Found Alive TX - Brett Detamore, 38, Houston / Bear Creek Park, truck found torched, 21 June 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SRSLY, Brett? Over $100,000 for a truck? Even by Texas standards, that's a lot of pecans and brisket. I did experience Houston traffic in July, this truck might make that a bearable experience...maybe.

Car and Driver: 2023 Ram 1500 TRX, starting price for base model: $87,090
"it's the quickest gas-powered truck we've ever tested: The 702-hp monster flew to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds. That means that despite its 6800-pound heft, it can beat a Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 to the next streetlight..."

Brett upgraded to the Havoc: "...The 2023 TRX does get a limited-production Havoc Edition with exclusive Baja Yellow paint and Prowler Yellow interior stitching..."

(Photo of truck in this article: 2 lawsuits charge missing West U man with defaulting on cash advances)
Pathetic to buy something so expensive when it doesn't make one happy. If he was flaunting the situation to the investors, that's mean-spirited.

@Howl what do you think about his custom truck license plate that read:

Hide It

Hide It
A successful business man who steals from his company to fuel his grandiose, compulsive spending while flaunting his corruption? Shocking, considering.

He supposedly planned his disappearance, but ending up in a bus station in San Antonio 5 or 6 days later doesn't scream executive level functioning.

Maybe he realized life on the run wasn't going to work and he missed his family?

A successful business man who steals from his company to fuel his grandiose, compulsive spending while flaunting his corruption? Shocking, considering.

He supposedly planned his disappearance, but ending up in a bus station in San Antonio 5 or 6 days later doesn't scream executive level functioning.

Maybe he realized life on the run wasn't going to work and he missed his family?
No charges were pressed for faking his own disappearance, if it were one of us - I daresay we might not be so lucky.
The fraud he perpetrated and resulting lawsuits, are likely causing the extended family a good deal of embarassment. Who's paying for his Attorney?

"These lawsuits have just been filed, and we are reviewing the allegations. The events of the last few months have been tragic and, unfortunately, the subject of much public speculation and rumor; many false allegations have been made, and the Detamore family, including their young children, have suffered as a result. Mr. Detamore is getting the help he needs, and the entire Detamore family requests privacy at this time."

Priviledge Matters ...

Who's paying for his Attorney?

"These lawsuits have just been filed, and we are reviewing the allegations. The events of the last few months have been tragic and, unfortunately, the subject of much public speculation and rumor; many false allegations have been made, and the Detamore family, including their young children, have suffered as a result. Mr. Detamore is getting the help he needs, and the entire Detamore family requests privacy at this time."
(MOO to all of the below)

Well, exactly, because this is a statement generated by a lawyer and/or a professional reputation manager to deal with the media fall out.

"The events of the last few months have been tragic" This is a passive voice that absolves the perpetrator of responsibility by making it seem as though he is a hapless victim.

Second, "many false allegations have been made" is to cast doubt on what may be potentially be serious financial skullduggery, as reported by MSM and lawsuits that have been filed.

The Detamore family, including their young children, have suffered as a result.
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?
Anyway, people are suffering because of Brett Detamore's actions, not because of allegations and innuendo.

"Mr. Detamore is getting the help he needs." I suspect (MOO, of course) that Brett is seeing a psychiatrist or has been tucked away in some luxe mental health clinic to get him out of the public eye.

"...the entire Detamore family requests privacy at this time..." Go away while we figure out how to spin this, get forensic accountants to work to understand the extent of the damage and shield any remaining assets.

(I do clearly understand that Brett Detamore's actions hurt his loved ones terribly. I do have a cynical take on how lawyers protect wealthy clients, even though that is their job.)

Pathetic to buy something so expensive when it doesn't make one happy. If he was flaunting the situation to the investors, that's mean-spirited.

Hide It
His wife’s Instagram page was named “hide it from your husband” so it could have been a nod to her page since she had quite a large following.

Your narrative is spot on.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned - will the marriage ultimately survive? Or is everyone in damage control mode at current?
I thought I had heard she had filed for divorce....but this memory is from soon after he was located....Clarification appreciated.

HOUSTON - Brett Detamore, the man who disappeared but was found days later in 2023, is now facing federal charges.

According to the U.S. Attorney Alamdar S. Hamdani, Detamore is set to make his initial appearance in federal court on August 12.

The charges allege he fraudulently obtained at least $1.5 million for his personal use by misusing funds intended for the construction of private residences.

A release stated that Detamore allegedly submitted false and fraudulent invoices to banks holding construction loans for single-family residences he had been contracted to build. The false invoices caused the banks to send funds to bank accounts Detamore controlled, according to the allegations. Detamore then allegedly used the funds for his personal benefit.

If convicted, Detamore faces up to 20 years in federal prison and a possible $250,000 maximum fine as well as full restitution to the victim's homeowners.

Is she still married to him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back