TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, does anyone thing he might have had another girlfriend pregnant that he was going to see?

I wouldn't rule it out at all! They had issues would split up and get back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first time posting on this thread, I've followed this case on and off for awhile but keep coming back to it, mainly because I just cannot settle on a theory of what happened to BL. This is really a strange case...

From what I understand reading through this thread there are 3 main groups of theories of what happened to BL: that he is hiding out due to the warrant, that he witnessed someone/something when his car ran out the gas, or that something happened to him prior to the car running out of gas and he was never actually in the car/wasn't him on the 911 call. I would guess you could add a fourth in that he somehow accidentally died/got lost out in the fields while running/hiding from police. Here are my questions/thoughts on those three options:

1) Does anyone know what BL's criminal record was prior to the warrant? I believe the warrant was for possession of a controlled substance, but I swear I read somewhere that it was for possession of a controlled substance w. intent to distribute. Can anyone clarify that? I also believe I read somewhere on this forum that he had done time prior to this, does anyone know what for? I'm always skeptical when I hear the claim that someone faked their disappearance to hide out from a warrant, but if this was his possession of a controlled substance w. intent to distribute would be a felony, and if he already had one or more felony convictions, he would potentially be facing some heavy prison time. That being said, BL called 911 himself, so it appears he wasn't afraid of contacting/dealing w. LE.

2) How well traveled was the area of road BL broke down on? I know that 277 is a heavily traveled route, but from my understanding, Coke County is pretty rural. Unless he was followed out of town, I would almost have to assume if he ran into someone, it was just a random encounter. What would be the likelihood of that, at that time of night? I know there have been suggestions he was at Walmart earlier that night and there was some altercation or confrontation of some sort, if that was the case, I would assume it would be easy for LE to verify, because Walmart has security cameras everywhere. I just can't for the life of me imagine what he would have ran into on the road that would have been so bad that he ends up dead because he was a witness, I think that is why I have so much difficulty believing that theory. It's definitely possible, and the 911 call certainly would lead one in that direction, and that's why I think this case is so interesting...the scenario he describes on the 911 just seems so bizarre to me. Also, what was the terrain like in the area he went missing? I know that the area was searched extensively, but that doesn't mean he isn't there somewhere, especially if the terrain is somewhat difficult to search. Would it have been possible for him to injure himself/get lost somewhere and die accidentally?

3) I agree that KL and LL's behavior is a little difficult to understand. I'm not accusing them of being involved in any way in BL's disappearance, but I do think there are holes in their stories that could suggest they are not being entirely forthcoming. Perhaps that is due to the warrant and they feel they are protecting BL, I don't really know for sure. I don't think LL immediately assuming he was dead is not necessarily suspicious. People think all kinds of things when put in these kinds of situations, and none of us know how we will react until it actually happens to us. I also don't see her filing the missing persons report in Coke County rather than where they lived as suspicious either. Granted, Coke County probably has a lot less resources, but I doubt she'd be thinking that. In her mind (and this is JMO) she felt BL was last seen in Coke County, so that was where she should file the missing person report.

4) I've seen a lot of posts asking why his house was never searched- do we actually know it never was? I would expect it wasn't and that isn't because LE was incompetent, it was because they would need a warrant and probably wouldn't have been able to get one. Now, they of course could have asked LL to search the property, and she could have let them in voluntarily, but if she had told them no, that would be her right and they'd need to get a warrant, which I'm not sure they'd be able to. I can't speak to TX law specifically, but I'm currently attending law school in IL and have done an internship for a defense firm in WI, and under those laws, I would think it would be somewhat difficult for them to get a warrant for the house...from my understanding, they don't believe there is any evidence of foul play, and they believe his last known location was in and around his car outside of Bronte. So I'm not certain they would have even been concerned w. searching the house. IMO, searching the house should have been a top priority, but if they knew they'd have trouble getting a warrant, I can see why they didn't pursue it. Once again, JMO.

Everything above is JMO, hopefully I'm not completely off base :)

Why do you think a warrant on the house would be difficult? That is the last known place Brandon was seen alive and there was some sort of argument at the house before he went missing. To me that is could be a reason to search the house

I definitely don't think it would be impossible to get one, but I don't think it'd be easy (w. the info we've been given) to get a search warrant in the early days when it was crucial. I'm sure it's been said a hundred times, but it's not illegal to go missing as an adult. LE didn't find evidence of foul play, and the 911 call was made from Bronte, either in or around his vehicle. So a search warrant for his vehicle definitely could have been issued (IMO) and it should have been searched thoroughly (I'm not sure if it was.) If LE had reason to believe he was not the one to make the 911 call, I can see a much better case for a search warrant, but my understanding is LE believed his last location was off 277 near Bronte. What would be their reasoning to the judge on why they needed a search warrant? They didn't suspect foul play, all they had was a missing man who they believed made a 911 call from outside of Bronte. What would they be searching the house for? I just can't see a purpose for a warrant to search the house being issued w.o foul play being suspected, and
even if it was suspected, they would need something linking it back to the home. I do think searching the home should have been something they were considering, and an easy way to get around the search warrant and put the pressure on LL would be to simply ask to search the home, see if there was anything that that could give them a clue as to why he left/what he was doing. She would have every right to refuse, but if she really wanted to find her husband and had nothing to hide, one who think she would allow them to search. If she refuses, then they can take steps from there. Her refusal doesn't in anyway make her guilty...she could be hiding something completely unrelated to BL's disappearance and wouldn't want LE in her house (not in any way insinuating she was, just showing why someone may refuse a search). Like I said, I don't know if LE ever asked LL to search the home, and I'm not sure if they even searched the car (will be trying to find that out after this post) but I just don't think they ever suspected LL of having anything to do w. His disappearance, and believed he went missing around Bronte, so the house wasn't the area to focus attention on. All of this is obviously JMO, and I'm not trying to accuse LL of having anything to w. his disappearance, although some of her behavior has been questionable, I just don't see any of it being enough to warrant a search warrant of his home. That being said, if LL no longer owns the property (I'm not sure if they were renting or owned) they could always ask the new owners to search the property. Not sure if that would help at this point, given the passage of time, but would be worth a shot if they suspected foul play....problem is I don't think they do.

In my opinion, part of the problem with the investigation is LE didn't even realize Brandon was missing for at least a couple of days. IIRC LL says they didn't even know about the 911 call until they saw it on BL's cell phone records. I don't think LE even knew the 911 call was from BL, so I really don't think they put 2 and 2 together for a few days. I am not sure they even investigated the 911 call myself. That is one of the unknowns. We heard about LE investigating the call from a trucker who almost his BL's truck, and don't forget the mysterious call from the girl, but nothing about BL's call about being chased into the woods! (Remember the 911 calls were answered by the nursing home staff and then called into the sheriff's office.)

We have to remember, the family was leery of LE due to the fact BL had a warrant. They didn't know he had called 911, so why bring LE into the mix while they are searching for him the following day? I think the family felt he had hidden out since LE was by his pickup. (I am of the opinion it is BL on the 911 tape and this is not a set up by the family.)

We almost have to look at this case backwards since all the information about BL missing didn't happen in chronological order. It all came about because BL never showed up so holy carp......we have to do something! His truck had already been taken away before LE was informed he was missing. Some people want to blame LE for a botched investigation, but they really weren't given all the fact in the beginning. And then again we have to remember LL left San Angelo within a month or so of BL missing and moved back to the in-laws in the Ft. Worth area. (The house was rented BTW.) I am sure if LE wanted to search the house at this point it would not have been difficult.

Another thing that held up doing anything is the fact that the local LE felt BL was in hiding to evade the warrant. I think when the Texas Rangers or FBI were brought into this case the tide started to turn to other scenarios. All of these scenarios are possible. I am still of the opinion BL went in the direction of Bronte to score a drug deal and it went terribly wrong. (Maybe when he ran out of gas the dealer came to him?) He was in a fight for his life when he called 911 and unfortunately he lost his life that night. He may never be found and if he is it will be by accident.

The one thing that truly bothers me about this whole situation is the fact BL called 911 and as far as WE know BL did not tell his brother, his brother's GF or his wife anything about being chased into the woods even tho he was texting/talking to the GF AFTER the 911 call. Human nature says we tell our loved ones when we are in trouble. I think the family and GF know more about what happened than they are letting on to the public. Out of fear (drug dealers are ruthless!) or out of privacy, I don't think we will know what really happened. I think LE has a lot more info than us and probably have a good idea, but we certainly don't!

Anyhow, these are my thoughts and thank you stephsb for joining this thread. Those of us who watch this case have beat our heads against the wall. It is good to have another set of eyes on this case.

I agree with the majority of what you said, but remember the NEXT day LL hired a helicopter and already set up go fund me accounts, to me that says she knew he was missing, she should have went then and filed a Missing persons report and not wait the 3-5 days

The one thing that truly bothers me about this whole situation is the fact BL called 911 and as far as WE know BL did not tell his brother, his brother's GF or his wife anything about being chased into the woods even tho he was texting/talking to the GF AFTER the 911 call. Human nature says we tell our loved ones when we are in trouble. I think the family and GF know more about what happened than they are letting on to the public. Out of fear (drug dealers are ruthless!) or out of privacy, I don't think we will know what really happened. I think LE has a lot more info than us and probably have a good idea, but we certainly don't!

RSBM - This ^^^

The phone calls with KL and his girlfriend have never sat right with me.

I haven't had time to read through all of these posts, but I live in San Angelo, and I can potentially do some ground work if it's needed...not sure how many others on this thread are local.

This is is my first post, btw.

I haven't had time to read through all of these posts, but I live in San Angelo, and I can potentially do some ground work if it's needed...not sure how many others on this thread are local.

:welcome:

Welcome aboard, we like to have new people look at this and bring their thoughts and opinions into the mix. You may see something we don't

I followed this case for a while but haven't read in many months. Brandon was on my mind tonight though.

Welcome LineDrive! We always can use new eyes and EARS! I am from Abilene and travel to San Angelo often to see my grandchildren. I pass through Bronte all the time. Please listen to the 911 call and see what you hear! I don't want to suggest anything, but since you are from the area, you might understand his accent better than some. Also get a feel for the timeline if you will. I always said people from San Angelo don't leave there at midnight without gas! They know better because it is too far to anywhere else that time of night. Thank you and welcome! Make yourself at home.

Happy Birthday Brandon... May this be the last birthday you spend away from your family [emoji22]

95b740c085cc8d39ce30ae3f02719785.jpg

I have followed and researched this case for many months now. Like most of you I have listened to the 911 call over and over and have had my husband (blindly) listen as well. His response (before I told him about Brandon and to this day after listening to hours and hours of my research and what if scenarios) is the mystery word (scraper, trooper, scaper) is Taper. I didn't get very far with that spelling in my research, but when I looked up "taper animals Texas" I got the word Tapir which is a version of the javelina aka wild hog. Warning Tapir's are known for having the largest of a certain part of their anatomy so careful when googling. It is actually quite the joke on the internet it seems. In the article I am attaching it mentions that Javelinas are rampant in this area. To all the locals would you ever refer to the javalina or wild hog as a Tapir? Especially if you worked in the oil field and maybe your buddy shows you the ridiculous google images of their "large anatomy?" Then from that day on you and your buddies refer to the javelina as their lesser known name "tapir" because it is engrained jn your memory bank now. Then in a time of panic or delirium or both Tapir is what comes to mind instead of wild hog That's the explanation that has stuck in my head for several months and I keep coming back to it. "A tapir just pushed some guys over." Perhaps someone stopped to help brandon or Brandon walked up on someone he shouldn't have and they startled the Tapir's which is why he was running and perhaps why he was bleeding. This is all dependent on if any of you Texas natives would ever think to call the wild hog a Tapir. I for one will never call a wild hog anything other than a tapir because of my googling. Thoughts???? Hoping this link posts as this is my first post on WS:
https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/tcj01

I have followed and researched this case for many months now. Like most of you I have listened to the 911 call over and over and have had my husband (blindly) listen as well. His response (before I told him about Brandon and to this day after listening to hours and hours of my research and what if scenarios) is the mystery word (scraper, trooper, scaper) is Taper. I didn't get very far with that spelling in my research, but when I looked up "taper animals Texas" I got the word Tapir which is a version of the javelina aka wild hog. Warning Tapir's are known for having the largest of a certain part of their anatomy so careful when googling. It is actually quite the joke on the internet it seems. In the article I am attaching it mentions that Javelinas are rampant in this area. To all the locals would you ever refer to the javalina or wild hog as a Tapir? Especially if you worked in the oil field and maybe your buddy shows you the ridiculous google images of their "large anatomy?" Then from that day on you and your buddies refer to the javelina as their lesser known name "tapir" because it is engrained jn your memory bank now. Then in a time of panic or delirium or both Tapir is what comes to mind instead of wild hog That's the explanation that has stuck in my head for several months and I keep coming back to it. "A tapir just pushed some guys over." Perhaps someone stopped to help brandon or Brandon walked up on someone he shouldn't have and they startled the Tapir's which is why he was running and perhaps why he was bleeding. This is all dependent on if any of you Texas natives would ever think to call the wild hog a Tapir. I for one will never call a wild hog anything other than a tapir because of my googling. Thoughts???? Hoping this link posts as this is my first post on WS:
https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/tcj01

:welcome4:

Welcome Rachelbugg06. Glad you are here! I am a local and I have never heard the wild hogs called a tapir. We call them wild hogs or wild pigs or boar hogs....but I've never heard Tapir! You could have something there tho.

Keep listening and start posting!! It's fun.

:welcome4:

Welcome Rachelbugg06. Glad you are here! I am a local and I have never heard the wild hogs called a tapir. We call them wild hogs or wild pigs or boar hogs....but I've never heard Tapir! You could have something there tho.

Keep listening and start posting!! It's fun.

Well rats! Nannymo, I was hoping you could answer my question and now I am back to square one. I have also researched many of the other 20-30ish nice looking young men with a "troubled" past (most that drive a truck) that disappear into thin air in and around your area and it scares me how many there are! Is the cartel rampant in the drug world around there and just really not spoken of unless something big happens? This was my other thought is that perhaps that mystery word is slang for some type of gang, cartel, or drug dealer in the San Angelo/bronte area? Thoughts????
I am always lurking on lots of Texas/oklahoma threads and now that missing teen paigelynn was found less than 15 miles from me SAFE AND ALIVE I definitely see the importance of us all sharing any and every thought and lead. Fingers crossed Brandon 's babies get some closure this year. :)

Hey guys, I am from England (UK) . I have followed all threads on BL.

From the 911 call I hear something different to everyone else. This would be the "Brandon Lawson Missing - 911 Call VERSION IV" on YOUTUBE

"Yes, I'm in the middle of a field and these guys were just freaking me out" I can clearly hear the words "Freaking me out"

Many hear "SIPHER, JUST PULLED SOME GUYS OVER"

brandon said "I"VE RUN OUT OF GAS" maybe someone pulled him over so they could SYPHON the gas from his car.

Syphoning gas = gas theft. I used to do it all the time as a teen in the UK. (Sorry bit too honest there lol)

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member