TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? I can't.

The clerk at Stripes may have been a better choice.... Just Say'n the clerk at our corner store knows all, she will pull info out a mute person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bumping for Brandon!

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I don't understand why some people think he was killed by gunshots at the end of that 911 call. If he calls the brother AFTER. then it's clear he was alive after whatever happened and he was not incapacitated enough to make a phone call and send texts. I also don't understand why in the call he sounds under so much distress and it sounds so urgent yet after it seems like he is more casually TEXTING the brothers gf and making calls to them at the same time?

Why would he be sending texts in that situation? If it's a matter of life and death or as vital as it sounds when he's speaking to 911 then surely he would CALL the brother or the brothers gf to explain what's happening ? There is no guarantee she has the phone in her hand or can hear the text in order to reply instantly, and texting takes longer to explain himself then it would over a phone call. If he'd been shot or severely injured could he really be sitting there calmly texting and waiting for replies?

One thing i don't think is odd though is that the girlfriend went to bed even though he had ran out of gas. He was a grown man and they'd just had a big argument/fight. My baby mother went to bed once after our youngest child was taken into hospital in the middle of the night. I was calling her from the hospital to update her and she didn't answer. In the morning she said she had gone to bed and this was our 3 month old *child* in hospital. So i guess some people are just like that.

I don't understand why some people think he was killed by gunshots at the end of that 911 call. If he calls the brother AFTER. then it's clear he was alive after whatever happened and he was not incapacitated enough to make a phone call and send texts. I also don't understand why in the call he sounds under so much distress and it sounds so urgent yet after it seems like he is more casually TEXTING the brothers gf and making calls to them at the same time?

Why would he be sending texts in that situation? If it's a matter of life and death or as vital as it sounds when he's speaking to 911 then surely he would CALL the brother or the brothers gf to explain what's happening ? There is no guarantee she has the phone in her hand or can hear the text in order to reply instantly, and texting takes longer to explain himself then it would over a phone call. If he'd been shot or severely injured could he really be sitting there calmly texting and waiting for replies?

One thing i don't think is odd though is that the girlfriend went to bed even though he had ran out of gas. He was a grown man and they'd just had a big argument/fight. My baby mother went to bed once after our youngest child was taken into hospital in the middle of the night. I was calling her from the hospital to update her and she didn't answer. In the morning she said she had gone to bed and this was our 3 month old *child* in hospital. So i guess some people are just like that.

I agree with the 1st paragraph.

But the 2nd paragraph, I don't think her going to bed is what I, and others, find to be odd. It's the supposedly putting the phone in the van to charge & that's her reason for not receiving calls/texts from BL, but somehow received all of BL's brother's, that's the part I personally find odd; not that she went to sleep or that she just missed calls/texts.

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

I agree with the 1st paragraph.

But the 2nd paragraph, I don't think her going to bed is what I, and others, find to be odd. It's the supposedly putting the phone in the van to charge & that's her reason for not receiving calls/texts from BL, but somehow received all of BL's brother's, that's the part I personally find odd; not that she went to sleep or that she just missed calls/texts.

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

Ah, i see, yeah that is a little strange. I didn't know she had received all of the brothers calls. At first i thought she was maybe just ignoring BL's calls because they'd had a fight.

All very good points, and some that several of us have been wondering about since the first day.

The girlfriend got the brother's calls after she took her phone out to be charged in the van, but not Brandon's? Hmmm...

And the texting after he's supposedly in a situation? I mean, it could happen, but.... Me, personally, I would be going down my contact list, calling every person possible, and also blowing up 911. Somebody better get me some help NOW. I'm in trouble and this is what's going on.

Also, if he was going to text, why not text who, what, and where?

All very good points, and some that several of us have been wondering about since the first day.

The girlfriend got the brother's calls after she took her phone out to be charged in the van, but not Brandon's? Hmmm...

And the texting after he's supposedly in a situation? I mean, it could happen, but.... Me, personally, I would be going down my contact list, calling every person possible, and also blowing up 911. Somebody better get me some help NOW. I'm in trouble and this is what's going on.

Also, if he was going to text, why not text who, what, and where?

I hadn't known the girlfriend had received the brother's calls but not his, that definitely seems a little odd. Is there a possibility she was purposely ignoring him because they had an argument earlier? Did she know the severity of the situation at the time, or did she just think 'oh he's ran out of gas we're not speaking so let him and his brother sort it out and I'll go to bed'?

I feel the same about the texting. If i was in a situation like it sounded like he was on the 911 call, scared for my life, being chased, potentially about to be killed I don't think the next chance i got to contact help I'd be taking the time to compose a message, hitting 'send, waiting for it to go through, then waiting a minute or two for them to reply etc it just seems like something you wouldn't do in a matter of vital urgency and when immediate help is needed, but that's just me.

I agree with the last part too. I mean the call to 911 (assuming it's not a red herring and that's how it went down) is not that clear to work out but it has him going into a bit of detail at least before it cuts out. We can clearly tell he's in a problematic situation and in distress. But then when he eventually gets the chance and contacts the brother/brother's girlfriend the ONLY thing they can get out of it is that he's bleeding? Really? He doesn't explain or even try to say anything else of importance to them about where he is, what's happening, if he's dying etc? He goes from sounding like he is in a scene from a real life horror film to having the opportunity to both text and call and all he gets across to them is he's bleeding or in a bush? Doesn't add up.

I am going to play the devil’s advocate here. I respect the opinion of others here who feel family is involved, but I personally don’t feel that way. Mainly because of the 911 call where there is another voice. It is certainly a possibility. I do feel they have not been forthcoming with details and I feel they are not good at communicating what happened very well for some reason. I would love to talk to Ladessa and Kyle and get a good timeline, but that will never happen. I apologize in advance about the length of my post, but we do have several new people here who may not know all the issues from the beginning. I arranged this timeline from several articles early on to get things straight in my head how this all transpired.

I also want to comment on the 911 operator. You have to realize this is a county with only 2 VERY SMALL towns. Bronte population is 973, Robert Lee only 1010 and Coke county has a population of 3210. Highway 277 runs from the Mexican border all the way past Oklahoma City (which is a major trafficking city). Highway 277 also has a lot of illegals traveling from Mexico, so the border patrol watches this highway closely. Anyhow, here are some of my observations about phone calls and text timelines.

Last but not least, cell coverage is very spotty along this route. Texting sometimes gets through when calls do not. That MAY explain texting instead of calling. (I do agree I would call before texting also!)

From The Observer FB Page:

1. Just before 1 am Saturday morning, a call came into 911 about a stranded motorist near Bronte on Highway 277. (Truckers call? Not Brandon’s?)
2. The original call from 911 came to Coke County Sheriff’s Office at 12:58 am Friday, August 9, 2013, reporting a stranded motorist.
3. Just after 1 am, Chief Deputy Brandon Neal arrived at disabled vehicle south of Bronte on Highway 277.
4. Phone records revealed the missing man, Brandon Lawson, was speaking to his brother, Kyle Lawson, just after 1 am.
4. The last contact with Brandon Lawson’s phone was a text message at 1:19 am warning him about police sent from a phone belonging to Kyle Lawson’s girlfriend.
5. Sometime after 7 am Friday morning, Kyle Lawson purchased gas in a gas can from Stripes. The empty gas can was found in the back of the abandoned vehicle.
6. At approximately 8:30 am Friday morning, Best Connection arrived at the abandoned vehicle on Highway 277 and towed it to their facility.

BBM

From The Help Find Brandon Lawson Facebook Page:
1. Ladessa called Brandon’s parents concerned. (unknown time, assuming after the fight)
2. Brandon called his dad and left the house at 11:54 PM.
3 08/09/2013 Approx 12:10 AM Kyle, Brandon’s brother, came over to check on Ladessa then he left.
4. Approx 12:30 AM Kyle called Ladessa and said that Brandon ran out of gas and Ladessa asked Kyle to take the gas can, get it filled, and bring it to Brandon. Kyle took the gas can and left.
5. 08/09/2013 Approx 12:34 AM, 12:36 AM, and 12:48 AM Ladessa’s phone was charging and she missed 3 phone calls from Brandon; he did not leave a message.
6. 08/09/2013 Approx 12:53 AM Brandon Lawson called 911 and Coke County Sheriff’s Office responded to a stranded motorist.
7. 08/09/2013 1:18 AM Kyle and Audrey (Kyle’s girlfriend) went to Brandon’s truck and called Brandon on the way to find his exact location. Kyle spoke with Brandon and states it sounded like Brandon was running through brush, and “scuffling around out in the brush.” He told Kyle to “just hurry up and get here” then he hung up. Audrey called Brandon and he stated, “Audg (her nickname) I’m effing bleeding.” Kyle and Audrey found Brandon’s truck on the road and saw that law enforcement was arriving at the truck at the same time, Coke Co Sheriff’s Officer. They had bad signal but called Brandon again and Kyle asked Brandon where he was and Brandon told Kyle he was “10 minutes up the road”. Kyle and Audrey were at the truck south of 277 with Coke County Chief Deputy Brandon Neal as Deputy Chris Fox was checking north on 277. Kyle and Audrey had a bad connection with Brandon and tried to text him. Kyle and Audrey went up the road, parked, and waited. After no response, they had text him and said, “The police are at your truck.” My opinion: This is where I believe information is misunderstood as a “warning” to Brandon to not go to his truck when in fact, the message was sent to Brandon to question him as to where he was and inform him that they were all there to help and waiting for him.

8. 08/09/2013 Approx 4:30 AM Ladessa spoke with Kyle and was told he had found the truck but no sight of Brandon. Kyle said in panic, “I can’t find my brother. I can’t find my brother. He called me, and I can’t find him.” Kyle told Ladessa the doors were unlocked. Kyle added the gas in hopes Brandon would return. (What time?) Kyle and Audrey returned home after. (What time?) Coke County locked the truck doors and turned on the flashers. (When?)
9. 08/09/2013 Approx 5:00 AM Ladessa called police station to report the truck had been found in Bronte, TX 4 ½ miles N of Bronte, (bad reporting? or what...the truck was S. of Bronte) ¼ of a block from the rest stop (not a truck stop, no fuel stations, no restrooms, just picnic tables.) Ladessa told dispatch that a family member ran out of gas and gave location. She was calling to see if there was an update.
10. 08/10/2013 Ladessa was told by Misty, sheriff’s dispatcher, that there were two 911 calls made the night before by Brandon. She indicated that the call was in-and-out due to bad reception. (was she talking with sheriff's dispatcher or 911?) (This also contradicts her statement about seeing the 911 call on the phone bill.)
11. 08/12/2013 Texas Rangers got involved but never interviewed Ladessa
12. 08/13/2013 Misty, Coke Co dispatch, told Ladessa information regarding the 911 call and stated Brandon said, “I ran out of gas. I hit somebody.” It was told to be a bad connection due to lack of reception. Dispatch asked if Brandon needed an ambulance and he declined and said, “No, I need a cop” then he hung up.

Lots of questions from this report. This is where I think the concern is about Ladessa getting Kyle's call at 12:30, but not Brandon's at 12:34, 12:36 and 12:48. He must have already been in trouble because his 911 call was 10 minutes later at 12:58. Why did he not leave a message with Ladessa telling her who was after him or what was happening?

From sanangelolive.com news article:
1. Lawson was last seen leaving his residence following a fight with Lofton between 11:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. on August 9. Family members assume he was heading to Fort Worth, citing a lack of family and friends in the San Angelo area. (But his brother Kyle was in San Angelo)
2. Nearing Bronte on highway 277, Brandon reportedly dialed 911 at 12:50 a.m. because he had had an apparent accident and had run out of gas, however the phone call was hardly intelligible.
3. At 12:58 the Coke County Sherriff’s office received a call that a vehicle was parked haphazard on the side of the road out on highway 277, thus posing a risk to oncoming traffic.
4. Deputies responded to the call and arrived on the scene where Lawson’s truck stood abandoned. At the same time, Kyle Lawson, Brandon’s brother, appeared with a gas can and filled his brother’s truck.
5. According to Lori Norris, Brandon Lawson and Ladessa Lofton’s neighbor, the Sherriff’s Deputies asked Kyle Lawson if he was the one who had made the call, and Kyle stated that the vehicle was his brother’s and that he must have stepped away. Kyle Lawson would gas it up and his brother would return to retrieve it.

This article doesn't tell us anything we don't know except it contradicts the time Kyle put gas in the truck....which could just be shoddy reporting.

So here are some timeline's our newbies can pick apart and see what you think!!

BTW...all these articles are linked on this thread at some time early on.

Thank you for putting it all in one place nannymo. I only just started reading about BL a few days ago and it's good to have it all laid out neatly in that way rather than jumping from thread to thread and video to video all over the internet. It scatters my head lol. I'm going to read it all closely later on.

btw, i downloaded his 911 call converted it to mp3 and listened closer to it a bunch of times. To me it sounds like at the start he is describing the name or make of the vehicle that is causing the issue. "Yes i'm in the middle of a field a (schnyper) pushed/pulled some guys off the road". Could he be saying a SCHNEIDER is pushing/pulling people off the road? There is a truck company called Schneider and it has the name in clear large lettering on their trucks. We know that it was a trucker that called in about a vehicle blocking the road also, rather than a car driver.

The reason i think he may be describing the vehicle straight away is because he knows he needs the cops first and foremost at that point (he's only witnessing it at that point and nobody is hurt so cops over ambulance) and he knows the vehicle will be large enough and identifiable enough to the cops straight away so he's just getting the vehicle description out of the way at the start of the call.

Thank you for putting it all in one place nannymo. I only just started reading about BL a few days ago and it's good to have it all laid out neatly in that way rather than jumping from thread to thread and video to video all over the internet. It scatters my head lol. I'm going to read it all closely later on.

btw, i downloaded his 911 call converted it to mp3 and listened closer to it a bunch of times. To me it sounds like at the start he is describing the name or make of the vehicle that is causing the issue. "Yes i'm in the middle of a field a (schnyper) pushed/pulled some guys off the road". Could he be saying a SCHNEIDER is pushing/pulling people off the road? There is a truck company called Schneider and it has the name in clear large lettering on their trucks. We know that it was a trucker that called in about a vehicle blocking the road also, rather than a car driver.

The reason i think he may be describing the vehicle straight away is because he knows he needs the cops first and foremost at that point (he's only witnessing it at that point and nobody is hurt so cops over ambulance) and he knows the vehicle will be large enough and identifiable enough to the cops straight away so he's just getting the vehicle description out of the way at the start of the call.
Interesting theory but, "escaped for pushing guys over", is what I hear, and it sounds nothing like Schneider.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Interesting theory but, "escaped for pushing guys over", is what I hear, and it sounds nothing like Schneider.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with the pronouncing of words such as escaped and escaper in that area but i definitely hear like an 'uy' 'eye' or ky' in whatever he is saying - sniper, skuyver, skiver - something like that. I read in a few places ppl speculating he's saying 'sniper' but why would an actual sniper be pushing or pulling guys over? That doesn't even make sense. But if you think of 'sniper' as him incorrectly describing or using slang to name the vehicle it makes sense imo.

Here is what I hear all run together.....

BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. In fact we just pushed some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There’s one car here and a guy’s (guy is) chasing me in the woods. Please hurry!

There also was a rumor he was in an altercation with someone at Walmart after he left the house......It only takes about 25 minutes to go from his house to Bronte.

If he left his house at 11:54, called 911 at 12:58.......he did something after he left the house and we know he didn't buy any gas!!! LOL

I can also see him saying a State Trooper just pulled some guys over right here going towards Abilene on both sides of the road.

If that is the case, the Highway Patrol (State Trooper) said there was not a record of anyone pulled over. Also, LE reached the area very shortly afterwards and saw no one around.

I guess that might indicate LE involvement and a cover up....I am still naive and think that isn't the case here. I guess it could be, but I doubt it myself! JMO

Here is what I hear all run together.....

BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. In fact we just pushed some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There’s one car here and a guy’s (guy is) chasing me in the woods. Please hurry!

There also was a rumor he was in an altercation with someone at Walmart after he left the house......It only takes about 25 minutes to go from his house to Bronte.

If he left his house at 11:54, called 911 at 12:58.......he did something after he left the house and we know he didn't buy any gas!!! LOL

Oh bejezus ... Walmart here we go .. There is a valid area of question

Do

Oh bejezus ... Walmart here we go .. There is a valid area of question

Do

That was posted numerous times when the story first broke about him being in a fight with someone at walmart. I thought it was verified that he was at walmart after he left LL but the fight had not been verified.

I never saw an article stating he was at Walmart. I don't think it was ever verified. I may be wrong tho.

Well I've finally read through all 5 threads on here and would just like to add my 2 pence thoughts if that's ok

Firstly the 911 call. I believe that the editing is done at the beginning before Brandon says "yes, I'm in a field"

I think he may have given identifying information and a better location or at least the beginning of a location and that information has been redacted by the police.

My take on what he says during the call is below

Yes, I'm in the middle of a field
A skyper just cruised some guys over
We're out here going toward Abilene on both sides
My truck ran outta gas
There's one car/guy here, he got chased into the woods
Please hurry
We're not talking to 'em (or) went out talking to 'em
And I totally ran into 'em
Just the first guy
Yeah (different person)
No, I need the cops!

I believe it's possible that between the second & third 'hello' there could be a very faint whisper saying 'help me'

Further from the 911 call I am struggling to understand how Brandon can be in such deadly trouble once minute that he's begging the police to hurry, yet 20 mins approx later he's hiding from the LE officer who attends! It just makes no sense whichever way I try to look at it unless LE were involved in whatever trouble Brandon had stumbled across and the LE officer present was involved. Since there's been no theories of that being possible I have to say that is highly unlikely. I do also believe if that WAS the case that Brandon would have texted or said something to KL or A while he was supposedly watching that he couldn't come out due to the fact that the officer present was involved...he didn't say that, ergo that cannot be the reason he stayed hidden.

The hiding thing again. Even if we say he had a reason to call the police, beg them to hurry, then hide from them when they did arrive, why did he not come out after? Why if KL knew Brandon was hiding, did he not hang around until the officer had left the scene so Brandon could come out? It would seem simple enough for K & A to tell the officer they'd hang around a while and wait for Brandon so they could go and get gas.

If they did hang around after the officer left the scene then why, if Brandon was supposedly only feet away from them and could see the officer, did he not come out? That whole part of the story makes NO SENSE whatsoever. No matter how you try to twist it. I would say that since we have proof the 911 call exists, but we don't have proof of ANYTHING KL or A said about Brandon watching etc, that we have to dismiss all of that as false.

I'd like to think that the texts could be produced as proof or were taken by the police as proof if indeed Brandon did say these things to Kyle or Audrey after the 911 call.

Secondly, most of us believe there are two voices on the 911 call, I believe that too, but what if the second voice that says yeah is not someone Brandon is running from, or has pinned down. What if it's someone he's hiding with? Someone who is hurt and Brandon had come across a situation where a couple of guys were being hurt and he stopped to try to help, realising too late he was out of his depth. Maybe the 'yeah' voice was someone Brandon was helping, who was injured and that's why he said 'yeah' to the ambulance? Brandon could have thought the ambulance could wait until the cops showed up and either arrested the perpetrators or they fled the scene and Brandon & the hurt guy were safe?

Has KL ever spoken publicly about this? If not, do we know why not? If my brother was missing. And had supposedly sent these texts & calls prior to just vanishing, I know I'd be in front of reporters, msm & whoever would listen to me at every opportunity I got! Yet I've not heard of a single recorded interview with Kyle & that makes me think hmmmm...

I can't get my head around the phone charging in the van thing. Surely unless the van is running the phone won't charge?

The whole garage sale site & LL asking people if they'd seen Brandon. My understanding of that is that Brandon had been off work that day and had gone out, and it was during the day or the early evening that LL was asking people "have y'all seen Brandon". If at this point he was supposed to be home and was out and not answering LL's calls I can imagine that she would have been furious when he did finally arrive home! That could well have been the catalyst for their argument.

I read that they argued at least in part because Brandon accused LL of seeing someone else and that the argument was very loud and Brandon hit something?

Could LL be trying to hold back information because she was seeing someone (if she was, I know where my suspicions would lie at this point)? I can totally understand why she would try for that to not become public knowledge if that was possibly the case, certainly in the beginning anyway.

This could explain the whole answering Kyle's calls but not Brandon's as well. If you're that angry with someone & they keep trying to ring you, you ignore them, busy them whatever, but answer other calls at least until you calm down. It's also possible that maybe LL accused Brandon of seeing someone else rather than the other way round...again, not exactly something she'd want to be common knowledge & understandable if she tried to hide it initially.

I apologise for the long post, but everything's just been going round in my head for the last few days it's taken me to read though all 5 threads.

I think that either Brandon is sadly dead and his remains will eventually be found and if that's the case, then it was someone Brandon knew well. Or that Brandon decided to just cut his losses and start again.

I believe the LE know exactly what happened, but they just don't have enough evidence to prove it. Kind of like when someone is acquitted of a crime & the police make a statement after saying that they're not looking for anyone else in connection with the crime and it is not an open investigation - they tried hard in the beginning with searches etc, but I believe they became party to information fairly early on that made them decide not to pursue the disappearance but that they are currently unable to prove and that led them to halt their enquiries. (It would be great if Ranch Wife could give me a yea or nay on that point as I'm sure she probably still reads the thread)

Obviously this is all just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member