TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is definitely something fishy going on with this case. Personally, I think the cops were involved somehow. There is a lot of police corruption in that part of the state from what I've read. Also, why has the 911 call from truck driver never been released to the public? What is being hidden?

Is LE still actively looking for Brandon or not?

I feel pretty sure local LE is not actively searching. At one time Texas Rangers were involved, but I doubt they are doing much except following up on any leads which I think are non existent .

This just haunts me. I keep hearing his terrified voice in my head. Regardless of anything else, he clearly said "please hurry." He was in distress and needed help and I don't believe help was dispatched to him.

I also believe that corruption is a factor here....

LE has not spoken up - haven't released the actual audio and haven't clarified anything. WHY. Suspects in mind? Sensitive Info? Was BL an informant? WHY!?

This just haunts me. I keep hearing his terrified voice in my head. Regardless of anything else, he clearly said "please hurry." He was in distress and needed help and I don't believe help was dispatched to him.

I also believe that corruption is a factor here....

But the thing is he called his brother and his brothers gf AFTER the 911 call. This is the part i don't understand. He seems under distress or scared in the 911 call but then after that he calls/communicates with the brother and the brothers gf and the distress seems to have subsided enough for him to hide away from the cop that is at the vehicle. I believe if he were in a life or death situation there would have been some more urgency to come out of hiding and flag down the cop and the brother by any means necessary. Why would he care about some warrant if there were guys chasing after him looking to execute him at any moment?

But the thing is he called his brother and his brothers gf AFTER the 911 call. This is the part i don't understand. He seems under distress or scared in the 911 call but then after that he calls/communicates with the brother and the brothers gf and the distress seems to have subsided enough for him to hide away from the cop that is at the vehicle. I believe if he were in a life or death situation there would have been some more urgency to come out of hiding and flag down the cop and the brother by any means necessary. Why would he care about some warrant if there were guys chasing after him looking to execute him at any moment?

Personally, I am not sure at all about the timeline. I would like to see documented records from the phone company, police dispatch, etc to see exactly what happened, and when....the timeline is not clear nor consistent, so I am not comfortable with that. I'm not even sure the 911 tape was given to LL in its entirety. The only thing I am sure of is that the man on the 911 call says that he needs police and to please hurry.

Hello everyone, and I just have to say I love this site. I have been lurking and reading as a guest for a few days trying to get up to speed on this case. I have not read everything yet, so I will not ask question or make any real assumptions yet. What I will say is I am very familiar with this part of Texas. I am not from that area, I am from the Midland/Odessa area, my wife however is from the San Angelo area. I had some friends in the Bronte area and San Angelo area. I used to drive the route from San Angelo to Bronte quite a bit. That area is very dark at night. I have set at that very rest stop late at night (trying to catch a friend’s wife cheating). It is possible to not even know houses are close when porch lights are off, and people are asleep, like that area would be at 12:30AM. Another thing is the phrase people keep hearing on the 911 tape “Going towards Abilene on both sides”. I can see how people would hear this, but I think he is saying “Going towards Abilene on Bronte Side”. The reason I say this is there are two common ways to get to Abilene from San Angelo. One takes you through Ballinger on 67, the other takes you through Bronte on 277. Anyone from that area that heard “On Bronte side” would know 277. I will make more comments after I have gotten caught up on the mess of confusing data that is out there on this disappearance. BTW I don't feel like that is the complete 911 call. If this information has been posted before I am sorry. Like I said I am still sifting through the data and posts.

Edited to fix missing spaces.

I feel sol haunted by this case. Where are you, Brandon? :\

Welcome WestTX. It is nice to have someone familiar with the area. I am from Abilene and have family in San Angelo. I travel that route often. It is a unique area. Looking forward to your ideas.

:welcome:

Hello everyone, and I just have to say I love this site. I have been lurking and reading as a guest for a few days trying to get up to speed on this case. I have not read everything yet, so I will not ask question or make any real assumptions yet. What I will say is I am very familiar with this part of Texas. I am not from that area, I am from the Midland/Odessa area, my wife however is from the San Angelo area. I had some friends in the Bronte area and San Angelo area. I used to drive the route from San Angelo to Bronte quite a bit. That area is very dark at night. I have set at that very rest stop late at night (trying to catch a friend’s wife cheating). It is possible to not even know houses are close when porch lights are off, and people are asleep, like that area would be at 12:30AM. Another thing is the phrase people keep hearing on the 911 tape “Going towards Abilene on both sides”. I can see how people would hear this, but I think he is saying “Going towards Abilene on Bronte Side”. The reason I say this is there are two common ways to get to Abilene from San Angelo. One takes you through Ballinger on 67, the other takes you through Bronte on 277. Anyone from that area that heard “On Bronte side” would know 277. I will make more comments after I have gotten caught up on the mess of confusing data that is out there on this disappearance. BTW I don't feel like that is the complete 911 call. If this information has been posted before I am sorry. Like I said I am still sifting through the data and posts.

Edited to fix missing spaces.

Welcome! *waving from Midland*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Really wish we had more information of the weeks prior to where BL was the day of his disappearance.
Why was BL nervous and paranoid, of course any type of substance can induce this but feel there was something more going beyound any substance.

Is anyone or has confirmed knowledge if KL and BL worked for the same company?

EG have been highly impressed with your investigative documentation your smarter than an average bear.

STQ appreciate your collaberation in looking into the possibilities.

The reason the article had made me think ... Was based on the activity and location it would be heading out of San Angelo to Bronte. Wouldn't BL have passed by this location? As noted by EG would be interesting if BL was an acquaintance or frequented the gaming location.

Based upon some of the numerous timelines ... Was there a few minutes missing between departure, destination and phone calls.

Yes, he would've gone right by there......interesting. I am so close to getting to the end of this (these) thread(s)...after reading everything...articles, maps, comments and listening to the 911 about a thousand times, I am starting to develop a theory...which I will share once I am finally finished. I just had to comment on this from the beginning of this thread (#5).

I am bringing this link over to this thread. It is from the poll thread on Brandon. MzOpinion8d posted it and I find it very interesting. Some of the details are incorrect, but give it a listen all the way through and see what you think. I am also going to repost my ideas from the same thread and bring it over here also. (I hope that is OK to do!)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=1000389748646

Wow....this is so interesting Mz. This guy analyzes the psychological side of Brandon that no one else has done and I find what he says to be very likely. Thinking on these lines, I went back to my timeline and looked at it. Keeping what this guy has analyzed and talked about, this is what I can see happening:

We have heard rumors Ladessa was on social media throughout the day Brandon went missing looking for him. IIRC it was a rainy day, he was not working, one of the kids were sick and BL was no where to be found. Let's assume Brandon gets home finally around 11-11:30, an argument ensues. I can hear it! Where have you been, I need money, kids are sick.........what have you been up to?

11:54 BL calls his Dad in Crowley Tx (3 hrs and 45 minute drive from San Angelo) and leaves the house mad. His Dad tells him to go back home but he doesn't. He also doesn't take refuge at Kyle's house. Why? This fight is different at least to Brandon, because he is going home to cool off and think. Away from sick kids, away from Ladessa's complaining (not intending to offend Ladessa here), bills, money, possibly another relationship (rumored) etc. According to this analysis he had to get completely away to have some peace. I can understand this!
12:10 Kyle goes to the house to check on Ladessa.
12:25 or so Brandon calls Kyle to tell him he ran out of gas.
12:30 Kyle calls Ladessa to tell her Brandon ran out of gas. She says fine, come get the gas can and take him some gas. (I can also hear her saying serves the jerk since he took off on me...(again not intended to hurt anyone here, been there before). She also takes her phone at this point to the car to charge since apparently BL took the wall charger.
12:34, 12:36 and 12:48 Ladessa misses calls from BL because her phone is in the car. He does not leave a message.

What happens between 12:48 and 12:53 when BL makes the 911 call? (I will come back here in a minute!)

12:53 BL calls 911
12:58 Trucker calls 911 to report a motor vehicle with the tail end in the road.
Shortly after 1AM Deputy Neal arrives at Brandon's abandoned truck.
Kyle and his girlfriend arrive about the same time. Phone records indicate Kyle was on the phone with Brandon at this time. Also states phone reception is bad.
1:18 AM Kyle and Audrey (Kyle’s girlfriend) went to Brandon’s truck and called Brandon on the way to find his exact location. Kyle spoke with Brandon and states it sounded like Brandon was running through brush, and “scuffling around out in the brush.” He told Kyle to “just hurry up and get here” then he hung up. Audrey called Brandon and he stated, “Audg (her nickname) I’m ****ing bleeding.”
1:19 The last contact with Brandon Lawson’s phone was a text message at 1:19 am warning him about police sent from a phone belonging to Kyle Lawson’s girlfriend.

What happened between 12:48 when he tries to call Ladessa and 12:53 when Brandon calls 911?

That is just 5 minutes. What if these 2 guys BL talks about on the 911 call almost hit Brandon's truck with the tail end in the road and turn around and start a fight with Brandon. The podcast guy suggests they got in a road rage argument before he ran out of gas, which is a possibility, but I wonder since he did not indicate that to anyone before he ran out of gas if it might have happened as he sat waiting. Everything plays out just as the podcast guy (Ryan) suggests. One guy chases him, the other is driving down the highway, BL calls 911, first guy (or someone) shoots BL, first guy runs to car on highway, they see the trucker coming, Bl tries to get truckers attention but he's too far off the road. The 2 guys drive off till trucker leaves, come back and finish BL off (he can't live because he could identify them) and I think they take his body with them as they head one way or the other. I think they probably went down a dirt road or got off the highway somewhere and dumped his body. My gut tells me they headed back toward San Angelo because the deputy says he did not meet any other cars when he headed from Bronte to the abandoned vehicle.

I feel the trucker could have possibly seen the car, but had no clue it was involved. This guy takes into consideration all of the psychological aspects of what Brandon says and also what he doesn't say. It is as good as anything else we have talked about. I think his remains may be found by accident one of these days. It makes me sad to type that, but I truly feel he is no longer alive. Thanks MxOpinion8d for sharing that podcast. I almost didn't listen because he was getting some facts wrong. I find it interesting he states Ladessa was pregnant when she wasn't, but there was rumor BL had a girlfriend who was pregnant IIRC. (RUMOR)

Sorry this is so long! Lots of ideas coming out in my brain right now...

Nannymo, it’s not letting me pull it up. Do you have the name and episode of the podcast??? Excellent post, by the way!

I agree with the 1st paragraph.

But the 2nd paragraph, I don't think her going to bed is what I, and others, find to be odd. It's the supposedly putting the phone in the van to charge & that's her reason for not receiving calls/texts from BL, but somehow received all of BL's brother's, that's the part I personally find odd; not that she went to sleep or that she just missed calls/texts.

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

My take on this has always been that she was pissed at him and therefore didn't answer the phone. When it came time to explain why she had missed his calls, she was ashamed and felt guilty that she ignored his calls and he actually had really needed her. She knew everyone would be judging her for ignoring his calls, so she claimed it was because she didn't hear them since the phone was in the car. She's trying to save face. I don't think that makes her guilty of anything. I think she has enough guilt to carry over choosing, in anger and spite, not to answer the phone when he called. You know like "oh really, you're going to get crappy and drive off when you're pissed? Throw a little tantrum? Get help with your truck from your brother! Who's the big boy now?" I wasn't there and I don't know what happened, but I trying to look at it from the perspective of a 25 year old person with a house full of kids. Out of patience with the childish crap. I'm sure had she known he was truly in trouble, she would have answered those calls.

Why would the brother go to the house to check on the girlfriend? Check on what? I dunno that's always seemed a little out of place to me. It seems like something he'd do if there was a history of violence and abuse in the relationship and she had no immediate family in the area so the brother is the one who is called to deal with Brandon or calm him down or talk sense into him or whatever.

Why would the brother go to the house to check on the girlfriend? Check on what? I dunno that's always seemed a little out of place to me. It seems like something he'd do if there was a history of violence and abuse in the relationship and she had no immediate family in the area so the brother is the one who is called to deal with Brandon or calm him down or talk sense into him or whatever.

Or if there was a relationship between the two, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member