TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Is that for any three crimes or just serious ones? That seems incredibly harsh. That changes things then, I guess. If he was on his third strike, that is.

It does seem harsh. I had a Criminal Law instructor explain in class one time the theory behind such laws. They are geared toward the habitual offender, in an effort to remove the ones who have shown time and time again that committing crimes is something they will keep doing. I think the instructor was of the opinion that if after so many crimes the criminal does not want to stop and that society should not have to deal with such people. Our instructor had some pretty strong opinions :scared:

Running ideas through my brain :scared:

What if B turned drug informant? We know according to public records he has a criminal record for drugs and other things. So, one scenario could be that the dealers/suppliers found out and the did something to B. Another idea, turned informant and LE has him in protective custody. I'm still on the fence on what happened that night. My gut feeling is that several people know what happened to B . Someone needs to come forward. Leave a tip anonymously. Something !! Think of his poor children who are growing up without a Dad.

I also think the information given to LE in the beginning hurt this case. Much too many inconsistencies. :facepalm::gaah:

" River stones remain, while water flows away.” Romanian Quote"

* This is all JMO, MOO, ETC..

Do we have any idea if he was going to be headed to a specific destination when he left his house after the argument?

Or was he going to drive to where ever?

Do we have any idea if he was going to be headed to a specific destination when he left his house after the argument?

Or was he going to drive to where ever?

All we know is that after leaving the girlfriends house he was at/or seen at friends. The Sheriff stated that in an early news article. But he never said who or were. All we know is the last person to see him was the girlfriend and she said she thought he was headed to Fort Worth. But it was my understanding that when his truck was found it wasn't pointed in the direction of Fort Worth.

I'm just tossing things around in my mind and wondering, why the home that Brandon was last seen at was not searched? I am also wondering why Audrey, the brothers gf has not been questioned? She was supposedly the last one to speak with Brandon. I have some problems with all this being quiet and calm it is like they want people to just shut up so the case will go away. Well I have my theories on who, what, how and why happened that night. It is so sad that their is 4 innocent life's living with out their daddy because of cowards trying to protect the guilty.
These are my opinions only!!!!!!
Brandon where are you?

I'm just tossing things around in my mind and wondering, why the home that Brandon was last seen at was not searched? I am also wondering why Audrey, the brothers gf has not been questioned? She was supposedly the last one to speak with Brandon. I have some problems with all this being quiet and calm it is like they want people to just shut up so the case will go away. Well I have my theories on who, what, how and why happened that night. It is so sad that their is 4 innocent life's living with out their daddy because of cowards trying to protect the guilty.
Brandon where are you?

I looked over all the LE & MSM reports and could not find anything that said LE talked to the Brother's girlfriend or got a statement from her. I would hope they did since she was the last known person to speak with Brandon. And Brandon told her he was bleeding correct? Seems very odd, that there has been no mention of her . I don't understand why they ( they being K & A ) would think Brandon was hiding and Brandon telling the girlfriend he was bleeding and they didn't think anything was wrong. :facepalm:

I looked over all the LE & MSM reports and could not find anything that said LE talked to the Brother's girlfriend or got a statement from her. I would hope they did since she was the last known person to speak with Brandon. And Brandon told her he was bleeding correct? Seems very odd, that there has been no mention of her . I don't understand why they ( they being K & A ) would think Brandon was hiding and Brandon telling the girlfriend he was bleeding and they didn't think anything was wrong. :facepalm:
Yes I find that very odd they would not question her. Have they searched the last place he was seen at?

Brandon where are you?

This is what I've wondered & asked multiple times from the very beginning. Even with the truck being found inside Coke County line, wouldn't jurisdiction fall to place of residence? Ergo the house would've been searched. There IS a reason the gf would contact Coke County right from the get go to check on the status of a family member who'd run out of gas. There's got to be a reason the missing persons report was filed in Coke County. And there has to be a reason the gf got a motel in Bronte the morning after he supposedly grabbed extra clothes, got in his truck & was ready to leave her. Call me crazy but sounds familiar to a woman scorned kind of Lifetime Original Movie.
Of course all of my thoughts & opinions are that, my thoughts only & my opinions only.

This is what I've wondered & asked multiple times from the very beginning. Even with the truck being found inside Coke County line, wouldn't jurisdiction fall to place of residence? Ergo the house would've been searched. There IS a reason the gf would contact Coke County right from the get go to check on the status of a family member who'd run out of gas. There's got to be a reason the missing persons report was filed in Coke County. And there has to be a reason the gf got a motel in Bronte the morning after he supposedly grabbed extra clothes, got in his truck & was ready to leave her. Call me crazy but sounds familiar to a woman scorned kind of Lifetime Original Movie.
Of course all of my thoughts & opinions are that, my thoughts only & my opinions only.

:gaah: Lifetime movies. So many of them have been based off of true stories/cases. And of course a woman scorned is the oldest story in the book. " Hell hath no fury as a scorned woman "

It is very odd the truck was found in Bronte out of gas. He would have passed a Stripes gas station just down the road from the GF's house. How come he didn't stop for gas there? His GF thought he might have been headed to his parents in Fort Worth area, so wouldn't he have needed gas? And Bronte is in the other direction from Fort Worth right?

I agree with you there. Why was she chasing him so to speak, Or was he even in his truck or Bronte County at all? I do not believe that Brandon was all doped up, like gf and K told LE. I think the dopers are others that are involved in this case. Just my opinion. And yes this is a Lifetime Movie at its best. So much deception.

:gaah: Lifetime movies. So many of them have been based off of true stories/cases. And of course a woman scorned is the oldest story in the book. " Hell hath no fury as a scorned woman "

It is very odd the truck was found in Bronte out of gas. He would have passed a Stripes gas station just down the road from the GF's house. How come he didn't stop for gas there? His GF thought he might have been headed to his parents in Fort Worth area, so wouldn't he have needed gas? And Bronte is in the other direction from Fort Worth right?
Yes there is a Stripes within 2 or 3 blocks of the gf house and another one within 5 or 6 blocks the other way, so he had to pass one to leave the house. Yes he was on the wrong road to get to Ft. Worth, he had a purpose to be going to Bronte Texas ( if it was him) maybe a girlfriend.

Yes there is a Stripes within 2 or 3 blocks of the gf house and another one within 5 or 6 blocks the other way, so he had to pass one to leave the house. Yes he was on the wrong road to get to Ft. Worth, he had a purpose to be going to Bronte Texas ( if it was him) maybe a girlfriend.

That is a good point about a girlfriend. There had been rumor's on SM in regards to that. I try to keep an open mind and look at all possible things. If things were not going well with the GF, then it could be possible he had another girlfriend. None of Brandon's friends have popped up on the FB page or anywhere that I have seen. Seems to be all of the girlfriends friends and supporters. Makes me feel sad that none of his work buddies or friends have been vocal or anything.

Also, since its been stated by the GF that they haven't lived in SA for very long, they aren't from that area. So it would be reasonable to assume that they didn't know anyone in Bronte. So what or who could he have been going to see?

Where is Brandon??

Is it customary, when a person goes missing, to search their house? What if LE says there's no evidence of criminality in the disappearance - what would be their legal reason to search the house?

LE did not ever think he was missing. They thought he voluntarily disappeared to avoid jail time.

LE did not ever think he was missing. They thought he voluntarily disappeared to avoid jail time.

Do you think some of the tips LE said they received were about that? I have always wondered ever since I read the what the sheriff said to the news about some of the tips and they were looking in other areas. I have thought and thought about how easy it is to go into hiding. I know back 30 yrs ago I went sorta off the grid. Mainly I kept no contact with family for over two years and they had no idea where I was or what. Though since I was a wild child back then I think it really didn't surprise them. I have no idea how hard it is to hide if you have a warrant though.

Just for the sake of discussion, if he did decide to go in hiding, would the 911 call & the truck out of gas left in that area seem kinda of a bit extreme way to do it?

Is it customary, when a person goes missing, to search their house? What if LE says there's no evidence of criminality in the disappearance - what would be their legal reason to search the house?

Honestly I don't know what's customary in a missing person's case, this is my 1st to follow, but I don't think it would've been a terrible idea to at least check the house out, especially since LL & KL admitted to LE they had not told the truth, not one of them, BOTH OF THEM. In my opinion that in itself would've been enough to sound an alarm that something just wasn't right. Just because LE doesn't think at that time there was any evidence of foul play, doesn't mean there wasn't.

Yes, Texas does have a "three strikes" law. This is from the link below:

The three-strikes law significantly increases the prison sentences of persons convicted of a felony who have been previously convicted of two or more violent crimes or serious felonies, and limits the ability of these offenders to receive a punishment other than a life sentence. Violent and serious felonies are specifically listed in state laws. Violent offenses include murder, robbery of a residence in which a deadly or dangerous weapon is used, rape and other sex offenses; serious offenses include the same offenses defined as violent offenses, but also include other crimes such as burglary of a residence and assault with intent to commit a robbery or murder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-strikes_law

That I would have no idea on. I do know he did prior prison time. Not sure if Texas has a three strikes law or repeat offender law that would have caused him to have more time.

I don't know if BL's crimes consist of felonies or not. I don't think they were "violent" crimes. So I really don't think the three strikes would have been used in his case. Never-the-less, I am sure no one wants to spend time in prison. I don't think he ran myself, but I have made that clear from day one. :thinking: Still not sure what is going on in this case.

At 1st I didn't think he was running, why the big show if he just wanted to disappear & live on the run. I have thought there has been a lot of acting & things have been said as a piss poor pitiful attempt to cover a few rear ends. In my experience I've never heard of anyone that has felony drug arrests having the 3 strike law apply to them & BL's arrests were for small time drug stuff, I could see the law applying to him IF he was caught with thousands of pounds of a drug & was transporting it.

I would really like the last place he was seen searched thoroughly. If Brandon was driving around so much he MUST have been picked up on CCTV unless LL's house was in the back end of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman