believe B deserves the same respect and attention as any other person. IMO the fugitive comments take it a bit far but that's just MOO. He's not wanted for murder! Comparing what Coke County has done to other MP cases IMO B has been treated no different than any other MP and in some instances he's had more searches and attention than other more "upstanding citizens".

Why is he listed as "involuntary missing"? IMO they have nothing to prove that it's voluntary and this is the reason and it's that simple. It's like when people get upset that LE says "no foul play suspected". They say this in almost every single MP case and they say this until they know otherwise. It's just a simple as that. Or sometimes they say they have not ruled out foul play. What does that mean? Just what it says and nothing more.

IMO the obvious reasons for them not suspecting foul play in B's case (even after hearing the 911 call) is that they know about B's condition that night and the events leading up to his going missing. Plain and simple.. sometimes LE knows more than the public and there are reasons for why they say what they do. After hearing more about B's condition that night I would tend to agree. IMO I think there's a small chance that foul play is involved.

IF there is any merit in what the PG lady said. She only posted it on fb and never came forward to LE or LL to my knowledge and she could just be an attention getter. Who knows? I've really taken that whole thing with a grain of salt because IMO if she saw something or knew something she would go to LE.

I have seen vehicles put in neutral and pushed. I guess it depends on the type of vehicle as to whether a key would be needed in order to accomplish this. As to the truck driver's call, has he been questioned about that night-what he saw, did he see the motorist or just the truck? Surely they have records of the 911 calls and should be able to find out info. of the trucker from the # he called from. I always thought 911 asked for name and number of the 911 call. I question the preggarsif she didn't actually call 911 if she thought someone might need CPR.

According to LL in the blogtalk interview LE did talk to the trucker. She claims that she doesn't know what he said. And that's all we know.

IF there is any merit in what the PG lady said. She only posted it on fb and never came forward to LE or LL to my knowledge and she could just be an attention getter. Who knows? I've really taken that whole thing with a grain of salt because IMO if she saw something or knew something she would go to LE.

Oh I agree...like I said just my random thoughts that pop in my head when something is brought back up. Just my opinions. :)

Here at WS we speculate as to what could have happened to a MP. There have been many cases where what everyone thinks to be the obvious does not turn out to be so. There is no proof that B is dead and there is not proof that B is on the run. So we speculate. I don't think it's far fetched at all that he COULD be on the run. Remember that much of this here is speculation and opinions and we are entitled to post those as long as we make it clear it's an opinion and not a fact. Nobody should be offended over an opinion IMO.

I believe B deserves the same respect and attention as any other person. IMO the fugitive comments take it a bit far but that's just MOO. He's not wanted for murder! Comparing what Coke County has done to other MP cases IMO B has been treated no different than any other MP and in some instances he's had more searches and attention than other more "upstanding citizens".

Why is he listed as "involuntary missing"? IMO they have nothing to prove that it's voluntary and this is the reason and it's that simple. It's like when people get upset that LE says "no foul play suspected". They say this in almost every single MP case and they say this until they know otherwise. It's just a simple as that. Or sometimes they say they have not ruled out foul play. What does that mean? Just what it says and nothing more.

IMO the obvious reasons for them not suspecting foul play in B's case (even after hearing the 911 call) is that they know about B's condition that night and the events leading up to his going missing. Plain and simple.. sometimes LE knows more than the public and there are reasons for why they say what they do. After hearing more about B's condition that night I would tend to agree. IMO I think there's a small chance that foul play is involved.

Best post EVER! :yourock::goodpost::party:

This map shows the Verizon cell towers that are currently active according to FCC filings. I previously posted this map in thread #2. It appears that Brandon's phone was detected by at least 3 towers based on range, but terrain could have cut that back to 2 or just 1 in some places. Verizon knows the accuracy, but at this point we don't.

Numbers shown on the map are the FCC registration numbers of the towers. One other note is that the truck location shown on this map is not the one suggested by TexSAR. That location is a bit north of the location shown.

Also note that there is a possibility that Brandon's phone accessed another carrier's tower. I believe Verizon in that area is using CDMA technology and that is fairly common among major carriers. In the event Brandon's phone lost all Verizon signals his phone would at least look for another carrier using the same wireless standard in an attempt to allow emergency calling.

Attachments

• verizontowers.jpg
    verizontowers.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 71
This map shows the Verizon cell towers that are currently active according to FCC filings. I previously posted this map in thread #2. It appears that Brandon's phone was detected by at least 3 towers based on range, but terrain could have cut that back to 2 or just 1 in some places. Verizon knows the accuracy, but at this point we don't.

Numbers shown on the map are the FCC registration numbers of the towers. One other note is that the truck location shown on this map is not the one suggested by TexSAR. That location is a bit north of the location shown.

Also note that there is a possibility that Brandon's phone accessed another carrier's tower. I believe Verizon in that area is using CDMA technology and that is fairly common among major carriers. In the event Brandon's phone lost all Verizon signals his phone would at least look for another carrier using the same wireless standard in an attempt to allow emergency calling.

Thank you techpuppy for all the maps you have done. :)

Finally got logged on with an account.....been watching for a while now I can join the discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho