TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, but for the theory of an accident to work, you would need explain WHAT he would be doing walking in that area at 3 in the morning? Shoeless no less? If you can make that make sense, please share because I've exhausted all efforts.
Well the picture of the bridge didn’t make sense to most posters, some even considered it an accident. But it was later stated the picture was send with an inside joke to an old friend.
So lots of people do things that don’t make sense to others but do to them.

Yes, but for the theory of an accident to work, you would need explain WHAT he would be doing walking in that area at 3 in the morning? Shoeless no less? If you can make that make sense, please share because I've exhausted all efforts.
This particular manhole is just a few steps from the picture of that bridge he sent through snapchat. I believe, and again this is moo, for whatever reason he came back from walking the dog, went back out (maybe to meet the uber eats driver as it was stated this was not the usual store he ordered from, or because he was too wired to sleep and thought he'd wait outside the complex). Saw a cool picture opportunity when he went out, walked over, took the picture, walked back towards the Cottages apartments and due to fog... well. All IMHO only.

Except that LE has stated that they DO suspect foul play and it is a digital investigation currently. With word that they do have current areas in the case they are working.

With the amount of resources used in this case I would think there is some avenue they were looking at. I hope that this isn't written off as a freak accident, until we have identification and the full story of what all we know and if it indeed was may Caleb and his family find peace.
They did, likely as a process of elimination. That area was thoroughly searched, and there was no sign of him. Foul play was really the only thing left, likely bolstered by the presence of secretive online communications. It's easy to see how law enforcement got there, and how they could have been completely wrong.

I still think that he was letting the dog run off-leash and realized they lost a rabies tag or something when they got back to the apartment and went back out to retrace their steps.
I like that theory, as it would explain why he went back out (dropped something), and why he would potentially be in close proximity to that open manhole.

Well, since the uncovered manhole was so close to where he snapped the bridge picture, maybe he was pacing and hanging out to meet someone, but never got the chance, as the heavy fog made him stumble into the manhole?

What if he were RUNNING across that field—afraid and not paying attention, just anxious to reach the apartment complex? Hook up gone bad, running, stumble into open manhole….MOO. This one haunts me.

Sure. If there was a store or another apartment through that field. But who hooks up in a creepy field at 3 am? There are cars, and his own apartment to do so!
But running without looking makes sense. Did someone give him drugs?

Some sources have said the “open manhole” on the adjacent property may actually be a private well. If so, does anyone know if it’s connected to the city sewage system ? I would think not, but would love to hear confirmation.

Just a question I have while we await further information from LE.

Well the picture of the bridge didn’t make sense to most posters, some even considered it an accident. But it was later stated the picture was send with an inside joke to an old friend.
So lots of people do things that don’t make sense to others but do to them.

Does the last photo match the bridge by his apartment? If so his last photo was his last known place. It could explain if he slipped and fell or if someone else encountered him out there by the bridge at 3 am.

Many strange possibilities are now coming into my mind, such as whether he could have opened the manhole himself to explore it or whether someone he was meeting could actually be the one who fell in. (Unlikely, I know.)

So, I think I will just come back when LE has provided an update that explains their conclusions on this harsh and baffling case.

Many strange possibilities are now coming into my mind, such as whether he could have opened the manhole himself to explore it or whether someone he was meeting could actually be the one who fell in. (Unlikely, I know.)

So, I think I will just come back when LE has provided an update that explains their conclusions on this harsh and baffling case.

I think what I find bizarre is he was going to meet an UnderEats at 3 am. So why didn't he meet them and go EAT his food? If you are hungry why wander around aimlessly in a dark field? Why leave the complex and go to the bridge barefoot?
Did his roommates say he was extremely intoxicated, or high? Nothing makes any logical sense to me. Who meets up for a hook up in a creepy field when he had a car/truck? or his own apartment? Was he meeting up with a drug dealer and things went south quickly?

I think what I find bizarre is he was going to meet an UnderEats at 3 am. So why didn't he meet them and go EAT his food? If you are hungry why wander around aimlessly in a dark field? Why leave the complex and go to the bridge barefoot?
Did his roommates say he was extremely intoxicated, or high? Nothing makes any logical sense to me. Who meets up for a hook up in a creepy field when he had a car/truck? or his own apartment? Was he meeting up with a drug dealer and things went south quickly?

The order wasn't for immediate consumption, it was for lunch a few hours later. It was no contact (delivered to porch) and found by roommates later that day.

IMO I am about 95% sure that he did not head outside intending to pick up his food. He could have been inside the apt and opened the door after the app notification. He was outside for another reason.

He ordered the Uber for the next day, after classes, and as snacks to go fishing.
Maybe he was waiting to meet someone and was a little off-base due to the heavy fog?

Questions I have regarding the open manhole in the field:

In order for Caleb to get there, he’d be crossing a big divided roadway (Ennis Joslin Rd), isn’t that right? And the field would be lumpy and full of poky or squishy things I’d think—not the kind of ground one would like to go barefoot on. And even crossing Ennis Joslin Rd in heavy fog would not be wise, imo, since cars may not see you until right upon you. What made him go there?

If this manhole was open, and it connects to the raw sewage waste pipes, wouldn’t it emit a sickening, gag-inducing odor, that even if the thick fog shrouded the open hole, Caleb or anyone would not even want to walk anywhere towards the direction of the smell?

If he did fall into the open hole and meet his demise, and the area was searched after he was reported missing, why was there no hits by cadaver dogs or even humans noting a smell of death there?

In order for Caleb to get there, he’d be crossing a big divided roadway (Ennis Joslin Rd), isn’t that right? And the field would be lumpy and full of poky or squishy things I’d think—not the kind of ground one would like to go barefoot on. And even crossing Ennis Joslin Rd in heavy fog would not be wise, imo, since cars may not see you until right upon you. What made him go there?

If this manhole was open, and it connects to the raw sewage waste pipes, wouldn’t it emit a sickening, gag-inducing odor, that even if the thick fog shrouded the open hole, Caleb or anyone would not even want to walk anywhere towards the direction of the smell?

If he did fall into the open hole and meet his demise, and the area was searched after he was reported missing, why was there no hits by cadaver dogs or even humans noting a smell of death there?
Very good questions.
I think if he fell into the manhole, and it was 40 ft deep and pretty 'full' it's likely he was not visible or detectable by smell (either submerged or the smell of the sewer masked the smell of a body). imoo.

Sure. If there was a store or another apartment through that field. But who hooks up in a creepy field at 3 am? There are cars, and his own apartment to do so!
But running without looking makes sense. Did someone give him drugs?
Picked up closer to the front of the apartment, passenger when he realizes things are getting dangerous, leaves the car in whatever way and sprints? MOO.

Why is there an open sewer well in a field? Anyone especially children could fall into it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahtnamaS_06
Back